Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Market Growers: New Season, let's talk about it.

Communities > Forums > Market Growers
bookmark
Forum: Market GrowersReplies: 29, Views: 341
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 26, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9099327

We hired a girl to be a lead worker. She has a degree in horticulture. Really a good worker, too.
To give her something to do earlier, she went through my perennial beds cleaning out unwanted weeds. Did a terrific job. Now that we started in the garden, she is great!
Her name is Sarah, so if I mention her by name you will know who I am talking about.
Tuesday all, 20,000, onions went in the ground. Wednesday we planted some Red Dogwood trees. We have one strip of land that is all gravely & don't do well. We sowed it to alfalfa & the dogwoods. We'll leave it for wildlife. Then we laid a bunch of plastic.
Today we started by spraying the area between the plastic with Treflan, then cultivated it in. Then did more plastic until we ran out.
Ordered some more hopping it will come in the morning.
Later my son, DW, & Sarah set out cabbage & other cole crops. Sarah did most of the planting & did great!
Tomorrow chance of rain. It would be nice.

How is everybody else doing ?
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Click an image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 29 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America