Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Does anyone know of epi Corrigata ?

Merino, Australia

I have had this epi for a number of years since buying a large old, epi collection. The label only says Corrigata.
It is one of the epis with the zig zag shape to the branches.

It has just bloomed and I am wondering if anyone knows of it.
The only other epi I have that has bloomed at this time of year ( other than a couple of confused spring flowering epis ) is Darahii, which is similar in flower size, but slightly different in color.

It has a light perfume and will open further by tomorrow.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

Corrigata may be spelled Corrugata and could be a cactus rather than an Epi. Check out: the link above. There are many branches of this family but all I have found are Cacti. Maybe your plant is miss named? Could you give us a picture of the plant itself where limb structure can be determined? bob

Thumbnail by orchidman1
Merino, Australia

Thanks for reply Bob.
I was thinking it may be misnamed when I could find no info on it.
I have since been told it may be anguliger .
I have taken a pic of the scalloped branches and a better one of the flower.
The flower is nearly the same as darrahii once fully opened.
Perfume is lovely and quite strong for such a small flower.

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset
Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

Jean: Anguliger it is! Better known as the Fishbone Cactus. One of the most fragrant blooms which average 5 inches across with tube exceeding 6 inches usually. bob

Merino, Australia

Thank you Bob. I found another which also has a flower and a name tag...anguliger it is definitely
Yes , the perfume is lovely
Now to await some of the other mystery ones I have

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.