Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Perennials: Direct sowing months for perennials

Communities > Forums > Perennials
bookmark
Forum: PerennialsReplies: 3, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9099901

Was going through paper clutter in my computer desk tray and came across a printed page from www.stokeseeds.com website. It gives a list of perennials to direct sow during months of July, August, and September. I have circled the ones that interest me. A lot of us wait till wintersowing time but I have circled the ones that interest me and may try direct sowing. Check the Stokes seed wesite out for yourself. Last winter I went online and asked for my name to be removed from a lot of seed catalog list. Trying to avoid a lot of catalogs coming in the house avoiding more paper clutter. I must have a fetish for catalogs and I love to look through the flower catalogs that has beautiful colored pictures of flowers..I figure I can always look at their website, if I wanted to order something.
I'm going to make a list of things I'd like to try and jot it into my DG blog/dairy for future use.
That doesn't say I'll remember to do it but hey, it's worth a shot!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 27, 2012
12:07 PM

Post #9100150

I went there and was not able to find the list of direct sow perenns, any help where that info is on their site? Kathy.
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9100430

Kathy, looking at my printed off paper, I printed it off their website Dec.1, 2010..Maybe they have removed it. I'll check again. Sorry but I don't get their catalogue anymore.
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 27, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9100436

If you look on their website, you will see a list of categories listed on left side of page. They have changed their format a bit but it's still there. Just went to it. Of course, they have listed the flowers under the month and want you to buy their seeds..always a marketing ploy for seed companies but you don't have to order from them.. My copy is all marked up to my choices or I'd be glad to mail it to you.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America