Head Phones for Computer

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

I would like to be able to switch from speakers to headphones then back to speakers. My wife watches TV and I am on the computer.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Many computers are different but my Dell Dimension desktop has a sub-miniature phone plug jack on the front panel. Plugging in there cuts off the volume to the rear speaker port. If you have a pc with an audio card, there is probably a port on the card doing the same thing. Sub-miniature is the normal sized trs phone plug (I think about 1/8 th inch or 3.5mm) used for pc speaker connections.

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks to you I found a plug in for my headphones on my Dell tower. I can play CDs on it but when I tried a movie it said I didn't have a DVD decoder. Can you tell me what I need to purchase and how to install it?

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

You probably have a CD rw drive instead of a CD/DVD drive. Cd drives will not play or record DVD. They are relatively inexpensive even if you order one from Dell. You must be careful to order the correct version. The older drives had a ribbon parallel cable (IDE) where the newer drives have a serial cable (SATA). Otherwise the mountings are either the same or adaptable.

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi Again,
Just so I would know more about it, I googled “computer DVD decoder” Then I clicked on this address:
http://alwaysdownloads.com/downloads/video/?t202id=7204&c1=segu&t202kw=Free%Knowing there had to be some gimmick to this I still tried it. Low and behold I now have a decoder and can play DVDs. There was a lot of other stuff included such as PCmaximizer showing 3000+ infections but I hesitate to try it, just happy my DVDs work ok now.

Gene

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

All is well that ends well.

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

That decoder I downloaded, still think there is a gimmick to it. I have now downloaded a decoder specifically for Windows XP. I am. not using the other. I received a wierd phone call yesterday. A foreign voice said "about the DVD decoder you downlaoded" I said yes? Thten the line went dead. I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far everything ok.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.