Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Computer Talk: Head Phones for Computer

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 6, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9099947

I would like to be able to switch from speakers to headphones then back to speakers. My wife watches TV and I am on the computer.
Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL
(Zone 5b)

April 28, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9101942

Many computers are different but my Dell Dimension desktop has a sub-miniature phone plug jack on the front panel. Plugging in there cuts off the volume to the rear speaker port. If you have a pc with an audio card, there is probably a port on the card doing the same thing. Sub-miniature is the normal sized trs phone plug (I think about 1/8 th inch or 3.5mm) used for pc speaker connections.
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9102387

Thanks to you I found a plug in for my headphones on my Dell tower. I can play CDs on it but when I tried a movie it said I didn't have a DVD decoder. Can you tell me what I need to purchase and how to install it?
Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL
(Zone 5b)

April 29, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9102440

You probably have a CD rw drive instead of a CD/DVD drive. Cd drives will not play or record DVD. They are relatively inexpensive even if you order one from Dell. You must be careful to order the correct version. The older drives had a ribbon parallel cable (IDE) where the newer drives have a serial cable (SATA). Otherwise the mountings are either the same or adaptable.
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9102875

Hi Again,
Just so I would know more about it, I googled “computer DVD decoder” Then I clicked on this address:
http://alwaysdownloads.com/downloads/video/?t202id=7204&c1=segu&t202kw=Free%Knowing there had to be some gimmick to this I still tried it. Low and behold I now have a decoder and can play DVDs. There was a lot of other stuff included such as PCmaximizer showing 3000+ infections but I hesitate to try it, just happy my DVDs work ok now.

Gene
Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL
(Zone 5b)

April 29, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9102898

All is well that ends well.
Sparks42
Lexington, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9119457

That decoder I downloaded, still think there is a gimmick to it. I have now downloaded a decoder specifically for Windows XP. I am. not using the other. I received a wierd phone call yesterday. A foreign voice said "about the DVD decoder you downlaoded" I said yes? Thten the line went dead. I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far everything ok.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America