Richmond, TX

Good grief! Does anyone know what's going on at Rolex? I just looked at the cross-country scoreboard and more than a third of the riders have been eliminated or retired on course!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

lots of fences with easy runout opportunities. US has 16 riders in the top 20 after today.

(can't spell today,lol)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2012 7:51 PM

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Karen O'Conner was talking about it getting very warm out there later in the day.

Richmond, TX

Narrow fences and corners have sort of become the norm. I was wondering whether they had a bad rainstorm or something... The problems seem to have occurred throughout the day.

South Hamilton, MA

They tried to make the course much like London will be.

British rider in the lead by a few % points. Alison Springer (US) led after dressage & lost a few time faults in X country, so 2nd now. NZ rider in 3rd & Karen O'Connor 4th. NBC has jumping from 2-3 pm. Today was on a channel that many people don't have.

Richmond, TX

I guess our Olympic hopes in Eventing are looking a bit dim in that case.

South Hamilton, MA

There are a lot of good riders. some of them have to encourage their horses. The ones who fell or messed up seemed to be on inexerienced horses.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

US placed 2-5 in the Rolex. we had a lot in the top 10 too.

Richmond, TX

It is also sort of neat that William Fox-Pitt won, since he already won Burghley he now has a chance at the eventing equivalent of the triple crown the "Rolex Grand Slam" all he has to do is also win Badminton next week!
I still wonder why the course took such a toll; it didn't seem that different from previous years.

South Hamilton, MA

Would he ride the same horse at Badminton? It seems rather soon.

Richmond, TX

No, the score is kept on the rider only.

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

For those of you who were following Rolex you may want to check out this weekend 3 day event at the Horse Park of New Jersey. The website is http://www.horseparkofnewjersey.com. Dressage is today and Cross Country is tomorrow. There are about 75 horses and riders, some came from Rolex so I am told. Just thought I would mention if you were a follower of these riders. Enjoy.

Richmond, TX

Thanks!

South Hamilton, MA

LET US KNOW WHO ARE WINNERS ARE AT THE END, PLEASE.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

put in my favs so I can check it out, thanks!

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Keep watching the website. I think they are going to post the scores as they go and if not, they will have the results posted for sure. I will ask if they are going to post them just to be sure I have them for you. This is the 10th year they have had this at the HPNJ and this year I think there are only 76 horses. Really down compared to last year.
I will ask just what they are going to post and let you know. JB

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

If you are on Facebook, they also have a page there where they usually post all the new stuff. You can sign in on that too if you are interested. JB

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Went to the Horse Park Timeline page and found this. If you are interested in the Dressage results.

Horse Park of New Jersey at Stone Tavern, Inc.
Yesterday
Go to Eventing Nation to see results of the Jersey Fresh International Dressage Day #1
Unlike Share

You and Lisa Ryan like this.
Lisa Minshull https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eventing-Nation/118169238201184
Eventing Nation
The latest eventing news, results, and commentary brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.
Page: 6,811 like this
23 hours ago Like
Write a comment...

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Jersey Fresh Dressage CCI and CIC results:

http://www.horseparkofnewjersey.com/2012_JERSEY_FRESH/JF%20RESULTS/results.htm

Boyd Martin on Crackerjack first in CCI 2*
Karen O'Connor on Mandiba first in CIC 2*

Cross Country starts at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow with Boyd Martin on Merging.

All the times and results are on the Jersey Fresh page on the HorseParkofNewJersey website. Enjoy.

JB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images