Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

N. TX ru

Arlington, TX

Thanks to everyone I got plants from and to Sybil for hosting us. A special thanks to trishen for the nipple cactus,it was a great surprise. I hated to trade and run but my hubby planned a nice weekend getaway.

Here r a few pics of my yard from yesterday.
C

Dallas, TX

Very pretty! are they all Texas natives?

Arlington, TX

All except the roses. I still grow a few non natives that can take the TX heat.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Such great fun! Cheryl, I'm so sorry you had to leave early, but hope you're having a good time with the hubby.

Sybil, thank you for hosting us. What a beautiful home and property you have!!

I have pics to share, but haven't uploaded them yet. Still need to sort plants and plant my okra seeds! LOL

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

It looks lovely Cheryl, you do a very good job.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks to everyone for making this such a great roundup. Special thanks to Sybil for providing such an excellent venue!

As usual, I came away with some plants that I cannot identify. Sorry for the poor quality, but I just took this in the dark with my phone.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

I also ended up with 4 or 5 plants that all look like this:

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

#2 and possibly the last one in your first post are Prairie Verbenas (I think), from Cheryl.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Food!!

Anna & Austin checking out plants.

Eating & socializing...making new friends and getting caught up with old friends.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Talking plants. (Dennis, sorry I cut your head off, but that tree limb was in the way!)

Maddy, Austin, and Phyllis

Anna & Dennis

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Kate (MsGrubbyFungus) and Smockette's mom, Doris.

Door prize time!

One last look at available plants!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Dennis, your first picture is rain lilies from me. Apparently the label fell off. Oops

We had a great time, sorry to run off as well but the long drive and chores were a concern. I too have a couple plants I cannot identify but they will have to wait till Monday since I am heading to Austin to judge a dog trial tomorrow. It was fabulous to meet everyone, Sybil's place is gorgeous! Thanks for having us,

Joy and Dave

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Had a wonderful time. I also need to apologize for leaving early without a chance to say proper goodbyes. And thank yous to Sheila, Josephine ,Frank and Sybil and all others behind the scenes.
I had to be in Azle to pick up this little rescue. She needs a name...maybe inspired by today's RU?

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I did not get nearly enough visiting time after arriving so late. I love the RU and all you guys. Thanks to all the people who made it happen and all those who participated. Sybil and hubby thanks for helping me get there and find my way home. The way you took me back was easy and gorgeous!! What a pleasant drive! wish I had called y'all before getting all tangled up with my GPS and my google map. If you got plants from me, know that some plants are in good soil and others are not. Check and re-pot as needed. Also, some things were potted up months ago and some potted as recently as yesterday. I'd wait until I see roots out the bottom to be sure they are ready. All the rooted cuttings have been in since last of Jan.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Anna, is she a rescue and are you fostering her? What about Flower (the name of Sybil's dog)?

It was a wonderful time as usual, but unfortunately it all goes by too quickly.

Thank you Sybil for providing us with a wonderful place and also the drinks, utensils and plates, you are a great hostess.

Marty I am glad that your drive home was easier, we worried about you on the way up.

Joy, it was good to meet you and your husband, we hope you can make it to the next one.

Dennis, I believe the fourth plant is a fall aster from me.

Thank you everyone for making it a great time as usual, the food was great and very much enjoyed by all.

Someone brought a fruit salad in a pretty green glass dish, I have the dish at home but the salad which was great is all gone, whose dish is it?

Cheryl I have some plants here for you the people brought and also a door prize, when can I give them to you?

Trishann took the pictures with the door prizes, I only took a few and not ready yet.

Thank you Everyone for making the swap so much fun , we had a great time.
Josephine.

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Had the best time yesterday at Sybil's... Thank you all for making it the perfect day!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

added one picture twice and can't find how to take it it out...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Love Sybil's flowers!! What canna is that?

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok, here we go with the door prizes..

Arlington, TX

Josephine I come home pretty late in the evenings. Could I pick them up one evening after work this coming week? Otherwise it will have to wait until I can come next weekend and pick them up.
C

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeff accepted the bird feeder for Sybil since she was out of site doing something..... We made sure we took a picture of her with her door prize though...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Sorry it is taking so long to post them ....

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

More door prizes...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Love my door prize!!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Door Prizes... I have learned I have to type something in the message or my pictures will not post... Wonder why??

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

everyone is so happy with their gifts!! Opps, Double post...

This message was edited Apr 29, 2012 1:22 PM

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Here Sybil is with her door prize...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Love the Welcome Sign..

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

End of the door prize pictures, but I have more great pictures to post.... I Love my birdhouse!!!!!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Look how cute the doggy is..

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Smockette was twisting Sybils arm saying I gotta have a start if that plant... Hahaha!!

LOL, Just love these pictures... They were working so hard... I tried to get a picture of Sybil jumping on the shovel, but missed it everytime...

This message was edited Apr 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

This is the last picture... Looking forward to seeing all the other pictures you guy's took...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

OK....all of the pics were great Trishann, thanks for posting them!!
Questions & comments...
What was the plant you girls were working so hard to dig?
Jeff did you know that was a weeder not a nose pick?
We failed to mention that the birdhouse was handmade by Dfwdennis' dad Ray.... and it was georgeous!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Very funny!!!
Yes, I am curious about what sybil and smockette were digging too.
Those birdhouses are precious. Dennis, your Dad should start a little business. I would pay for one of those!
Thanks for taking all the pictures Trishann

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

And Stephanietx....you are so in trouble for the third pic on this post!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9101913

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

In the picture with Smockette twisting poor Sybil's arm, she was really catching her from a fall... Sybil was jumping on the shovel trying to dig us some kind of hibiscus... Just love those pictures!!

Sybil, did you ever think of the name for that hibiscus?
Thank you so much for hosting the plant swap, we all had a great time and it was awesome meeting you, Jeff and along with all the other wonderful plant nuts that came...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Yea, Ray also told me the license plate on the birdhouse was from Dennis's grandpa's car... That makes it that much more special.....

Great pictures Trishann, thank you for doing that.

Cheryl yes you can come pick your plants up this week, just let me know which day.

Josephine.

North Richland Hills, TX

Sybil, thank you to you and your family for hosting; you have a lovely home. It was wonderful seeing you again. Thanks for all the plants. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.