Photo by Melody

Perennials: 911 for my Fiesta Forsythia! Please help me save them!

Communities > Forums > Perennials
bookmark
Forum: PerennialsReplies: 2, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sburt
John Day, OR

April 29, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9103022

I am in dire need of some advice. I have three Fiesta Forsythia plants and they are truly one of my favorites in the garden. This past year they took a lot of abuse from lack of my attention and the overcrowding of invasive plants. I just finished uncovering them today and found them in pitiful (read shameful) condition. What I found is long stringy stems with tiny leaves. I am just sick. What can I do to save them and return them to their once gorgeous condition??? Can I cut them way down to encourage them to grow strong? Or, should I bite the bullet and put them out of their misery? I greatly appreciate any advice given.
Thanks so much,
Sburt
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 29, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9103149

Can you take a pic? That always helps people on DG make diagnoses and recs. Thanks. My forsythia didn't bloom this year...I'm trying to figure that one out.
sburt
John Day, OR

April 30, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9103591

[quote="kosk0025"]Can you take a pic? That always helps people on DG make diagnoses and recs. Thanks. My forsythia didn't bloom this year...I'm trying to figure that one out. [/quote]

I will. When I posted yesterday my husband had the camera with him while turkey hunting...Thanks for replying

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America