911 for my Fiesta Forsythia! Please help me save them!

John Day, OR

I am in dire need of some advice. I have three Fiesta Forsythia plants and they are truly one of my favorites in the garden. This past year they took a lot of abuse from lack of my attention and the overcrowding of invasive plants. I just finished uncovering them today and found them in pitiful (read shameful) condition. What I found is long stringy stems with tiny leaves. I am just sick. What can I do to save them and return them to their once gorgeous condition??? Can I cut them way down to encourage them to grow strong? Or, should I bite the bullet and put them out of their misery? I greatly appreciate any advice given.
Thanks so much,
Sburt

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Can you take a pic? That always helps people on DG make diagnoses and recs. Thanks. My forsythia didn't bloom this year....I'm trying to figure that one out.

John Day, OR

Quote from kosk0025 :
Can you take a pic? That always helps people on DG make diagnoses and recs. Thanks. My forsythia didn't bloom this year....I'm trying to figure that one out.

I will. When I posted yesterday my husband had the camera with him while turkey hunting...Thanks for replying

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.