Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make an Ant Moat: My variation

Communities > Forums > Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make an Ant Moat
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make an Ant MoatReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
holly85749
Tucson, AZ

April 30, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9103700

I use the scoop from the high efficiency laundry powder, cut off the handle, poke a hole with an ice pick (no drill), insert a length of solder wire (no glue), curl both ends, invert the cup (so it doesn't collect water, and put a thick smear of petroleum jelly on the inside. Some dirt does blow in and stick to the petroleum jelly, but I've never had that stop it's effectiveness. I clean it up once or twice a year.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9103705

Great idea!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; How to Make an Ant Moat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very nice! LeBug 1 Apr 29, 2012 5:56 AM
Ants in your hummingbird feeder EcoStewards 2 Apr 30, 2012 9:30 AM
Ant moat blossems 1 Apr 30, 2012 7:48 AM
ant moat blossems 1 May 4, 2012 7:42 AM
ant moat Tvland88 1 May 14, 2012 2:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America