Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Computer Talk: Lost folders

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 4, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 30, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9104293

About a week ago when I went to retrive some email I had stored on my "Inbox" heading in the folder that was "drafts"...it's gone. The whole folder. In fact, ALL the folders that were under my TDS Inbox heading are gone. I can't even see what I have deleted. Drafts, junk mail, deleted...all gone. I can't remember clicking on anything I shouldn't have, and I have no memory of some stupid window popping open and asking me an equally stupid question. All the sub-folders under the "Storage Folders" are still there, but what I want isn't there. Arghhhhhhhh...(pulling hair and gnashing of teeth...)

Any hints on how to try and get this missing info/folders back where they belong?
Eggs_Zachtly
Washington, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 30, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9104712

In what email program? And, what Operating System?
Do you have different accounts set up for the computer? NOT email accounts. User accounts.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 30, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9104716

Anna -- is this on your Ipad or a computer? [to go along with the Q's that Eggs asked]
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 30, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9104861

Windows 7...Windows Live mail

On the PC, not iPad

Only 1 email account, with TDS.
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 2, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9107457

I discovered the strangest thing...no, the folders aren't where they are supposed to be...BUT...I clicked on one email I wanted to save/copy, so clicked on "copy to" and lo and behold, those files that are NOT visible under my TDS inbox heading are all there. But, I have NO idea on how to restore them so they show under the inbox heading. Any suggestions?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America