Round Robin Quilt 2012 - Our Centers

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Here is where we can post pictures of our Centers before we send them to get the first borders added.
Here's my Panel Center for one of the groups, and I'll post the other one when I finish the embroidery.

Barb, Pat, Audrey & LK DO NOT want their center's work in progress to be shown....

Here's "who sends what to who" Thanks to Thunder for asking for me to put this on again!!
group One:
1. Susan (sends to Linda Kay)
2. Linda Kay (sends to Barb)
3. Barb (sends to Audrey)
4. Audrey (sends to Betty)
5 Betty (sends to Cher)
6. Cher (sends to Susan)

Group Two
1 Susan (sends to Mitsy)
2 Mittsy (sends to Pat)
3. Pat sends to Thunder
4 Thunder (sends to Dorothy)
5 Dorothy (sends to Anita)
6 Anita (sends to Susan)

This message was edited Nov 19, 2012 6:38 PM

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

very pretty, :} I am working on mine..

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Me too

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Me three!

Here's what i have so far, I still want to add smething in the corners.

Thumbnail by mittsy
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

How about a small sprig of holly????

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Or some lights, or ornaments? That is pretty!

I love that, Mittsy! As I will be putting the last 4" (4 1/2" unfinished) border on, I know Just what I'll use for your last border! I also have "keystones" for the corners! I won't show what I have, because it's when you receive your center back, with all borders on, (and any additions you may add?!?!), that we'd like to see your finished top!

Everyone - please post the finished top, Before you add anything, and if you wish to add more borders and/or sashing - please post AGAIN when it's all done with your additions.

I don't mind if people post pictures of the work they do on mine as it is going to my son in law Ray's mom, Peggy. I love to follow the progress with pictures and imagine that others do too. I'm planning on making a short section of binding with the leftover fabric from my center.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Mittsy, that is soooo pretty! I'm looking forward to following your progress.

I've made another thread to post work in progress".
For those of you who want to be surprised, we will not post the top as we go along.

Those who wish to see the Work in Progress are:

Mittsy

Here is the thread for the "work in progress"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1256391/

This message was edited May 5, 2012 3:59 PM

For whatever reason, I didn't see that Mittsy had already posted her pic, so this is a duplicate lol

This message was edited May 7, 2012 9:12 PM

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

This is what I am going to make for my center. My DS went to live with his Father for a couple of months and decided to come home and he brought this little pup with him. Her name is Rosie and I started a black white and red quilt for him so I thought I would see what you all can do to dress her up LOL.
Cher

Thumbnail by cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

This is the black , white and red I have the top done I am just putting embroidered dragons on the borders thenI can quilt it
Cher

Thumbnail by cheriffic
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

wow, Cher, that's gorgeous! What color thread are you using for the dragons?

a Great Dane puppy???? oh boy.... hehehehe

Beautiful quilt top! Can;t wait to see the embroidery work on it!

That's a Great center - I posted it in "the other room". too.
And I KNOW I have some red; white; and black (separately) material that would go well with it. I guess I'm the first one to add borders to your center, Cher. Hmmmmm will give "a think" to see which one I will add!

Wow, that quilt is beautiful! Love that block with the dog too!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257034/

Raise my baby swap is open, come and join the fun! Bring your own Moonshine!

Moonshine? lol

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Here is one of the Dragons I need about 8 and the take a little more than 90min each.

Thumbnail by cheriffic

Very nice! This isn't one of the centers for the Round Robin is it?

Love that dragon!

I can't wait to see the completely project!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

lovely dragon

I'm going to have to re-think my center - not happy with the colours AND I found my Iron-On Transfer Pencil!!!!
Having a white on white lily didn't do much for me.....
Now that I have the Transfer Pencil, I can simply draw over any picture I print up, and re-do it a lot quicker. The disappearing ink I was using this time was disappearing too fast (large panel - 19" square) and I was having to re-draw it every day...... very tedious and I'm afraid I was stopping far too often as I was getting BORED.
I'm Very Happy about finding the proper pencil!! They didn't have them at WM, so I had "settled" for something else and you Know how that goes......... lol

I unpacked the camera and took these pictures of my finished center. I'll be able to mail it soon after arriving in NY. We've enjoying our time in KY.
Mittsy

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Mittsy!!!! love, love, love your center with those sweet corners!!!!!

Quilter55 / Barb posted:
"Cher - that is stunning!!! Will you be sending fabric with it?"

Here's a drawing of what my center is taken from - I've used a hot iron-on transfer pencil on this printed copy, and will be ironing it on my fabric.
Obviously it won't be Exactly like this, but it's a representation of what it will be. It will take a bit to embroider it, but at least it won't be "white on white" lol

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Susan, that is so pretty! Are you doing it by hand?

Yes, I am - I don't have an embroidery sewing machine.

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Susan I just love that I just love birds!!!!!! It is going to be soooooo pretty

No I am sorry to have confused this. The dragon is on the pianapple black, white and red quilt I am making for my son. The puppy is his new baby so I wanted to continue and make him one with the same colors and Rosie's picture. So the Puppy is the center block I will be sending. I hope to be able to send some fabric along with it yes, I have a little left from the pinapple quilt.
Cher

I also posted this for you, in the "other room" Cher :-)

I love birds too, and the "tropical" colours are favs of mine! They're so rich looking.
I think what I'll do, for the peacock, is to outline all the areas, then fabric paint inside each....
I have a lot of fabric paint, and nowhere else to use it, except for Church banners I make, and there's only so many banners I can do lol
My MIL used to use them a lot and when she passed, I was the lucky recipient of them. That was 10 years ago, and while most are still valid, I DO need to use them up!

I used to really like using fabric paint. I threw my out YEARS ago because they dried up. Hey, they don't last FOREVER!! hehehe

they doooooooooon't????? lol
Well, I check mine now and then, cuz I use 'em, and there are enough of the colours I want to be good. Some of them actually have different enough caps that they don't dry out as easily.

Anyone needing my addy, I have updated it in the exchange. It will be good until beginning of October 2012. Thanks for your patience.
Mittsy

Well Susan, remember, I got my first batch almost 50 years ago!! LOL and there were YEARS when I never used one!

Thank you, Mittsy!!

LOL well Pat - I know they don't last Forever but some of mine are 10 years old. However, if you use them now and them (and more then than now LOL) I gather they're ok. I bought about 7 today, then came home and found the same colours are still viable in my current ones, so going to return the new ones lol

I used to really enjoy painting with them. Made some beautiful projects.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.