Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Weather: May Flowers

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 131, Views: 780
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 1, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9105375

May is a lovely month with all they new blooms & promising veggies coming through the soil.
A little sun & rain will make a bumper crop.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9105425

Sounds like Heaven. ^_^

We have some rain last night. Haven't checked to see how much but everything got a good soaking and that's what counts.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 1, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9105761

First thunderstorm of the season currently happening , warm pleasant temps. 60's 70's . Should make everything grow nicely.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 1, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9105929

Kwanjin - what is that bloom?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 1, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9106218

It's a columbine that Kwanjin posted. I just don't know which one. lol. I have several myself. Great plants to have!!

Hot and humid. Was sunny most of the day, now cloudy.

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 1, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9106487

Columbine "Origami Red and White.' It's one of my favorites. Here is another...'Clementine Dark Purple'

73º here today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 2, 2012
3:44 AM

Post #9106743

81°/65°
Scattered thunderstorms, especially during the morning. A few storms may be severe. High 81F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%

Thanks for the thread Bernie,
I am so glad to finally be in May :o)

Celia,
I think the red columbine are my favorite color.
I have a red perennial called Red Hobitt and it reseeds true to color. But it barely reseeds. I still only have one plant. The yellow Swallowtail does to, and it really reseeds. I have some potted from last year for the free pile.

Pepper,
Pretty iris!! Love the color!

Celia,
You would love Ruby Port too!

A T-storm went thru south of us this morning, but the majority went north of us. The weather alert went off for the northern counties about 2:30 am.

Grandmother's Garden are random colors and pleated
Ruby Port may seed into a brighter but still gorgeous color
Oops, I think I got a corydalis in there :o)
Red Hobbit and Swallowtail

Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter
Click an image for an enlarged view.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 2, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9106836

About 1" of rain last night. The drought is over ?
Sunny this morning going for 75º. Is this heaven or what ?

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 2, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9107106

Oh please send rain this way...my well is even struggling. The days are very pleasant but the breezes, although nice, are drying everything out. My peppers are loving it though. No rain in the forecast until next weekend...ugh! Our only weather alert is fire weather watch.

Love all the beautiful flowers, the columbine are really nice, I've never seen that.

Desert Rose blooming real nice now, bumble bee on my Penta, Hawk last night perched above us in our oak while we were watching the sunset, those dark eyes.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9107146

Here's hoping you get the rain you need, SK!

I love almost all Columbines. I have an 'Origami Blue and White', too but it's blooming sporadically right now.

More rain last night. Another friend of mine reminded me of the song Camelot where is only rains at night. That's been us lately! ^_^

61º and sunny.

I got this little Blue Spruce from Lowe's last year on Arbor Day. It's happy as can be.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 2, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9107797

High 80s, humid and windy. Sunny too.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 2, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9107873

Rain off and on ,some sun ,80's .humid.60's for tonight
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 2, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9107901

Sun, high eighties, seventies at night. Rain chances went away...oh well. Guess I'll have to water again.

We are nearing the end of our projects at Mom's old house. Hope to call the Realtor Friday or Monday.

This has really drained my energy. I think I am down to a plus 1 on a scale of 1 to 10...Thank goodness we are almost done. Please keep us in your prayers.

Dearest sister and her bf have the flu, and he just got out of the hospital for a mild heart attack!

Hope everyone else is OK!

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2012
2:44 AM

Post #9108105

71°/80°/61°
Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%

It's a gorgeous morning. That one perfect temp after a long chilly spring. It's balmy. I see June bugs, a crane fly, a few sizes of moths and last night there was a very persistent and a very reluctent red admiral both determined. They must have flown all day barely, staying where they lit. I'm sure I saw a wren altho he's not singing yet and I did have a bluebird :o)

Bernie,
The words were already out of my mouth. Yes, it's Heaven!

Sherri,
I hope you get rain. I hate to hear about your well running dry :o(
If our town ever went to a water tower, they want to pump it from the river rather than our aquifiers. ICK!
Nice pictures! I love Penta, but it's an annual here.

Celia,
Awww! Don't you just love new pine buds?

Jeanne,
When you are all done, I hope you can take one day to just rest and sort out your thoughts.
I am so glad I got my flu shot! I've heard of it going around. Prayers for both to get well.

DH mowed for me yesterday. I'm still tired and fighting sinus. Not 100% like I hoped :o(

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 3, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9109050

Beautiful Hawaiian Weather is trying to return. A little cloudy to start with but when my wife and I drove down to Hilo this morning the sun came out, white puffy clouds and the Pacific Ocean was sparkling blue. A nice fresh trade wind to keep is cool. Got home midday after going decadent with a Klondyke Ice Cream and subway for lunch and dinner. Really feel like laid back retirees.
I wonder if Columbine will grow in Hawaii. I bet Home Depot has seed. We shall see.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 3, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9109152

April showers bring May flowers.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 3, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9109156

And.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 3, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9109167

A couple more.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 3, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9109259

Hot and humid. Cloudy off and on today. It looked like it would rain at times but it never did.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 3, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9109366

It was nice and hot here today, upper 80's with the same forecast for a few days, rained the past two days with more to come later this weekend. May is the wettest month of the year for us in central indiana. light winds and comfortable.

nice, nice, garden ,with the pics! countrygardens

kwanjin; Grandma got a bunch of trees for arbor day,and guess who gets to plant them wondering where they should go(lol)

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 3, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9109467

I spoke too soon. At about 2pm the breeze picked up and pushed in moderate rain showers and grey skies. Cloud was down in the tree tops at 4.30pm which is beautiful in its own way.

countrygardens - I love those green lawns and Irises.

This is one of our May flowers - I believe it is Mendenilla Grandiflora - might have the spelling wrong

Thumbnail by microb

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 4, 2012
3:34 AM

Post #9109705

63°/81°/57°
Isolated thunderstorms this morning. Skies will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Warm. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tornado warning last night but the worst of everything went under and over us. We didn't even get the wind.

Mike,
Your weather sounds like mine yesterday. It doesn't get any better than that!
Columbine likes poor rocky soil, but adapts.
What an elaborate, beautiful, complex bloom!

Bernie,
Just beautiful in full green dotted with color!
I remember you working on a couple of these beds last year. Love the line of Lilies and can't wait for the line of Iris!

Our ground temp as of yesterday was 58°. I took tomatoes and little cabbage out to start hardening off. The tomatoes got tall fast! The cabbage seem to burn under the lights so I am learning to get them into cooler air right away. Trouble is, they get so leggy first. I'm not sure I can sink them, altho the first ones I set out I did, and they lived. I was either going to save them or lose them, so had nothing to lose, LOL!

Yesterday I put in a couple hours of weeding on the outer edges of the South Peony. It was slow going as the dandelion digger had to be used for almost every weed. I also tried to just get the dandelions and chickweed. They were really spread out and when pulled made a lot of ''room,'' LOL!

Going out to DD's today. Since I haven't been out, she's getting behind and picking up the ''sick'' we are all almost done with.

Have a beautiful day all!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9110016

55º, partly cloudy, breezy. Thunder showers likely.

Columbine 'Origami Blue and White'

Thumbnail by kwanjin

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 4, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #9110633

80s and cloudy here, 5to 8 mph winds, nice day, and love the pics and flowers,brightens the place.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 4, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9110653

High 80s, humid and sunny. I got a load of garden soil and compost and started spreading it on my veggie bed on top of the cardboard. Not nearly enough but it's a start. Would have been better if I had remembered potting soil so I could get some more planters going. LOL

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 4, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9110835

We had a little rain this afternoon. Almost 4" in a short time.
This is our garden after the rain.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 5, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9111434

We have a hard freeze coming tonight. Seedlings that self sowed need protection so I'm going to get covers for them. Them and anything else that might need it.

51º now and cloudy.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 5, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9111573

I was hoping to be done with hearing that 'freeze' word, The weather temps. are sure reminding all that nature as wild as ever.

Near 80 and and cloudy today,rained bunches last night. no wind ,humid and comfortable.

blue flag and midnight

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 5, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #9111705

Well it finally made it to 90 today...each day looks like it might rain but then the seabreeze blows it away. Next week they say a better chance.

Bernie I love the green green green, bet those hostas fill in real nice...keep posting pictures, I love hostas but they hate our heat.

Mike what a stunning bloom, I bet Hawaii has some unique flowers.

Jeanne, hope things get going with your mom's house. Sorry to hear about the sickness and a heart attack...yikes.

Billy glad the tornado missed you. I'm still getting tomatoes but the the heat and dry temps are taking a toll on them, don't know how much longer they're going to produce. The cherry tomatoes have slowed down considerably, but still getting blossoms.

kwanjin, seems like we shouldn't be hearing hard freezes anymore, this has been one crazy weather roller coaster this season. Hope you plants fare well and the freeze is short lived.

Juhur your weather sound pretty much perfect to me.

Well hopefully next time I check in I can shout, WE GOT RAIN! :) Have a great week everyone.
I think my cat is telling me I get on the computer too much...lol.

-Sherri

Thumbnail by sunkissed

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 5, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9111855

No change in weather really.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 5, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9111879

I wish the weather would make up its mind what to do. Light rain all morning and now nice blue sky and fluffy white clouds and HOT, only about 80f but humid after the rain. The ground is like walking on a wet sponge. Can't really do anything except walk around and enjoy the fruits of past labor.
Will probably put a potted Fuchsia into a hanging basket to make some outside bench room for the Fuchsia cutting that came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. They look like they are over travel shock and could do with some cool rain and sunshine.

Love that cat Sherri and that fruit bowl looks better than what we can get in Hawaii.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 6, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9113057

Storms this morning, lunchtime, and now the last couple hours or so. Tornados forming then falling apart before doing any damage. Hail is very damaging in these storms tonight. A guy my dad does work for already has called with damage at his place. There was also a tornado about 1-2 miles south of him earlier.

Very active night!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

May 7, 2012
12:30 AM

Post #9113472

Thunderstorms 63° RealFeel® 55°

Got lightnings hit alot and raining so there is Flash Flood warning...

JuJu is not afraid of lightning! Good Girl! lol...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 7, 2012
3:34 AM

Post #9113564

61°/72°/48°
Showers early with some clearing for the afternoon. Thunder is possible early. High 72F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Celia,
Love blue columbine! Love the blue ''honey wells."

Ju,
Finally good weather!
Beautiful iris!

Pepper,
Dirt doesn't go very far does it?

Bernie,
A little rain? LOL!
Your gardens look great! Hopefully the rain soaked in right away.

Sherri,
It's so depressing whan the rain dries up or blows in another direction. I sure hope you get some soon.
Grinning, that's exactly what your cat is saying! Isn't he pretty!

Mike,
Too much rain is no fun either.

Pepper,
We've been lucky to not be in the path of any tornado or hail.

Ju,
Laughing, good girl indeed!

Yesterday I mowed and dug a few things for the free pile. I need to get that started. My iris are in full swing with a lot not opened yet. I sniff them every day :o)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 7, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9114065

We missed the hard freeze! Yea!

51º and sunny. It feels like 70º out there. ^_^

I love all the pics and stories!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 7, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9114642

Sunny and cooler with temps in the high 70s. Had some rain this morning but it finally went away.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2012
2:27 AM

Post #9115146

It was raining yesterday morning at this time it is raining this morning also.Had some thunder and lightning yesterday afternoon for a while. Rain ,rain and more rain, I'll miss it later this summer,isn't that always way.Everything is rather a wet mucky, messy.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 8, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9115986

Weather is settling down to a normal spring/summer pattern. Light showers and cloud over night. Early morning sun burns off the cloud so by 10am it nice blue sky and white fluffy clouds with a breeze. By afternoon its hot. Then by 5pm cloud builds back and showers start again to repeat the pattern. Quite pleasant and predictable. Everything grows like crazy.
Over 80 buds on the Orchid cactus plants. Should be quite a show in a few weeks. Might have four night bloomers come out this week.
When I try and attach more than two photos my computer times out the "send" process and I have to start from scratch. Lets just try two this time
One is a torch ginger and the other a garden shot.

Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9116324

A perfect day really. High 70s, sunny and not much of a breeze.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 8, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9116399

Thunder and lightning like crazy around midnight, but not much rain, if any. It's been cloudy all day, a great day just to rest. Supposed to rain tomorrow. We sure could use it. Then it is supposed to cool down again...yea!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 8, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9116516

Sunny, sunny, sunny! 75º was our high.67º now.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 9, 2012
3:26 AM

Post #9116747

Mike,
So nice to see some of your yard. You do have some back water don't you, but that's just opportunity, unless it breeds mosquitos.

Yesterday was the first day I had any energy and I stayed out till 5:30 weeding in all the beds. I'm no where near done, but got the worst in all of them. I potted up plants and set up the free pile. A few pots are missing already.

I think my Claire de Lune is going to do better this year with the walnut tree shade gone. It would tolerate shade, but not thrive in it. I've been threading the vines up as they grow. They are such tender things and I have to careful to not squeeze or break them.

My iris look better in person and many smell of licorace :o)
I saw a hummingbird yesterday and have the columbine to feed it :o)

A long view of my front yard thru the grapes, North to South :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 9, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #9117686

Cloudy , sunny off and on, rain off and on.Everythings growing and enjoying. 60's to 40's for temps.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 10, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9118120

44°/71°/49°
Sunny. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Ju,
It sounds like perfect weather! Even tho it's chilly during the day, it's perfect for working outside!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 10, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9118696

Well we finally had a few nice rain storms, so happy and the garden already looks better. A few dry days since this is supposedly a cool front, but still upper 80's. Hopefully will stay this nice through the weekend, I'm having a BBQ here for a combination mother's day and my Pop's 80th birthday!

Billy and Mike so nice to see your garden photos, I would like to come and walk through both of them and sit for a spell.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 10, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9118770

Yes it's great for yard and garden work and the weather the same today give or take 1 or 2 degrees.

If I was taking a vacation this one would be grill and birthday crashing.(How Rude).

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 10, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9118903

Another great day. Rain stopped at about 6.30am after overnight showers. Cloudy til about midday and then sunny periods. Winds are getting lighter. Should lose the trade winds altogether by the weekend.

The first pic is my outside plant bench. 20 x 6ft made of 4 inch nursery grade wire mesh. Four inch pot just sits pretty. The mesh allows me to put up a structure for hanging baskets along the back using 3 inch PVC pipe. Just slip the legs through the mesh and tie with zip ties. No rot or rust with PVC.

Second pic is a garden shot across two 18ft wide circular ponds and across the driveway.

If anyone is vacationing in Hawaii let us know. Be happy to host a tour of the Big Island.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 10, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9119116

Sunny and in low 70s.

Took advantage of the weather yesterday with a friend and went bike riding. Rode a trail and did a little over 5 miles. First time either one of us has been on a bike in years!! A little wobbly but not bad considering. lol

Now I need to get a couple roses planted and get caught up on weeds. I have one area that is waist high and another that is just plain stubbon and I just want to rip it out. I planted daylilies hoping they would spread and cut out the weeds on their own. No such luck here!! lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 10, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9119239

Very lush, Mike

70º today. Nice but windy. It's calmed down now.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 11, 2012
3:09 AM

Post #9119420

52°/80°/54°
Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. Warm. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph

Sherri,
A BBQ sounds delicious. Happy Birthday to your Dad. Mine will be 82 on the 30th.

Ju,
ROTFL! But I like youir idea!

Mike,
I was watching a show on the Pacific last night, on how volcanos made the land. They had great shots of the underwater volcano that tries to make an island, but the waves keep taking it away. It literally explodes under the surface. It also showed the highways being reclaimed by lava. Then they showed how plants grow in lava. They send down 20' long roots to gather moisture in lava tubes. It's amazing, this world.

I love your plant stand!!
Wow! Love the ponds too!
How cold do you get, for ''winter?''

Pepper, are those muscles screaming today? I still ride my bike every year. So does my Dad. He rides it up here, rather than get the car out.

Celia,
We get the wind back today, but at least it will be a warm wind! Trouble is, dirt will be flying with it so my nice clean house will fill up if I open windows. Guess that's what you get, living in a farming State :o)

I think I need to mow. Hang clothes for sure, and hopefully pot up more plants for the free pile. I've already walked around making notes of changes I want to make with the iris. The Pallidas, that smell like purple koolaid are really nice in a big area. I'm going to line the back of the South Peony with them. It should be a wonderful scented walk next year!

Everyone have a great day!
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 11, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9120388

Rain as promised! And it has cooled off some! It is soooooo nice out!

Great day for rest and to runs some errands!

Dear Son's birthday is tomorrow so we will be eating out at our favorite BarBQue, Kings, here in town.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother's out there!

Jeanne

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 11, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9120392

No wind today so day started off partly cloudy and clouds just sort of gathered over the island and then let loose well scattered showers. Nice 70f.

Billy - what do you mean by back water. We are on the side of a mountain. Our property has three 6 ft wide by 6ft deep stream beds that are dry 90% of the year. They only flow during and just after heavy rain or long periods of rain. We have small areas of wetland in the forest but no open standing water. Everything drains really quickly through the volcanic soil. Streams have been carved through the soil, down to the last lava flow hundreds of years ago. The stream bed is solid rock so we have about 6 ft of soil to work with. 3/4 of a mile from us they have no soil, just lava rock to build and garden on. The lava flowed over that area less than 100 years ago. Over there they need to truck in soil and use jack hammers to put in fence posts. Trees and brush have returned to that area so it is forested but only a few inches of loam from leaves and rotting vegetation. Closer to the coast where the lava flowed in the1980s folks are starting to build homes on pure lava. Looks like a black concrete ploughed field. That land is cheap and the current lava flow is less than three miles away and a threat to their new homes. No power, no water but cheap.

Lowest temp we have experienced in last 20 years is 48f. Winter nights get down to mid 50s. Some winter days can stay as low as low 60s. Very few mosquitos, no snakes, no poison ivy, no poisonous spiders, no lions or tigers, very few bird species, no squirrels, no deer, no foxes, no monkeys. Very safe benign environment.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9120445

Hot, humid and sunny.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9121521

Warm and 70'S, 50's tonight same forcast for tomorrow light cool breeze.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2012
2:50 AM

Post #9121729

56°/73°/47°
Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 73F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Jeanne,
So glad you got rain. Rain just makes it all better doesn't it?

Mike,
Around here, any water that stays in a spot after overflow from a river or a heavy rain, we call backwater.

backwater [ˈbækˌwɔːtə] n

1. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography)
A body of stagnant water connected to a river

2. water held or driven back, as by a dam, flood, or tide

3. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) an isolated, backward, or intellectually stagnant place or condition
vb back water
You live in a very interesting place and 6' of soil over the rock is fantastic! I didn't realize it could build up so deep. No way would I ever build 3 miles from a lava flow.
You have plusses and minuses. I love the many many birds we have, but hate the mosquuitos, gnats and flies! And so glad to only have to worry about mountain lions in the woods. There aren't many of those, but they are here.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9122542

Low 70s and sunny for a high today. Very nice!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's on this thread!!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 13, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9122616

Overcast, calm and dry. 70f Nice gardening weather.

This is our night blooming Epi. The stem (last years growth) is about 6 feet long from the parent. Another shoot this year is even longer.

Thumbnail by microb

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 16, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9125634

55°/73°/47°
Abundant sunshine. High 73F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

On the 13th, I haven't smoked for 16 years!!

Mike,
Epi is beautiful! Is it scented?

I planted 30 hills of potatoes yesterday with DH's help. I dug a small hole and he loosened up the dirt to make room for tham to spread. I have all the tomatoes and peppers out now and need to put in green beans. I ran out of time last night.

I divided a couple hosta and we delivered them to the girl that wanted them. They own the meat locker in the next town and I knew he raised bees, then I found he sells the raw honey at the shop!! I'm sooo happy! I just finished an old jar of Souix Bee and said no more. It didn't even taste good, but I needed to make honey butter for cornbread :o)

I decided to move the compost pile to surround the brick fireplace DH built, to burn papers with our name on them. It was wasted space and the area the pile is in now, will be rich for planting next year!

I'm also watering for my neighbor the next two weeks and we have one grandson over the weekend.

Busy busy!

Have a nice day with the outdoors!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 16, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9125685

Congrad's on not smoking. I will have 30 years on August 13th.
Sunny & warm today.

We are going to set out watermelons & muskmelons.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 16, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9126274

Well we are getting rain and rain and rain...finally. Today all day long. But we need it so bad..the rivers we kayak in are too dry and you can walk in them.

Billy congrats...I don't know what day I threw my pack of cigs out my car window, but it was before my second son was conceived and he is going to be 25 this summer...best thing I ever did in my life. Too bad my DH still smokes. Sounds like you are one busy busy person, enjoy the grandson. Oh and Happy birthday to your Pop...nice to know you still have him around also.

Mike I wish I was taking a vaca in Hawaii, thought you were going to offer a stay at your place...lol. Enjoy seeing your photos of all your lush garden growth.

Jeanne hope your son had a great birthday. My youngest will be 21 next month...he was born the first day of summer.

Pepper nice to get out on a bike ride...I do more bike riding than walking once temps get up high, much cooler way to exercise.

Well it has been raining all day long and I'm kind of bored...guess I'll go walk around the garden with my umbrella...not used to all day rain. :)

Sherri
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 16, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9126494

Highs around 80 today though it felt hotter. Sunny and dry. We aren't under red flag warnings yet but if it doesn't rain this weekend we probably will be.

I need to get out and take pics of the garden again. Only problem is trying to it when the light isn't harsh. I'm usually not home at that time. lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 16, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9126636

I have to get up very early or remember to go out as the sun is setting.

90º today, as was yesterday. We might get some thunderbumpers but no rain.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 16, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9126685

Two really hot clear days, no wind, temp in the shade near 80f. Tradewinds returned today and brought light showers and cooler temps.

Billy - Yes the night Epi is fragrant. The six blooms have come and gone. Hoping for more later in the year. Now we are starting the day bloomers

Sherri - my wife and I discussed lodging for gardeners and while we have a guest suite and the idea is fun but we don't now how to be selective, keep some nice folks happy and not offend others.

Thumbnail by microb

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 16, 2012
10:51 PM

Post #9126769

Beautiful weather with an occasionsal rain. Daylilies and rose of sharon are in bloom.

We've had an emergency. My sister is in ICU, is septic, and just went from hour to hour to day to day. She was on a ventilator but is now breathing on her own. She had kidney stones that blocked a duct and the infection got in her blood stream. We are not out of the woods yet. Please pray. Spending most of the time at the hospital...again.

It was exactly one year ago on Mother's Day that we took my Mom in last year and she passed away June 13th.

Thanks for your prayers!

Jeanne

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9127086

Gentle hugs and thoughts coming your way...

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2012
2:57 PM

Post #9127528

Texagal77 A short while ago my own Mother was I'll,while she is still recovering. My sympathetic share of concern and my prayers to both you and your sister.

Weather been nice here for three days,70's and 80's day with 50's at night. I'll take more.

All making for busy times.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 17, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9127669

Nice with temps in the low 80s. Sunny with a slight breeze.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 17, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9127738

Soil is changing owners today. 25 to 50 MPH winds all day. Dust is still flying. 85º.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 17, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9127821

Changing owners...snicker, snicker, snort...
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 17, 2012
8:47 PM

Post #9127903

Thanks for your prayers! It was an absolutely gorgeous day! More daylilies in bloom. After I went to the hospital I came home and enjoyed the beautiful garden. I am so thankful we had a mild winter. Everything is so beautiful!

Things are about the same today with my sister. Her blood pressure was up, but went from one extreme to the other from low to high. Her her heart rate at rest was 101 at times. She was very agitated, and just could not get comfortable. She is starting to get fiesty, so that is a good sign. Please pray the antibiotics will lick that infection! We pretty much need a miracle.

Thanks for the hugs and prayers!

Jeanne

Jeanne

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 18, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9128176

Jeanne, I'm so sorry about your sister...how terrible...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a recovery. Keep us posted how she is doing. ((((hugs))))

Sherri

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 18, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9128478

Prayers for your sister, Jeanne!
Love all your pics, such beautiful flowers!
We've had rain all this week and still going to rain on week-end, but it's good because we had such a terrible drought sine spring started. Temps are good 70F.
My garden is full of daisies this year! And one picture with Nicholas and the doggies!LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9128713

Another hot one, mid 80's with a heat index in sunshine still climbing. Could use some rain although the plants are looking ok; with the way it is.

I have a 2 foot watermelon vine and a tomato plant the same, so a couple of my way to early starts worked well.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9128932

High 80s and sunny. Strong breeze made driving a pain but otherwise just a normal (for this year) day.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 19, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9129990

80's today ;the last heat index reading at 5 pm was 96 degrees. That about say's it all
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9130147

Weather here is absolutely gorgeous...not too hot, breezy, and sunny...no rain expected all week, so I guess I will have to water sometime this week.

Juhur7 I hope your Mom is doing well, and will keep her in our prayers as well!

Thanks for your prayers! Praise the Lord my sister is out of ICU and is now in a room on a regular care floor. They do think she may have to go thru rehab before going home...We'll see.

Her infection is not totally gone, but she is no longer septic, so we have made tremendous progress!

We are so very thankful for your and everyone's prayers for all of us! I am making it...my only focus has to be her at the moment.

We are getting alot of hits online to see Mom's old house, so hopefully one of them will pay off.

Hugs to all!

Jeanne

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 20, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9130375

½" rain last evening & overnight. Wonderful!
High 50's today, more rain coming, maybe.
Crops look great here.
Plan on setting out more cole crops this week.

Sold a ton of tomato plants yesterday at Farmers Market.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 20, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9131022

High 70s and blustery today. Sun was out but it took awhile for it to warm up.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 20, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9131083

88 for T v. weather high temp today, it is plenty hot and sunny here.We are suppose to have some rain tonight and tomorrow, I hope so . Cloudy forecast for tomorrow with that chance of rain.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 20, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9131089

Typical trade wind weather. showers at night, clearing in the morning and then sunny and hot in the afternoon with some cloud cover. No change expected for the next week or so.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 20, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9131221

Another gorgeous day in Texas! Pretty much the same, sunny, breezy, no rain.

We had a setback. The hospital called this morning early and said my sister's status had changed in the night, they were not ruling out a stroke and she was being moved back to ICU.

Her speech has been severely affected, I can hardly understand a word she says. Her left side of her face twitches, and her left hand trembles. Whatever the episode is, it has happened about six times during the course of the day. Fortunately she is right handed and can write notes. She is very upset that she cannot speak. I have assurred her that everything is going to be alright.

The CAT scan showed no bleeding. They were supposed to do an MRI but still had not come to get her at eight pm.

She has a swallowing test tomorrow. We are back to day to day.

One DR thinks it may be a reaction to medication and that it will just go away...which would be wonderful.

Please continue to pray!

Thanks so very much!
Jeanne

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2012
9:44 PM

Post #9131362

Still have her in our thoughts here. Good luck to all of you!

85º ans sunny until just before the eclipse. Then, the clouds parted enoug to get some pics.

Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

May 21, 2012
2:22 AM

Post #9131423

I took this pictures yesterday and tomorrow is 1 yrs after May 22 Tornado hit Joplin, MO

"Spirit Tree" (got painting last week)...
And Human Spirit...

This message was edited May 21, 2012 7:32 AM

Thumbnail by JuJu55   Thumbnail by JuJu55   Thumbnail by JuJu55

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 21, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9131673

Those are great! Thanks, JuJu.

Not quite sure of the high today, I think 85º or higher. Beautiful and sunny.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9131999

Cloudy; hazy; and humid. No rain so far still looking as though it is going to happen.Hope so, could use some.Temp, something near 80 for today.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9132570

Highs in the high 70s and sunny. Had a nice breeze going too. We start warming up after this. Later next week we will even be in the 90s. Ugh.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 22, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9133972

Breezy, sunny and drier, temp climbing towards 80+f today.

One pic of our driveway from the road and although we can't grow those gorgeous Iris' we do pretty good with the Epis. This is our front porch (house is elevated) with the Epi buds and blooms just starting to show.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 22, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9134025

Seventies, comfortable, still no rain, none expected. Looking to be rather dry this year. 50's tonight.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 22, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9134152

Hot with temps well into the 80s today. Only gonna get worse with temps supposed to be hitting the low 90s sometime this week.

As soon as I can catch plants without the harsh sun on them I will take more pics. Having hard time finding nice light for some of them.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9134665

57°/84°/62°
Windy with sunshine. Warm. Winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph.

Wow, A huge CONGRATS to you guys too!!

Oh Jeanne,
I hope sister is better by now. It's never a good anniversary and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry to not comment on all. I'm running out of time.

It's been busy here and I've been gone more than home, or outside more than in. Today, it's back out to Sara's to help her. When I get home it will be time for dinner and I need to mow after. We have had no rain so the serious watering has started. The astilbes are getting fried so I watered them twice yesterday. Most of the tags got raked out last fall with the walnut tree debris so I need to get out my chart, tag them and move the best to a shady spot. Which I weeded, and pottted extra columbine for the free pile. As soon as I add to the free pile someone stops, LOL! I can't keep up :o)

DH made me a new compost bin so I've moved what hasn't broken down to it and ain the process of spreading the good on the flower beds.

No new pictures till it's trimmed a little better, but... Oh yes I did. 8'' gone. I noticed the other day after I washed it, the ends were really dry, as it dried. So I decided to whack it off while it still looked pretty good to save :o)

Thank you ''Dave's Garden'' for letting us post 5 pictures :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9134819

Pretty much into our typical summer weather pattern now, gets up to low 90's and every few days a good thunderstorm giving us much needed water. Our well sounds better now...thank goodness. Nice thing about the thunderstorms is they can cool us down instantly to mid seventies. :)

Adina your flowers are so lovely, of course lil' Nick is so darn cute. Glad to see green and not white snow there.

Jeanne so sorry about the set back with your sister. My mother-in-law had something like that happen when she was in the hospital and they first thought a stroke but later it all went away and they did determine is was a side effect from medication...hoping that is the case with your sis.

CG...I wish I could buy some of your tomatoes...getting way too hot here and mine our about done for the season.

Mike love th orchid cactus, so pretty.

kwanjin what great shots of the eclipse..thanks for sharing those.

Billy wow, your hair is so long, it is time to cut my ends also, but I hate to in the summer because I love to braid it back and out of my way.

Ju and Billy hope you both get that much needed rain. Ju that spirit tree touches the heart, hard to believe that was already a year ago.

Some of my May garden shots...

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
4:59 PM

Post #9135724

Hot with temps in the 90s for our high. Even now it's around 87 degrees. The upside is we have a very small chance of rain tomorrow and a bigger chance on Monday.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9135777

That sound's really familiar, high 80's with 90's for the next five days. The breeze feels gooood when it is like it is. Maybe for the rain only I'm doubting that happens.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 24, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9136248

Well, we are in another monsoon. Creek is out of it's banks again. Haven't checked the rain gauge yet, raining to hard to out there. Computer says 2 to 4 inches.
60's for temps today, rain all day.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

May 24, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9136301

I took more pix today and it make me so sad...

161 dead list names...

"Never give up" on the post light...

This message was edited May 24, 2012 7:54 AM

Thumbnail by JuJu55   Thumbnail by JuJu55

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

May 24, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9136521

Hope everyone is doing well... I have a virus that just won't give up! Though I don't give up on my gardening as it's now too hot & humid! This is still way to early for temps in the 90's!!! I am constantly checking the plants & veggies so they don't dry out, but one of my tomato plants is not doing well!!
It's windy today, so I am hoping rain is coming soon!!!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 24, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9137010

Same tradewind weather pattern with a twist yesterday. High pressure to the north strengthened and raised our trade winds to 15-30 miles per hour which means some areas on down hill leeward slopes get winds 50 mph. An upper level low passed over our island yesterday and allowed clouds to build in height and the rain became moderate to heavy. One grey wet day.

Today that upper level low has drifted to the West allowing the weather to return to normal and giving us a great day. Some other islands are getting the strong winds.

Nothing new with the volcano. A lava flow is edging closer to the ocean so in a few days or weeks we may get some more spectacular news footage of hot lava hitting the ocean.

Weather forecasters are reminding usl about the start of the Hurricane season next month. Telling us we may get 2 - 4 systems enter the central pacific area this season. But as they say - It only takes one! Its 20 years since Iniki hit Kauai.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9137165

Hot and a bit humid still. Rain up north but none here. We need it bad though!!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9137349

Well pepper23; the weather here sounds just like yours, I don't think an exact copy was what I was looking for.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9137459

Only 63º at our house today. Partly cloudy and nice.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 25, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9137701

Heavy rain here, floods in some parts of the country and still danger of floods . We have water in our basement...arrrggghhh! Happy Dance today no rain!!!! You can see the Dyson dark we've been having all week...my DD and Nicholas playing in our yard.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 25, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9137758

All the replanted areas of the farmers' fields are now under water. Some not flooded before are now because of wider area of heavy rain. Some areas received up to 6" in this round.
Sunny today, 65º.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9138453

WOW!!! bad weather from so many, you all stay well.

Drizzle being squeezed out of the heat , cloudy for hours then sunny , hot about 90,light breeze from one to eight mph maybe.Humidity is enough to smother ya in damp.
Melons and more flowers coming up the past few days,A tomato plant in bloom and most everything in the garden is doing well

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9138688

Storms rolled thru last night and again this morning. Finally ended just before 10am. Then the sun came out and heated things up big time!! Well into the 90s today with high humidity. Supposed to be hot all weekend with rain chance on Memorial Day.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 25, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9138701

Same again today, showers last night, quite a bit of water laying around this morning but cloud burned off and now its gentle breezes, blue sky and Hot. Just topped off at 81F. makes me feel so lucky when I read your updates and see how the mainland is heating up and its only end of May

I don't tweet or text so over the last few months of enjoying this thread I have been guessing at things like DH, DD, LOL.

Now I know LOL is Lots of Laughs - will at least I think its not Lots of Lupins. Is DH Dear Husband or Dumb Husband. Is there a glossary of terms somewhere. Do gardeners have different meanings to these letters than say automotive repair guys or sports people. Can be most confusing.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 25, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9138706

DH is usually Dear Husband
DW is usually Dear Wife
LOL is Laugh out Loud
ROTFL is Rolling on the Floor Laughing
DD is usually Dear Daughter
DS is usually Dear Son

Hope that helps!! It can get confusing. :~)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 26, 2012
12:06 AM

Post #9138950

Bernie, I hope you and the other gardeners won't have any damge from flooding. We're having the same flooding here in Romania and so much rain too.
Mike, LOL! Pepper cleared it all up for you!

It rained again last night, but we didn'thave any more flooding into our basement. Yesterday I took out a few buckets of water and that was all. I think it floods when the wind blows hard, so last night when it rained without wind no water got inside. Thak God for that!
But in Bucharest and other parts they had floods because of so much rain in only one hour. The sewer was overwhelmed!
Today is cloudy but calm, no wind , 65F. Hopefully no more heavy rain.
This is from last night before it started to rain, clouds coming from the mountains. And few with Nicholas in the garden. Water on the filed after the rain and last is with the so-called basement which is outside the house.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 26, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9139583

A little less sunny today but still a great day for gardening.

Thank you Pepper for clearing up confusion

Adina - enjoying your pics. Who could imagine that those winter photos could change into the great Spring and Summer scenes. Mother Earth can be a cruel and beautiful place anywhere at any time.

I swore never to get caught walking my wife Pekingese.

A potential prince on a lily pad.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 26, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9139595

Rain again, only 1" but in very short time. Flooding in fields. It's a mess.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9139606

Very hot and humid. Mostly sunny today though now it's cloudy.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9139623

It's hot here, sunny about 90's ,light breeze of a couple mph. Rained last night about 6pm, it was needed here.

Sorry to about ya'all having flooding problems. Have had a few in the past recent years myself,not much fun at all!!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 28, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9141407

Happy Memorial Day to my weather friends...we are having a mini tropical storm, Beryl is its name, every news caster says the name different. Warnings on the coast, we are inland 26 miles and so not bad here, just breezy and bringing a band of rain, then sunny again. Sure is muggy out. Should all clear out by grilling time.

Adina those are some beautiful flowers you have growing.

Mike your dogs are adorable...I'm a big dog type person...but do find the little ones awfully cute. I see you have your wading boots on.

CG...I'm sorry you're getting so much rain...I hope it takes a break so your fields can drain.

I've had such a bad sinus cold thanks to my DS (in this case, Dang Son)...but today feel much better...a cold in the summer stinks! I've got to get better, busy week this week with graduations and a book sale, and then next weekend me and the DH (darling husband for now) are taking off for our 30th wedding anniversary. ☺

This message was edited May 28, 2012 7:17 AM

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 28, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9141522

Only 1 4/10ths last night. No flooding here but it added size to ponds in farmers' fields. Lot of crop loss.
Sunshine this morning. Weather liar finally said we are no longer in a drought situation. 12" of rain for month of May!
Actually they couldn't miss this month, just forecast rain everyday, good chance you would be right.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 28, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9141813

Still hot 90's, sunny, rain forecast for here. For many around the great lakes states that's baaaahhhhhhd, for us here that's goooooood!! . A little windy about 8 mph, boosting up every so often.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 28, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9142321

No change in weather here. Same today as yesterday. lol

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

May 28, 2012
11:02 PM

Post #9142630

Just another beautiful day in Hawaii. A little breezy and one or two showers but no complaints.

Sherri - THEY ARE NOT MY DOGS. Those are not waders :) Believe it or not that is our daily outside foot wear for our garden, even my DW has a pair. We keep one pair at the bottom of the steps from the front door and another pair at the back door- remember being from England we call them "wellington boots". They get a bit hot in the summer but with more days wet than dry under foot they work well. Of course I don't wear them to the office!

This is more my size. Our Andy goes about 150 lbs.

Shredded white Angel Trumpets

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9143094

I love Wellies. I have a pair myself.

Beautiful out. Sunny, 66º, breezy.

We've been fostering a Pit Bull female we found running in traffic. Hopefully, her owners can be found quickly. When we found her, she had no collar, to tags and no chip.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 29, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9143812

Still hot and humid here, its only 81 or 82 degrees and feels like ninety with all the humidity after last nights rainshowers. Breezes might go 1maybe 2 mph.Sunny this afternoon .
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 29, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9143942

The weather liars said we only reached 83 or so but it feels like high 90s to me.

Asiatic lily blooming for me. I just love this color!! I planted it last year but don't remember what it's name is. If I knew I'd order more!!

Thumbnail by pepper23   Thumbnail by pepper23

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 30, 2012
3:35 AM

Post #9144389

76 this morning...whew, that is about the warmest is has been before the sunrise this season...so guess it is officially summer here. Tropical storm Beyrl is moving up and off the coast and he did give Florida much needed rain, in fact just north of us had flood warnings yesterday. But hopefully the wild fires have all been put out.

Now Mike that is a Dog! I no longer have my Mitzi, she was with us thirteen years and has been gone now for 2 1/2, some days I think about getting another, but we do so much traveling and I have to admit my garden sure looks wonderful now with out all the dog runs in it.

kwanjin, Put up some posters in the area, that is how we found the owners of a dog that showed up at our house once, also our paper doesn't charge a fee for found dogs...and there is Craigslist for free to put a notice. Poor doggie, hopefully she finds her owners again.

Pepper was a beautiful lily!

My dog Mitizi, she was the best and I still miss her terribly:

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9144825

Oh, I love Shephards. So regal looking.

80º for the high today.

The owners of the pup have been found and she was returned to them. They told us she climbed a chainlink fence early Saturday and she had gotten about 10 blocks from home when we found her.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 30, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9145338

Storms rolled thru overnight and will roll thru overnight tonight again. Otherwise sunny and cooler with temps in the high 70s.

Coneflowers opening up.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9145438

Adina,
I love that picture of the kids!

Mike,
Same here. It took me a while to get the abreviations too. IMHO threw me. ''In my humble opinion.''
Good to ''see'' you and love the dogs!
Andy is a big handsome guy! What kind is he, or is he a mix?

Sherri,
It took me a month to get over the colds the ''danged'' grandkids gave me. I hope you feel better soon!
Happy Anniversary!

Pepper,
Royal Sunset? I find mine, tho planted deep, surfaced and the bulbs grow half out of the ground. All thru the winter. They are beautiful this year, just starting to bloom.

Sherri,
German Shepards are my favorite! Mine was named Missy, when I was four. What an awesome dog Mitzi was. I'd miss her too.

We had rain too. 5/10's of an inch and I'll take it! We need much more tho.

Royal Sunset with the bulb out of the ground and blooming last year.

Missy adopted us, but bit someone walking by one day. We had to shut her up in the chicken house for 2 weeks to see if she was rabid and my parents decided it was better to put her down. I still mourn my dog. My little sister and I on the steps.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 31, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9145850

Another rainy evening. Haven't swam out to the gauge to check how much.
We did get some plants in the ground yesterday. Most of the hot peppers.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9145951

50°/59°/44°
Rain early... then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 59F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch.

I woke up to rain and we already have 6/10''. That's on top of the half inch we got Monday.

Bernie,
We are looking at a hot dry summer. I wouldn't mind a swin to the rain guage once in a while. I hope your plants don't drown out.

Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 31, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9146049

We have had absolutely great weather. It is supposed to rain today. We need it. It has been in the low 90's, so it will help cool it off some, plus give the plants a drink of water.

My sister is now in rehab. You can read the details over on the prayer forum.

We have an offer on Mom's house. Please pray it passes inspection. If so we will close at the end of the month.

I am trying to get some rest.

Take care everyone!

Jeanne

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 31, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9146061

Rain gauge was 6 tenths today. Total for May, 12.6".

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

May 31, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9146650

Hot and sunny earlier today,raining since 5;oclock ,temperture dropped to cool and comfortable.Nights in the fifties days upper sixties to low and mid seventies forecast for the week.Nice and seasonal.
Coneflowers just opening here also, daylillies too!

Thumbnail by juhur7

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 31, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9146866

Highs in the low 70s, mostly cloudy with some sprinkles here and there. A bit chilly after dealing with 90s for so long!! But not complaining. Only complaint is no rain with this cool front. We need it bad.

Pow Wow White Coneflower and Summer Pastels yarrow

Thumbnail by pepper23

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

June 1, 2012
4:28 AM

Post #9147258

Here's right now:

Sunny 47° RealFeel® 43°

Ahhh, it's feel cooler today and later on will be around 67...

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 1, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #9147282

75°/84° Cloudy, lots of rain bands to the north and south of us, I'm going to try and sneak in a walk before they make it here. Muggy as all get out!

Billy love the photos of your GS dog. And you were cute as can be at four.

Good luck TexGal on your mother's house.

Crimson Passiflora blossom, Mandevilla vine flowers

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 1, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9147552

New thread for June.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1262500/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America