Cool use for old dresser

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I found this in an antique store and fell in love with it. Love the idea. They called it a potting bench but I would use it for sewing, hanging my scissors, cutters and tools on the chicken wire.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

What a beautiful way to keep things handy.

Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

Now that's recycling! It looks like it started as a dresser or vanity, then the mirror got broken so some imaginative person put chicken wire in and used it outside, and now you have found yet another life for it! A great idea, too!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's the old dresser I turned into a potting bench on my back porch.

Thumbnail by frogymon
Dolan Springs, AZ(Zone 9a)

That's cool! And handy for keeping things out of sight, but handy!

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

Okay, I'd love to have a darling potting bench....something from an antique dresser wound suite me just fine. However, even though we in California do not get that much rain, how do you protect your wood furniture from the outside elements to keep it from rotting, falling apart and such?? Do you coat with tons of sealer, varnish, or what? I have in my time, thoroughly ruined a rattan 3 drawer little dresser that I kept my gardening stuff in, a wood coffee table that I had between two chairs, even my wood birdhouses attached to my wooden fence are looking pretty shabby, and I don't mean the cute kind of shabby.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine is painted with oil paint and is under a covered porch, so it stays dry but does get afternoon sun.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Reminds me of one of the houses I visited on a garden tour last year...it was a trash to treasure wonderland!

This message was edited May 8, 2012 9:43 PM

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Brillion, WI

flowAjen, those are fantastic. Was this in the south? I would love to do something like that but winter snow would ruin it so fast. I need my own garage.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

No here in NJ

Brillion, WI

What do you do in the winter to protect such things like the dresser?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Outdoor clear coat, over by the stains and such at your hardware store

Brillion, WI

I know the perfect spot! I'll just kick hubby's grill to the curb LOL

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.