Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Alstroemeria: Exotic Peruvian lilies make themselves at home in your garden: Alstroemeria in my north Florida garden.

Communities > Forums > Article: Alstroemeria: Exotic Peruvian lilies make themselves at home in your garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Alstroemeria: Exotic Peruvian lilies make themselves at home in your gardenReplies: 1, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 2, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9107515

I had forgotten I planted this Alstroemeria until it popped into flower amongst my Hydrangea bushes. I do find they need some relief from afternoon sun in our hot humid climate, but they make a very welcome addition to the garden.

One Alstroemeria to avoid (unless you want a thicket of it) is Alstroemeria psittacina http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/900/ It will spread to cover a large area within a few growing seasons.

Thanks for the great article!

Jeremy

Thumbnail by JaxFlaGardener
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 3, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9109433

Hi, Jeremy!
Thanks for your added comments, having experience with the plants, and your kind remarks!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Alstroemeria: Exotic Peruvian lilies make themselves at home in your garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Alstroemeria in a California garden Don_Fitch 1 May 7, 2012 7:38 AM
Beware of what success brings degger 1 May 8, 2012 5:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America