Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Heucheras and Friends: Snow Angel

Communities > Forums > Heucheras and Friends
bookmark
Forum: Heucheras and FriendsReplies: 12, Views: 134
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
irawon
Ottawa
Canada

May 3, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9109268

Doesn't look anything like 'Guardian Angel' which Noreaster has. I purchased 2 each of these companions plants - Aquilegia/columbine Oragami yellow and blue because I already have Oragami red which I love. I also bought a fern leaf peony...the most I've ever spent on a plant that wasn't a tree or shrub.

Thumbnail by irawon      Thumbnail by irawon   Thumbnail by irawon
Click an image for an enlarged view.

irawon
Ottawa
Canada

May 3, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9109272

Here's Aquilegia Oragami yellow

Thumbnail by irawon
Click the image for an enlarged view.

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

May 3, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9109274

Love your fern leaf peony. I have always wanted one but no place to plant it. Hope it does well for you.
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

May 4, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9110318

Unfortunately, our peony tenuifolia has not bloomed in 2 years. However, the Snow Angel Heuchera delivers beautiful, deep pink blooms. I hope you have good luck with it. The leaves on Snow Angel looked like they were deer dinner, but it came back last summer like gang busters.
irawon
Ottawa
Canada

May 7, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9113944

I bought 'Snow Angel' for its foliage. I was looking at heucheras online to discover that it has bright pink flowers. How dramatic is that!!!

This message was edited May 21, 2012 9:28 PM
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

May 7, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9114133

I too bought it for its foliage and was thrilled with the flowers. By the way, there is no resemblance to Mystic Angel either.
cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

May 7, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9114343

Snow Angel and Marmalade have been sharing a home for the past two years, and I see that they are obviously ready for their own homes. As you can likely see, they are both readying their spikes for blooms. When I prepare them for their own containers, Marmalade will probably be ready to divide, but if I do so, the divisions will all stay in the same container. You can see the dark pink spikes on Snow Angel. This container has always been in a sunny spot except when the weather was exceptionally hot.

Thumbnail by cathy166

irawon
Ottawa
Canada

May 21, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9132666

I was at sanannie's plant sale yesterday and bought a heuchera division from her. She has a lot of lovely heucheras and as we walked through her lovely garden I tried to identify some of her plants. What I thought was 'Hercules' she said was 'Snow Angel'. My 'Hercules' has not grown much but has produced one flower stalk this year. She said her SA could be doing better. It's my impression NOW that they both would do much better with more light because of the variegation.What cathy says above seems to confirm this.
irawon
Ottawa
Canada

May 22, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9133572

Here's that fern peony in bloom after planting it in a very sunny location. The plant was thinned out a bit when an object fell on it breaking a couple stems.

The second picture is a tree peony, which almost looks gaudy compared to the subtle shades of hostas and heucheras.

Thumbnail by irawon   Thumbnail by irawon

cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

May 22, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9133767

Love your fern-leaf peony blooms.

If your Euphorbia (cushion spurge) were on the other side, it could have been my yard. For some reason my Euphorbia is half the size of last year's plant. Your tree peony is lovely. My blooms were large, but I got only one pink and red and had fewer blooms than usual.

Thumbnail by cathy166

irawon
Ottawa
Canada

May 23, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9135054

Cathy, lovely bloom. The cushion euphorbia self seeded there.

I put 'Snow Angel' in morning sun. That's hosta'Little Treasure in the bottom left and I'm trying to see if the variegated aubretia will survive here before I plant any more. I've had success with it elsewhere but am bit doubtful about this location.

Thumbnail by irawon

irawon
Ottawa
Canada

June 9, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9157983

I thought you might like to see 'Snow Angel' in bloom and a second picture of 'Hercules' in bloom for the first time since I moved him into more sun.

Thumbnail by irawon   Thumbnail by irawon

cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9158118

Love those deep pink blooms. They are so pretty.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Heucheras and Friends Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Any Heuchera Experts Out There, specifically deer-resistant JudithI 19 Feb 14, 2009 5:00 PM
Colorful Heucheras sanannie 148 Aug 2, 2007 5:10 PM
New Member - wondering about Heucheras jazmine188 18 May 29, 2007 1:27 PM
Palace Purple Overexposed! (Warning...this is scary) Erynne 24 May 31, 2007 3:30 PM
Question about wintering over Heucheras BlueAsh 17 Mar 28, 2007 9:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America