Beginner Gardening: divided but wiltd n flopd

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening
Forum: Beginner GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
United Kingdom

May 5, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9111429

My friend has divided a plant for me which last year had tall white round flowers which i thought was Astilbe. Ive potted it up into pretty big pot and its got many roots but its flopped. Should i chop it down or wait? Its been 3 days and its been watered enough. I thought it was Astilbe family but i doubt it now. Each stem has one leaf at top and leaves look like Geranium but defo not. Should i wait for it to revive or have i done something wrong? The mother plant is fine so why has this flopped so much? Any idea on type? Link to photo is
La Vergne, TN

May 5, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9111433

it's not an astilbe, but i can't tell what it is. does your friends plant have leaves that stay up
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 5, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9111459

Probably just a bit of transplant shock. Dividing and repotting can be stressful so give it a little time and it should bounce back. But also check that you're not watering it too much, that is also easy to do and can cause the same symptoms. And I don't know where you have the plant now but I'd keep it somewhere with bright but indirect light (no direct sun) for a little while until it recovers a bit.
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

May 7, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9114395

Looked at the pic's you sent in, some looked like Christmas rose (Helleborus) but maybe you sent pic's of all different plants so can you confirm whaich pic is the plant in question OR are they all the same plant ????.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America