-
AuthorContent
jenzuk
manchester
United Kingdom

May 5, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9111429

My friend has divided a plant for me which last year had tall white round flowers which i thought was Astilbe. Ive potted it up into pretty big pot and its got many roots but its flopped. Should i chop it down or wait? Its been 3 days and its been watered enough. I thought it was Astilbe family but i doubt it now. Each stem has one leaf at top and leaves look like Geranium but defo not. Should i wait for it to revive or have i done something wrong? The mother plant is fine so why has this flopped so much? Any idea on type? Link to photo is http://www.flickr.com/photos/52132867@N03/6999230514/in/photostream
kitten0115
La Vergne, TN

May 5, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9111433

it's not an astilbe, but i can't tell what it is. does your friends plant have leaves that stay up
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 5, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9111459

Probably just a bit of transplant shock. Dividing and repotting can be stressful so give it a little time and it should bounce back. But also check that you're not watering it too much, that is also easy to do and can cause the same symptoms. And I don't know where you have the plant now but I'd keep it somewhere with bright but indirect light (no direct sun) for a little while until it recovers a bit.
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

May 7, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9114395

Looked at the pic's you sent in, some looked like Christmas rose (Helleborus) but maybe you sent pic's of all different plants so can you confirm whaich pic is the plant in question OR are they all the same plant ????.
WeeNel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America