Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sewing and Quilting: Round Robin Quilt 2012 - work in progress

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 253, Views: 1,565
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 5, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9111780

There are some who would not mind seeing their "work in progress".
If you'd rather not, and want to be "pleasantly surprised", please let us know here.

People who would like to see the "work in progress" are:
Mittsy
Thunder
Susan

Surprise us!
Barb
Audrey
Dorothy

This message was edited Jun 5, 2012 10:36 PM

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 5, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9111853

WONDERFUL... I can see work in progress!!! I get to enjoy without the work and time right now. I'm grateful for that!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 5, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9111895

LOL Pat - I meant those that are in the groups. Some of them want to be Surprised and see the tops when they receive them back after all the borders are attached - others want to see the work in progress on their centers

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 5, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9111934

Oh I know what you meant... but it means I get to enjoy pictures of the work in progress in spite of not being IN this particular swap. PICTURES... quilting and freinds... an AWESOME combination

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 5, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9112136

(grin) you Betcha, Pat!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 7, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9113743

it is a ok if pictures are posted of mine also.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 7, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9114221

I still want to be surprised!!!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2012
4:06 AM

Post #9120658

Anyone needing my addy, I have updated it in the exchange. It will be good until beginning of October 2012. Thanks for your patience.
Mittsy

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9134284

here is another peek at my center...trying to decide on colors for the frame...

Thumbnail by barefootT
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9134368

OOOOOhhhhhh I love that Thunder I love funky colors great job!!!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9134723

Thunder that is beautiful! Do you have any yellow or gold fabric? That may set off all those colors?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9134829

I like what you showed!!!! They really POP!!!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9135942

yellow was one of my thoughts...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9135951

I agree with gold - matches with the gold already in the piece...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 4, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9152718

Here's what Mittsy posted re my center:
Here we are, all ready to go to tthe post office tomorrow. I like the little embroidered butterflies. My dear friend Fran let me shop in her stash for the beautiful brown as I couldn't find any locally. She's such a treasure, keep her in your prayers and positive thoughts, she is facing putting her husband into a nursing home.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2012
3:47 AM

Post #9217714

No postings since June 4th? This is my only connection to the sewing and quilting threads. Couldn't we please have an update of where we are. I don't even know if I should be looking for something in my mailbox.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 25, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #9217889

I sent my center to Audrey. I received a center from LindaKay, added its' borders and sent that to Audrey. I have not received anything since...and that was at least a month ago...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 25, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9218800

Mittsy, Barb - my apologies... I've been seeing posts on Cubits, and not pasting them into here...
I'll go check and copy/paste the comments in.
Again, my apologies

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 25, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9218815

June 4 - Audrey - Do we get our centers back? I didn't know that!
My reply - yes, we each get our own centers back, with everyone's contribution of borders on it. Then you can either make it larger for a bed quilt, or use it as a large lap quilt... your choice!!
That's why you got to choose what you want as a center, cuz it's YOURS!!
I can't remember - do you want to see the progression of your center as borders are added?
Audrey - No
Me - ooooooooooK then - I'll post it in the Works In Progress thread that you Don't want to see your progression

June 5
Lavonne/Dorothy - I am going to post my center but don't want to see progress when it begins its rounds...cause I LOVE surprises!
Me - okie dokie - will add you to the list of "want to be surprised"!

June 29 - Cher posted - "Wanted to bump this up. Has everyone received their centers?? I am stilll waiting for one no rush I am just wondering where we are."
Lavonne - I have not sent mine or thunder's to Anita yet...but am working on both...
Me - okie dokie Dorothy - we know you were sick for awhile, and it's understandable (heck, you were in the hospital at one point!).

June 30
Lavonne - yeah...that's true, but I promised Marti that I would be a good girl and not do that again while she is still in Calif. We're counting the days until she is back home...she has loads of plans for us to do...gardening, sewing, gourds, rocks and trips. She wants to go to the beach (east coast) next year and to Arkansas for diamond hunting...among other things.

Me -Posted by me, in answer to Cher:
"I know mine has been received, and I got one - your puppy!
I got another piece of fabric to put in the border (blush - I haven't done it yet...). TONIGHT I will put the borders on yours, Cher, and send it off!!!"
Mitsy said: I haven't received any yet.
Barb - I sent my center to Audrey. I received Linda's center, added my border to it and sent it on to Audrey as well...
Mitsy - received Susan's butterfly center and sent it on to Pat. I had already sent mine to Pat (Christmas center) for my daughter's MIL. I just thought we were discussing number 2 at this point.
Susan - Oh no... I haven't gotten one of my centers from the originator...
I think others are in the same "boat"
Thunder - I sent mine to Dorothy, and I have Pat's, which I am still working on..
Cher - Oh okay good as long as we are still working. I haven't gotten mine from the originator yet that is what I meant as well. Thanks Cher
Susan - Cher - your originator is Betty, and I know she has DG company - weekend Gathering at her house.
I'm not sure what her schedule is, otherwise.
Cher - That is fine Susan, no rush just wanted to know where we were at this point. I will be pretty busy with my awareness quilt for a couple of weeks so no worries.
Thank you for the update. Cher
Susan - Thank YOU for bumping the thread up. I really do appreciate it.

July 2 - Anita - Will try to get mine mailed soon

July 5 - Betty posted:
"Well gals, I've been MIA..between being ill then hosting Daves Garden 2012 Sistah's Gathering which went off 100% I am now looking forward to fulfilling my responsibilities...
Am home tomorrow, hoping to post both my insert and Aurdrey's strips and in the mail by Saturday morning..back on track I'll be!!!"

Audrey - Question for you from Betty! She posted: "Susan, machine and fabric is out ready for an early morning start, can you ask Audrey please if the fabric that came with the insert is to be used or can I add fabric that I have??" Consider yourself asked, Audrey

July 7 - Anita - I posted a question in the other forum about my center not being the correct size. I have been trying to come up with different centers in the correct measurements. The best I could do is 21 x 21. Would it be best to send that with money to cover costs for additional fabric or get material and cut it to the correct measurements?
My reply - Anita - don't worry about the "extra" size - my goodness, it's only 6" diameter more - I think we're good covering that! No one will be cutting the border lengths prior to receiving your center, so they will just do the sections as they will fit. No problems!!

July 8 Barb - Love your center Anita. So colorful!!!
Audrey - I didn't send extra fabric with mine to Betty in Canada! Sent Barb's with mine, no extra fabric, unless there was some with Barb's
Me - I didn't send extra fabric either - it was a choice, NOT a requirement, so no worries, k?
Audrey - I just figured out what she meant. My center is just a fabric square! I hope she doesn't cut it up! I did sign it! I guess she didn't realise it was my center! I sent it with Barb's.
Me - I just spoke to Betty, and she knows it's your center - so she's adding a border to it, to send it on Tomorrow!
She's also adding the second border to Barb's and they will both be sent on tomorrow.
So, no panic, k?
Anita - Whew! Thanks Susan! I was struggling trying to get the correct measurements. Thanks Barb!
Me - Glad your panic's ended

July 19 - Betty posted:
Cher, could you post letting me know if you have or did not receive the inserts..should have been there by now!

July 20 - Anita - Susan, did you recieve my center, yet?
Me - Nope, not yet Anita

July 23 - Me - Anita - your center came today!! How lovely is this?!?!?! I'm sure I have material that will go with it - it's beautiful!
Anita - Awww, Susan that is nice of you to say. I cannot wait to see what everyone adds to it. this will be fun.

Now - up to date?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 26, 2012
1:27 AM

Post #9219010

Thanks.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 26, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9219788

You're welcome, Mittsy!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 26, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9219794

Audrey just posted:
I've not been able to do any sewing lately. I may have to have hiatal (SP) surgery. I'm seeing the surgeon 8/01. I'm sew sick and tired of being sick and tired! I do have the fabric for Linda's. though. I'm still thinking of another color though, to go with it. Her center is really beautiful! Wish I had one like it!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 21, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9249467

I have not seen any photos in a while and I'm having withdrawal symptoms!! Where's the pictures??? Us lurkers are looking for vicarious pleasure!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 22, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9250587

hahahaha well, apparently my center has its first border, and I'd like to see it too, actually...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9250929

All I have done so far is send my center (NO photos please) and Linda Kay's center on to Audrey. I didn't take a picture of LKs but don't know if she wants to be surprised or not. Her name is not listed on the first post. I haven't received any more to work on...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9251152

I'm really disappointed in this swap. I only picked one to participate in as I have a lot going on with mom. There's been hardly any pictures and very little commentary. Perhaps it's all going on at another location? I just can't seem to find the time to look here and Cubits, too.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 23, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9251188

Susan, I did not take a photo, but maybe when Barb gets it and gets her border added she can post a picture. She should have it any day now.
No, I don't want to see mine till it is finished.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9251276

Nothing is going on there either MIttsy. I don't know what is going on. The only one I have heard anything about is Audrey and she has been sick.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 23, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9251596

I don't mind seeing mine at any stage...

Mittsy - hope you don't stay disappointed... I think it just need a "jump start"
Thanks for your "nudge" lol

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9251597

I got Susan's peacock center today from LK. Susan - did you want pictures or not???? I'll take one berfore I add and again after I add - then I'll be prepared for your answer...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9251628

I know when the state fair starts that fall is not far behind, so we've been here 4 months and I did my center and put one border on Susan's. I feel like we're behind.

Barb, if you check the first post, you'll see that Susan has posted she would like pictures as do I and Thunder. Guess I need to go back to the very beginning and read it over.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 23, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9251642

I know we're falling behind (just as Fall is about to hit, eh?)
I hope this "nudges" us all to take a more active role in getting the centers off "and running"!
Cooler weather means we'll likely be indoors more.
I think I have one more week at my job, and then I'll be home until I can find either another temp one, or hopefully a permanent job. Regardless, I have 2 centers to send off...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 24, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9252262

I'm anxiously waiting to something to come in the mail so I can work on it..more time on my Hans to be a bit more creative!

If it helps the juices flowing by seeing photo's I say post mine, always anxious to see progress

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

August 25, 2012
10:24 PM

Post #9253900

Sorry Ladies I think Imust be the hold up here now but I got 3 sent to me all at once and have finally finished my Cancer quilts and they are off to their places. Now I am rolling on to these 3 centers.I haven't forgotten you I promise.
Cher

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 26, 2012
12:10 AM

Post #9253932

Look forward to receiving them..

What an earthly angel you are to put so much time and effort into those cancer quilts, am sure they will greatly appreciated!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 26, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9254004

Cher - please tell me you took pictures of the quilts!!! I'd love to see how they came out.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 26, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9254662

Hey ladies - glad to see some chat activity here!! :-)

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

August 26, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9254787

yes there where pictures Ijust have to upload them. been really crazy for me here I have had some strange swelling issues and soooooo tired. I went to a dr and he said ok we will run some tests but I think we are gonna hit a dead end and we will just chaulk this up to getting old. I am only44 for cryin out loud but ok. Well long story short I have Lupus and Mr. Dr man feels a little like a fool for saying that. Never ends the stuff that keeps comin at ya. But yes i will post the pics the quilts came out wonderful I think and I gave credit where credit was due let me tell you. I have sold 40 dollars in tickets so far and just got permission from my boss to sell raffles at work so that is gonna be great. We just mailed the sister quilt to my dear SIL and she should get hers Monday WOW cost 50 dollars to send to her ouch but so worth it if she feels all the love that went into it from me and all of you Thank you sooooo very much.
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 26, 2012
10:17 PM

Post #9254939

(((((((((((((Cher))))))))))))) sorry to hear about the Lupus...darn Dr for not looking into this further, earlier... 44 Is Not Old, for pete's sake!! What was he thinking...?!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9255117

I've got to read up on Lupus. I don't know much about it. And Susan is right - 44 is NOT OLD. Hope this finds your SIL doing good and I will be patient regarding the pictures!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 27, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9255263

Dr, do I understand you right, YOU just found out?? I'm so sorry and it is frustrating when we're treated like "this is normal aging process" kind of crap. NO, I don't think so!! I'm glad you now know and can treat it properly.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9256771

Here is Susan's center and the border that Linda Kay added.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9256773

Here is Susan's center after I added the red and green. Now I'll send it off to Audrey...

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2012
7:46 AM

Post #9256783

Barb - the bit of red really makes it POP!!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9256792

Wanted to pull just a bit of both the red and the green out from the center. It seems to work!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9256797

GOR GE OUS...double wow, what a treasure that piece will be!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9256804

Thanks for the kind words ladies. Now to get it ready to mail!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9256805

Barb, I really like that border!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9256809

Barb, you sure have an eye for coloring!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
8:27 AM

Post #9256835

Audrey, is your address current in the address files here? Don't want to send this on to the wrong place.!!!! Please let me know. Thanks, Barb

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9256839

oh wow, Barb - that is Beautiful! I agree, the red in the border brings out the colour in the center nicely, and is a great "pop" of colour! Thank you so much!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9256845

You are welcome Susan. You might want to send a note to the ones who follow me to be careful NOT to get an iron near the painted area!! I had never worked with fabric paint before and I just knicked it but it does melt and quickly. I was able to not ruin it. I have covered it with a piece of tissue paper held down with painters tape which will not hurt the fabric. Is it always like that? I don't think I'd like to use the paint in that case. Do you heat set it at all?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9256856

I thought it was set, but obviously not... yikes! I wonder what I would do, to do so. I had put a tissue over it, and ironed it well, and thought that would set it. Live & learn, eh?
Did you put the tissue over the whole piece and heat set it yourself?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
9:10 AM

Post #9256882

NO!!! It is not my piece to play with!!! I covered it as a warning to everyone else NOT TO GO NEAR IT WITH AN IRON!!!! I also enclosed a note to go with yours telling Audrey about it. I haven't mailed it yet. Is there anything you want me to do? If you want it ironed, I'll send it back to you to do. Just le tme know...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9256891

Nope, just send it on. I wasn't sure from your first posting about the ironing if you'd done it or not.
I'm relaxed about it. If, for some reason it gets ruined, I will just applique another peacock in its stead.
This summer my DH & I were in a fabric shop and he found a beautiful peacock iron-on transfer sheet (as well as others lol) and got it for me.
IF I had to put another peacock in, I would use the same colours, or maybe would use the same pattern as this one with the same colours.
Regardless, I don't want anyone to stress about the paint. It will be what it will be. No worries!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9256900

I have to say, I think the fabrics added so far just couldn't be any more perfect. That is going to be spectacular Susan.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9256914

I'm working on the centers sent to me, and hope I can do the same justice to them as Barb & LK did to mine... !

How is everyone else's progress?
Now that I'm not working, I have more time to do these.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 28, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9256923

Anxiously waiting..have had a few weeks to get on board but shortly busy/busy again..have you heard from Audrey? Know she has been having difficulties of late..I'll be patient, you know me, not patient at all

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9256930

lol "patient Betty"???? rush, rush, rush Betty - we know you well enough to know you do this LOL
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9256995

Beautiful job Barb. I can see where I might have to learn a new skill on how to mitre (miter?) corners. Spelling is not one of my better subjects.

mittsy

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
1:27 PM

Post #9257246

Linda Kay did the mitered corners on the border she added. Knowing that Audrey follows me and that she isn't feeling well, I thought it might be easier for her with plain squared corners so that's how I did mine. Hope she is feeling better!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9257297

I hope Audrey is feeling better...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9257461

Mitered corners are easy to do! Here a couple of videos to show you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLfLjXHcZro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGwCdfjQys

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9257525

I don't have a problem with them, I was just concerned about Audrey...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

August 28, 2012

Post #9257718

Beautiful work ladies I love the colors and the BIRD!!!!
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 28, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9257789

Thanks, Cher!
Cher - if you're in the group that the peacock goes to, be sure not to touch an iron to the painted bird. It will melt and curl it. I thought I'd set it, but apparently not...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9258180

This is for Mittsy, Hunted down a computer just for you !!! sure hope you like what I have done...

on another note...I am looking for a computer. ^_^ Thanks to some very special Angels...Love you Much more than words can say...

Thumbnail by barefootT

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 29, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9258190

WOW, take a look at that border, what a treasure Mittsy will end up with..both you and Barb just raised the bar, guess I'd better get a bit more creative than adding a simple plain border!

Will be nice seeing you on line more often Thunder, sure have been missing you
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9258255

Thanks for the picture. Wow, Ray's mom, Peggy will love this quilt. Thank you Pat and Thunder. I watched the tutorial on mitering the corners and think I'll try it.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 29, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9258348

So glad to see you online, Thunder! And soon you'll have a new computer!!
Mittsy - I have some beautiful Christmas fabric I hope you'll like - snowflakes on red and holly on red... both tiny patterns. Can hardly wait to see your center, and see if these fabrics work...

Reminder re: Peacock - do NOT let an iron touch the paint, please. I will "set" it when I get it back.

I love all the work that everyone's doing on these centers - WOW is all I can say. And, you're stretching my abilities, too! I have to think quickly to keep up with your creative juices! lol
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9258358

Thunder - so GOOD to hear from you.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9258577

Hope you have that computer soon Thunder. You are sorely missed!!!! Love what you did with Mittsy's center!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 31, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9260479

Wow is right, that is beautiful!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 14, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9275206

Ok will be mailing the 3 tops I recv'd from Betty to Susan on Monday. I will post pics if you want them but I believe my 3 people want to be surprised
They are;
Betty
Audrey
Barb

Yay!!!! I got alot done today!!!!!!!!
Cher

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 14, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #9275247

Not I Cher, would love to see my insert..excited!!

I've not received any since receiving the 2 from Audrey??

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 14, 2012
2:24 PM

Post #9275257

My sewing room is "shot" with mess, so am going to have to move my sewing machine to my dining table to get the last one done. Then will mail mine on.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 14, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9275300

Any idea Susan if Audrey is sending some on my way?? Are we moving along pretty much on schedule?

Edited to read along rather than Lang...I pads at it again

This message was edited Sep 14, 2012 8:39 PM

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 14, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9275374

As Cher is sending one to Audrey, I guess it will go next to you, as you're Audrey's "send to"

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 14, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9275465

Huh..I sent the 3 to Cher, now she's sending them back to me?? Confusing to say the least...lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 14, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9275528

oh shoot... no, she's sending them to me... yikes! I'd better check my list again... lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 14, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9275529

Ok - re-iterate...
group One:
1. Susan (sends to Linda Kay)
2. Linda Kay (sends to Barb)
3. Barb (sends to Audrey)
4. Audrey (sends to Betty)
5 Betty (sends to Cher)
6. Cher (sends to Susan)

Group Two
1 Susan (sends to Mitsy)
2 Mittsy (sends to Pat)
3. Patsends to Thunder
4 Thunder (sends to Dorothy)
5 Dorothy (sends to Anita)
6 Anita (sends to Susan)

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 14, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9275587

Ok I am a bit confused too. I have 3 Audrey, Betty, and Barb. are we missing Yours Susan and Linda's?
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 14, 2012
9:09 PM

Post #9275641

Yes, missing mine - I haven't sent the two I have, on yet...
I hope to have my sewing area back in the next couple of days...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9275822

Betty, Audrey has been sick, so she is still working on hers, she will get them done, as soon as she can.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9275897

Not like I am missing something to do, just don't want to be the missing link. Lol

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9275908

Hello... ^_^ every body !!!!

an angel sent me an old computer to use, till I get my new one...it takes awhile to get up and running, but seems to work fine, once it gets warmed up.

I ordered a computer but there was some kind of glitch, I just found out the order was cancelled???? got to try to contact them and see whats up???

My center was sent to Dorothy/ Lavonne
I have added to Pat's center, and sent that on to Dorothy.
I have added to Mittsy's center, and sent that on to Dorothy.
that's were I am at on this one, waiting for another to work on...

just got home from 2 wk vacation...it was crazy...saw my Soldier, DIL and Grand daughter !!
and my Sailor !! Sailor should be home tonight, or tomorrow. Has 8 days leave !! then back to SC for some more school...
Soldier will be heading out in a week for a month long training program...My GD is NOT gonna be happy :(

missed Y'all MUCH MUCH...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9275922

Welcome Back Thunder...not the same around here w/out you!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 15, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #9275976

((((((((Thunder))))))))

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #9276069

re-ordered computer...hopefully will work this time??? said it would be here between the 18th and the 21st ??

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9276112

So glad to see you have a new one on order Thunder, glad to have you back with us!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 15, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9276163

What happened the last time, Thunder?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9276259

You can really get some steals at Geek.com if you don't mind a PC, rather than a laptop.

My first week of class is over, I spend last night at a friends' and tonight when she gets off work we will head to my house (about 3.1/2 hours away). Then to Spokane tomorrow afternoon for a performance. It will be CRAZY, I have to be back in class Monday morning at 8 and Spokane is 5 hours away from here... not the best of timing but the tickets were bought before we knew about the training.l

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
10:42 PM

Post #9276379

no clue as to why the order was cancelled?? talked to a number of different people on the phone, and no one could figure it out...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 15, 2012
11:13 PM

Post #9276390

cancelled?! how weird...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 17, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9278425

ok sounds good was just wondering how many I should have at this point . Great to have you Back Thunder !!!!!
ok now that I have a new phone I can get my pics so here you go Betty I hope you like what I have done withyour first border!!!
Cher

Thumbnail by cheriffic

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 17, 2012
9:15 PM

Post #9278426

I thought the pinwheels looked like peppermint candy that is Christmasy and the white fabric has holly leaves
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 17, 2012
9:42 PM

Post #9278452

Cher - that looks great! Thank you for posting your addition!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 17, 2012
10:59 PM

Post #9278494

Cher, it's fantastic,, does indeed resemble peppermints..
Going back to ohhh and ahhhh

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

September 18, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9278847

Thank you, Betty, for moving our new visitor over to this thread! You're a sweetheart!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2012
10:16 PM

Post #9279607

Cheryl, and Betty that is loverly !!!

I too must loook again and ohhhh and ahhhhhh ^_^

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9314257

I finished Mittsy's!!!
Now, 4 more to do!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2012
9:51 PM

Post #9314683

go Susan...Go Susan... I can not figure out how to do the music notes with this computer??? it has a number key pad?? so I thought that would work?? NOT !! boo...

so Susan just imagine the music...and go girl go...

I was piecing to acdc, meatloaf and Janice Joplin yesterday...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 24, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9314686

LOL Thunder LOL
To do the music notes:
Press and hold ALT key, then tap 1 release, then 3 ♪ (on the side #s, not the top on keyboard)
another note is Alt 1 (release) then 4♫

♩ ♩ musical quarter note
♪ ♪ musical eighth note
♫ ♫ musical single bar note
♬ ♬ musical double bar note
♭ ♭ flat note
♮ ♮ natural note
♯ ♯ sharp note

The ones with the ampersand (&) are supposed to work, but I can't get them to work...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2012
10:18 PM

Post #9314691

thank you just numbers ♪ ♫ ☼ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ♂ ♀ & works for me & ☺ ☻ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ◘ ○ ♀ I was trying shift button, and control button...not alt button...duh !
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2012
3:01 AM

Post #9314745

Does it work on a laptop? I don't have a side number section, only numbers are on top.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 25, 2012
3:38 AM

Post #9314761

Quick question, 3 threads, can someone direct me to the last thread???
Love the notes

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 25, 2012
4:21 AM

Post #9314776

The one called Round Robin is the original thread, and we can all post anything there - regular chat, chat about our RR etc and the directions for the RR are; there's the one called "work in progress" where we can ask questions about what's happening with our progress; and there's the one called "Centers" where pictures of the centers are, and if you want to see the work being done on your centers you can go to see them.
I know some don't want to see their centers until they're done, so of course they won't go there. That thread can be "unwatched" if you don't want to see them. I will post updates in all three threads, so no one misses anything.
This one is the main thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1254214/#new
This is "work in progress": http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1256391/#new
This is "our centers" where we'll post pictures, and if you want to be surprised, "unwatch": http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255414/#new

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 25, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9314929

ok..know where to find what now...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9314952

Mittsy, you have to have the number keypad off to the side for it to work...does not work with numbers above the regular keypad.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2012
8:50 AM

Post #9314974

this is a sneak peek at part of what I did on Pat's center. remember the television show of batman and robin, made with people...not a cartoon??
and the funny things robin would say?? well some of my pieces are " holy batman"

amazing the pieces you can get out of a fabric design, when you look at it, based on color alone..
second picture, piece in the middle...batman city background
third picture, batman's leg !! Holy batman :)

I also used some Horoscopes fabrics, it had designs for the different signs.

I wanted the impression of rocks, and woods, and sky...

Thumbnail by barefootT   Thumbnail by barefootT   Thumbnail by barefootT      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 25, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9314980

cool beans, Batman!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9314988

this is the center. once I decided what I wanted to do...I had a lot of fun searching through scraps to get colors I wanted.

Thumbnail by barefootT   Thumbnail by barefootT         

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9315026

very nice, Thunder! Your nature theme came thru, for sure!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 25, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9315044

Holy..talk about a bunch of creatie women...love what you've done with that piece.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9315207

Fantastic Thunder!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 25, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9315233

Wow - what a great picture, Thunder! I've seen this one before - it's an oil paint-by-number, right? I'm sure I've seen it as a center panel in a quilt area in Walmart...
and you're going to recreate it with fabric pieces?!?! Sew, will this be applique or pieced?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9315596

no...this is Pats center, and a sneak peek at what I did to it...I did not want to show the whole thing, as I think she said she did not want to see it..and I am not sure if she comes over here or not.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 25, 2012
9:36 PM

Post #9315625

I'm sure she will be thrilled with the outcome of your creativity!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 25, 2012
9:56 PM

Post #9315634

Thunder - you could post it in the "Our Centers" thread, on the RR forum. Anyone not wanting to see their centers are advised to "unwatch" that thread...
Otherwise, the group will come to the first thread for the instructions, and this thread for questions about how things are going. Pictures are on the "our centers" thread.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 26, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9316406

ooops my bad...I thought this was the place to post, as it is work in progress... weelllll it was, my row is done and sent off some time ago.

sew I should go over to other thread and post the other pictures, of the more done??

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

October 26, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9316434

Sure - post any center you've made or worked on.
It's just that some would not want to see theirs, so that's a thread they'll stay away from. The rest of us want to see ours lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 21, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9339527

Audrey posted:
Ladies, I think I'm going to have to renege on this one, due to my health. I have the one I've not finished here, I'll send it on to Canada to Betty. Please put the one I started in with yours that are left. I'm so sorry.
Audrey

My reply:
Really very sorry to hear you're that ill, Audrey. Never mind - you'll still get your finished center, if I have to do it myself!!
It can be daunting when your health interferes with your intentions, but it happens. Don't worry about it, Audrey.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2012 8:50 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9339666

My Thanksgiving prayers will include you too Audrey - that your health improves and that you are able to do that which you love...
Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 22, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9339725

Happy Thanksgiving to all..

Audrey, most important is that you get well!

Will check post office so I can have the panel done and sent on

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 22, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #9340007

Happy Thanksgiving to all my 'merican friends!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 22, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9340036

Thank you Susan, I hope your Canada Thanksgiving earlier this year was wonderful as well.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 22, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9340061

Thought I should post this again:
group One:
2. Linda Kay (sends to Barb)
3. Barb (sends to Audrey)
4. Audrey (sends to Betty)
5 Betty (sends to Cher)
6. Cher (sends to Susan)

Group Two
1 Susan (sends to Mitsy)
2 Mittsy (sends to Pat)
3. Patsends to Thunder
6 Anita (sends to Susan)

So Betty - is it ok if Barb "skips" Audrey and sends to you?
Thunder - you're "skipping" Dorothy and sending directly to Anita, right?

If either of you just would like to put one border on, and at the end, when it's time to send to the "originator" of the center, instead send to ME and I will add the last border on for Dorothy & Audrey, THEN it can go to the Originator. That way only I, as the starter of this RR, will have to do any extras.
I don't want to put any extra stress on other people to do more.

Please let me know in advance, so I can "pitch in"

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2012
3:23 AM

Post #9340351

No problem here Susan. I will add two on any that come my way!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9340496

Thank you, Barb!

ok - somewhat excited, but reining it in...
Both Bob & I are starting Temporary jobs on Monday. We found out yesterday when he went to an interview with a gov't office who place people in "training" programs doing painting & construction.
They were going to involve ME in this, until they realized I was registered with their Champions program for disabled peoples... Anyway, he'll make minimum wage until he can find a perm position.
I got a call from an Employment Agency and the company wants someone from Monday until Dec 28th. It MAY Potentially become perm, but I'm not getting all excited about that possibility.
It IS employment for both of us, and $$ coming in for now, and I'm very happy about that.
S'funny that we both get jobs that start on Monday, eh? LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2012

Post #9340872

good news Susan.

I have to get another piece...before I can work on one then send on to Anita...If It would be helpful I could do my border wider ... to compensate for missing piece from Dorothy, and if Anita could add an extra bit to her width??? we could together make up the difference ???

I got Pat's and sent that on, and then I got Mittsy's, and sent that on...both to Dorothy, as she was still "in" at that point. have not received any other???

Has anyone heard from Pat??? (anjl'smom)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2012
10:55 PM

Post #9341024

I just mailed to her in the other room. She hadn't posted since Sept 29th... almost 2 months!
That was the Main thread for RR.
Hopefully we hear from her - now I'm worried... I gave her the new thread's link.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 26, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9343322

LK/Tater posted today, in the other room:

"Audrey, sending prayers your way, hope you're feeling better soon!
Susan, I got the centers today, I will go through my stash, and see what I can add for the borders."
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9346537

Susan, I received the parcel today. Am I correct in thinking that I am to add a 3" addition all the way around?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 1, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9347231

Here's the directions again (about time I put them up again!).

1st round-start with a 15 1/2"x24 1/2" inch unfinished center-everyone sends theirs to the next person on the list
2nd round -everyone adds a 2"border to the quilt they are sent. Send to next person on list.
3rd round - everyone adds a 3" border and sends to the next person
4th round - everyone adds a 4" border
5th round - everyone adds a 5" border
6th round - everyone adds a 4" border and then sends back to the next person on the list who will actually be the maker of the center (the owner).

So, if I sent you one with a 2" around the center, then you add a 3"
If I've added a 3", then you add a 4"
Which ones had I sent you, again? Anita's, and... ?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9349654

I added to Cher's puppy quilt, no bones about it, it is a cutie! I also dug through my batiks bin and found some funky iridescent dragonflies which look pretty good with Anita's center. I mailed them off this morning to Pat. Sent them ready post Priority so should be there in 3 days.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 4, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9349921

Mittsy - did you include the pics in "Pictures of our Centers"???
Anyone that doesn't want to see their centers, and wants to be surprised, won't go to that thread...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2012
4:25 AM

Post #9361215

Does anyone know if Pat has acknowleged receiving the centers I sent on December 4th? She should have received them 3 days later as they went priority mail. I am not on any other sites and she hasn't replied to me via dmail. I left my camera at my daughter's home when we visited for Thanksgiving. Won't get it back until Christmas visit. I was hopeing that she would post pictures.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 18, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9361879

haven't heard anything from Pat on the other thread. Susan was going to send her e mail, do not know if she heard anything back ???

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 18, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9361936

I sent her another c-mail, so we'll see what's up...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 19, 2012
2:22 AM

Post #9362015

I have a block to border that I just received from Audrey, will wait till after Christmas to mail out..border project needs thought so best I leave it till then!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 19, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9362601

I haven't heard from Anjilsmom/Pat so don't know what's up...?!

Glad the blocks are "on the move" Betty! Thanks for the update :-)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9363471

do you know anjil ??? I do, maybe we should send a note to her???

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 20, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9363556

I only know her d-mail address... and I sent her one, but she hasn't responded.
Thunder, if you could send a note to her, that would be fantastic!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9363698

Susan, I know the daughter. Pat is anjil's mom, I know anjil... I will send a note to her

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 22, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9364865

Thank you SO much, Thunder dear!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9365028

Anjil says her Mom has not been feeling well, but she will start working on the tops after Christmas.

I am beet ? beat?sp? bushed,, wore out, tired...it was crazy today at work, and I am sure tomorrow will be worse!!!! working 7-4 and no boss in tomorrow,
oh yay :(

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

December 22, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9365112

Yes, I tried to avoid stores today and was not successful. Needed a supply or two.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 22, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9365130

Thank you, Thunder, for letting us know. I hope that Pat soon feels better, and certainly in time for Christmas! No one needs to be sick at Christmastime...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2013
6:19 AM

Post #9373004

OMG I am sooooooo bad!!!! When Audrey first said she was ill, I had a package almost ready for her. I set it aside until I found out was was going on. Well, to make a long story short, I just found this envelope with something in it but no address on it. You guessed it!!! I have Susan's peacock center!!!! It went to LK and then to me and I have added my border. I am supposed to send to Audrey but now that is not to be. So I said I would add an extra border to any that came to me. And I would gladly add another to this and then send it to Betty who is the next in line. Here is my dilema - Norm and I are moving!!!! Most of my fabrics except for the kids coloring books have been packed!!! I have no fabric to choose from and no time to do it in. Betty, can you help me out???? If I send this to you, could you add two borders? One for Audrey and one for you? And then send on to Cher as you would have originally? Please let me know as I feel soooo bad about this...Thank you dear friend...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2013
6:53 AM

Post #9373028

Barb, where are you moving to? Closer, I hope to Keene.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 2, 2013
7:46 AM

Post #9373068

Of course Barb, will be home by the weekend so send it on to me, I received one just before leaving so I shall get them done and out within the next week or so.

Did not realize you were moving. Same area? Are you looking forward to the move?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 2, 2013
8:06 AM

Post #9373081

Glad you posted this Barb. Susan, if Barb is busy moving, I have the 3 tops you sent me. Do you want me to add my border, then one for Barb, then send them to Betty? I don't mind doing two borders. When are you moving Barb?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 2, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9373158

do not know which group you are referring to, but I will help if I can. no problem with adding extra border, or larger border to help make up a difference... let me know...

If one is mine, I will add extra in the end, NO PROBLEM...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2013
12:53 PM

Post #9373302

It is days like this that I cherish and when I realize how very important you all are to me. What sweethearts with your generosity to help me out.
We are moving in about two to three weeks. We have known that this economy was going to basically drive us out of this home (we have been renting a ranch home). So we started to pack up anything not being used and started looking. We found a place a few towns away where everything is included in the rent except our phone. We get heat, hot water, electricity, cable, and internet included. Our rent payment went up by about $200.00 but since we no longer will pay for all the other stuff, we will be paying about $300.00 less per month. Maybe then we can start to catch up with all Norm's medical bills. We only looked at this place yesterday and we were accepted right away. I will send particulars regarding address, email, phone # changes as soon as I can. I'll keep posting here as long as I can too!

I am going to suggest that maybe LK send to Betty and Betty to me and then I to Cher with the three that LK has now-just change the rotation. I'll add the extra row for Audrey unless either of you want to do so. And then I can participate in all of the rounds with at least my part. If Betty can add Audrey's on Susan's that I send to her, I would be most grateful and then that one goes to Cher to send to Susan as finished. Does that make sense?

You are all so super special.
And Mittsy, I'm sorry to say it is farther away from Keene but closer to Keepsake...
Thunder, I thank you too but I think you are in the other group. I did start on the fabric you sent with the crayons!! They are going to love these. They will be so cute and I'll post a picture. Just that one fabric you sent is going to make six totes!!!! I'm so thankful to you alll...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 2, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9373457

Wow - you ladies are SO special! Thank you for "picking up the ball"!!!
Barb - no worries... we sure won't expect things to go smoothly in life, and you have enough excitement without adding stress to it! It looks like everything's "in hand" and LK/Betty will look after adding the borders.
Thank you, Betty & LK!!
LK - yes, if you would add your border, then Barb's, and send to Betty, that would be great

Barb - how wonderful that your $$ per month will go down!! $300 is a huge deal of money! Good for you, but geeze you have to move fast!!!!!!

Thunder et al - here's the "line up". So, Thunder - you're not in the same group as Betty, LK, and Barb
Group One:
2. Linda Kay sends to Barb ( Betty)
3. Barb ( Betty) sends to Audrey ( Barb)
4. Audrey no longer able to work on, but will still get her center back, with borders added.
5 Betty (Barb) sends to Cher
6. Cher (sends to Susan)

Group Two
1 Susan (sends to Mitsy)
2 Mittsy (sends to Pat)
3. Pat sends to Thunder
6 Anita (sends to Susan)

If everyone agrees with the bolded changes in Group One, let me know, and I'll make it a permanent change.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2013
5:17 PM

Post #9373585

Thanks Susan. I think that is what I meant!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 2, 2013
7:38 PM

Post #9373690

How exciting for you Barb! Lowering your overhead expenses is a WONDERFUL thing!!! Our renter moved out mid December and we are working to finish a small amount of remodeling and get this studio re-rented. The ability to convert the "remodeled garage" into a full blown studio for rent income was one of the reasons we bought this house.

Trying to get out from under medical bills I can REALLY relate to!! Ben's had 6 surgeries in the last 4 years!! We're still paying SOMEBODY (hospital, surgeon,& assistant, anesthesoiologist , physical therapy, prosthetics... etc, etc!!) for each of the surgeries. I try to not get discouraged but there are days it's hard not to be.

When you get settled into your new home I have a piece of fabric you would like for your hospital crayon bag project. Just let me know!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 2, 2013
8:39 PM

Post #9373742

Barb, I have three centers, one is yours, so it just needs the last border, then I will add two borders to the others, and send them on to Betty.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 2, 2013
8:57 PM

Post #9373753

((((((((Barb)))))))) - It looks like everything's a "go"!

(((((((((LK))))))))) you're a jewel!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2013
3:23 AM

Post #9373836

I feel like the luckiest lady in the world. You are all so wonderful. I'm on here early today as I have set myself limits as to when I can play - and I'm running out of time. Norm just said my muffins are ready for breakfast. I won't be back now until lunch time. Pack! Pack! Pack!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 3, 2013
5:07 AM

Post #9373866

Don't over do it with the packing and moving! Hire some help if you need too!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 3, 2013
7:01 AM

Post #9373969

We love you Barb and I wish I could do something to help.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 3, 2013
3:56 PM

Post #9374516

Barb,can you give me an idea on color scheme..stopping at a fabric shop before crossing border

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 3, 2013
4:38 PM

Post #9374550

setting limits on playing?!?!?! Horrors!
I wish I were there helping... I lost count after 40 personal moves (my ex always had "itchy feet"), so really could help with packing... I should have a Doctorate in moving LOL

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2013
4:40 PM

Post #9374552

Oh my dear sweet friends. The move is off!!!! At least for now. I had a checkup this mprning and my doctor is adamant about NO STAIRS and we would have had to go up for the bath and laundry. It was such a sweet place but when the doc told me this morning that my lungs are not going to get any better than they are and that my heart just races with exertion and that she did not agree that it would help me to get stonger, I knew I had to listen.
Rather than change everything back to where it was, why don't we just keep going with the new schedule? I have the boxes labeled and I'm sure I can put my hands on materials for the borders. Would that be okay? We will finish up with the new schedule?

This message was edited Jan 3, 2013 7:41 PM

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 3, 2013
5:24 PM

Post #9374603

(((((((((((((((((((Barb))))))))))))))))) very gentle, hearty hugs...
Now where will you live? You were renting, right? Now what?!?! Will you stay where you are? Are there stairs?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 3, 2013
6:16 PM

Post #9374656

Barb, I'm sure that appointment was a shock but I'm glad it was NOT after your move! Maybe a BETTER and less expensive place will come available.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 4, 2013
4:36 AM

Post #9374917

We shall continue to look. I am truly disappointed as this place was sooooo ideal. It had huge rooms and a "quilt" room with four closets!! It had a small patio with Iris and herbs and Rose of Sharon right beside my door. And on the other side of the house was a larger patio with a koi pond and such beautiful landscaping. I had a garage and a barn with two horses!!!! It had 10.5 acres of land to roam in if desired!! Can you tell how disappointed I am??? Not worried about a roof over my head just yet. We are really trying to make a change BEFORE we have to make one...If nothing else, this has me weeding out and giving away and tossing!!!!
But such is life and I can still dream. Busy with the mundane laundry today.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 4, 2013
5:52 AM

Post #9374969

Sounds like it was a really nice place! But HE has other plans, so you just take care of your self, and please don't over do it!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 4, 2013
7:00 AM

Post #9375044

Only do what I can LK. I push just a bit each day to maintain and help to not deteriorate any more than possible. I still have too much to do !!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 4, 2013
4:23 PM

Post #9375640

(((((((Barb)))))))) 2 horses? I would have come to visit!! A quilt room?!?! AND a rose of sharon? That would have given you inspiration to sew a Rose Of Sharon quilt, doncha think?
I agree with LK though - HE has other plans for you, and perhaps a "clean-out" was in order... :-)

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

January 4, 2013
8:49 PM

Post #9375875

OMG Barb what a roller coaster. Please let me know if I can help with anything if you need help moving please let me know Kev and I are more than happy to help you. I feel just so aweful for you. Please don't be afraid to tell me if you need anything. (((((hugs))))).
Cher

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 5, 2013
1:39 PM

Post #9376327

Just home, Home Sweet Home nothing like it.

Heart just breaks seeing how set you were to have found the house of your dreams and to have to pass on it..above all, your health is what needs tending to.

I'm up to getting the pieces done, I will start with the one I received before heading south so that when the ones you are sending arrive I'll get them off and out to their next destination..again Barb, anything you need just let me know!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 5, 2013
2:44 PM

Post #9376394

Hugs to all of you - having troubles, home safe, medical issues, or whatever else you're happy or concerned about...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 14, 2013
6:42 PM

Post #9385221

Pat (Anjismon) sent me an cmail, and this (in part) is what she said:

"Don't have the energy God gave a turtle. I promise I will get the three centers I have out by March."

I told her to take care, and we won't push her - we will get the centers when she can send them

Everyone here knows that "life happens", right?!?!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 14, 2013
8:27 PM

Post #9385412

right.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2013
4:01 AM

Post #9385563

Pat needs to take all the time she needs. I think we all knew when we started these that we would get them when we got them!!!! People first...
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2013
4:03 AM

Post #9385564

ok with me

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 15, 2013
4:16 PM

Post #9386437

Yes, my "end of May = returned to the originators" was wishful thinking, but we know we Will get them back, and oh what fun when we do!
Definitely "People first!"
I'm so glad I started this - I was a little unsure that anyone would want to join, but once we started and ironed out the "kinks" we got 2 groups instead of one LOL

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 19, 2013
5:30 PM

Post #9390587

Something up for discussion...
Because Dorothy has passed away, I vote we send Dorothy's quilt to her sister Mary. Obviously it's still working its way through the group.

I heard that Anita has Dorothy's quilt now, but she's running "ragged" and will do what she can.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

January 19, 2013
9:52 PM

Post #9390864

Oh that is sad news. I just read back and missed that Dorothy passed away. Prayers for her family.
That is a nice thing to do Susan and I am sure her Sister will cherish it.
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 19, 2013
10:04 PM

Post #9390870

yes, and as we don't want to have her sister Marti to have to finish it (she should get a finished quilt!) I'm going to finish it for her.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

January 19, 2013
10:20 PM

Post #9390875

That it sweet Susan. I agree if you ned help let me know.
Cher

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9391028

Please let us know if you need anything to get it finished Susan. Great idea.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 20, 2013
2:32 PM

Post #9391528

Audrey posted:
I think that's a great thing to do. Marti knows how much all of this meant to her.

I know that I have the batting, but will need to see the top before deciding on a backing. That's somewhere around May, I'm hoping, as that's our decided-upon return of the tops to the originators. Does anyone have a picture of the top as it is right now?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2013
3:21 AM

Post #9396901

I would be happy to make the binding for you if you could give me a preferance for size, I usually do 2 1/4" or 2 1/2", and color.
Mittsy

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

January 25, 2013
4:04 AM

Post #9396912

I'll accept your offer, Mittsy.
Remember though - it's going to be a few more months before I get the top.
Remind me when I post the final picture when I get it.
As to the binding, as with everything on these RR tops - it's up to the person who adds it so you will have the say on this.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 25, 2013
4:30 AM

Post #9396925

Mornimg all

Barb I shall get into post office later this afternoon, hopefully the projects will be amongst the mail...will let you know.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2013
5:48 AM

Post #9416402

I received a box today with three centers. One for Audrey for me to finish; one to add two borders for Betty (one for Audrey and one for me) and mine --- ALL DONE. I'm asking if a photo should be shown yet?
I haven't taken one yet but will tomorrow. Off for appointments in a little while...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 12, 2013
5:52 AM

Post #9416406

I have 2 to finish and send off, thought I'd have them done and sent by now but feeling under the weather ..promise to get them out ASAP..
Little intimidated by Susan's..gorgeous piece, just not sure what to do with it..hmmm

Anxious to see photo of mine Barb..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 12, 2013
5:27 PM

Post #9417087

Barb - Yours is ALL done?!?!
I for one would LOVE to see the all done top!!!!!!!
hmmmmmm has it been That long since we started that some tops are done/almost done? wow!
Really looking forward to seeing everyone's finished piece!

I'm going to make another thread called "Our finished tops"
Look for it later tonight...

This message was edited Feb 12, 2013 6:30 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2013
6:08 AM

Post #9417507

Betty - here is yours before I add my border and Audrey's - Hope to have them done by the weekend...
This just came out of the box - not even pressed yet but here it is...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2013
8:08 AM

Post #9417624

thanks Barb, bet it will be lovely once the other borders are on and it's quilted..

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2013
9:28 AM

Post #9417730

that is going to be wonderful...well it is now!!!

Ya know what I mean!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2013
9:29 AM

Post #9417731

Audrey's is done - complete!!! I'm not sure if she can photograph or not. But I have a picture!!!! Won't post it until I hear from Audrey.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 13, 2013
6:21 PM

Post #9418298

Here's where we can post pictures of our completed tops, when we get them back:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298241/

OR, the person who completes it can post the picture, if the owner doesn't mind.

This message was edited Feb 13, 2013 7:23 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2013
3:02 AM

Post #9418529

Happy Valentines Day everyone..

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2013
3:56 AM

Post #9418553

Happy Valentine's Day to all...
Audrey has given me permission to post a picture of her quilt - I will do so on the completed quilt tops thread.
After I get mine pressed, I will take a photo and post that one too!!!
And then---after I get these last two borders on Betty's, I'll post that one too!!!!!
Glad I have a great camera that is easy to use!!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 14, 2013
4:06 AM

Post #9418561

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2013
4:07 AM

Post #9418563

The picture didn't come out!!! I'll try again.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2013
4:09 AM

Post #9418565

I looked in the wrong thread and thought I didn't post it right. Now the picture is in both!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 14, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9419207

It's a beautiful quilt, Barb, and I saw that Audrey loves it!
I'm proud to say I've worked on it with a bunch of talented quilters!!

Not worried about it being in both threads - just means that Everyone will get a chance to see it!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2013
12:57 PM

Post #9436663

I sent a c-mail to Dorothy's sister, Marti, just in case centers sent to her were not sent to Anita (who is sending centers to me...)
I've asked about Pat's deer, Thunder's sun, Cher's puppy, and my butterfly.
I also d-mailed to Pat (Anjlsmom) to see what centers she may have, and if she can't do them, to send them on.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2013
2:53 PM

Post #9436760

I have some good news!!

Pat just c-mailed me:
"I am working on the centers now. Should have them out by next week sometime. I have your center, one that is red/black/white with a dog center and on that is purple/green/yellow/orange. Don't remember who they belong to. Sorry it has taken so long. Have had a hard time getting motivated this winter. Hopefully I will do better now.
Thanks for all the hugs. Pat"

so Cher - your puppy is with Pat, and Anita - so is your center, and my butterfly center!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2013
3:00 PM

Post #9436766

Oh wait - that's not Anita's ... it's got to be Thunder's!! She didn't post a pic, but it's the right group... and as for Cher's - I was right, I sent it to the wrong group!!!!!!
I was feeling a little down, and confused at that point (not working for awhile, and this obviously affected the correct sending - blush!!!).
anyway, we now know where Cher's puppy is, and I'll have her send it to me, so it can go to BARB!
Instead of working on it, that is.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2013
3:09 PM

Post #9436774

Susan, have her send it here, since it was supposed to come here anyways.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2013
3:13 PM

Post #9436780

I just sent her a c-mail, asking her to send it to you, and gave her your address.
and it's Cher's, Thunder's and mine, from the description.
I am SO pleased!
Now, she only has mine and Thunder's to work on, so less for her to worry about.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2013
3:28 PM

Post #9436796

Thanks, I will let you know when it arrives.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2013
3:44 PM

Post #9436808

Great! I'm pleased that our MIA centers have been found.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2013
5:21 AM

Post #9437155

Thanks for tracking them down Susan...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 3, 2013
7:29 PM

Post #9437955

you're welcome :-)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2013
7:32 PM

Post #9437957

Yep, they were not even mine and I AM GREATLY relieved!!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 3, 2013
8:02 PM

Post #9437977

Geeze - now not sure if it's Thunder's, or Anita's - have c-mailed to Pat to confirm... is it Thunder's Sun, or Anita's batik?
anyway - she's sending Cher's puppy to LindaKay on Monday.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2013
8:11 AM

Post #9438291

Anjlsmom/Pat has Anita's center, not Thunder's.
She just got back to me about this :-)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2013
8:32 AM

Post #9438323

yup..that's what I thought...Anita SHOULD have mine.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2013
8:38 AM

Post #9438331

I still haven't heard from Anita - I'll message her again.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
8:45 AM

Post #9447966

Just heard from Anita, and she says:
"I'm good. I picked up the materials last night. I'm mailing today. I do have Thunder, Dorothy and Mitsy center."

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9448770

Anita posted:
Hi Ladies, I'm sorry I was not able to respond to your posts more quickly. I have been extremely busy with work. I haven't been able to log on or do any sewing. As Susan posted I did have Dorothy, Thunder and Missy's centers. I mailed all three yesterday. It could take up to 10 days for Susan to get the centers.

My response:
Actually Anita - although they say that, I usually get them within a week. They always give the "worst case scenario"... Anyway, now that they're on their way, we're all happy I'm sure!

Tater's post:
Hey Anita, glad to see you posting. Sorry to hear your working so hard, hope your knee is not bothering you too much?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 16, 2013
9:28 AM

Post #9451261

Pat posted Friday:
"I mailed Susan's center to Thunder today. I will mail the remaining center out on the 28th when I get paid. Then I will be back on track."

Thunder says she'll be watching for it.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 18, 2013
6:40 PM

Post #9454047

Thunder posted:
Susan, I got your center from Pat today..

Me:
This would be the Butterfly center I made.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 18, 2013
7:35 PM

Post #9454121

BLIZZARD goig on..drats

Greg came over tonight, could just hug him, he's a busy man with his work and yet found 3 hrs. to help me finish putting the quilting frame together..

Before leaving he encouraged me (as though I need encouragement) to go and purchase proper sewing machine for the unit..will go looking when I get back from Florida.

Hard watching someone work so off to bed I go..might just have to get up extra early to make sure I'm shovelled up. Couldn't this storm have waited till I fly out Friday for Florida???

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 18, 2013
7:44 PM

Post #9454131

heard from Alice, and IT'S A GO!! Mom will be moving in about 2 weeks to the Thorvaldson House.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2013
8:04 PM

Post #9454161

Betty, that is so nice! I thought you had a machine that would work with it?
Susan, I hope your Mom was not too upset with the news?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 18, 2013
8:07 PM

Post #9454167

LindaKay, just bought the large throat saphire, who would have known that the hand stitch regulator won't work with it..might try it using foot petal as a temporary fix..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2013
8:12 PM

Post #9454177

Sorry to hear it does not work.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 18, 2013
10:28 PM

Post #9454313

no, my Mom wasn't upset - the owner/administrator knows how to talk to people so they want to move in there.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 19, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9454442

Glad to hear that!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 19, 2013
7:06 AM

Post #9454565

GLAD to hear it Susan, makes things a LOT easier!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2013
8:09 AM

Post #9454653

Happy for your Mom Susan and I"m sure this eases some worry from your mind...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9454662

Happy for your family Susan, big weight off your mind. Al;so glad to hear your center has been located and is now where it should be.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 19, 2013
10:51 AM

Post #9454835

Yes, was a great relief when I got the email. Annoys me that Ruth forgot to email to me to let me know... feel SO out-of-the-loop...
But, I had a good talk with Alice and after we discussed Mom, she told me more about her cancer treatments, and the "cyber knife" they will use for her lungs. It's sure less invasive than surgery and for that I'm grateful. Alice has been fighting this cancer for 15 years, so she's doing pretty good, but it's still a worry...
I'd like to be in Winnipeg to give them all a hug...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 19, 2013
12:16 PM

Post #9454902

Cyber Knife seems to be a good thing. My son's heart bypass surgery was done that way and he had a very good, quick recovery.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 19, 2013
12:41 PM

Post #9454930

Alice had 3 regular surgeries on her lungs, and is (if that's the right phrase) looking forward to having this less invasive procedure done...
Still not approved yet, but she seems hopeful that it will be.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 26, 2013
9:42 AM

Post #9462592

I got Dorothy's center from Anita, and I don't think Dorothy had posted a picture of it.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 26, 2013
10:26 AM

Post #9462624

What a cute panel..guess you are wondering whT to do with it?

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 26, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9462664

I have a bolt of a cute blue with snowmen, would be perfect on it.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 26, 2013
11:23 AM

Post #9462690

Well, for those I received from Anita today, she enclosed some fabric so I can do them for her, then I need to come up with something for My addition. It's going to be awhile, because I have 4 to do times 2 additions...
Thunder sent a generous amount of pieces so I can put together a border using hers, and Anita sent some fabric for the others.
I won't even look at my stash to see what to put on, just yet, because then I'd confuse myself LOL

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 26, 2013
7:06 PM

Post #9463294

You're a trooper Susan!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 27, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9463674

"Marching along" Isn't that what troopers do? LOL
Thanks Pat. I'd like to get these 4 back on track, cuz a couple of the original centers have already been received, completed!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 27, 2013
7:26 AM

Post #9463676

Thunder posted:
one stitch at a time Susan...glad to know you got them!!
Dorothy's center is wonderful, of course I do love snow people

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 27, 2013
8:57 AM

Post #9463786

Thunder posted:
I am in the planning stage on yours Susan

Me: ooooh - you have my Butterfly!
You can post it to the "work in progress" thread - I would like to see it!! (Getting excited!!).
There are a lot of coloured fabrics sent with yours, Thunder, and I'm trying to figure out which one I will work on first, of the four... I want to do them all justice!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2013
3:46 AM

Post #9464655

Where are we on the one for me (Peggy's Christmas gift)? How many have added to my center?

Thumbnail by mittsy

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
8:44 AM

Post #9464888

Mittsy - I just got yours - here's what it looks like now.
I have 3 borders to add to it (Dorothy's, Anita's and mine), then I will send it to you.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
8:50 AM

Post #9464897

Here's what it looks like - I need to add Dorothy's, Anita's and my borders, then will send it to you, Mittsy!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2013
8:58 AM

Post #9464908

Susan, the picture does not get any larger when I click on it!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
12:18 PM

Post #9465092

I know... for some reason it won't get larger for me either, in DG.
I'll check and see what's up, and will post shortly.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
12:22 PM

Post #9465098

This looks like it may be Thunder's and Dorothy's additions, in which case I only have Anita's and my borders to add.
I hope this picture opens larger...

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
12:25 PM

Post #9465099

and it did...
the first one is one I took off of a posting, and maybe that's why it didn't open larger, I don't know.
And I think this is Pat's and Thunder's addition of borders.
If so, then I still have Dorothy's, Anita's and mine to add.
Let me know, so I have enough fabric - and I'm Sure I do...
I want to make sure I put the right widths of each border on.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2013
2:26 PM

Post #9465190

Susan, that is very pretty!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
2:31 PM

Post #9465193

Isn't it though?! Mittsy did a lovely job :-)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
2:36 PM

Post #9465196

LK - I have a question for you re: binding. I was looking at a video re: binding a quilt.
Without thinking, I cut it 2 1/2" wide, and 4 sides worth - each cut overly long so I had more than needed, rather than too short.
In going by this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWh90tXr7g4 It shows how to add all the pieces together so it goes all the way around.
Here's my question - Do you, or anyone else, make sure the joining of the binding is in the same spot all the time, or does it really matter?
I'm a persnickety person, I'm trying to relax this part of me...
It's the lap quilt I'm making for myself.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2013
5:11 PM

Post #9465299

I like that way of doing the. I ding, and no, I don't put the joint seams in the same spot all the time, I just start somewhere on the right side of the quilt, and go around, and join.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 28, 2013
8:04 PM

Post #9465434

That's what I ended up doing, LK - I looked at the video again, and she said "start anywhere" so I took her at her word lol

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 28, 2013
9:19 PM

Post #9465499

Continued: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304744/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America