Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Round Robin Quilt 2012 - work in progress

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

There are some who would not mind seeing their "work in progress".
If you'd rather not, and want to be "pleasantly surprised", please let us know here.

People who would like to see the "work in progress" are:
Mittsy
Thunder
Susan

Surprise us!
Barb
Audrey
Dorothy

This message was edited Jun 5, 2012 10:36 PM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

WONDERFUL... I can see work in progress!!! I get to enjoy without the work and time right now. I'm grateful for that!

LOL Pat - I meant those that are in the groups. Some of them want to be Surprised and see the tops when they receive them back after all the borders are attached - others want to see the work in progress on their centers

Oh I know what you meant... but it means I get to enjoy pictures of the work in progress in spite of not being IN this particular swap. PICTURES... quilting and freinds... an AWESOME combination

(grin) you Betcha, Pat!!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

it is a ok if pictures are posted of mine also.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I still want to be surprised!!!!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Anyone needing my addy, I have updated it in the exchange. It will be good until beginning of October 2012. Thanks for your patience.
Mittsy

here is another peek at my center......trying to decide on colors for the frame.....

Thumbnail by barefootT
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

OOOOOhhhhhh I love that Thunder I love funky colors great job!!!!!!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thunder that is beautiful! Do you have any yellow or gold fabric? That may set off all those colors?

I like what you showed!!!! They really POP!!!!!

yellow was one of my thoughts....

I agree with gold - matches with the gold already in the piece...........

Here's what Mittsy posted re my center:
Here we are, all ready to go to tthe post office tomorrow. I like the little embroidered butterflies. My dear friend Fran let me shop in her stash for the beautiful brown as I couldn't find any locally. She's such a treasure, keep her in your prayers and positive thoughts, she is facing putting her husband into a nursing home.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

No postings since June 4th? This is my only connection to the sewing and quilting threads. Couldn't we please have an update of where we are. I don't even know if I should be looking for something in my mailbox.

I sent my center to Audrey. I received a center from LindaKay, added its' borders and sent that to Audrey. I have not received anything since.....and that was at least a month ago...

Mittsy, Barb - my apologies...... I've been seeing posts on Cubits, and not pasting them into here.....
I'll go check and copy/paste the comments in.
Again, my apologies

June 4 - Audrey - Do we get our centers back? I didn't know that!
My reply - yes, we each get our own centers back, with everyone's contribution of borders on it. Then you can either make it larger for a bed quilt, or use it as a large lap quilt......... your choice!!
That's why you got to choose what you want as a center, cuz it's YOURS!!
I can't remember - do you want to see the progression of your center as borders are added?
Audrey - No
Me - ooooooooooK then - I'll post it in the Works In Progress thread that you Don't want to see your progression

June 5
Lavonne/Dorothy - I am going to post my center but don't want to see progress when it begins its rounds....cause I LOVE surprises!
Me - okie dokie - will add you to the list of "want to be surprised"!

June 29 - Cher posted - "Wanted to bump this up. Has everyone received their centers?? I am stilll waiting for one no rush I am just wondering where we are."
Lavonne - I have not sent mine or thunder's to Anita yet...but am working on both...
Me - okie dokie Dorothy - we know you were sick for awhile, and it's understandable (heck, you were in the hospital at one point!).

June 30
Lavonne - yeah...that's true, but I promised Marti that I would be a good girl and not do that again while she is still in Calif. We're counting the days until she is back home...she has loads of plans for us to do...gardening, sewing, gourds, rocks and trips. She wants to go to the beach (east coast) next year and to Arkansas for diamond hunting...among other things.

Me -Posted by me, in answer to Cher:
"I know mine has been received, and I got one - your puppy!
I got another piece of fabric to put in the border (blush - I haven't done it yet...). TONIGHT I will put the borders on yours, Cher, and send it off!!!"
Mitsy said: I haven't received any yet.
Barb - I sent my center to Audrey. I received Linda's center, added my border to it and sent it on to Audrey as well...
Mitsy - received Susan's butterfly center and sent it on to Pat. I had already sent mine to Pat (Christmas center) for my daughter's MIL. I just thought we were discussing number 2 at this point.
Susan - Oh no... I haven't gotten one of my centers from the originator...
I think others are in the same "boat"
Thunder - I sent mine to Dorothy, and I have Pat's, which I am still working on..
Cher - Oh okay good as long as we are still working. I haven't gotten mine from the originator yet that is what I meant as well. Thanks Cher
Susan - Cher - your originator is Betty, and I know she has DG company - weekend Gathering at her house.
I'm not sure what her schedule is, otherwise.
Cher - That is fine Susan, no rush just wanted to know where we were at this point. I will be pretty busy with my awareness quilt for a couple of weeks so no worries.
Thank you for the update. Cher
Susan - Thank YOU for bumping the thread up. I really do appreciate it.

July 2 - Anita - Will try to get mine mailed soon

July 5 - Betty posted:
"Well gals, I've been MIA..between being ill then hosting Daves Garden 2012 Sistah's Gathering which went off 100% I am now looking forward to fulfilling my responsibilities...
Am home tomorrow, hoping to post both my insert and Aurdrey's strips and in the mail by Saturday morning..back on track I'll be!!!"

Audrey - Question for you from Betty! She posted: "Susan, machine and fabric is out ready for an early morning start, can you ask Audrey please if the fabric that came with the insert is to be used or can I add fabric that I have??" Consider yourself asked, Audrey

July 7 - Anita - I posted a question in the other forum about my center not being the correct size. I have been trying to come up with different centers in the correct measurements. The best I could do is 21 x 21. Would it be best to send that with money to cover costs for additional fabric or get material and cut it to the correct measurements?
My reply - Anita - don't worry about the "extra" size - my goodness, it's only 6" diameter more - I think we're good covering that! No one will be cutting the border lengths prior to receiving your center, so they will just do the sections as they will fit. No problems!!

July 8 Barb - Love your center Anita. So colorful!!!
Audrey - I didn't send extra fabric with mine to Betty in Canada! Sent Barb's with mine, no extra fabric, unless there was some with Barb's
Me - I didn't send extra fabric either - it was a choice, NOT a requirement, so no worries, k?
Audrey - I just figured out what she meant. My center is just a fabric square! I hope she doesn't cut it up! I did sign it! I guess she didn't realise it was my center! I sent it with Barb's.
Me - I just spoke to Betty, and she knows it's your center - so she's adding a border to it, to send it on Tomorrow!
She's also adding the second border to Barb's and they will both be sent on tomorrow.
So, no panic, k?
Anita - Whew! Thanks Susan! I was struggling trying to get the correct measurements. Thanks Barb!
Me - Glad your panic's ended

July 19 - Betty posted:
Cher, could you post letting me know if you have or did not receive the inserts..should have been there by now!

July 20 - Anita - Susan, did you recieve my center, yet?
Me - Nope, not yet Anita

July 23 - Me - Anita - your center came today!! How lovely is this?!?!?! I'm sure I have material that will go with it - it's beautiful!
Anita - Awww, Susan that is nice of you to say. I cannot wait to see what everyone adds to it. this will be fun.

Now - up to date?

Thanks.

You're welcome, Mittsy!

Audrey just posted:
I've not been able to do any sewing lately. I may have to have hiatal (SP) surgery. I'm seeing the surgeon 8/01. I'm sew sick and tired of being sick and tired! I do have the fabric for Linda's. though. I'm still thinking of another color though, to go with it. Her center is really beautiful! Wish I had one like it!

I have not seen any photos in a while and I'm having withdrawal symptoms!! Where's the pictures??? Us lurkers are looking for vicarious pleasure!

hahahaha well, apparently my center has its first border, and I'd like to see it too, actually.......

All I have done so far is send my center (NO photos please) and Linda Kay's center on to Audrey. I didn't take a picture of LKs but don't know if she wants to be surprised or not. Her name is not listed on the first post. I haven't received any more to work on....

I'm really disappointed in this swap. I only picked one to participate in as I have a lot going on with mom. There's been hardly any pictures and very little commentary. Perhaps it's all going on at another location? I just can't seem to find the time to look here and Cubits, too.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Susan, I did not take a photo, but maybe when Barb gets it and gets her border added she can post a picture. She should have it any day now.
No, I don't want to see mine till it is finished.

Nothing is going on there either MIttsy. I don't know what is going on. The only one I have heard anything about is Audrey and she has been sick.

I don't mind seeing mine at any stage........

Mittsy - hope you don't stay disappointed....... I think it just need a "jump start"
Thanks for your "nudge" lol

I got Susan's peacock center today from LK. Susan - did you want pictures or not???? I'll take one berfore I add and again after I add - then I'll be prepared for your answer.....

I know when the state fair starts that fall is not far behind, so we've been here 4 months and I did my center and put one border on Susan's. I feel like we're behind.

Barb, if you check the first post, you'll see that Susan has posted she would like pictures as do I and Thunder. Guess I need to go back to the very beginning and read it over.

I know we're falling behind (just as Fall is about to hit, eh?)
I hope this "nudges" us all to take a more active role in getting the centers off "and running"!
Cooler weather means we'll likely be indoors more.
I think I have one more week at my job, and then I'll be home until I can find either another temp one, or hopefully a permanent job. Regardless, I have 2 centers to send off.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm anxiously waiting to something to come in the mail so I can work on it..more time on my Hans to be a bit more creative!

If it helps the juices flowing by seeing photo's I say post mine, always anxious to see progress

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Sorry Ladies I think Imust be the hold up here now but I got 3 sent to me all at once and have finally finished my Cancer quilts and they are off to their places. Now I am rolling on to these 3 centers.I haven't forgotten you I promise.
Cher

Victoria Harbour, ON

Look forward to receiving them..

What an earthly angel you are to put so much time and effort into those cancer quilts, am sure they will greatly appreciated!

Cher - please tell me you took pictures of the quilts!!! I'd love to see how they came out.

Hey ladies - glad to see some chat activity here!! :-)

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

yes there where pictures Ijust have to upload them. been really crazy for me here I have had some strange swelling issues and soooooo tired. I went to a dr and he said ok we will run some tests but I think we are gonna hit a dead end and we will just chaulk this up to getting old. I am only44 for cryin out loud but ok. Well long story short I have Lupus and Mr. Dr man feels a little like a fool for saying that. Never ends the stuff that keeps comin at ya. But yes i will post the pics the quilts came out wonderful I think and I gave credit where credit was due let me tell you. I have sold 40 dollars in tickets so far and just got permission from my boss to sell raffles at work so that is gonna be great. We just mailed the sister quilt to my dear SIL and she should get hers Monday WOW cost 50 dollars to send to her ouch but so worth it if she feels all the love that went into it from me and all of you Thank you sooooo very much.
Cher

(((((((((((((Cher))))))))))))) sorry to hear about the Lupus........darn Dr for not looking into this further, earlier....... 44 Is Not Old, for pete's sake!! What was he thinking................?!

I've got to read up on Lupus. I don't know much about it. And Susan is right - 44 is NOT OLD. Hope this finds your SIL doing good and I will be patient regarding the pictures!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.