Pictures of Cornish Hen chicks?

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I am supposed to have at least 3 chicks in my menagerie but can't identify them. I can find lots of photos of chickens but not many of chicks. Mine are old enough to have wing feathers and some of the other feathers are growing in, too. Does anyone have any photos so maybe I can figure out which they are?

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

You'll need to scroll to the bottom, but maybe this will help :)

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Cornish/BRKCornish.html#CornChix

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Have seen that site. I can't tell by the stockiness of the legs as I have a couple of other breeds at this age that also look stocky. I can rather tell by the wing patterns but would like to see better from the sides. Mine are just beginning to get feathers on their backs.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

For me that's the hardest time to figure out what they'll look like as adults. I can find pictures of hatchlings and adults, but not many in between. I have some mixed chicks that looked like they would grow up to be black when they hatched, but now there are white, blue and mixed feathers showing. Guess I'll find out *g*. I checked the Chicken Calculator with the possible parents, but they don't list white crested birds, so no idea if that's a factor.

Hope you can figure it out. I remember vaguely that my Dark Cornish Chicks had a distinctive "stance", but can't think how to describe it...

(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the site Cat. They are just lovely. I don't know how I got this way, but I just love chickens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.