Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Recipes: Hoping for Banana Bread recipes for the Bread Machine?

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 6, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 6, 2012
9:12 PM

Post #9113405

I'm craving a good banana bread and hoping I can make it in the bread machine.

Does anyone have a recipe or experience to share? Kristi

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 7, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9113870

A banana yeast bread? I've never seen or tried one. Most banana bread recipes are quick breads and I guess you *could* bake them in a bread machine, but you wouldn't want to knead the batter, which is half the goodness of the bread machine.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 7, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9114001

I'm sorry... I didn't mean a 'yeast' bread. I realize most banana breads are made with baking soda and baking powder and then baked in the bread machine also. That is what I was wanting to try.

Most of the bread machine recipes call for mixing the blend, then skipping to the baking cycle.
It sounds so easy as one doesn't even need to mash the bananas.

I've read thru my bread machine cookbooks and also been online searching. I was hoping there were recommendations from someone here for a favorite recipe.

Thanks though, for responding... Kristi

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 7, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9114141

Interesting - I would have never thought about doing that. Just one note of caution (from someone who turns out a mean loaf of banana bread, if I do say so myself :-) Be careful about a dump-everything-and-bake method; quick breads need a light touch to keep from overworking the flour and making it tough. On the other hand, bananas need to be mashed well or you'll wind up with chunks of bananas throughout...it won't bake evenly, and the result will be less-than-tasty.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 7, 2012
1:06 PM

Post #9114256

All right ~ thanks. I'll report the results when I tackle it.

Meanwhile if anyone else has any experience, I'm hoping they will report in too.
annabelle15
Niles, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 19, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9129468

This is my favorite, and as a bonus, you can make it in the bread machine or as an oven baked bread. Just mix as you would a regular recipe and place in a loaf pan, and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
cup butter or margarine
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tbs sour milk (2 tbs milk and 1 tbs vinegar, mixed together)
2 cups all-purpose flour
cup sugar
1 teas baking soda
1 teas baking powder
teas salt
- cup chopped nuts
cup chocolate chips

Place the bananas, in bread pan, add the milk, egg, and butter
In another bowl combine rest of the ingredients and stir together, add to the bread bowl
Select Quick Bread setting; Press Start/Stop
When unit signals and display reads 0:00, press Start/Stop
Remove bread from pan and unplug machine
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 19, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9130014

Annabelle ~ thanks for taking the time to post your recipe... and for making me feel that I'm not crazy for wanting to try this.

Interesting that your recipe has chocolate chips too. It sounds yummy and worth a try ~ thank you. Kristi

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America