Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Beer, Corn and Rubber: Paul's work is much appreciated

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Beer, Corn and Rubber
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Beer, Corn and RubberReplies: 2, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
GardenRiot
Ashville, OH

May 7, 2012
4:21 AM

Post #9113600

I really appreciate Paul taking the time to find the reputable research on these home garden remedies, and his folksy writing style makes me smile.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 7, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9113777

I agree, thanks, Paul!
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

May 7, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9114657

I thank you too Paul, even if you have me worried about the sand added to the clay soil.
I am confused on it some what.
But confused or not - I am learning.
I also considered a couple of years ago to get some rubber to put on some black plastic - to keep weeds out between two narrow lines of shrubs. I did not know about the heavy metals. Cadmium is bad stuff!

Al - is the second most abundant element on the earth and in nature is always hooked to silicon which makes it pretty safe. Our bodies have ways of getting rid of it, but still in pure form without the silicon it might not be all that safe.. It is the main ingredient in vaccines and by- passing the digestive track it could be the reason that the autism is rising, Kawaskis, alziheimers, diabeties, ALS, MS, lupus, mitochondria cytopathy (energy cycle disrupted), thyroid problems; basically all the autoimmune diseases. That is how they make vaccines cheap. A little pathogen protein and a lot of Al will evoke a strong immune response.

I suppose if the rubber mulch was not up hill to something, rain that fell on it soaked into the ground, or mulching non food items - but basically it is really ugly too - isn't it?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Beer, Corn and Rubber Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good advice Cville_Gardener 0 May 7, 2012 2:56 AM
slugs and stuff jazzy1okc 0 May 7, 2012 4:18 AM
Spot on! poisondartfrog 0 May 7, 2012 4:22 AM
Thanks! Mike2147 0 May 7, 2012 4:25 AM
Gypsum for clay campsharyn 35 Jul 21, 2012 6:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America