Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

May 8, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9116152

Small but pretty Roxanne knows its name starts out varigated and then looses the varigation

This message was edited May 10, 2012 8:42 AM

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Click the image for an enlarged view.

lourspolaire

lourspolaire
Delray Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 8, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9116319

Lovely passionflower. I would be interested in exchanging cuttings with you. Here are pictures of mine. It is a vigorous grower and a wonderful bee attractor. There is a bee on the first picture.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire   Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

May 9, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9116838

Sure sounds good to me does it have a name?

lourspolaire

lourspolaire
Delray Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 9, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9117444

Hi.

The label reads passiflora incarnata. It's something I got from another gardener 2 years ago. I can't vouch for the veracity of the name, but it's growing well.

Please let me have your address so I can mail your cuttings. I use prepaid Priority Mail boxes to ensure the plants get to their destination as quickly as possible and at a reasonable cost. You can use whichever means you deem fit to ship yours; I'm definitely not fussy.

I'll D-mail you my mailing address.

Take care.
Sylvain.

This message was edited May 9, 2012 2:42 PM
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 10, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9118244

Your Passiflora isn't P. incarnata - perhaps it's Passiflora foetida or Love-in-a-Mist. Post it on the i.d. forum and try to get a positive i.d.
Xeramtheum
Summerville, SC
(Zone 8a)

May 10, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9118266

When I saw Sylvain's I thought P foetida as well .. definitely not incarnata. Love that Roxanne.

This is a picture of the P foetida var. gossypifolia. I don't have the plain foetida but would love to trade for some .. and some of your Roxanne too Dana.

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

May 10, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9118823

OK heres its name P. Sanguinolenta nice flower it has more buds coming from the time you see the bud you don't have to wait long to see the flower

Thumbnail by Danasplants

lourspolaire

lourspolaire
Delray Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 10, 2012
6:27 PM

Post #9119185

Hi.

I have to defer to your observation that this may indeed be P. foetida. I was driving around 2 years ago when I noticed this passionflower that had completely overtaken both sides of a fence. A guy was tending his plants outside. I stopped the car and walked over to see the vines. He was very friendly and handed me a broken pot with 4 rooted cuttings in it. They were healthy and obviously well established. A piece of venitian blind was stuck into the soil with p. incarnata scribble in blue crayon. He asked $5.00 for it, which I gladly paid. I never regretted the purchase. It has taken over my trellis completely. The catepillars eat it to almost nothing time and time again when they get to the leaves before I can douse the plant with a generous application of BT (or three). It always recovers quickly from the caterpillars' onslaught. And now, I'll make up another marker with p. foetida scribbled on it.

Thank you, all.

Sylvain.
Xeramtheum
Summerville, SC
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9119682

Awwww .. let the cats eat! They turn into butterflies and don't harm the plant at all!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

May 11, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9119738

Thats what I do they were put here and thats there food I love the butterflys

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America