Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Orioles

Whitehall, WI(Zone 4a)

We have, throughout the past years, had many orioles stop by our yard. I love to listen to them, and they are so easy to spot, thanks to their bright orange color. This year, however, is a little different....there are Orioles everywhere in our trees! At one point, I counted 17 males and 4 females just sitting in the branches. I put oranges out, and within an hour they are nothing but hollowed out orange skins! I love it! Just had to share :)

This message was edited May 8, 2012 4:51 PM

Thumbnail by m2ec
Whitehall, WI(Zone 4a)

2 more of the same bird

Thumbnail by m2ec Thumbnail by m2ec
Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Beeeeyooofeeefulllllll birds and great shors !!

I so want some ro come to our house

Charlotte, NC

I saw my first oriole(I think that's what it is, not 100%) in my yard last month (April)! I was so excited. He hung around for a couple days, but I haven't seen him since. I did manage to get a shot.

This message was edited May 11, 2012 10:52 AM

Thumbnail by clhart75
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from clhart75 :
I saw my first oriole(I think that's what it is, not 100%) in my yard last month (April)! I was so excited. He hung around for a couple days, but I haven't seen him since. I did manage to get a shot.

Yours is a Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Resin

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Congrats on your Baltimore Oriole. They sometimes visit my yard during fall migration. They are such beautiful birds.

Carla

Thumbnail by Loonie1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.