Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Poultry and Livestock: ZZ's Top Trio- Chauncey becomes a Papa!

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 12, Views: 95
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9117710

As most of you know, I adopted ZZ's three beautiful Seramas this Spring. Well, we have an announcement to make! Chauncey was chomping at the bits to let you all know right away!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9117719

Now when Tina and Gina first arrived they went to laying their eggies right away. I would grab them up and place them under My Tilly. Well she hatched off two of them just a little over a week ago. Since Tilly continued to hatching and got three more babies...Im not really sure who belongs to who as far as moms and Dads go. But they are the cutest little Serama babies...Until...

Thumbnail by Eufaula   Thumbnail by Eufaula
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9117726

Yesterday Tina and Gina started their "murmering" , which is what I call mommy whispers. I knew something must be happening , plus Chauncey was walking nervously around in the girls coop and even decided he should sleep in the nest with them!

Thumbnail by Eufaula   Thumbnail by Eufaula

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9117730

Sure enough .. here is the first of the true heirs to the Chauncey Stance! Now I know that there is at least one more soon to come!

Thumbnail by Eufaula   Thumbnail by Eufaula   Thumbnail by Eufaula

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9117732

Heh heh heh!!! Yep Here is #2 and one more eggie under Tina! Chauncey says," I done good! ...now Go Away!"

Thumbnail by Eufaula

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 9, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9117736

Tina and Gina Say, " Hrrrrrumpp! Just like a Man, You would think he did all the Work!"

Thumbnail by Eufaula

digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

May 9, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9117780

Precious
porkpal
Richmond, TX

May 9, 2012
8:56 PM

Post #9117987

Awwww! So cute!
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 11, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9119668

Oh Oh!!! I'm so tickled for you! Chauncy only has one son!! I was worried he wouldn't have anymore.. I'm so happy! His 2 babiez have better conformation than the parents do.. He is a good daddy.. I love Chauncy so much. Isn't he a silly lil guy? LOL
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2012
1:31 PM

Post #9120048

soooooo cute

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 14, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9122951

He's a silly little thing alright! He doesnt mind my being in the middle of their Family gatherings at all. but dont let another roo come around visiting! He can become the avenger really quick!! He had his first bath Saturday, now that was too funny. He actually liked it and stood the blow dryer really well. He even let me cut his spurs that had gotten waaaay to long. I applied a little Vet-rx to his legs, comb and wattle and he thought he was ready for "Show time"! Hes been "struttin' " ever since! I really love this fella! I know I will fall in love soon with the girl too, but Ive not wanted to handle them much since they went broody.
the Chicks are doing great! They share the two Moms back and forth! Tina and Gina do not fight over the babiez at all but share them perfectly! Chauncey just thinks the babiez are to be protected and hovered over, some times I think the Mom's just want him to back off! He gets a little tooo invloved and even wants to brood the babiez! Toooo funny!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

May 14, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9123267

I never noticed our roo's being so paternal . How sweet .
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
8:47 PM

Post #9136069

Oh that sounds so funny! He is a fighter if he needs to be.. that's why his comb is so messed up.. he lost it fighting other roos through the wire fence.. He is so comical.. I'm so glad you are primpin him all up.. Oh I bet he was acting like he was just tolerating it.. LOL The girls were never friendly.. but they are good if you have to catch them and work on em..

Thank you for posting this.. Just makes my day! :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America