Jeans: Not like they used to be!

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

In the past 10 years something has happened with jeans. I can't find ones that fit anymore. The sizing has changed so the waist is wider and they all gap in the back. I have to take a wide belt and cinch them in. Take a look at these old size 8 and the new ones. Anyone else noticed this? Aren't there any jeans left that are sized the old fashioned way?

Thumbnail by passiflora_pink
Richmond, TX

I've never had a waist really - my ribs almost overhand my hip bones (short- coupled!) so I wear men's jeans. I have found that the sizes do seem to be measuring bigger, however.

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

I tried just getting a smaller size but then they have thin legs and pinch in the hips. It's like they expect your waist and hips to be closer to the same size now. I haven't tried on men's jeans but maybe it would be worthwhile.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I have the same problem!! And not just with jeans either. I also have problems finding slacks to fit. I have to cinch in quite a bit on slacks and jeans I can't wear without a belt. They might fall off. lol

Richmond, TX

I don't know whether they make jeans or not, but Ariat's riding breeches have a triangular panel in the back of the waist to prevent gapping - so they say.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images