Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: How was you day? #342

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 156, Views: 807
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 10, 2012
6:27 PM

Post #9119187

Welcome, please join us.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1256249/

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 10, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #9119207

Thanks Sandy for the clean slate.

Was a good day here, sun was out all day, but it was still chilly. Got some plants potted up, some hen and chickens planted in a new place, did some deadheading of various plants, then had an appointment. After getting home from that, I rested then cooked supper.

DH and DS went fishing this afternoon. Caught a few, but I think they were disappointed.

Sandy, pretty roses, and a beautiful Andre. He looks slimmer with the hair gone.

Debbie this is not fair that you have to cook and entertain on Mother's Day weekend. I would insist that I had plenty of help with DH's birthday supper, and remind all of the kids what Sunday is!

Oh, another thing I did this morning is to pot up flowers for the ladies at church, then put paper and ribbons around the pots. They are pretty. Hope they are well received.

Dianne, you just do what you feel like doing. If it is a day of just going through pictures, or working puzzles, or cleaning, you need to do what you want to do. If you miss a part of the year of gardening, then you can have a fresh start next year. You have been so busy and neglecting yourself. Do what the whims tell you to do.

Bonnie, I don't think I have ever eaten an artichoke. I have led a very sheltered life. Hadn't eaten gucamole until I went to Austin Tx several years ago, and most of the food was so hot that I lived on it and chips for a week.

Great news. Casper is at our place now. DH brought him here this morning. He is in the dog kennel, until he gets used to being here. I don't think he would wander off, but he is pitiful sitting at the gate and howling to get out. I am going to be home tomorrow, and I will let him out and supervise him to make sure that he doesn't get on the road, or decide to go hunting in the woods. He has to have a very thorough bath before he is allowed to be inside. I would imagine that he has fleas. You all will be seeing more pics of him now that I don't have to go up to DBIL's place.

Sorry that I didn't speak to everyone, but I am tired and heading to bed.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 10, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9119230

Here is the recipe which I posted on the old post, then deleted.

Dianne, for the 3 artichokes I bought, I prepared this amount of stuffing. I have enough left over to stuff at least two more maybe three depending upon the size of the chokes.

STUFFED ARTICHOKES

3 - Large Artichokes

Do this ONLY when you are ready to stuff the chokes.

Prepare artichokes by cutting off pointy tips of each leaf with sharp scissors, starting at the bottom and working almost to the top. Cut the tips in the center off horizontally with a sharp knife, creating a flat surface. (See photo of chokes in pot). Rub all cut ends with fresh lemon and lemon juice and set aside

STUFFING

3 - 15oz containers of Progresso Italian Style Bead Crumbs

2 - 8 oz. containers of Kraft grated Romano Cheese

2 - Large Heads of Fresh Garlic - peeled

1 - Flat Can of Anchovies in Oil

1/2 C of Fresh Chopped Italian Parsley

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Empty the boxes of bread crumbs into a very large pot or bowl - large enough to be able to use to hold the choke over or even in when tackling the very messy task of stuffing the choke. In a food processor, chop all the parsley, add to the crumbs. Mix well. Add the Romano cheese to the bowl. Mix well. Without washing the food processor, put all the garlic cloves in the processor. Add the flat can of anchovies (sort of broken into small pieces) with the oil that is in the can. Process garlic and anchovies with small bursts of power until well combined. Turn processor to "on" position and slowly add the olive oil from the top of the processor chute until a slurry is formed. It should be the consistency of baby food bananas. Slowly add this to the bread crumb mixture in three batches. Putting it into the bowl each time in three or four different places and working it in with your spatula sort of like working butter into pastry dough. Do this three times until the slurry is incorporated into the bread crumbs. Next - and this is the hard part - you have to add more olive oil to moisten the bread crumbs more. This I did not measure. Sorry. All I can tell you is that the bread crumbs are still not wet when you finish adding the additional olive oil, but they have a little sheen to them. If I had to guess, I would say 1/2 - 3/4 cup of olive oil. It is important that the bread crumbs have a faint taste of olive oil.

Now you are ready prepare the artichokes for stuffing as described above. After you trim the chokes, turn them upside down and bang them hard on a hard surface to help open the leaves. Then work them gently with your hands to further open the leaves a little. Also trim the stems and try to cut them so they stand flat in the pot when you steam them. Now hold the choke over your pan/pot of stuffing and begin stuffing the outer bottom leaves, pulling the leaves out and filling each leaf with bread stuffing. Continue working all around the artichoke, opening as many leaves as you can. Pack the stuffing in tightly. Place the chokes in a tall dutch oven that has about an inch an a half of water in the bottom along with four or five cloves of fresh garlic, a splash of olive oil and a healthy dash of salt. When all chokes are in the pot. Place tight fitting cover on top and bring pot to boil. Turn heat down to maintain steady boil and cook approximately 45 min to 1 hr. Cooking time depends on how old and tough the artichokes are. You test doneness by removing one of the large, outer leaves near the bottom of the choke. If it pulls out easily and is tender when you scrape the flesh off the end of the leaf, then the chokes are done. Eat with your finders, removing the leaves as you go. Or each person can take a hunk into their plate. They keep well for several days in the fridge and also freeze well.

WOW! I am worn out just typing the recipe.

Bonnie

ēDave's Garden

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 10, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9119254

BonnieB I think it is great that there are still new things out there waiting for us to discover. I learned something new just last week - for true - and it was interesting, too. Only I am so old, I forgot what I learned. And that is not a joke!! Now that makes me mad!!! The ladies at church will be delighted with your flowers. What a love;y act of kindness. YAY! for little Casper.

No rain or storms for my area, but other parts of the state West of here have been hit hard. I wish the front would hurry and pass. My right knee is hurtling so badly I can hardly walk on it. Just put on an Icy Hot Patch. I have taken too many Aleve tabs today. Ditto Celebrex.

Since I am yawning, I am going to take my meds and try to get a decent nights sleep. The car has to be in by 9:00 in the morning. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9119268

My brother's wife is Italian. They always made stuffed artichokes at Christmas time. Sooooo good! I have never tried them myself.

well... I'm done for the week. I got a frozen dinner & a piece of chocolate moose cake. I promise I'll work out tomorrow before leaving for the airport. lol

Love that pic of Andre Sandy! Thanks for the new thread.

Dianne - I'm glad you are getting some visitors. I'm sure its healing for everyone. Will you put in some basil? I'm just so hungering for pesto for some pasta dishes I'm thinking about it too much.

BonnieB - glad to hear Casper will be joining the family.

Bonnie - So it was worth the time getting the hair done I gather?

And now I've forgotten all I was going to chat about. Oh well. I'm sure you'll forgive me?

Tam

earthling

earthling
Rowlett, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 10, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9119280

Bonnie, although I love artichokes, I have never had them stuffed. Thanks for posting your recipe, I also shared it with Sandy..I know we both will be trying it out.

Kris

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 11, 2012
1:29 AM

Post #9119397

Wouldn't you know the weather front is roaring through so loudly both the cats and I got up to see what was happening. So far it is just a severe thunderstorm warning. The big , fluffy. lugs must be back in their beds. Don't see them anywhere, I am going back to MY bed, too. Wait!!! It seems my bed IS their bed!!!!

Goodnight, again,

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2012
3:54 AM

Post #9119438

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 11, 2012
4:10 AM

Post #9119445

Good morning, Sandy. The rumbling in the sky has stopped here.

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 11, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9119487

Well, I managed to get in a two hour nap since my last post or rather a two hour continuation of last night's sleep. Anyway, for me, that's a good thing. I am charging up the battery for my Travel Scoot scooter. I am going to use it today here in town. When I am in my Q56, I can put it in the back without taking it apart, All I have to do is lower the tiller then it can ride upright, in the hatch-back area. I have no idea what my loaner car will be from Infiniti today, but even if I have to break the scooter down, it isn't much of a problem.

Hey! It's TGIF!!!

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9119503

Good morning, gee another chilly day here. Even turned on the heat. I guess I will go through changing clothes again today. Start out for the cool weather, and then lose some layers as the day goes on.

Mr. B is still in bed, and I guess he is smarter than I am. Going out in a bit and free Casper from the dog kennel. Bet he will have a ball sniffing and lifting his leg on new territory.

Oh, Susan, read of your prediciment, I am so hoping that the bunny will die peacefully after that horrible attack by the terrapin. ((hugs)) to you.

Dianne, hope that this day is better than yesterday, and the one before that. ((BIG HUGS))

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9119522

Darn, darn, darn!!!!! Just get the report on my back xrays and this is another thing I will just have to live with. More degeneration in the spine(this time in the upper sping) plus some "bridging" from one bone to another. I was so hoping I could find something that could be fixed.
Oh well that is life.

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 11, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9119593

(((Sandy)))
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9119772

Sandy, so sorry to hear your news. Is there anything that can be done? I have spinal stenosis, and all they recommend is moderate exercise, and I have been getting the epidurals in my back which gives relief, although not long lasting.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9119787

I too, hope the bunny dies peacefully poor thing! I have never heard of a turtle/terrapin killing anything larger than a earthworm...I toldhil, and he was surprised too.
Thunder...back later.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9119815

thanks I plan on starting a exercise program. There is a place where they have a heated indoor pool and exercise room. So next month I am going to join.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9119857

Sandy I know you will tackle this with a posit e attidude and make the very best of your situation possible

Bonnie got a chuckle out of the description of sleeping situation. After storm noise last night. So glad you got I the extra zzz That should charge your battery a bit more

I am at the SAn Fran airport waiting for my flight home

TGIF!!!

Tam

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9119891

here is a link to my stupid turtle

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Easternboxturtle.cfm
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9119906

As a lover of turtles I must say...how is it any different from them killing birds and other things (bunnies) than our cats doing the same thing?

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9119928

It is the same I guess. I get upset with Snowcone for the same thing. I didn't kill the turtle just moved it away from this nest.

If I hadn't heard the screaming, I would never have known. I pulled a screaming baby bunny from Snowcone's mouth too. I can't just stand by and do nothing. I love Snowcone and he IS a cat and does many things that I don't like.

I put the turtle in the woods where it can find other bunny nests to raid.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2012
11:36 AM

Post #9119945

I get upset with Corky too..he brought in a baby bird that must have just hatched it was barely past the embryo stage..no way I could have raised it...broke my heart!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 11, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9120157

Well wouldn't you know. I take another First Place! My car was the first of all the 2011-2012 QX56's brought in to my dealership for the factory recall of a fuel leakage between the fuel rail pressure sensor and fuel rail to actually have the leakage. All other cars brought in tested negative for the factory defect. Failure to repair could increase the risk of engine fire. Since they are still working on the repair, I opted to pick it up tomorrow morning as the Friday afternoon rush hour traffic is already backed up bumper to bumper.

Melva, I cannot even bear to think about that little bunny and the pain it must be in. Nature can be so cruel. I also think something ate the nest of baby birds in my back yard two nights ago. I did not hear the last night nor today. I did not use my scooter today, My knee eased up a tiny bit as the front passed by so I used my cane instead. However, it is still very, very painful and now I m covered with red blotches on my arms, legs and chest. I have not eaten, drank, touched, or otherwise handled anything different than usual. These blotches come an go without explanation. They do not hurt or itch. They are raised, irregular, red blotches. As they fade they have little hard, red, bumps in them the size of a small green pea. AND my knee is killing me again from sitting and not using it. Aggghhhhhh. Somebody hand me the gun!!!!!!!

Tammy safe and uneventful travels home.

Sandy so sorry the news about your back was not better.

Going to try to stretch oit to see if my knee will ease up. My ony pain medicine is Alleve and topical sprays, rubs and patches.

Bonnie

Bonnie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9120228

Bonnie, sorry your knee is so painful. No new meds either? You're not using anything new on the boys? Have you tried a couple of benadryl? Good thing you got your car checked out.

Tammy, I hope your flight is nice and uneventful. Mmm chocolate mouse cake sounds very good.

Sandy, I hope the pool and exercises help your back.

BonnieB, I'm sure the church ladies will love the flowers. I hope things go well with Casper.

Debbie, I agree that someone else should be doing the food for your Mother's Day.

Susan, sorry about the bunny. What a shame about the woman who passed away - she was young.

Dianne, how are you doing? It was so nice for your friends to come and help out.

TGIF big time. It's been one of those weeks again.

The highlight at work was Teddy. He is getting too many treats so he isn't eating his food. Of course he has his owner so well trained - he stays in the hallway and plays keep away. So his owner gets him treat to go into his office. One woman gives him carrots and the other gives him peanut butter. You want to see his poor said face in the doorway. He was growling at his owner when the owner left his office. he ran allover the office then hopped onto the office chair and then the desk. He is so much fun to watch

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9120326

The problem with my back is not really painful, more like a very strong electric buzz that goes on for hours at a time. It is very uncomfortable and it covers over half the are around the shoulder bladed. Plus there is some weakness in my arms. The doctor was worried that I may have a cracked in one of the back bone. I will find some way to get this stabilized like I did the lower back.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 11, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9120378

Good evening. Had a pretty good day. Although, the DS and his SO carried in some germs from her grandchild, diarrehea? Did well this morning, and cleaned house, and did some laundry, then that hit, and I have been resting all afternoon. Didn't eat any supper, as it just didn't appeal to me at all. Had some crackers and a piece of cheese, and that is probably all I will eat.

Casper is just overjoyed to be able to be out and running around. He is staying close to the other dogs, and is trying so hard to fit in and make friends. Mr. B is not having any of it. He has been in the house with me all afternoon, will go to the door, I open it and he sees Casper, and changes his mind about wanting to go out. I am sure this will pass, but for the time, it is a standoff. Casper wants to be around him, but Mr. B is just gonna take some time to warm up to him. DH is leaving him out tonight, as the other dogs have houses to sleep in, and I am sure that he will double up with a friendly one!

Didn't get much done outside today, but that is okay. They say rain moving in for the weekend, so if I feel like it I will try to work tomorrow outside.

Bonnie, I don't know what to tell you. Although the blotches aren't painful, they are probably aggravating to deal with. Ouch on your knee. When there is a weather front moving in, I can tell by my joints, especially my hands. The arthritis is getting worse in them, and my poor lower back. Wonder if we could find a climate where we wouldn't be bothered by the weather? Glad your car is getting repaired. That sounds really dangerouos.

Sandy, just be sure when you are in the pool that you only do exercises that are approved for the back. Because of the bouancy of the water, you can injure yourself easier than when you are out of the water. Get the Dr, or a physical therapy place to show you exercises for your back, and do them, as they really help. I will have my pool up probably the end of the month, and am looking forward to being able to exercise better there.

Susan, I am so glad that the bunny died peacefully, and that mamma rabbit moved the others. I have never heard of a turtle hurting anything.

Melva, be careful that you don't go out barefoot and your turtle decide to nibble your toes.

Tammy, are you home yet? I know that you will be glad to have your own bed to rest in.

Debbie, I guess you are celebrating the DH's birthday. Hope you enjoy it.

Dianna, I am hoping that your day was a good one. I am so thankful that you have neighbors that will come help you with some of the jobs. Never mind that you COULD do them, give them the pleasure of helping with them. Sometimes that is the only way some people can express their sorrow is by helping.

Terese, gosh you have been quiet. Having DM and your DH there makes all the difference about how much free time you get to yourself. Give the Budman a scritch.

Well, heading to bed shortly, and hope that it will be a good restful night.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9120381

I'm home!

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9120387

Tortoises are vegetarian...Box Turtles are the ones that eat meat

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 11, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9120491

Long tiring day...several days of it.

Celebrated DH's birthday. I made pulled pork, beef on weck, baked beans...and a disastrous incident with the cake. Both girls brought some really nice
salads, one with raspberry vinaigrette dressing which was so good.

Lil' Spence was a hit, the older two hadn't seen him before. First Jeanna had him out and just had so much fun with him. Put Spence back in the cage, and in comes Carrie...straight for the cage, and takes him out again. He is a tried bunny and will sleep well.

Speaking of sleeping well...

Lee, your boy is tuckered out!

Carrie was so wound up...you can see it in her face. That cake was two layers...the second layer may be used in a parfait bowl or something...but it fell apart putting it on the cake. What a mess!!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Click an image for an enlarged view.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 11, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9120492

DH is working tomorrow, so I have the empty house alone again as Shannon went back to her apartment. She was too worried about
Lexi and her fish.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 12, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9120654

Good morning everyone

BonnieB back when we found out what was wrong with my lower back, I went to what the doctor called back school. There I learned all about that to do and not to do. So yes I know about the exercises and I will be careful and slow.
I can not start until this wound is completely healed, so it will be some time next month.

Waving at everyone

Thumbnail by wren107

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 12, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9120703

Sandy thanks for the new start and Andre is as handsome as usual! So sorry about the news on your back. But it sounds like you have a plan and that is the important thing. Beautiful picture.

Morning! Cloudy and no rain. Didn't look at the forecast and don't plan on it. Just plan on puttering a bit in the house and a bit outside.

So I had better go and feed the guys and get the day started.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 12, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9120711

Hard day yesterday. The Funeral Home brought my guy's ashes back to me. It hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 12, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9120716

Dianne hugs and puppy kisses and strength coming your way! So wish I could be there.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 12, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9120719

Thanks Vicki.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9120736

Dianne, I am sorry that you were broadsided by the delivery. In time you will come to appreciate that "you guy" is close by. (hugs)

Sandy, that is good that you have already been through the educational part of the back. I do exercises every morning to loosen up the tightness that I get after being inactive overnight. When the weather warms and I can get in the pool, the exercises there are so much easier to do. Love your rose pictures, do you have as many as Melva?

Still chilly this morning. I am hoping that the front that is moving through this weekend will clear the way for some warmer temps. I am tired of trying to decide what to wear ie, jeans, sweats or shorts. Decisions.

Debbie, a cake always fails when it is for a special occasion. That is written in Murphy's law book. I never plan on taking a cake anywhere, as it always happens. A cousin told me that after filling the cake pans, and before putting them in the oven, drop them on the floor, yep, gets all the bubbles out of the batter, so better chances of having a cake that doesn't fall apart. The first time I tried that, DH was in the kitchen, and you should have seen him scrambling to try to catch the pan! A good idea is to let the family know ahead of time!

Bonnie, here's hoping that you had a restful night, and that you feel like a million bucks.

Vicki, is this an off day for you? Naw, I remember you work weekends.

Don't know what the day holds for me, other than puttering around in the GH and watering out there. I am sure somethinng will grab my attention
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9120739

Dianne, I really wish I could be there to give you a big hug. Chloe sends kisses to you.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 12, 2012
6:08 AM

Post #9120754

(((((Dianne)))))) reaching across that big pool between us
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9120757

Oh Dianne! That would have hit me hard too!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 12, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9120772

{{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}

BonnieB I do not have any roses right now. Those pictures where taken at a State Garden that has a nice rose garden

Yard guys are coming

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 12, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9121154

Yard work is done. Andre is tired out and so am I. Andre says that it is hard work supervising. LOL

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 12, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9121246

What a surprise this day had in store for me!!

When I went to pick up my Infiniti Q56 SUV this morning, I took along a brochure that had come in the mail addressed to me that said, "Time to think about getting a new Infiniti." It was clearly addressed to me. I thought how poorly Infiniti's method of keeping records must be. I am 18 months into a four year lease on the Q56 and here they are sending me literature about about time to buy a new Infiniti. Everyone knows there are stiff penalties for turning in a leased car early. So, I take the brochure to my salesman just to have a little fun with him. Ladies, in less than 20 minutes, I had a deal before me on a new 2012 Infiniti EX 35 SUV - Loaded. My old lease disappeared like a poof of smoke in thin air. The new one had no down payment. Less $$$ per month. Shorter term. Car would be ready in two hours. And the car would: Allow me to open the hatchback inside my garage. Allow me to enter without having to hoist my ample body into the cabin using considerable effort. Allow me to get better miles to the gallon at the gas pump. Allow me to reduce my insurance payments. Allow me to be able to park my car in my parking space at the shores. Allow my mother to ride in my car. I took the deal. Right now, having just driven it from the dealership to my home, it feels very strange as I have driven very large cars for the last 7 1/2 years. However, I do think I will forget the feel of the large cars in very short order. Compared to the QX56, the FX 35 feels and looks like a prematurely birthed baby of the QX56.

Here they are:

First the QX 56 and Second the FX 35

Gosh! ya just never know what's going to happen to you do you?

Bonnie

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 12, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9121263

I like the FX 35. I was so close to getting one when I got the car I ahe now (MB M Class) instead. The only problem I had was with two large dogs, it didn't have adequate space behind the back seats...but it sure was nice. Congrats!!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 12, 2012
4:06 PM

Post #9121275

Thanks, Lee. Just confirmed that it, indeed, fits into my garage with the hatchback fully opened. Doin the happy dance in Katy, TX in a garage!!!

BTW: I just opened the door to the back porch for the cats, and I hear a chorus of baby birds chirpping in the mountain blueberry. Yay! They are still alive.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #9121297

Congrats Bonnie!! That looks so nice. I don't think that was a coincidence to get that mailer with your car at the dealer.

Tammy, nice of you to bring nice weather with you.

My goal to do close to nothing today worked out quite well. I knitted outside for a while, then came in and Chloe and I had naps.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9121324

Loretta - congratulations! Its nice to accomplish all your goals for the day. :-)

Dianne - I wish you were across the street from you. I'd have you over for a cuppa tea, a big hug and a pile of kitties vying for space on your lap. Let me know when you are up for a visit. I think I need to visit the Ottawa office this summer once all this bruhaha settles out in Ca.

Bonnie - fine lookin' vehicle! Congratulations - it sounds like a win win win win to me. I bet you'll find parking easier too.

I spent the day at rock garden society garden tours. One was just a jewel in the city of West Chester. If I ever manage to tire of the country, that place would be my dream. Beautiful & charming old home on the cutest street of an adorable and vibrant town. And just packed with gorgeous plants & even squeezed in veggies. Tiny lot - maybe 12' wide at the most. The second place was in a very mature area, gorgeous old trees and lovely bones of a garden. Very very pretty. They had lunch at the second place. And we even squeezed in the fastest shopping spree in my history at the Lanscaster nursery that's my fav. Yep a nice day.

I made us salmon w/garden fresh asparagus sauteed in a little garlic & olive oil. Oh its nice to be home

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 12, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9121337

Bonnie Congratulations !!!

Andre and I are chilling. I have feed him and played ball for a bet so he is happy.

DM and I had planned to go out today for a early Mother's day dinner but she fiddled around until we did not get o Outback early enough and there was already a crowd. Drove a little further to our favorite Chinese place and their parking lot was full-so we went to a drive through and get some chicken dinners for tonight. Will try to get to Outback early enough tomorrow.

I am going to call it a night.

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9121406

Congrats Bonnie, love the new ride.

Tammy what a nice day it sounds like you had.

Elsie, great on accomplishing what you wanted/needed to! You are my kind of person.

Dianne, would love to have you as a neighbor, just imagine 40 acres to garden on, plenty of dogs, sorry no cats at this time, but the dogs are very lovey. Casper is just the happiest little fella I have ever seen.

Debbie, what was happening at your house today?

Melva, still playing in the gardens?

Terese, you need to come up for air.

Sandy, glad the yard work is done, and Andre tired out. Sorry about missing dinner out tonight, better luck tomorrow.

Lee, did you write a Friday song this week? Sorry about putting pressure on you.

I got a lot accomplished today. Planted all my little plug flowers, and that required that I empty all the old potting soil, put in new soil in four planters, and after they were planted, gave them a little Miracle Grow tea to help them get started. Went out and chopped out the morning glories in one part of the garden, I am determined I am getting rid of these devils this year. Still have one hanging basket to make, and need to sow zinneas and marigolds in a round bed in my front yard. I am hoping to get a "flower bed" made, using an old iron baby bed. I am painting the bed lavender, and filling the bed with lavender/pink/purple/white flowers arranged like a quilt. Hoping I get to start on it this week, but have a Dr appointment and a dentist appointment, so may not get it finished.

Off to bed shortly. Going out to eat tomorrow after church, with the pastor and wife.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 12, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9121455

Happening at my house was absolutely nothing but cleaning up the kitchen after two days of cooking. And I made a soup for dinner while doing that.

Shannon went home to her apt. last night so I just got done what I needed.

Bonnie, love the new ride...very nice. Glad to hear you had a good deal.

Tam "Welcome Home". I know you are happy to be there.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 12, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9121458

Here is mother's - Mother's Day Gift. Sure hope she likes it. I have to call her tomorrow morning at 8:00 to make certain that she is awake and then I am going over at 9:00 to help her dress so she can be ready to leave at 10:00 when our ride comes.

Thumbnail by greersfolly

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 12, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9121471

That is very pretty...I think she will love it!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9121473

BonnieB - that flower bed you are planning sounds lovely! I hope you take pictures for us!! Enjoy your lunch with the pastor tomorrow.

Debbie - wonderful photo! You enjoy the peace. It sounds like you will. :-)

Bonnie - that is a gorgeous wreath! She will love it!

Sandy - I hope you have better luck with dinner tomorrow. Sounds like its a busy place there.

I'm still bridging timezones. Its time to wrap up and get ready for bed. I plan on a long day getting my hands dirty tomorrow. :-)

Good night everyone!
Tam
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 12, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9121476

I did Bonnie B...here it is belatedly...

Sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music...your Friday song...

Raindrops that donít mess up traffic we sit in
Clocks that let me know when itís time for quittiní
Making my way home as if I had wings
These are a few of the best Friday things!

When the week starts
When the work piles
When Iím feeling sad
I simply remember the best Friday things
And then I donít feel so bad !

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9121480

been a pretty busy week... mom and her Dh are getting all settled in... Friday [yesterday] her sister, my aunt and her DH came... were 7 hrs late as their truck broke down... electrical fuel pump - i heard.

so that blew dinner plans... Alex [our youngest] came up with his g/f Jeanna -- so we went out with friends.

Around 8pm, i walked down to where our 'guest sites' are, and saw a 5th Wheel... so i know they made it... walked over to mom's place and found them there.

I had some work to do today for our Park Newsletter, then went to mom's to plan dinner for today... we grilled out. Burgers, Brats and dogs... with side salads. had a nice bottle of wine too... one that mom picked up in New Mexico.

The kids went out to play Putt Putt.. i found a coupon for them.

not sure what the rest of the week holds for when my aunt is here... but i have to work Mon & Tues.

Dianne - big hugs coming your way... I could not even imagine... How are the furkids??

Bonnie --- nice wheels.

BonnieB -- so glad to moved the little pooch on over. how long will he be with you? hope Mr B warms up to the lil guy.

Debbie -seems like a busy weekend again at your place. sorry the cake was a bust, but bet it still tastes good. Lil Spence seems to be having a grand time.

sorry to all others... I can no recall all of what i read... I'm beat and can't think anymore.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 12, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9121500

Spence is stomping in his cage because I won't take him out. So he is throwing his food dish and thumping his back legs to let me know he is ticked.
It is too late and I am too tired. LOL

The vanilla cake is all busted up in a pan, covered. I might make a ...what do you call it...truffle cake? where you break it up, layer with whip cream, cake & berries?
No problem with the chocolate layer.

Therese that is the first "Jeanna" spelled the way my daughters is. How does she pronounce it? "G-anna" "Jenna" or "Gina". My daughters is pronoucned like Gina.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9121535

No play in the garden today..it rained and was grey all day tomorrow is supposed to be nice...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9121599

Debbie -- it's "gina" too. guess that's an italian thing?? [and she's really a nice girl]

the cake crumble sounds wonderful... i do Truffle that way... fruit and whipped cream. or even a vanilla pudding.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 12, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9121621

Debbie the cake is a Trifle, rhymes with rifle.

See photo of my mother's day gift from my son along with a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers with stargazer lilies.

I might need help with the chocolate covered strawberries. Do have any volunteers?

Thumbnail by greersfolly

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 12, 2012
8:34 PM

Post #9121632

Raising my hand Bonnie, Somebody has to do it, and although not a nice job, I will do it. hehe.

Lee, great song, thanks for sharing with me.

DGD has a friend named Jenna, and it is pronounced Jen a. Must have been a popular name a few years ago.

Yep, I am going to bed!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 12, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9121635

Oh how I need a strawberry! When I was in Florida I "re-invented" my drink. A fuzzy navel with fresh strawberries & melon slice in it...OMG was it good!!!

My Moms middle name was Jean...and that was how it got turned into Jeanna. Yes her father was very Italian

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 13, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9121766

Good morning

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9121784

Happy Mother's Day!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9121806

Happy Mother's Day

From Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 13, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9121813

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Have company hope to be back.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 13, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9121818

Hey! Who came for chocolate covered strawberries last night? I opened the box to admire them at 6:00 AM and two berries were gone. I mean I am glad one or two of you came for them, but really wish you would have awakened me so we could have had a hug.

WAIT! One more is gone now! Oh - and it is a white chocolate one. It must be Swiper & Stetson. I didn't know cats ate strawberries and chocolate.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 13, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9121820

LOL!!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9121856

Wasn't me Bonnie, it would have took a boat for me to get there.

Raining buckets, but the day started out wonderful. DS and his SO was here when I got up, with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a card. They both work today, and will be very busy day for them, as they work in food service.

Going out to eat, and I have a big umbrella to catch the raindrops from falling on my head.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, even if you don't have human children, you all have Furbies that are just as important. Hope somebody took them shopping so they could get you a card at least.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 13, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9121868

Wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day!

Bonnie, how dare those boys to eat your strawberries! lol If it was me, there would have been an empty glass next to it!

I hope you all have a wonderful day...

Debbie

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 13, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9121914

Hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9121946

BonnieB - just when I was feeling a bit left you, you've come to the rescue! Truffles gave me a lovely mother's day gift this morning. She sat on my lap and let me give her scritches. Oh my she was just purring away. How nice to start the day with your DS & a bouquet of roses!

Bonnie - I just couldn't resist. You were sleeping so soundly so I didn't want to disturb you. And those chocolate covered strawberries were delicious. BUT I did not eat the white chocolate one. That must have been BonnieB.

Terese - I was reading Lee's Fri song and after a while the words just didn't quite fit. I'd gotten into your post w/o realizing it. lol I'm glad your mom made it, even if it was with more drama than planned.

Lee - give Maddie a big hug and enjoy YOUR mother's day with that adorable adoptee.

Loretta - got any tough goals for today?

Vicki - what's on your docket? What was breakfast today? (I always enjoy hearing it - I have such a boring breakfast habit - same thing everyday)

Debbie - you better let that little Spencer out soon. Or there's gonna be trouble. Don't you remember the rabbit in Monty Python & The Holy Grail? Oh - Truffles says its TRIFLE not Truffle. :-)

We're still lounging around but will be moving soon. Its a glorious day here and will be raining the rest of the week. So a great planting day!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 13, 2012
7:50 AM

Post #9121996

Bonnie & Tam, don't I get bonus points for having "most" of the truffle/trifle right? My backside doesn't need it regardless! lol

Nervous wreck about doctors appt. tomorrow and just scared he is going to do that EMG test again. Sigh.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9122008

Truffles says you get triple bonus points for mentioning her on this thread. :-) She's such a ham - I stop paying attention to her for 5min and she reminds me she's still there with her little meows. lol Now I don't remember you mentioning a doctors appointment before! Is it a checkup/follow-up? (((((( Debbie )))))) The kids are packing up now so they can be with you for the appointment. Fred says he'll make sure he keeps peace amongst the girls.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 13, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9122038

Well...its with a new neurologist. Apparently there is something of a cyst in the group of nerves that are damaged and it needs investigated.
My chiro actually read the entire MRI report...that 5 other doctors read...and never say the "incidentally there is a cyst at **** area in the right sacaral region.
SO...getting that checked and getting the nerves checked in the right leg/foot.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 13, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9122047

Look at the Bing photo of day...OMGosh it is so cute!!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9122117

One more time... broken record... get your all your medical reports and read them yourself. This happened to me years ago - something mentioned on a report. I was told all good but wasn't. Cost me $$ and damage to my body. ALWAYS get your medical reports yourself and read them. Ask questions if something doesn't make sense.

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9122167

Bonnie, that is a lovely wreath - home DM loves it. Have a great time this afternoon.

Tammy, Truffles missed you - awww. How are all of your furry and feathered friends?

Debbie, I can't wait to see your cake in a bowl. Hope things go well with your appointment tomorrow. Those foxes are too cute.

Lee, love your Friday song!

BonnieB, have a nice time out today.

Sandy, I hope you and DM get out early enough for dinner today.

Not up to too much today. It's hot and breezy. I am headed to my DM's for Mother's Day. I have a window box with herbs for my DM. I've been playing musical chairs with Chloe - oh without the music. Every time I turn around she is in my kitchen chair. She turns into a slinky when I try to get her down.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9122199

Just back from a lovely dinner at Outback and have most of a large steak for tomorrow.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9122228

Just back from dinner out with the pastor and his wife. Their treat. How nice, we don't keep score, but they said it was their time to treat us.

Still raining, and such an nasty icky mess.

Mr. B was sleeping soundly when we came in, but has decided he wants to play fetch. Gonna do that, and hope that he will entertain a nap with me afterwards.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 13, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9122246

Back home from lovely brunch of Mimosas, Bloody Marys, very pretty fresh fruit layered in a trifle bowl, thick sliced bacon, an extremely delicious macadamia nut oven baked French Toast, and a fresh blueberry coffee cake. The hostess was overjoyed with the artichokes, but did not serve them with her meal today. I do believe the hostess, her brother and their mom are planning a dinner around them tomorrow evening,

Mom loved the wreath.

Nice day.

Love you berry snatchers. They really are yummy aren't they? Last time i looked there were nine left...

Bonnie

T

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 13, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9122277

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to Paul!

Bonnie, what a lovely wreath for your DM! Those chocolate strawberries look so yummy! Congrats for the new car, love it!

Tam glad you are home! Enjoy!

Sandy, did you get to your restaurant today?

Waving to all, sorry if I don't comment. I have some bad news ...Andreea can't stay away from the jerk because she says she is so much in love with him that she can't stay even a day away from him ...grrrrr!
So she decided to give him another chance. But since Cici and I don't want him here anymore, NOT EVER!!!!!!!, and since she doesn't fully confide in him and in his love words, ha, ha!!!!!!!! she told him that they should meet only on week-ends. If she will be convinced that he is telling the truth and he will change...not going to happen, trust me!...she will reconsider and maybe they will move back together...I don't know where and I don't care anymore!.. sigh
In a more cheerful note, Nicholas is a real garden helper and look what he did.
He helped me with carrying the weeds, watering the pots and the garden!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 13, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9122298

Wrote this for my mom today...I really miss her. Am having a hard time today.

The voice of reason, the voice of love
The sound advice, the gentle shove
No longer here to guide my hand
I feel you still and understand
When you did not think I stopped to hear
My heart heard all it does appear
For in my words, my thoughts and style
I am like you, I have your smile
Would you be proud of me somehow
Of the woman I am right now
One thing I know, of this Iím sure
Your motherís love, it does endure
- Lee Allison

Thumbnail by NY2CA

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9122302

Lee, I believe she knows that you turned out to be a lovely women, more like her than you even realize. We tend to emulate those we care about, and it is clear that you loved your mother.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9122304

Adina yes had a great dinner

Lee lovely

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 13, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9122472

Lee what a tremendously loving tribute to your mom. I so regret I do not have that type of relationship with my mom.

Adina I am so proud of you and CiCi for standing up for and enforcing your beliefs and values where Andrea & Petre are concerned. I know your heart must be breaking inside because tough love is a hard stand to take with our children. And I know you worry about Nicholas. Speaking of Nicholas - He is getting so tall. I think he is going to have CiCi's height,

BonnieB glad you and the Pastor and his wife had a nice lunch in spite of the bad weather,

Elsie I bet your mom will be thrilled to have those fresh herbs growing. That was a very thoughtful and fun gift.

Debbie, indeed, you get maximum points for the name of that ooey-gooy dessert. Whatever, you call it - call me when you make it. :~) Do you know those cats stole another choco strawberry????

I has been a beautiful day here in Katy. Gorgeous sunshine, moderate breeze, fairly mild temperature. The pain in my knees and back is finally subsiding and the redness in my lower legs is beginning to fade. I can now see that every place that was a hard red knot left behind on my arms and legs after the splotches faded are actually fluid filled blisters. All the way from nickle and dime size to pin prick size. What the H- - - is this???? When they fill with fluid they are hard as rocks and the hurt. Sure wish Mayo Clinic would call. Gonna sit back now, watch TV and catch a few zzzzzz in my chair with my chest planting cat, Swiper.

Oh, this lovely arrangement was a gift from our luncheon hostess today, who is, BTW, the daughter of one of 'my "Older Ladies Group". Isn't it pretty?

Bonnie

This message was edited May 13, 2012 6:13 PM

Thumbnail by greersfolly

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9122489

Bonnie, has your doctor seen this rash? maybe take a picture and email her. Glad you had a nice time today. that's a lovely floral arrangement.

Adina, good for you and Cici standing strong about Petre. It must be so hard. Love the pictures of your garden helper.

Sandy, I'm so glad you got out to dinner with your DM.

Just as I was leaving today my arms and legs started itching. I have no idea what it is from. On top of being hot I thought I would go mad.

We had a nice time at my brothers. They have been fishing off the dock and the boat so Meadow is very interested in the perch. She is one funny little girl. She is not allowed past a certain point without her life jacket. Well she got soaked and was running around without her clothes - but she did have her life jacket on. My niece made a delicious cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Meadow sat down at the chair near the cake and ate about a 1/4 of the strawberries on the top. Brooklynn was the cutest - her eyes seem to be improving. She gave a big kiss to her Mom with her little hands on her Mom's face and proceeded to bite her lip and wouldn't let go. It was so funny because it was so precious for a minute - then not so much.

Here is a picture of the swans on the lake - they have 5 babies.

Thumbnail by elsie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9122498

Bonnie - have you gone through the side effects of your meds? I wonder if its a wierd side effect causing your problems. Might you have changed anything recently? Dosage, different med etc?

Adina - your garden helper is just such a cutie!

Lee - I had a hunch today would be rough for you. That poem is magnificent. Your mom raised a terrific daughter.

BonnieB - glad lunch was nice.

Loretta - LOL I guess you could call it missing me. :-) The feathered crew seems quite happy these days. The babies are growing fast. The flock is so enjoying the weather!

Sandy - did you find a restaurant today?

I got my baskets planted & hung & planted up three window boxes. And planted the herbs, planted up my bog garden (moved it to the deck so the chickens wouldn't bother it anymore). And mowed a couple fields. Pretty productive day.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 13, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9122501

Loretta - that's a beautiful photo! Love the stories of your neices. :-) I think this rash is going around. I was so & still am itchy around my arms /chest.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9122506

Tam yes we get in at Outback.

Bonnie keep a close watch on the blisters as my MRSA started that way.

I am mad and would love to get a hold of the person who shoot me with a paint ball-a very hard one. It hit my cheek, thankfully I saw it at the last minute an jerked my head. But if it was a inch higher it would have hit my eye. Did not get a good look at the car besides I was not wearing my glasses.
We will not ride along that road again.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9122564

Oh, Sandy, while you were driving? I don't care if they claim those paint ball guns are fun, they can still be dangerous. You made me mad and I wasn't even involved.

Bonnie, take a picture of that rash, and make sure you send it to the Dr. There is something funny going on with your body, and it is trying to give you clues about what it is. Beautiful arrangement. I love fresh flowers.

Elsie, so cute about the little ones. Ouch on the kiss and the lip lock, bet that was painful. Swans are so elegant looking, we don't have them around here.

Tammy, wow, why didn't you save something to do tomorrow? Hehe, that was 2 days worth of work.

Adina, I agree with the others, don't give in, no matter. If you know that Petre is a user, then protect yourselves and Nicholas, and if Andreea is foolish enough to take him back after all that she has found out about him, then it will only be her that is hurt. That is a type of abuse, the mental kind, and no woman should be subjected to that, nor put up with it, no only from a boyfriend, but from anybody. Tell her she selling herself and her self esteem for a fleeting romantic pleasure.

Lee, I am sure that today was hard for you. The first year that my DM was gone, I was a blubbering mess the whole day. All the family used to meet at my house for dinner, and it was a really touching testimony of our love for her. You will one day be able to go through this holiday with happy memories, and I am a firm believer in heaven, and I believe our families are angels that watch over us. I hope that thought makes you smile.

Debbie, good luck at the dr appointment. We need to hire a whole fleet of Drs for our little group. Seems like somebody needs one every week. To make you smile, I am sending Casper as my goodwill ambassador tomorrow. You will fall in love with him.

Have to tell you. Casper isn't interested in coming inside, as I have invited him in, but today has been so miserable, late this afternoom, DH's rat terrier comes in and sleeps in the laundry room. (she doesn't have really good house manners) and when I opened the door to let her in, Casper was right behind her and he came in. I thought that he would look around and decided that he would rather be outside. I haven't heard a peep from either of them, so guess that friendship is solidified, and he is getting lessons on being a house dog only for the nights. If he seems comfortable with being inside, the first thing I need to do is give him a bath, and make sure that he has flea meds. Don't want to infest my house with creatures that the little fella may carry in. Mr. B smelled at the door, but quickly went to the bedroom, and he is already in my bed for the night. Sort of thumbed his nose at the whole deal. Too funny!
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 13, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9122624

Thank you guys.

Love the swans elsie!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9122626

BonnieB I was on my bike

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 13, 2012
7:29 PM

Post #9122659

(((Lee)))) I loved your poem. I was so so upset today, my eyes show it. I told Dh "I thought it was supposed to get easier" and he so wisely said , it will, in about 20 years.

Sandy, that is horrible. We had an incident here...six months back maybe, a man did loose his site from being hit by kids shooting paintball from a car. I do believe they were caught and are in jail. Be careful!!

I did have a nice day overall, and am amazed how I was spoiled. Even DH came home from work bearing gifts, really pretty butterfly earrings in silver and gold filigree. I was truly shocked. Then dinner out tonight at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, we have known the owner & his wife since we were in high school. Lorenzo is probably 85 now, still works full time and cooks almost all the meals. He served a very special mothers day dessert for me that made me laugh...thinking of Bonnie. It was a very fancy strawberry shortcake with a pound cake bottom, soaked in a very rich liquor...with almond flavor. I don't know what it was...but it was quite powerful but very good!

The girls came over for a visit around 2:30 and again got Spencer all riled up, brushed him and played with him the entire time. I have had this huge basket full of snowmen...with no place to go. Well, Spence wanted into that basket...so Jeanna emptied it, boxed up the snowmen...and we had a bunny in the basket playtime. Until Huck got jealous! lol Anyway, the girls came with beautiful plants. I will take pictures tomorrow when I get back home.

because I have to get up at 6:30 ...I am heading to bed.

Here is a smile to share with you until tomorrow...
worlds cutest Bunny.

Good night

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
7:46 PM

Post #9122684

Debbie, that box of stuffed toys in the background would be toast if Mr. B had about an hour with them!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 14, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9122959

Good Morning!

Sandy -forgot to say sorry about the paintball. That is just awful!

Debbie - glad you had a nice day. That Spencer looks so soft & cuddly.

I get my permanent crown this morning... yeah! (on my tooth, not my head)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9122967

Oh, Tam, see if they have a two for one special on crowns today, that way you can have one to put on your head when you have been especially good.

Rain again this morning. I will set down to see if the classifieds has any used arks for sale. Man, we have had way more than enough, about 3 inches since Saturday night. No working outside today, so going to tackle a pile of papers and then decide what else I can do.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 14, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9123014

Please send the rain down here!!!1

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 14, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9123031

Sent it Sandy but it must be stalled halfway there?

Busy! Busy! Here!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 14, 2012
6:52 AM

Post #9123060

Morning everyone. Have been up since forever or so it seems.

Today would have been Warren's 71 st birthday.For 41 years on his BD I have made him Blueberry muffins. Yesterday one of my neighbours brought me some blueberry muffins that she had made. She knew nothing about our tradition for Warren's birthday breakfast. I was so appreciative I gave her an extra big hug. She must have wondered what was up.

Black flies are atrocious here but I need to cut the lawn. Love cutting the lawn so that is not a chore to me. Just going to keep busy all day and try and wear myself out.

Wishing you all a beautiful day!
Dianne
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 14, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9123068

Dianne - another sign that Warren is whispering in people's ears and looking out for you I think.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 14, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9123248

Good morning,

Tam, you are queen for the day with your crown...even if it is in your mouth!

Dianne, I agree with Lee, Warren is whispering secrets in people's ears.

Here is a wonderful link Dianne sent me...I hope you can all see this. Turn up the volume also.
Funny thing is, I have watched it twice...and Daisy May in entranced by it!

http://player.vimeo.com/video/27920977?title=0&;byline=0&;portrait=0href=

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 14, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9123303

Debbie thanks for the link, love it.

I was checking out a web site and looked up the Tervurens love the way they describe them as "Independent thinker". So true
Independent thinker

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 14, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9123461

Afternoon!

Company is gone and I must say it was a very good weekend even if I had to work. DS and DH both moved rocks from the back hill to the front expansion. We all worked together making sure there was enough space for the mower to get by and the plow.

Then DH went and scooped up several loads of soil from the field. Then he and DS picked out the rocks and the large pieces of corn stock! During that time the guys had a talk or DS talked and DH didn't say much. They want to move in for a couple of months after DS loses his job. Save some money and figure out what their income will be before they lock into a rental. So come Sept. if that is the path they are taking there will be some changes around here.

Sandy that is terrible about the paintball and so glad you saw it coming. They will be caught in the long run as they are having too much fun to be smart and stop!

Dianne loved the story about the blueberry muffins and agree with Lee that it is Warren watching over you. Hugs and puppy kisses.

Ty is so loving all this dirt around here. WE are back to calling him Pig Pen. Have dirt will sniff,dig and roll and even lay in it.

Have to go and take a nap. Have a short shift today as the manager is helping in another store today.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 14, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9123739

Thanks for the rain but y'all could have kept the thunder!!!

Sandy and Andre who is hiding.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9123789

Send some come home thoughts for Corky...he hasn't been home since dark, last night...I have called and called and he does not seem to be around. I am worried about him.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9123791

Dianne, I always hated the black flies. I used some stinky stuff to keep them away - you didn't put it on your skin - you put in on your hat or scarf. Did you enjoy the muffins? Love the flowers!

Sandy, so glad you didn't get hit in the eye.

Melva, thinking good thoughts for Corky.

Tammy, what happened to that nice weather you brought? hehe I bet with this rain your property looks wonderful.

Bonnie, I was reading a magazine that warns against drinking regular soda in quantity. They have found some people get short of breath.

Lee, love your poem - wonderful photo with your Mother.

Vicki, it sounds like you got lots of help over the weekend. I can almost see how helpful Ty is. I hope things work out for your DS.

BonnieB, Mr B sounds just like little kid. He is too funny. How are you feeling?

My shed seems to be literally falling down. I don't know if someone hit it - but the door is stuck open at the top. I hope there is nothing that important in there. I'm kind of afraid to touch it.

Has anyone watched Long Island Medium on TLC? I didn't think I would like it but I'm hooked. Very interesting circumstances she runs into.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 14, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9123899

I love it! I'm queen for the day w/my new crown.

Sending Corky "come home" thoughts Melva!

Dianne - definitely Warren watching over you. I'm so glad we don't have black flies here!

Who wanted the rain? Sandy... we're supposed to get a deluge tomorrow. How about we share it?

Loretta - Oh I hope the shed is OK. Will your father come over to check it out? My garden will love all this rain. I got my sweet potatoes today - I need to plant 'em. Perhaps Wed or Thurs after work. It IS supposed to get nice again isn't it?

Vicki - make sure you guys talk through the rules of the house first! It could be nice having your DS & DDIL living there for the summer.

Debbie - loved the video!

I finally got in a good strength training session today. Its been too long. I've only been able to do weights once a week for several weeks.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 14, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9123919

We are getting rain and a lots of noise. Have a dog laying on my foot.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 14, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9123933

I guess there are exemptions to the independence thing 'eh? :-)

It was so nice to eat dinner on both sides of my mouth tonight.
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9123945

Tammy, you deserve a crown every day.

I'm pretty sure the shed is on its last legs. I guess I'll ask Dad to take a look at it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 14, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9123986

What a day. I do not need any more drama...and it is big time.

Long story short. Lexi is back home...I have a feeling the child & her belongings will be following in the near future. Sigh.

Neuro appt. went somewhat well, I did like the doctor. However, he said I need to have another EMG study done to update.
He mentioned all kinds of illnesses, mentioned surgical damage causing a stress virus...and my head was swimming. EMG is next Friday 25th.

Huge hugs for Dianne...

Corky...get your short tail home, immediately! You are upsetting Daisy.

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9124045

Good evening. It was cloudy and cool today. The ground was too wet to do anything outside, and my whole body was aching. Guess the darned arthritis kicking up because of the moisture.

Elsie, Mr. B is a character. He is almost human, the only thing he can't do is talk. Well he does talk some, and I understand what he is wanting. Oh, poor shed. Evidently you haven't been in the shed for awhile, or you would know what is in it! Casper came with us for the ride tonight, and he was like a little kid in a toy shop. We went to the cemetery, which isn't very big, maybe a couple of acres, but he ran over the whole thing, sniffing, rolling, barking. I learned something with him in a vehicle, he WILL jump out an open window! So he will wear the seatbelt harness I have for Mr. B. Mr. B jumped out a window when he was just an itty bitty fella, and I think that cured him from doing that.

Debbie, are they trying to figure out the nerve damage, and if anything can be done for it? I am hoping that it has improved, but also hoping that there is something else that can be done. Oh, oh, if Lexie is back, sounds like the kid will follow.

Melva, I am sending Corky some brain waves telling him to get himself home and not to keep worrying you.

Sandy the rain was the best I could do, honest, the thunder came from somewhere else, we didn't have that.

Tammy, glad you got the permanent crown, and that both sides of the mouth are helping with the chewing! DH planted our sweet potatoes last week. They are already looking good.

Vicki, I only have to repeat what everybody else has said. Two families living in the same house presents problems, so make sure that there are house rules, and that everybody follows them. My DS has come back several times to live, thankfully without a wife or girlfriend, and it is hard enough to have your own kids, much less a wife. I know she is nice and you like her, but you don't really know someone till you live with them.

Bonnie, what did you do today? I have forgotten if you had any appointments or not.

I have a GP Dr appointment tomorrow morning. I have pleurisy, I sneezed this morning and it felt like I was flying in a million pieces. An antibiotic will make it a short run. Had it before, and wish I knew what caused it. Then on Wednesday, have an appointment with the gynocologist. Hopefully the pathology report will be there. I think I am healing well, but we will see what her assessment is. Then on Friday I have a dental appointment, just cleaning, but still some place I have to go.

Heading to bed shortly, and hoping for a restful night, and wake feeling much better tomorrow.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 14, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9124055

BonnieB - I'm sorry to hear about the pleurisy! That sounds like no fun especially on the heals of the surgery. Can't feel good coughing!

Debbie - oh my... so much for some peace at home. I hope the doctor has some good options for you!

I'm off to bed myself. I have my nose in another Dean Koontz book and I want to get through it or I'll be truly sleep deprived!

Good night all
Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9124062

Thanks for the thoughts for Corky..he is still AWOL..
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 14, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9124092

I hope Corky comes home soon Melva. So stressful!

Okay so I tried to deal with a three week sinus issue by taking regular stuff and drinking lots and lots of water but no...ended up at urgent care today with 102 temp. Grrrrrr!!!!!!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 14, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9124094

Melva, sending positive thoughts for Corky to return home
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9124116

I happened to find this on another thread...I think it was meant for us?

Hi gang, I spending the night in the hospital tonight. All the blisters & redness were beginning to'move on up my legs. I could not breathe. I was simply exhausted and tired of the pain,

Still waiting for Results of EKG, blood , urine, chest xray. Ultra sound legs. Going tona room though for condition of legs,

Will keep you posted

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 14, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9124132

Yes, received an email that Bonnie is in the hospital due to an infection in her knees. No more information than that.

Hugs and prayers!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9124145

Corky just came home...he will not tell us where he has been. Thanks for all the good thoughts.
Poor Bonnie..hope they find out what is wrong and fix it!
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 14, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9124182

Oh good Melva! Corky...waving finger at you.

Poor Bonnie!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 14, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9124197

I know, glad Corkster is home...but our poor Bonnie. Knew that rash was NOT right. I hope it is an easy fix.

Praying her body is not rejecting her knee replacements, that just happened to our friend Brian with his hip.
Had a nasty infection in there, he is my age.

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9124225

Prayers for Bonnie. I am glad she is where she can get treatment. That was a scary thing.

Thank goodness Corky is home, I kept checking back to see. and I told him he better come home or else. LOL

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 14, 2012
9:27 PM

Post #9124248

Debbie...I feel like poopie and want my mommy! :-(
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
9:28 PM

Post #9124249

I think we all did..wonder who he listened to. When I opened the front door for the 100th time...he just came strolling down the sidewalk. He won't tell us where he hass been..he is really tired..

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 15, 2012
1:59 AM

Post #9124324

It is my legs that are affected. Splotches turned to red hard bumps .. with small puss filled heads to fluid filled blisters that presented as hard as rock bumps. And the bumps were moving up my legs! Legs were brightest red I have ever seen. All lab work and x-rays have come back okay . So what is causing this????

Right now the redness on my legs is blotchy, Blisters are. Still there and hard as rocks. No sleep meds at all.

Morphine still making it almost impossible to type. Will try to keep you pored,

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 15, 2012
2:35 AM

Post #9124335

Seeing double and triple, plus working on. IPAD. Fingers going all over the screen. I give up,'

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 15, 2012
3:41 AM

Post #9124360

Good morning everyone

{{{{{{{ Bonnie}}}}}}}

Melva glad Corky came home

waving at everyone-need to kill a pest

Sandy and the pest
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9124385

Bonnie, I hope they find out what's wrong really fast.

Lee, you are not a doctor and you don't play one on TV. I hope you start to feel better.

Melva, glad Corky came home.

BonnieB, hope your appointment goes well - feel better.

It's been pouring rain here.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9124425

Oh Bonnie, that sounds like a staph or MRSA type infection. Definitely glad you are there. Please keep us posted.

Melva, I told Corky he was upsettting Daisy May, so maybe that sent him home. She is calmer now and laying in front of her post (the monitor).

I have men, lots of men, not Amish, across the street on a roof. I have a telephoto lense and not afraid to use it O:) adjusting my halo.

LEE, how did you ever get this infection?: Oh wait, you never slowed down and got better over the LAST one did you? Ummm, no you didn't
Shaking a stern finger at you! Slow down and rest...you do not want to upset your God-cats!

Huck is already concerned.

Vicki, that will be a big change with DS & DDIL moving in. Yikes! Sure do understand it but big adjustment.

Whats for breakfast...Sandy Andre just loves you so much.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9124441

Good mornng, sun is shining and looks to be a beautiful day. Appointment is 9:40, so heading to get dressed and out of here.

Bonnie sending good healing thoughts to you, and hope they can find a fix for this.

Lee, GET THYSELF TO A DR. Sinus infections usually don't go away without antiiotics.

Sandy, Andre wants to go running, hop to it.

Melva, so glad Corky came home. If he tells you where he was, I would be interested in knowing!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 15, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9124454

Morning~!

Bonnie Hugs and strength coming your way.

Melva doesn't corky wear a collar that you can attach a note to. That way maybe you can find out where he goes?

Lee I agree get to the Dr.

Sandy did you get enough rain?

Elsie so glad your dad can check on that shed. Was Teddy at work yesterday?

Debbie you and I can move in together until the kids are gone again. Don't know about breakfast. But do have a leftover biscuit and sausage gravy.

terese you must be very busy. You have missed a few days. Inquiring minds want to know what is going on.

Adina loved the pictures. That Nicolas is sure a keeper! LOL Any new Doggie pictures? Are you working on any articles.

Dianne how are you today? Sending hugs and puppy kisses. Good things dogs seem to have an endless supply!

Tam did you finish the book? I haven't read those you sent me yet. I am either busy or falling asleep when I watch tv or try to read. I bet you are at work. Have a good day.

Better go and feed someone as he is back. Laying down but waiting!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 15, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9124466

Good Morning!

I'm relieved Corky came home. But man o man not happy with the rest of the news!

Lee - this does not sound good! Now you take care of yourself, get some sleep, eat healthy and listen to your body!

Bonnie - egads! I'm glad you went to the hospital.

BonnieB - you got our sun! Its pouring rain here & couldn't be darker outside. Good luck with the doctor this morning.

Loretta - hope you have a good day at work

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012

Post #9124469

Lee was at the doctor, or Urgent Care center last night...so she has already been put on antibiotics. Just took her sweet time getting there.

Vicki, that sounds like a good idea. And I am leaving the phone at home. DD called at 11:45 last night crying that "You don't trust me" blah blah blah...
NOPE I don't. Apparently big sister told her Mom was onto her game!

And, DS is coming home tomorrow. Oh lordy...it was ...key word was...so calm and peaceful.

Spencer is really upset with all the hammering across the street...he has his thumper going big time!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 15, 2012

Post #9124470

Vicki - cross posted w/you. Going to work in a minute. I'm only 60% through the book - its a long one. What's for breakfast?

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 15, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9124477

Gosh Debbie doesn't she have a lease she can't break?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9124479

Yes she does have a lease, and I have a feeling she is going to say "they found the cat at the apartment, and evicted me" so she can come home.
I think she realized she bit off more than she can chew...and she is sinking. She now drives twice as far to work as she did when here, which means more $$ for gas and has to leave 25 minutes earlier than when here. Will see what happens. Betting something changes the next 48 hours...as she was so scared there alone that was why she wanted Lexi there...so she could sleep..
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 15, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9124484

Corky is naked..so, no note on the collar...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 15, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9124486

Andre has his run. Need to make a phone call, why does time go slowly when you are waiting. May need to go to to the doctor, nothing major but am a little leery.

Sandy and a tired Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9124487

Sandy, do not take any chances...call the doctor.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 15, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9124491

I am but have to wait 12 more minutes. It is a tiny sore on my left hand but it hurts and the veins are inlarged

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

May 15, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9124499

Breakfast is done. Don't feel like going out yet. The clouds to the SW were pretty dark. Saying only 30% today. hmmmmm! Who will be right?

Sandy sure hope it isn't major but if you are going to the Dr.?

Last night at work I was teaching the new clerk to reset shelves. We did 3 sections. The first was the worst as we had to reuse the old pushers. So that meant taking them apart first. She did wander off a few times to do something else but always came back. LOL She says her little boy is ADHD. Wonder where he got it? Wish I could repeat something she said because it was a funny kind of shocker comment.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 15, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9124516

Get appointment at 1:30. I have a tiny sore on my left hand but last night it started to hurt and the veins are enlarged. It might not me anything but I am leery about any strange sores now.

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 15, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9124753

The dang IV pole has been going off for almost 20 minutes now. I called for someone to come 5 min.ago- No one here yet. I am almost ready to pull the plug from the wall. Will not be coming back here. Another 5 minutes have gone by.

Apparently I am waiting upon the arrival of a Dr. Of Infectious Diseases who will make the diagnosis, and establish a treatment plan .

Okay!!! I might get thrown out, but I CANNOT STAND THAT BEEPING MACHINE ANY LONGER!!!!! I am going to unplug the IV pole from the wall. Patients have rights!!!!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9124804

Call front desk ask for hospital administrator and raise heck

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 15, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9124901

Or do what I did...call the front desk and tell them you are calling 911..that worked! I had help within minutes.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 15, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9124924

I am home and will live. Not infection this time, just a combination of things. A needle sore that has not healed. Messed up veins, arthritis and the problem with my back making my arm hurt.

Bonnie I know what you are going through. Been there and hate it.

Bad weather is moving in.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 15, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9124934

Great suggestion Melva!!! I wish I had thought of that when Warren was in for the 2 weeks. I find it hard to understand how one end of Level 9 you got Grade 0 care and at the opposite end of the hall you got Grade A++++ care.

Oh Bonnie I wish I was there to raise a little h*^% for you - not that you can't do it by yourself, I'd just be adding flames to the fire. Care or rather lack of care like you are experiencing should not be tolerated.

Tam I bet this week is going by quicklly for you.Nice you can fit in some garening.

Elsie what are you knitting now? You and Sandy are always so busy. I dragged out some balls of wool and a crochet hook when W was in hospital but didn't do a thing.

How are you doing BonnieB? Still a little uncomfortable? Looks like Casper is fitting right in at playtime. Did he find someone to bunk in with at night?

Sat out on the dock last night for a bit. It was so serene, calm and comforting. The loons are here so hopefully once I start having my hot chocolate on the dock they will come visit.

Need to go wash the floors and NOT with Murphy's Oil. ha, ha

Dianne

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 15, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9124944

Pole keeps beeping - knew that. It has a battery! They took it away . Brought in new one, hooked up another IV which ran out all over my arm and pillow. Finally got that bag of antibiotic inside my body.

Infectious disease doc sending me to a clinic in Katy for veinus (sp) treatments and therapies. LOSE WEIGHT!!!!

Tyia came to see me. Brought pretty flowers. Nice visit. M & M coming in a little while. Talked with my children who called twice...Judy and Nikki who texted.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 15, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9125006

Glad that the beeping has ceased Bonnie. I just critted my teeth as I was reading your post. Do they think you might have caught something on one of your cruises?

Very happy to see that you are having visitors. Sure hope they don't wear you out. Continuing to send positive thoughts .

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9125019

Just some pretty flowers...we all need some bright cheering.

Hope everyone feels better

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9125039

Sorry I didn't check in when I got home. Since I was in the town where the grocery is, I went ahead and bought groceries.

I have pleurisy and a sinus/ear infection. Have antibiotics and steroids. They have made me sleepy, so have slept all afternoon. Hope that doesn't interfere with sleep tonight. Had a temp of 102 when I went to the Dr. Knew I felt rough, but didn't realize I had a temperature.

Bonnie, oh, I am hoping that the infectious Dr can get you help and get all this stuff cleared up.

Sandy, glad to hear that your's is not MRSA again. I am sure you will be looking for every little place now that you have had it once.

DH went fishing, and called to say that he is bringing supper home. Hurrah, don't feel like cooking.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9125108

Sandy, I hope your hand heals up and stops hurting.

Bonnie - sure hope those IV's get working for you. Do the doctors know how you got this? Rest up and feel better. I'm kind of surprised we didn't hear of an IV pole getting shoved somewhere.

Tammy, are your office helpers making up for time when you are in CA? Is everything growing well?

Dianne, did you get out and mow? I almost wrote vacuum. I think my poor brain is fried. I am still knitting the shawl - the knit along was over April 16 - hehe maybe next April 16. There are so many stitches now that two rows and I'm tired of knitting. My eyes get tired. I really like knitting outside - the light is so much better.

BonnieB, so good that you went to the doctor and got the meds. I hope you can sleep tonight.

Vicki, now you got me wondering what the girl said last night. Has it stopped raining?

Teddy was not at work yesterday but he was in today. Work is still nuts. Didn't go out to dinner - too stormy. It's a good thing because I'm so tired.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 15, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9125154

My office helper is fired, she has pee'd on my desk twice this week. And there is no paper on it...right on the wood! Perhaps she is protesting the clean desk.

Went and got my hair done, cut and color, been trying over a month. My bangs were way past my nose it has been that long.

Our swans down town became parents this morning. Even the local newspaper was down there taking pictures. I will go down maybe in the evening or tomorrow afternoon.

Leaving bright and early to pick Shane up and move back.

And...the Child brought me lunch today. Something is definitely up!

Bonnie, any more news on what this is? Please take care of yourself.

Elsie, I don't know how you put up with everything at work...I know you look forward to the office entertainment with Teddy.
He is so darn cute. Did dad look at the shed yet? Be careful!

Had a message on the machine when I got home, doctor had to move my test to June 1st...grrr!!

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 15, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9125329

Line 4 IV is now in crook of my right arm . Not supposed to bend my arm, Everything is impossible to do. Legs continue to improve, Maybe I can go home tomorrow. Had CAT scan of chest today looking for reason for shortness of breath. On heart heathy dietary meal plan in hospital. I miss my boys and feel sorry for them .

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 15, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9125336

(((((( Bonnie ))))))) I'm so sorry you are having such a terrible time there at that hospital! Maybe Katy will be better. Is there a diagnosis? The second wind of whatever infection you had in those legs before? Maybe something stuck in the artificial knee? Glad you are getting the love & attention from your family!

Dianne - I hope those loons will commune with you! Is it too early to step out for a cuppa hot chocolate now? Work is busy... went to almost 8pm today w/o a break.

Loretta - yep. My office assistants are at least working part time. Pixel was in 'til around 2pm. Truffles came in later in the afternoon. Not like you to miss a night out with your family- must be very stormy there! It kinda cleared up a bit here this afternoon. Light drizzles at most.

BonnieB - well I hope those meds knock out the pleurisy! And I was thinking if your DH was fishing today and bringing home dinner, you might end up cooking afterall. (Fish?)

Melva - lol at the 911 threat!

Debbie - sounds like you & Vicki will be able to compare notes on boomerang kids. (With Adina too). The flowers were beautiful!

Vicki - hopefully that new girl will be able to work around her ADD issues.

Sandy - what a relief that wasn't another MRSA problem!!!

Long day at work today! No break for a workout and lunch while I was on calls. But I was able to have popcorn for a snack tonight. YEAH for the crown!

Good night all
Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

May 15, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9125340

Oh Bonnie I bet those boys miss you too.

Have they given you any type of notice that you might be going home tomorrow or is that Bonnie wanting to go home so badly?

My goodness Debbie it seems like you just moved Shane to college.

Make sure you all do something nice for yourself today ladies.

Dianne
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9125392

Bonnie, I sure hope you can go home and get your treatments.

Tammy, my parents decided not to go out in the rain tonight. It cleared up for a while and then the thunderstorms started again.

Debbie, I agree with Dianne - it seems like you just moved them both out. I hope things work out okay.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

May 16, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9125610

Good morning,

On the run and out the door to go get DS. DH has day off and is with me.

Hoping for good news Bonnie when I get home...

Hugs around,

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 16, 2012
4:13 AM

Post #9125612

New thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1258458/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America