Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Just for fun...

(Zone 7a)

I thought I would show you my Irises that came from Home Depot, sealed in a package from W.R.Vanderschoot of Virginia. It was labeled 'Pink Attraction' with two in the package.

#1 is from last year. Only this one bloomed. Quite obviously NOT Pink Attraction.

#2 is blooming now. STILL not Pink Attraction. LOL

I like these 2 much more.

Thumbnail by kwanjin Thumbnail by kwanjin
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,they may not be what they were labeled but they certainly are lovely....especially the second one

(Zone 7a)

And they keep getting lovelier. Multiple flowers make for quite the show.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I like them much better, also. Funny how it works out.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Love that 1st one!

(Zone 7a)

#1 is opening today. I'll see if I can remember to get a pic of them together.

South Hamilton, MA

#2 is a luminata pattern. Both quite a distance from P.A.

(Zone 7a)

Here's the pic of both open.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
New York, NY(Zone 7a)

If I had to guess what iris might be in a package from Home Depot labeled "Pink Attraction", a luminata would NOT be among my first dozen guesses. Of course TB iris rhizomes all look roughly the same. I wonder if one of these might be a rebloomer when it's settled in, since Pink Attraction is listed as reblooming.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I know, DawnSharon! Wouldn't you think they would market that luminata instead, LOL.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Boo-Tee-Full

(Zone 7a)

Ooooooo! I will cut down the stalks when they're done and see if either reblooms. That would be great! This is the best $7 I ever spent. LOL

South Hamilton, MA

I doubt if you get rebloom, but you might as well try. HD wouldn't know a lumui if it bit them.

(Zone 7a)

It wasn't an HD package. It was prepackaged from a vendor.

South Hamilton, MA

So vendor can't sort properly.

(Zone 7a)

Apparently. LOL

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Uow! Love that one on the right especially. I love it when I get surprises or bonuses that are better than what I had wanted. Of course, most of the time you want to get what you order...

(Zone 7a)

I like pleasant surprises. If P.A. was something I really HAD TO HAVE, it would be different. But this is better by far. I seem to be enjoying the one on the left more. It's beautiful en masse.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Beautiful foliage!

(Zone 7a)

It really is that color, too. I lvoe the whole package.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Lovely color and nice healthy looking plant

South Hamilton, MA

Nice to have a good result even if it isn't what you had hoped.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.