-
AuthorContent
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9120469

I've done it before but can't remember how I did it. I have two LG 500G cell phones. They use a 4 GB micro SD card to store info (in addition to a sim card). I want to save all my contacts to one SD card and transfer them to my computer and then copy them to the other SD card so both phones will have all my contacts. I was hoping to save time by not having to enter them all on the 2nd phone. And I was hoping to keep them on the computer in case either phone gets lost or damaged.

So the one SD card is formatted and the phone recognizes it. I did that months ago and thought I knew how I did it. But I have 3 new SD cards (bought from different sources). I've formatted them on the computer with FAT32. However, my other phone doesn't recognize them. And I can't format them on my phone. When I try to switch the memory on the phone from handset or sim to memory card, "memory card" is grayed out so I can't select it.

What am I doing wrong? I think I'm doing everything I did the first time, but I really had no idea what I was doing then. I'm one of those people who just keeps pushing buttons until something happens, and sometimes I get lucky. LOL I can't seem to get lucky today though. Can anyone help me?

NancyAnn
Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL
(Zone 5b)

May 12, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9120827

Shot in the dark quick tip. Format the cards in the phone, not a pc. As with a lot of cameras, the phones may be using a slightly different system.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9120886

I would, but there's no format option on the phone. I can't do anything with the memory card in the phone right now. It's just not recognizing it, unformatted or formatted on the PC. My phone manual doesn't say anything about the memory card, other than where to put it. I think with the other phone, the card was recognized immediately and I think I was given the option to format it...I think. It was months ago, so I don't really remember. But I don't remember it being this difficult. I even used this phone to do it and then transferred the SD card to the new phone, where it works fine.

I don't think my new SD cards are bad. I can format them on the pc and read them on the pc. So I'm just not doing something right in the phone. (If it were an old computer, it would give me that annoying "Operator Error!!!!" message. LOL)
Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL
(Zone 5b)

May 12, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9120907

Check this link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6179056_format-lg-micro-sd-card.html
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9121548

I guess I had the card in wrong or something. I took it out, put it in the other phone, and it worked fine. So I reinserted it in this one and now it works fine. So it must have not been making a connection before. Silly me, I guess I did the formatting right all along. I knew it was pretty simple the first time I did it, a few months ago. I think I was able to format it on the phone, if I remember correctly. So it stumped me when I couldn't do it that easily this time. But once I reinserted the card, it was fine. Maybe I forgot to latch the card compartment. Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks for trying to help, Gardenrose.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America