Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: 2012 JUNE PLANT SWAP "SIGN UP"

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 271, Views: 1,624
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9121097

JUNE SIGN UP CLOSES ON MAY 31st

IF YOU FIND SOMEONE YOU WANT TO MAKE A SWAP WITH PLEASE LET ME KNOW HERE SO I CAN TRY TO KEEP TRACK HERE .

YOU CAN SHARE AS MANY PLANTS AS YOU LIKE BUT NO LESS THEN 5 PLANTS .

SHARE PERENNIAL ONLY UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIAL DEAL WITH YOUR PARTNER ,
YOU MAY SHARE BULBS & CUTTINGS IF YOUR PARTNERS WANTS THEM.

CHECK THE ZONE HARDNESS FOR THE PLANTS YOU SHARE . OR ASK YOUR PARTNER .

SEND PLANTS PRIOITY MAIL WITH CONF#

IF YOU FIND YOU CANNOT SEND ON TIME JUST LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW THIS .
THEY MUST BE NICE SIZE OR WELL ROOTED PLANTS .

PLEASE POST & LET US KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE REC'D YOUR PLANTS . A PICTURE WOULD BE NICE BUY SOME MAY
NOT BE ABLE TO BUT A LIST WOULD BE NICE & JUST A THANK YOU TO YOUR PARTNER :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING US

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

HERE IS A CHAT LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH US
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246832/

APRIL SWAP : CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

MAY SWAP:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

JULY PLANT SWAP OPEN FOR SIGN UP HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

This message was edited Jun 18, 2012 6:20 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 12, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9121098

PLAYERS LIST
DEEJAY9--1
FOTV--1--------AliKat32
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA ---REC'D
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV
PDF -----MAYBE PLAY :)))))
CRIT---2
ROXXANNE--1
SCBUTTERCUP--1
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CHEERMOM
HOLLSMAMMA
SCARLETBEAN

PLAYERS & PARTNERS
DEEJAY9----SCARLETBEAN
SCARLETBEAN----DEEJAY9
FOTV--1--------AliKat32 ------
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV----REC'D
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA--REC'D
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP

This message was edited May 28, 2012 3:23 PM

This message was edited Jun 1, 2012 5:56 PM

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 12:27 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 12, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9121157

I'll commit to one box, possibly two depending on how hot it gets. Sure would be nice if we stayed in the 70's like we are now with rain every few days.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 12, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9121362

I'm in for atleast 1, will let you know as it gets closer to trade time (ie June).

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

May 13, 2012
3:33 AM

Post #9121742

Hi!

Count me in for two swaps for June...plants should be bigger by then and still not to hot out!

Fruity - Come up to NH if it's getting to hot in VA for a visit...wish I could have some of your heat! :)

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 13, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9121843

Too hot for me in June, but I will check in now and then and may pick back up at Iris digging time.
Have fun!
Alana
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 13, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #9122081

Please put me in for 2 in June. I am pretty sure I will have plenty by then.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9122251

ok crit welcome everyone
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

May 13, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9122313

Me too!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 14, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9124111

Hi Rox!

Susie, please add to the list that AliKat32 and I will be swapping.

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

May 16, 2012
3:23 AM

Post #9125599

Yes putme on the list!
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

May 16, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9126341

Hey Fruitie!
calvinccox
Burlington, ON
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
1:43 AM

Post #9133012

You can put me on the list.. I can send out 2 boxes as long as I get 2 back :-) I am in Canada so it gets real cold.. (Like -40F) So some really nice plants that I have always wanted will never survive down here.. But I can guarantee anything that survives here now can survive anywhere :-P

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
4:24 AM

Post #9133087

Cal Love to have you but I'm not sure what the Guidelines are for sending Plants to Canada Let me research this Before i put you on the list can anyone here tell me if they have sent plants into canada before or not .??

will let you know when I get more info .
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9133376

We have another Alaskan that works in the trades with us. Her name is Oberon46. She trades plants with us. You might dmail her and ask her these questions.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9133583

Crit CAL is In Canada , & Mary/Oberon is in Alaska , & I don't Know what the canadian custom's would do if we send plants across the border. I have not tried to send Plants across, would like to know if anyone has?
velmansia
Antioch, TN

May 22, 2012
10:45 AM

Post #9133593

Susie, I will do one trade with warriorswisdomkathy.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9133650

Susie, I would be a little leary of sending a box of plants to Canada myself. I send seeds frequently and they are sometimes held up in customs for a week or more pending inspection-no big deal, but if a box of plants is held by customs it may not pass and even if it does the delay could be fatal for the contents of the box. I wish it were otherwise!
Alana
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9133658

Alana, l@@kie at D/L 'Two-Part Harmony' blooming that. You shared it with me (two years ago?)

Also, I've asked Betty to chime in since she can never participate in plant swaps. She'll know the ins and outs of what can and cannot cross the border.

In the past I've mailed and received seeds from Canada, also dormants like Canna rhizomes and EE bulbs with no problem. Although I don't really know if the latter was 'legal'.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9133676

Hubby called to look at stain samples for our decks, forgot to add the pic.

D/L 'Two-Part Harmony'

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 22, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9133702

OOOH now i know what to look forward to color on my TWO-Part harmony ty for share both of you :)

I hope betty will come let us know but as alana said I also would be leary about the delay in customs . well off to plant a few plants for a lady then off to Dine with the girls at Applebees MMMMMMM Marquritaville :)))))))
so i will try to get on later this eve when i gt back.

chat more later

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9134436

Hi Everyone,
I once sent masterworts to South Africa...it took two weeks -- I sent 12 baby plants...three lasted...and I've been chatting with my trade partner on DG and she said they are doing well!

I declared plants on the customs list...they didn't seem to get stopped...but it did take a while to get to Africa! I think we should try it! I can trade with Cal...

Candi

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

May 22, 2012
9:10 PM

Post #9134548

Please count me in for June.

CheerMom
Sue G.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 23, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9134680

Candi that would be a great experiment if you are willing to do it!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9134725

I'm OK with it then we would all Know How it turns out for I for one DOn't mind sharing with our Canadian Neighbors I would be affraid to ship
if it takes 2-3 wks for the plants to arrive. so I will Put you down to send to cal . You would almost have to set up your trade soon so that both boxes would make it before I Close out the swap on the 30th of JUNE .

SO Cal Pop in & Let us know if you want to give it a shot with us & get in contact with ali

WOW Great Start of ANOTHER GREAT Swap :))) They say In the 80*-90's* by the weekend today is much cooler so i hope to get more of my plants in the ground & a few dug for the swap.so off i go before it gets to hot. you all have a great day .
back later about noon .

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9136987

Oh well duh me. I must of been asleep during geography class. lol I was meaning to say Betty, not Mary!
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9139090

I'm in for the June swap, I had lots of fun with May's swap!

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

May 26, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9139390

Hi Everyone,
I just email cal ...I'll let everyone know if there are post office issues...!
Fruity and I are going to dig up the June boxes this week since it's getting so hot where she lives... :)
Am so excited about more trades!
C
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9139641

Evening Everyone,

Susie called today and asked to let you all know that her arms are still numb from the elbows down and still can't turn her head from such a stiff neck. The dr prescribed meds yesterday to help her rest, ran some tests but they came back clear except for some muscle issues. She's on dr's orders to stay home in bed and to keep ice packs on her neck. She'll be back with us as soon as she can. You know you can't keep a good woman down! Meds are making her groggy and said she hopes to be able to to sit up long enough to post tomorrow. This same info is posted on the May plant swap thread.

Hot is right, Candi! It was over 90 with unreal humidity today...in the shade! Courtesy of the tropical depression off the Coast. Your plants will be dug and mailed when we get a little relief, hopefully next week. Thanks for being on the ball and trading with me!

This message was edited May 26, 2012 6:04 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9141616

GM all & TY FRUITY I'm still on the mend These Muscle Strains Are not any fun . so i hope you all will becareful while out in your gardens .
I won;t be on any more today But will get back when i can .
susie
velmansia
Antioch, TN

May 28, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9142021

Susie, glad to know you are coming back slowly. A deep massage would do well for those sore muscles.

Just a reminder that WWK and I will be doing a trade.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

May 29, 2012
2:58 AM

Post #9142727

Susie
Good to hear from you! Get that massage if you can...! :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9143782

How are you doing today, Susie?

It is HOT HOT HOT. Come on week-end when we finally cool off and get some much needed relief, and rain.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 29, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9143898

Evening all well i still have a slight kink in my neck but not as bad as it was . I would rather of had a kidney stone then this stiff neck i had
it hurt & yes I cried only because the meds would not let me out of bed long enough to do my gardening & critters .
but then jim did help so all went well. I do feel much better now & off the meds .
My red & pink Poppies open did I show ya yet ?
ok forgot to type what pic is 1st & so on but the Gailardia there is what I shared with a few of you . & also the PURPLE Flowers in
pic 3 is what I thought was a campanula but not sure what type .

well off to get pops ready for bed try to get back later if not then have coffee read about 6am

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9
Click an image for an enlarged view.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 29, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9144017

Susie, I realized today that the Daylily I sent you labeled Two Part Harmony is really Exotic Candy. I had more than one label mix up this year for some reason. At any rate, I will send you a real Two Part Harmony a little later. Sorry for the mix up.
Alana

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

May 29, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9144248

susie...that looks like Campanula glomerata but a bit short. Think glomeratas are 12-18", how tall is that one? Glad you're feelimg better. Are you ready for your box??? I started digging today, so let me know, will ship maybe tommorow afternoon. Oh ya, save seed from that papaver somniferum, (both colors, wowser!!!!!). Put in seed for several poppies last week: some somnif. mix and rhoeas Angel's Choir mix. I also put in some old favorites (new seed tho, lol): Reseda oderata (mignonette), Asperula orientalis (blue woodruff) and Zaluzianskya (Night Phlox 'Midnight Candy'), these 3 are sooooo fragrant and I finally remembered to get new seed and actually plant it, lol. Hurray for me!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9144466

Alana I'm sure I will enjoy The EC DL Just as Much As The TPH :) So Not to worry Ty For Letting me Know :)

Kathy Any time My NECK Is Much Better & Redy to get back to Gardening :) We are in for a Big COOL Down The next few days so I've got some digging & Planting to do :))) so you all have a great day back later at lunch time :)))

Plan to save all the seeds :)

these are only about 8-10" high

Thumbnail by deejay9

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 30, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9144469

Here is a photo of the one I sent by mistake Susie. I will send you the correct variety when I start digging DL's late in the summer.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9146263

Oh that is very pretty thank you for the MISTAKE :)))))

TODAY IS LAST DAY FOR SIGN UP FOR JUNES SWAP SO LET ME KNOW BEFORE OR BY
FRIDAY JUNE 1ST 8 AM THANK YOU ALL.

TRYING TO GET MY SWAP IN THE PARK PLANTS READY FOR SATURDAY IF ANY OF YOU CAN MAKE THE TRIP
LOVE TO HAVE YOU WE START AT 12PM. SIGN IN IS FROM 11AM -12PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 31, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9146548

June's not even here and I received a great box of plants from you today, Candi! Every month, I think now this is a great box, then the next one comes and think the same thing and on and on and on. Yours is no exception filled with very nice healthy plants!

Sage -- can't get enough Sages, Salvias, and Agastaches
Blue Cardinal Flower -- saw pics and couldn't resist asking for a start
Purple Lilacs -- love the scent in Spring and haven't had on for years
Mums: One Yellow and one Purple, can always use more Fall color
Rose Campion -- big clump and really wanted to try this one
Masterwort -- another want
Mini Hostas -- promised for our Round-Up but will have to keep an eye of each for my Hosta Garden
Cranesbill, perennial Geranium -- so nice to have another chance to grow one

Hang on, Candi! Our cool down is promised to begin this week-end and will finish digging your plants as soon as I can. Your box is next for me to mail. You did an outstanding job, and I am so pleased with the plants you shared with me :)

I know you're going to have a great time Saturday, Susie. One of these years, you never know if I'll come walking up. Now that would be a fun surprise. Hubby and I are attending an annual festival Saturday, always interesting to see the critters and stuff everybody's selling, and of course plants.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9147719

coffee break , bee raining here since yesterday noon I Not going to let up till tomorrow morning , :( & I still have many many plants to dig yet .
so much to do & jim decides to take off today & leave me in with daddy . naw I'm nnot upset I'm just burning up ;0 so guess i need to go cool off .
that is a great box fruity :) i'll mark it rec'd later have to go bake my PB Cake for tomorrow .
have a great day all .
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9148124

We have been getting some much needed rain. I am so glad to see it, we needed it so badly.

Susie, one of my trades is going to be with Amanda, so if you want to mark that down for us.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9148176

PLAYERS & PARTNERS FOR JUNE HOPE I DIDN'T MISS ANYONE, AS YOU ALL KNOW I WILL BE AWAY TOMORROW TILL ABOUT 5PM SO IF I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE TELL ME THEN I WILL CORRECT IT WHEN I GET HOME .
CRIT WISH I COULD SEND THIS TO YOU WE ARE DRENCHED. CHANGED CLOTHES TWICE TODAY .
I WILL TRY TO CHECK BACK IN AFTER I GET DADDY INTO BED .

DEEJAY9----SCARLETBEAN
SCARLETBEAN----DEEJAY9
FOTV--1--------AliKat32
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV
ALIKAT32------CALVINCCOX
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 1, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9148487

Hi Everyone!

Fruity - glad the plants made it...I hope you get a cool down...that would be awesome for the new plants!

Deejay - - it would be so much fun to show up and say surprise tomorrow! Good luck!

It's going to rain here tomorrow so all my new little plants from the May swap will be happy happy happy once again! I just got 5 noid day lilies from another side trade...so I'll be planting those this weekend and weeding another garden out that i've neglected this spring! It seems the weeding is never done!

I haven't heard from Cal yet...hopefully I'll get a email...I did send one off!
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9148803

I am so excited, just got back from the nursery and tucked away on the clearance rack I found a gallon pot of Schreiner's Iris 'Before the Storm' for $4. Yay! I have been looking for a black iris! I never see them around here.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9149604

ALI : Was Looking for ya to pop in on me :) But I Know you was busy :) So all forgiven :) What a Wonderful Busy day .
& so Much to share Just So very tired tonight to really think or spell so I will Post a few pic's tomorrow on our MICH GARDENING
Form & Share the Link here for anyone who would like to see . so off to close my eyes early tonight .
back for coffee in the morning :)))

Just wanted to share my Gifts I received :) Forgive My Messy Frig door & catch all dresser:)
INCH WORM & DOGIE BONE ,

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9149721

HERE IS WHERE I POSTED A FEW OF OUR PLANT SWAP PICTURES ALSO FOR ANY OF YOU WHO RECEIVED DAHLIA BULBS FROM MY FRIEND PAT SHE WAS AT THE SWAP & YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO PUT A FACE TO YOUR EMAILS :)))
WITH HER .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1251855/
GOOD NIGHT ALL
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #9149807

Aww Susie, that caterpillar is just too cute! Nice find!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9150246

I would be glad to do one more box besides Amanda if anyone likes herbs and such. Some other type plants too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9150924

Candi, Your box of plants will be in the wind tomorrow. You and Susie have the D/C #'s.

Susie, I'll send another box in June. I can't believe I just said that, but would like to share one more while we're in a cool down and be able to take advantage of next week's highs here that are only supposed to be in the 70's and one rainy day only in the 60's.

Would one of you folks listed below I haven't swapped or traded with in this year's swaps be interested in sending a second box of plants this month and receive one from me?

scarletbean
roxxanne
velmansia

velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 4, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9151575

FOTV: I wouldn't mine but you may already have everything I have growing. You could check my list and see if I have anything you could use.
Vel
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 4, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9151656

FOTV - if no one bites - and if Susie lets me - I will trade even though I'm not signed up for June.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9152565

Vel, I'd love to trade with you and take advantage of our ultra low temps this week and put a box of plants together for you. I also wanted to mention that I never mind receiving duplicates from anyone, so no worries there. We each have hubbies who love to mow, but mine just said yesterday he'd like to have a new garden with flowers incorporated with veggies. I just grinned and said what a great idea! lol It might have helped having a magazine open on the coffee table with the exact same idea and a step-by-step how to guide.

The spread reminded me a lot of your new bed, Candi, with stepping stones to boot.

I'm sure Susie won't mind adding you, Steph, since you and I already have a side trade going on. We can just add it to.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9152585

LOL funny Sooz -- the magazine trick works all the time! I'm always saying to my hubby...well look at that...isn't that a nice idea...maybe we can make that happen...he's such a great sport! Flowers and veggies...nice idea...annuals? I just planted my veggie garden and added a row of multi-colored sunflowers...just cuz I like them. I've got to go and get marigolds to plant around the edges ...they are so smelly that sometimes they help keep the deer away! Not as good as kathy's fence... Can't wait for my new plants from you! Trading is SO MUCH FUN!

Deejay -- love the inch worm...very very cute! Sorry I didn't make it! :(

Crit -- Do I have anything you want on my list? Cal hasn't responded to my Dmail yet and it's been about 10 days...I'm not sure I'll have that trade! Let me know if you want to trade????

I'm traveling to CT tomorrow night and won't be home until late Wednesday...I'll check in then! Goodnight everyone!

Below is my girl kitty "Lucky" snuggling with me yesterday!

Thumbnail by AliKat32

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 4, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9152606

Well My Little TUFFY Just erased My Long message to you all so guess it is time to get off here. scarletbean I will try to get your box out This next week On Monday I HOPE >

Minnie ,anyone can join & ask anyone i if they want to trade or not. so Just Jump in any time
Been in the gardens from 7 am to 8 pm daily not much break in between only for my coffee break :))) Looking good .
bed time back when I can
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9152650

Kathy, Look at the DIANTHUS x Lovliness you just shared with me in April, now full of sweet frilly blooms, so pretty and delicate looking.

Candi, OMG, our cats could be twins! Mine is a 10# neutered male named Max, and boy is he a lover jumping in my lap to snuggle and paw-paws on me all the time, and he's famous for moving his head under my hand so I scratch it in just the right places.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2012
9:38 PM

Post #9152760

Yah fruity, wait til it rains and looks like a wet kleenex, lol...Did you smell it yet???? OMG, do it's wonderful, and remember to keep some seed as it's not long lived. Seems like maybe 3 years and the pooof, it's gone. And sorry to say it doesn't reseed in the garden, darn!!!!

The last of the iris are blooming now...phooey, sure wish they would bloom allllll season!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 5, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9152960

Love the orange one in pic 5 Kathy.
Only a few of mine have bloomed. Waiting for about 9 other "breeds" to bloom now. My black one will bloom any day. 'Wabash' is the longest blooming one so far. Been 2 weeks now and I still have flowers. 'Celebration Song' bloomed last week and its still going too. 'Dauntless' went quick and 'Spun Gold' is trying to hang in there as well.
Sooz: plan on a box coming then :) Want more LOV? ;) lol. I will check your list - see what I have in the yard.
I found the Oriole nest in the tree the other night. 40+ feet off the ground. Excited to have them nesting in the yard even with all the activity. And 6 baby mallards are scooting around the swamp with momma. Very cute. I think there might be a hummingbird nest near by as well. I keep seeing the same couple at the feeders each dawn and dusk.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9153202

AFTERNOON EVERYONE just checking in while i have some relaxing time :) & lunch over with daddys back in his chair Ready for his nap ;) love all the blooms my irises didn;t bloom as well as they did in the pass few years I'm sure it had much to do with the weather this year . so Don't plan to see many this year . going to fertilize heavy this fall in all the gardens . I HOPE TO ANYWAY.

SCARLETBEAN: Maybe i told ya i cannot remember but going to do my best to get your box out next week Monday but No later then weds;) trying to get my wash done today , got up about 5 am moved all my furniture off the carpets got it SHAMPOO'D so that is drying
while i'm in with daddy also got about 13 more plants into the ground all before 11 am so not a bad morning .

look at the twins :) got to share how funny tuffy Is as ya all know she is still a little SQUIRT But she can raise Cain with the other critters i wish i had a movie cam to record . she plays with my cat GOLDIE ,you would think she was a c
at . but then when i go out to do dishes or to the sink she runs out with me & Heels like a dog same as out in the garden she lays next to my feet as soon as i stop walking. so funny .

ALI have you heard from "CALVIN' About a swap ? just wondered .

OOPS Mailman coming up the drive back later

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
9:29 PM

Post #9154105

Hey all - Patti signed me up for June. Now to get Scarletbean her box from May . . .. Looks like she'll be up to her ears with mine and Susie's boxes coming early next week. Lucky girl. :)

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 7, 2012
3:36 AM

Post #9155401

Deejay -- no emails from Calvin yet...! So I'm free for another trade...waiting to hear from Crit...

Fruity -- got your box -- it was so awesome to arrive home from CT around 7:30 and see it waiting for me! Of course I had to open it and plant them! I got all the shade and sun plants planted except for the day lilies...those I will plant today after school gets out! Thanks for the wonderful plants of:
ajuga
astible
coneflower - white
seven types of day lilies (OMG that's very generous!)
lenten rose
coral bells
hosta (two types)
missouri primrose
bee balm

AND you even sent me all the plant tags! THANK YOU THANK YOU! Thoughts of you are certainly growing in my garden! I can't believe how much our kitties look alike! Lucky and Max...bet they would be friends too!

Liz - The wisteria you sent is already sending out baby shoots from its stem...very exciting!

Gotta run...off to work!

have a great day everyone!

C

Thumbnail by AliKat32

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2012
3:57 AM

Post #9155410

WOW Great box :) off early this morning also wishing you all a great day .

susie
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

June 7, 2012
3:58 AM

Post #9155412

So fun ti read everyone's frantic planting activity, we all know this cooldown isn't going to last. Sonice to have you friends who understand the joy of gardening!
My garden activity has slowed down, now it's weeding, watering and waiting. Maybe after work this evening i can post photos, cant do it from iPad have to set up my laptop. Really loving the day lilies, fruity some of the ones you sent in March are blooming, Chicago Apache has a bud thats ready to open soon; the real thing will probably look even better than pix ive seen. Plus Last week got two new echinacea: fragrant angel and flamethrower. Look like they will bloom later this month, again, the waiting part, sigh.
Installed a neat little watering system on my new perennial bed from a kit, no timers yet but it's a start to deeper watering than I can accomplish with a watering can. I love summer.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 7, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9155542

More iris blooming.
NOID on either of them.

And can anyone tell me what this other thing is?

Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9155549

That looks like Galium aparine.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 7, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9155586

friend or foe? It is trying to take over the space I have my bee balm and cone flower in - as well as my siberian iris. Just have it in one spot - so weed? I dont really like it - and I know I can pull it - anyone want it before I toss it?

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9155666

Sorry, minne. It's a noxious weed. It is annoying as all get out because it clings to you and everything else, but it is not hard to pull out.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 7, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9155728

out it comes...thanks.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9155763

We have it out in our wood Not in my gardens as of yet anyway but i have seen it back in the woods . open field .
WOW what a day already , getting way to warm to work out side so I'm going to get my house straightened up ya all have a great day.
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 7, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9155768

Susie, please note that my June trade to WWK has arrived its destination.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9156217

Good growing, Judy! I l always love seeing pics of blooms I've shared. They make my day. A lot of times, I've noticed colors can differ depending on various growing conditions.

Candi, you have more energy than the ever ready bunny...lol Glad you liked everything. If you don't already know and the roots on the Daylilies look a little dry or shriveled, dunk them in a bucket of water just up to their crowns for a couple of hours and they'll plump up. Are you a teacher? They are so under-appreciated and underpaid here.

Learned that dunking trick from you, Susie ;) and you also taught me how to prepare them and Irises to mail.

Velma and Steph, tomorrow is my car maintenance day for an oil change and a State Inspection sticker and will grocery shop afterward; Saturday is the local Farmer's Market (don't sell, just purchase) but may stay home to finish a couple of trade boxes. Anywho, I'm shooting to mail your boxes Monday before meeting another DG'er for a quick fly by or Tuesday. I'll keep you posted and send each of you and Susie the D/C numbers.

That weed hasn't cropped up yet, but have enough Henbit to choke a horse, and it's still popping up as fast as I can rip it up.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 7, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9156396

Howdy everyone!

Fruity - I did put those day lilies in a bucket of water...didn't know I was suppose to but since I couldn't plant them yesterday I really wanted to make sure they were happy! So I'm glad it was the right thing to do... BTW are you suppose to send iris tubers that way - dry root? Just checking as I don't really know anything much about sending plants other then just keeping the roots wet...so if it's better to send iris and daylily that way (dry root) let me know so I don't mess up in the future! :) I work as a school principal now after 10 years of teaching pre-k, k, 1 and 2 grade. I work with 4th, 5th and 6th graders and it's really fun with the bigger kids! I can't believe I've been an administrator for over 10 years now! Where is the time going????

Buttercup - I agree with you about weeding...it's been raining here so much that the weeds are out of control! I thought I was ahead but MAN one walk around yesterday and I'm so FAR behind now! UGH! I'll be weeding this weekend! Your now watering system sounds great!

HAPPPPPPPPPY almost Friday everyone!

C

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 7, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9156432

Soooo sorry, thought I posted...I got my wonderful box from velmansia. Can't find my list now...it's around here somewhere...Egads!!!! Will find in the morning and post pix!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 7, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9156438

oooops, meant to say here's some pix I made of 2 bouquets for garden club on Tues., I bought the baby's breath as mine isn't open yet, (next week), and the white mums. The rest is from my little garden, lol. (1st bouquet 3 pix, front, back and a close up. After, I took them to my daughter's office for her to enjoy, and today I picked them up and gave to her neighbor who I found out is terminal and only a few months left, so sad, I told her another bouquet would be coming next week. Enjoy!!!! Kathy.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 7, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9156456

I am trying to find some green button mums, Kathy. Anyone?
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 7, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #9156492

WWK, you really have a gift for flowers. That blue iris is stunning. Don't forget to send me some when I get sick...just looking at the bouquet will make me feel better.
Nice job!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 7, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9156501

Amanda look at Bluestoneperennials.com.

Sorry..this new phone camera just isn't as good as my other, alot of glare, lol... Thanks. I love large country type bouquets..that's why I grow as many tall things as I can find...

Minni...love that first iris and it's Horns, so cute!!!!

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 8:43 PM
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 8, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9156775

And I dont know what either of them are! The black one, if I remember correctly, was a ditch find - and the peach came in a trade. Im sure if I dig back through my stuff I will find the name of the peach one.

Saturday, I will be doing a 5k called "Go Commando" http://gocommando.us/ - so no gardening for me. Maybe Sunday. I've been walking around my yard "marking" plants to dig (in my mind) while I water. Supposed to be 93 this weekend. Havent felt that since March ;) lol. Seriously though.

Tired today. Would love to be in the yard working. Instead I am behind a desk for the day. Will check in later.
Steph
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9157238

Kathy, I am guessing none of that bad weather in colorado was near you? Hope not.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9157366

Evening all so sorry I've been MIA Daddys Is Not well at all I've Had No Sleep since 6am Thursday I Just came out to the House To try to rest as soon as I Go let Let the rest of my family out od state Know What is Happing. we have so much going on this weekend please forgive if you do not hear from me .
Doc just called me to say stay away from any Knifes This weekend My INR was 3.9 so now i know why i have felt so weak & Its not just the lack of Sleep.

Really can use your T"S & P"S This weekend Back when I Can Hugs all Sure miss ya .
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 8, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9157649

Susie - hugs and prayers. Take all the time you need.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9157823

So sorry, Susie. Take care.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9158093

up-date sitting in with daddy while jim is at the GRADUATIONs 2 of them today His GK's , Daddy is more alert today but is very tired guess he should be after being awake for 3 days & Nights The Infection came back into his body took lonnger for the antibiotic to work this time but now he can get his rest so he can get well once again .

to my partner this month scarletbean I hope to go to your wish list today to mark some of the plants you might like that i can share with.
then i will rest while daddy is resting ;)

i would like to ask that if you have sent or rec'd a Box & if i have not been able to come up-date
would someone COPY & PASTE THIS LIST & PUT REC'D NEXT TO THE NAME THAT REC'D ?
SURE WOULD HELP ME ALLOT THANK YOU.

HAVE A COOL DAY
SUSIE
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9158125

Trying to help Susie out today ;)

DEEJAY9----SCARLETBEAN
SCARLETBEAN----DEEJAY9
FOTV--1--------AliKat32----------------REC'D
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV
ALIKAT32------CALVINCCOX--------------- No Response from CalvinCCox
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSMAMMA----ROXXANNE
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP

Hopefully I didn't scroll past a post that had more boxes ;) Long day, back out into the garden!

This message was edited Jun 9, 2012 12:44 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9158427

You have got to get better and stay well Susie, Daddy too! We all miss you when you aren't feeling up to par and able to check in as often as you usually do.

Thanks for helping, Liz. I know it's a big help and relief for Susie. When you get a minute, please mark Candi / AliKat32 rec'd from me (her post is up there on June 7th). I committed to 3 boxes this month, and also have trades with Velma / velmansia and Steph / minnesippi if you would add those as well.
Ladies, your plants are packed and will be mailed Monday. It's so hot today and will be again tomorrow so your boxes are inside where it's cool. Haven't taped them shut so the plants can breathe, nor have I printed your labels yet.

Candi, Susie taught me how to mail Daylilies and Irises (both bare root). This article is about Irises and is exactly how she advised preparing both Irises and Daylilies when I first started trading. Get your bottle of bleach handy...lol
http://www.bachmans.com/Garden-Care/divHomePage.html?cnb=GardenCare&categoryCode=02&pageIndex=_pageIndexToken_dealingWithIrisBorers

Roses are mailed bare root as well. Not sure about any other plants. Anybody with experience know of others?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9158626

Evening all Jim got home about 7 pm so I went out & watered for we had a very hot day & I had watered this morning but had a few plants really wilting from the heat Just put my critters in for the night & Now I Can get to all my emails .

TY LIZ : daddy is better But Not out of the woods yet he is still very weak I will be with him all tomorrow while jim & Jan Are putting on the party for their daughter that Graduated . I will be happy to stay inside in the air conditioning & Not out in the 90* weather :)
well Tinker is ready to be put in her cage so you all have a great evening .
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9158654

Good luck Susie and your welcome! I hope it all starts to work out for you.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 10, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9159565

EVENING TO ALL , party over, everyone gone all is put away took my shower PJ"S On AC in on time to cool down lay back , daddy's is in bed most time right now with his infection & Bing on two antibiotics He is catching up on all the sleep he missed out on :) so now jim & I are also able to get a few hours sleep in :) NO MORE PARTY"S FOR ME This Month all the Grads were here today so they Got their MONEY CARDS Today :))) so Now I Can Get Back to my Gardens & Swaps In Between My Shifts With Daddy :)))
they say a cool down for TUESDAY & WEDS 70"S So i can get into the gardens then for sure.

well I have to go burn a CD For My sister then off to lay back & watch a MOVIE GN All Back tomorrow Maybe later tonight if I don't fall asleep :) HEHE
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9160309

Hope you slept well Susie and you got caught up on your sleep and Daddy is getting better.

Wanted to show you all my gang! The brown duck is the only one with a name and it is Hershey...LOL We have figured out we have two ducks with some kind of leg problems. If you look at one of the white ones he can't straighten his legs up like all the rest of the ducks so when he walks he really waddles..., then one of the black ones which when the sun shines on them they have blue feathers, doesn't walk correctly and doesn't stay standing very long. Since I don't know anything about ducks I hope they don't get any worse, one of my goals today is to figure out more about them.

Second picture is of the whole gang. We bought a dog pen, put a tarp over the top and we move it all each day to somewhere new on the property. Once the ducks are bigger they will be able to roam, not sure about the chickens because the first time they get in my flower bed and tear it up, dh and all of them will be in big trouble...rofl

Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 11, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9160318

cute cute!
There was a wild goose that hung around our place for a few years that had something going on with his leg...we named him 'Gimpy'. Easy to identify him each year though :)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9160334

Thank you Minn, you just named another one of our ducks... ;)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 11, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9160465

:)
We loved Gimpy. He was wild, but responded when you talked to him. He & his lady raised 3 broods in our front yard. Dont know what happened to him - havent seen him in 7 years now. Im sure his kids are in my yard still though.

You could name the other (Hop along) 'Casidy'

This message was edited Jun 11, 2012 9:09 AM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9160614

hey all its about noon here daddy is finely resting ooops spoke too soon been up with him since 12 am still no sleep waiting for jim to get home his dd had surgery this morning , i Have home care bring out New mattress for daddys bed , also another type of antibiotic for now they found two types of bacteria in his body so now he has to take 2 types anTIB ,

to my partner SCARLEBEAN I'm sorry but at this rate I'm not sure i wouldn't be able to do right by your box will you let me make it up to you at a later date ??? maybe someone here might be able to take my place this month i feel bbad about this but I Cannot get into the gardens right now even my weeds are take over .

i did get a couple great picture this morning of new BLOOMS

PIC 1 LONG STOCKINGS
PIC 2 IS THE GAILARDIA OR RUDBECKIA I SHARED WITH A FEW OF YOU
PIC 3 IS MY SHADOW WHO THE KIDS HAVE RENAMED TINKER BELL
PIC 4 IS THE LOVELYNESS DIANTHUS FROM WWKATHY :)

WELL OFF TO REST IN THE CHAIR WHILE DADDY IS SNORING HURAY ;0 WILL TRY TO GET BACK LATER TODAY
MISS YA ALL .
SUSIE

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9161271

Susie if it is helpful for you I could send scarlet beans box this month, and ok with her of course!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9161982

TY HM That is Nice Of you , Just email her I'm so sorry to have to back out at this time , but i just have no time to dig the plants let alone
wrap them :) & I want to do right by my boxes , So SB I Will make it up to you at a later date .

Jim just sent me out here to Lay back But I'm Just to wond up to sleep after being up & Down with daddy all night. He cannot sleep & very thirsty every 20 mins , or his back or arm hurts , anyway Its a rough time right now for me to get on here .
I Know you all know what I'm going through :) Got to try to rest so I can go back in & Help.
TY FOR THE T"S & P"S

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9162043

More T"S & P"S than you will know deejay...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9162138

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA here. My daughter came and spent 2 weeks with me. Having some health issues.

YES ALI ... I would love to do a trade with you if you are still available.

Amanda, is there anything particular on my list that you want?

Have not read all threads yet, but wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still here.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
10:54 AM

Post #9162229

Oh Crit, I was hoping you were just busy playing with the DGKs...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 12, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9162474

Susie - you'll be glad to know I just got my May box out to Scarletbean/Jessica, so she'll prolly forgive you. She's a kind girl. :D

Patti - I haven't looked but with this heat and new job and all that mess I'm afraid I might ought to do what Susie has just done.

Besides - you said you already got a passiflora right? I was going to send you the P. lutea. Let me know - it would lighten my "load" a bit. Loveya. :D

xox
A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9162638

evening all well got just a few mins for my turn to get a little rest so i can go back in with daddy @ 10pm so jim can sleep . I Hated to drop but it is best I Just don't have the energy to pick up a shovel right now. doc called me today told me to get into the ER & Get A Dose of Vitamin K Drip for my INR was 4.9 so off i went & I'm still moving slow :( & feeling sluggish so off to rest .

Margaret will be here tonigh Jims going to pick her up at the train station so i look forward to lots of rest :)) when she gets here .
so happy gardening to you all . HUGS
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9162704

Susie, you take it easy. You know everyone here is more concerned about you and your family than getting some plants.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9162824

Get some well-deserved sleep & rest, Susie. I thought about calling to check on you this afternoon, but didn't want to take a chance interrupting in case you were napping.

Steph and Velma, tracking says your plants I just mailed yesterday are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That could really be true for yours, Velma, since we live in neighboring States. Most likely though, Steph, yours will arrive Thursday.

Nice brood, happ. When I was working, there were always several cattle either submerged in a pond in Summer or grazing in the field, especially in the afternoons on my way home, and were always accompanied by one lone Canadian Goose somewhere nearby. I always thought to myself 'there's Loosey Goosey'. I still look for her when I pass that farm knowing she's been gone for years. Don't know what happened to her but would like to think she found a family at another pond like my neighbor has where several Canadian Geese live year-round.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9162835

Susie - Hugs and love coming your way! Take it easy and rest up! Positive thoughts for your daddy!

Crit - let's trade! I'll check out your list -- and you mine...I'll send a dmail to you... :)

Minne -- how was the 5k? I have a race on Thursday night -- hollis fast 5 - it's flat or downhill and the fastest runners can finish in 15 min or less! I am totally not in that group but running helps to keep me in shape from all the junk I like to eat!

Fruity - thanks for the bare root link...I'll check it out...I planted all the day lilies in my side garden and if they take that section will be lovingly called fruity's place! I can't wait to see all those new colors!

Happy - love your duckies! Reminds me...Susie -- how's tuffy?

All -- it's a crazy time of year at school -- we've got 7 more days and so much stuff to finish! I'll be in and out checking the thread! I miss you all when I can't check in! xoxo everyone!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
7:46 PM

Post #9162937

You're so sweet, Candi. One area of my garden is called "Amen Corner" named after a DG friend. The Augusta National Golf Course might come to mind, but instead of Green Jackets, here it's filled with Daylilies she shared with me, along with so many others planted in surrounding areas from trades or swaps.

Counting down the days with ya til "School's Out...For Summer." You're probably too young to remember that old Alice Cooper song though :)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #9163012

Sorry... I forgot to post pix of my trade from velmansia.

Happ...no that weather was just west of me ( about 9 miles)... I did watch about 8 or 9 funnels come down and go back into the clouds. Gosh, I didn't even get the camera out, what was I thinking...I must admit I was a bit unerved, lol. I thought for sure it was coming my way and it went north instead. Whew!!!!

deejay...hope things are getting better for you!!!!! Hugs!

Weather has been decent the last few days, got almost 1/2 " of rain yeasterday. Trying to keep things watered. Big forest fire about 100 miles to the north, sure wish we could get some rain all over the state...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9163278

GM all Margaret is here I was able to relax with a well deserved LONG SHOWER & Now I Feel wide awake this am :) going to grab my coffee & Walk margaret around the gardens :)

ALI : Tuffy Has been renamed to TINKERBELL By all the Kids She is Growing As you can see in the 3rd Pic up above she follows me around the gardens . as dose the cat :)

Margaret is coming so off we go will be back later .
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 13, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9163302

Ali - 5 k went better than I expected. I dont run, I dont exercise. I garden. I am also a 25 year smoker - so the hardest part was breathing :) Did good though. DH was proud that I made it through. Obstacles were fun. water, fire, mud...

Sooz - cant wait for the box :) I will be digging this weekend.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9163333

Kathy, I have been hearing about those fires and they are horrible...goodness. So glad the tornados passed you by.

Susie your cat doesn't bother the birds? I have been afraid to let the cat, ducks, chickens, and all together. One dog Sam (black lab) could care less about the ducks or the chickens and they walk all around him, Shortie (wire terrier) got a couple of chickens when they stuck their head thru the fence, we had Shorties when I had some other ducks and geese and he didn't bother them, so I don't know what to think of that, then the basset hound.. hard to tell about him, we have not let the birds loose around him. Glad Margaret made it back.

I stayed up too late last night watching the movie Mr. Brooks, with Kevin Costner and Demi Moore, old movie but it was good thriller...gonna make for a long day.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9163969

Velma, Do you have any plants left in your gardens? Oh my gracious! The contents were spilling over the table on my side porch. I kept pulling plant after plant after plant out of the box. All these were masterfully packed in a Large Flat Rate box..

Rumex 'Bloody Dock' -- beautiful foliage
Lysimachia variegata - variegated Creeping Jenny -- going in the barrel with my Hibiscus
Ghost Fern for my part shade garden
Purple Oxalis
Helebores Orientalis -- cutest little plant
Sedums
- Variagata, very unusual, never had one like it
- Stonecrop
- Autumn Joy
Epimedium
White Ginger
Begonia
Lysimachia Cleothroides -- Gooseneck Loosethrife -- Going to put this bad boy in a pot...lol But I love it
Tiarella
Crocosmia 'Lucifer'
Coreopsis 'Nana'

Probably a couple I missed. There's a LOT. Can you help me ID the one in the last photo please? Thank you for being so generous, Velma!
Confirmation says your plants were delivered today as well, and yours were too Steph. Have fun digging.
There's lots of work ahead for me, but that's a good thing.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 13, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9164086

FOTV, thanks for a wonderful trade. I am glad you like your collection of plants. I ask myself the same question...where are all these plants growing?...Considering my small space. The gooseneck, this is my 2nd yr growing it and so far not invasive- maybe the shade is keeping it in control. The plant in the 5th pic is knotweed (persicaria). It roots pretty fast in water or planted, the more sun it gets the darker the leaves. I had mine potted when I first got it and it makes a nice potted plant. The flowers are not that pretty-grown for the foliage and it is a perennial.

In my large box that came today I received:
4 different kinds of hostas- great for my shady garden
Echinacea pow-wow- the only one showing severe stress
2 kinds of daylilies-Southseas and Truelove- looking forward to see these in bloom, nice color.
Iris; orange-high on my want list
Coreopsis-full moon
Pulmonaria-another of my wants
Tomorrow I will be out ready to get them in the ground.
Thanks for a great trade

Thumbnail by velmansia

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 13, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9164266

Thank you Sooz! Just unpacked the box and I love them all. Doing this from my phone so please forgive me if I misspell or something.
Heuchera noid
echinacea pow wow wild berry
missouri primrose
daylily druid chant
Daylily rainbow gold
Daylily highland
And tags for all!
They are drinking tonight...its dark and bed time.

Thank you again!

Thumbnail by minnesippi

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

June 13, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #9164349

Received my box from cheer mom today, some very interesting plants that I will have to research. They are getting a little soak tonite and will be planted tomorrow, were having really wet weather so I think these babies will be just fine. I will post photo and the list tomorrow.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2012
9:44 PM

Post #9164432

Ok, an updated list :)

Looks like you ladies got some great plants! Velma, is the oxalis hard to grow and take care of? I have been looking at getting some but haven't done it yet.

DEEJAY9----SCARLETBEAN
SCARLETBEAN----DEEJAY9
FOTV--1--------AliKat32----------------REC'D
FOTV--------VELMANSIA----------REC'D
FOTV--------MINNESIPPI---------REC'D
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV
ALIKAT32------CALVINCCOX--------------- No Response from CalvinCCox
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA------------REC'D
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY---------------REC'D
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSMAMMA----ROXXANNE
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM----------REC'D
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP

Does this look correct to everyone? Roxxanne, you and I need to work out our trade lol, looks like we are falling behind ;)

Minnesippi, you will love the pow wow wild berry, I have one and it just sent out the first bloom, and oh my, she is a pretty one! I will get out there and take a pic of it tomorrow, lol I am quite proud of it!

velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 14, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9164757

Hollysmamma, the oxalis is very easy to grow and likes moisture and shade. I'll be more than happy to send you some. I would suggest planting in a pot and burying the pot or keep the area contained . Not a spreader but the croms are very delicate and break off easily and can be very small not easily seen and as you turn the soil over the croms migrate and now you have another cluster growing. The croms grow down so can be deep which makes digging up even more challenging-the delicate croms are always left behind. I still enjoy having them around.

Correction; FOTV and velmansia have both received our trades.
WWKathy received my trade hers have not arrived as yet.
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 14, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9165181

Is anyone growing this plant and would like to share? I will cover the postage.
Spigelia

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
4:03 PM

Post #9165319

Nope, sorry Vel.

On a different note, I think I will stay in Patti -

Also - Susie asked if someone would step in and I will send another box to Scarletbean because there were sooo many things I forgot to send the first time!!!

Thanks.

A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9165592

Thanks for the Persicaria ID, Velma. After looking back in our D-mails I realized it had to be Knotweed and have planted it in my small bog garden. And I'm sorry the White Pow Wow Coneflower didn't make it. It didn't look good at all when I mailed it and was I was afraid it would turn to mush. The only other one I kept is planted, and you're first in line for a division, even if it's next year. Daylily 'Southseas' is one of my favorite hot-colored Daylilies, and is a good clumper, The other one I sent is Rare Love and is a slow grower here.

Steph, a lot of times I take a break on the porch and read emails and posts on my iPhone, not that I'm into gadgets, but it was a really economical upgrade around my birthday. I haven't used it much for anything else except for a few maps, like I go anywhere...lol, and weather, and lists of notes that never seem to end. One of your Daylilies you've probably figured from the tag is Highland Lord, which is another very good clumper.

South Seas is blooming now, but these pics are from last year...

Pic 1 -- D/L South Seas
Pic 2 -- D/L Rare Love
Pic 2 -- D/L Highland Lord

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9165682

Here's a pretty that showed up today - 2 separate plants bloomed today.

Froot - did give this to me at the RU or did Neener?

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

June 14, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #9165687

Here's what I got from cheer mom
Two daylilies : Gallant Eyes and Beat the Baron
and a large Sheffalaria houseplant
Mandevilla sanderi 'Rio Deep Red'
Also three heuchera. Dales strain. Purple petticoats and melting red.
All are planted and appreciated! Thanks cheer mom. This week has been very hectic and stressful you folks and the plants help me stay grounded. Picture is on my phone, can't post from iPad and I'm in bed. Good night!

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2012
8:51 PM

Post #9165711

I received a big box of beautiful healthy plants from Judy (scbuttercup) today and I am so so so pleased I really love every one.

I got:

variegated sage
sedum with rose colored flowers
an unknown sedum (so cute)
daylilly curly pink ribbons
daylily lavender water
threadleaf coreopsis (very green - we don't see green like that in the desert very often!)
variegated vinca vine (HUGE)
and feverfew

Thanks for a wonderful box, Judy.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 14, 2012
10:31 PM

Post #9165789

Sorry...been busy here, trying to keep things watered, wow will trade for rain!!!!!!
will attempt to get to more boxes going out as I can, and I will be off the last week of June. Hoping to get started on the backyard this weekend, have to, my driveway is so full of plants...trees , shrubs and perenns, oh ya and annuals, Gads sacks!!!!

No..Happ..those fires are more than 100 miles to the north of me...thankgoodness. Hate to say that but I am thankful...Will gladly accept any rain wishes sent, I've been lucky to get some here, but need more (15-17" a year of rain/snow is not much, but as I say all is welcomed).

Wow, these boxes flying about are always great.. it's amazing the variety of plant material that is being shared...Hate to ask but has anyone else asked themselves...What are we going to do next year? LOL...Does that mean I also have to update my lists this winter? lol. And get some new plants, LOL, ok, twist my arm!!!!! Enough, enough, I promise, more new plants...

pix 1:Speaking of which a new coreopsis a grandiflora that's actually yelllow
pix 2: new j j
pix 3: a new lily from the Botanic Gardens sale
pix 4: Crambe cordifolia, wind broke a few stems, darn!!!
pix 5: one of my shrub clematis

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9166081

Kathy that creamy yellow coreopsis is yummy enough to eat. :)

Sending you rain wishes...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9166270

LOVE All The Picks sorry for Being MIA but it is busy around here daddy still dose not sleep , sleep Meds do not help , He is wired
& Doc's don't know why. Margaret is here now to help us & It is a HUGE Help :)
TY ALL FOR WATCHING OUT FOR THE TRADES FOR ME Hate being away like this , but at times it takes 2 of us to handle daddy.
on stand by right now findly got him napping not easy to do .
will try to get back in later today . got to get my dishes done :)
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9167274

Susie glad you are getting some help, I can't imagine how hard it is.

As much as I need rain I would gladly send it to the fires...

Told myself this year no plant swaps until I get everything planted and honestly I have done pretty good but you guys are killing me...love all the pics. I think I have plants that are still in pots from 2 years ago...ugh! The garden room is still not empty because of all the projects going on but I think I have planted at least one plant a day for the last 2 weeks, which hasn't been easy since we are so dry but rewarding, don't know how I got so far behind, but look out next year...rofl. That is if my 'willpower' doesn't die before then... ;)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9167505

kathy found a couple names bird's eye gilia & Tidy TIPS -Layia Platyglossa
here are the two i cannot id yet maybe one is a MINI LUPINE ???

Miss ya Happ But I Hear ya about Plants in POTS :) My Goal Is to get them into the GROUND By Fall :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9167523

Really hot so I have the soaker hoses laid out and started planting hostas that are yes in pots...rofl. Looks like I have lost some tags so going to one evening go thru the commerical tags and see if I match plant to plant. Say I am going to do that evey year with daylilies but...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9167649

HEHEHE ROTF OVER THAT ONE
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9167653

Dang DJ it sounded good...rofl.

Figured it out deejay, I found a plastic tag (which doesn't last at my house because of big dogs) and it said cheatin heart and it was in the hosta bed, so I came in on the computer but without dragging the laptop out I couldn't match leaves...hummm...light bulb came on took the kindle out expanded the photo placed it next to the hostas, read the descriptions and wal-la found the match...rofl.. one down and 9,999 more to go..rofl.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9167691

WISH THAT i COULD HAVE THAT TYPE OF luck :))) I Have Decided that if I cannot find a tag so be it I have so many tags scattered in the gardens I 'm not going to bother keeping track any more of my Names or Un named they all have a name at one time or another & If anyone who wants to have a share of my plants fine if not that is ok also for I Love the colors & I'm not going to worry about their names any more . I'm getting to old NOT TO JUST ENJOY MY Gardens Now :)))

I Have more tags then I Do plants out there Not going to bother any more EVERY COMPANY Has a Different Name for the SAME PLANT any more . well about time to go in & Decide what to fix for super KNOW ITS Not going on the stove :)))
Have a great afternoon
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 16, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9167797

Thanks Deejay! That's my take on tagging also. Too much trouble trying to find the right pencil/pen that won't washed off. All the taggings I did last month have already faded and I used the mini slats with pencils and some with permanent markers as I have been told and now I have slats with faded writings you can hardly read.
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

June 16, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9167968

What a Yuckie day. it started great with playing in garden, especially with 3 heuchera from Cheermom. Then some watering and weeding, getting my teens to do some yard work to surprise their dad. He happened to be at work for a special Saturday staff meeting. Well, when he returned from that meeting he had news for us: he lost his job. We sure didn't see that one coming, the kids were upset, especially our daughter in college. Even though we have money set aside for college she was worried no matter how we reassured her. I feel strangely calm because my job is commission based and I've built up my business so much these last five years that we can make do on my income alone if need be. But we were doing so well saving and investing for retirement, this is such a bummer. I'm sure this will eventually turn into a change for the better but it's so hard to deal with uncertainty. Even though we are very fortunate and I know he'll land on his feet, all I can think right now is "poor me."

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9167989

Aww Judy I'm sorry. What a cruddy thing to happen. It's great that you are so centered that you feel calm about it. It sure is an up and down world these days. Find peace in your garden and I hope you and your family will be able to take comfort in each other.

xox
A.

ridoodles

ridoodles
Warwick, RI
(Zone 6b)

June 16, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9168057

I AM SO SORRY TO HAVE MISSED OUT , WAS WONDERING HOW TO YOU PAIR OFF PEOPLE ? IS IT BY ZONES?
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 16, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9168116

Judy, sorry about your bad news. This is the time when the family will have to stay strong and lean on each other to keep the spirit high. Try not to lose hope ...hope will let you see the better days ahead. Stay strong in your prayers and trusting in Him who will lift you up.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9168194

I'm so sorry, Judy. At least you're fortunate to have a back-up plan. So many folks these days don't and live month to month, or less. I've been in your shoes, and it isn't fun tossing and turning trying to sleep wondering how to rob Peter to pay Paul. I have faith you'll pull through! As the old saying goes and my Mother used to say, 'When one door closes, another one open will open on a brighter day' and only wish that sentiment for you and your family.

ridoodles, Most of the plants we share are perennials that are suitable for our recipient's Zone. If you don't have a partner for June and your gardens are in mostly Full Sun, I'll be glad to exchange with you.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9168262

ridoodles...this year we contact someone else after having looked at their trade list of plants wanted or haves...dmail and attempt to arrange a trade. No, not according to zone, unless you want. Many plants have a wide range of zone possibilities, ie. zone 4-9 on the tag (if it's not missing, lol). That pretty much covers most people here, tho not all. A great hint for those not sure on plant zones or descriptions of plants, (get some good plant catalogs, usually free, great color photos and wonderful descriptions. (some of my favs. are Thompson & Morgan .com., Roots & Rhizomes.com, Select seeds.com, Wayside Nursery.com, are just a few, I try to stay away from the cheapie catalogs, as descriptions aren't that great and many don't include botanical names. Speaking of which...that's the reason I use Botanical names when possible, as many common names apply to several plants. In fact many I grow don't have common names. Not only that...you are learning a second language in the process also...work that brain, lol!!!

Gosh been along day, getting the backyard ready for some shrubs, but need to clear more land so I can rototil more ground. Happ... you are toooo funny and you also deejay... I will have to take a pix of all the plants sitting in pots and then we can compare, lol...I've been hitting up Home Depot, $3.33 and Lowes, (some for as low as $2.00) and got some great buys on shrubs. Need to pick up some trees next week, OMG...I need helpers!!!!!! I want to get something in the backyard besides weeds and tall feild grasses. I've only lived here 5 years, lol...

Things are at a lull in the garden at the moment, early bloomers are done and summer bloomers just beginning to show some color. We had such a weird spring that normal bloom times are off this year. Many were way too early and others seem to be on track, hope next years weather decides to behave...I would love to get rid of the winds, usually by the end of March, not this year. We are still in the wrong Jet Stream and the winds have been a bit much

And just for the heck of it...that Crambe cordifolia above in pix 4, tops out at 5.5 feet. high. And the Clematis in #5 tops out at 24".

Pix 1: Does anyone recognize this plant? It grows to 24" ish X so far 12" w.. Is it a weed???? or a perennn.?
Pix 2: Lilium, OOOh gosh, I forgot the rest will have to look,( see I'm still learning), Ht is 18".
Pix3: Scabiosa, ooops again, 30-36"^X20">(so far, grew from seed), also in white)
Pix 4:Coreopsis grandiflora Sunray, 18", from seed.
Pix 5: Armeria Maritima Bee's Hybrids at 18", and The maroon flower is Knautia macedonica, Melton Pastels, 24"^, both from seed.

P.S. ridoodles, this is how I keep up with all the names, if I don't remember the name of something or how to spell correctly, I look it up. Keeps the old mind sharp...I've been accused of remembering plant names better that some people. LOL. And it's all the fault of CATALOGS!!!!! Welcome, jump on in and find some trades...

This message was edited Jun 16, 2012 9:59 PM

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 17, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9168432

Judy, sorry to hear about your DH. Special Saturday meeting...what a crock. Hope he can enjoy his Fathers Day regardless.
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.
Spent yesterday cleaning up some gardens, weeding, mulching. Got all the plants from Sooz in the ground and dug some to send back to her. They are waiting to "board the plane" for take off on Monday. Still waiting at the ticket counter. ;)
Also got some plants from my FedEx rep last week from herbyard. Some heuchera, lambs ear, think there are a dozen small pots that need to find space in the gardens. Also brought some bricks up to edge some places. They have been in a pine, housing ant farms since last year. Three different typesof ants too.
Question, why do I only get one flower on my peony? Too deep? Or just not mature enough after a new homw last fall?
Clematis 'lime twist' is just putting out sepals and should flower end of this week I think. Dont know why I get so excited about that one. Got it from Michigan Bulb a few years back.
Well, tomento do my morning garden stroll. Meds have kicked in, so has the coffee. Have a good day y'all.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9168459

HI All!

Judy -- hugs to you and your family...not good news at all...positive thoughts from NH going your way!

Would love to know about the one flower on peony bush too...I have some with tons of flowers and some with none but great leaves...and some with just one...can't figure it out! All of them are years and years old!

Susie -- Crit and I are trading...take Cal off...still no news from him/her - we're sending boxes this next weekend probably!

All those photos look great! Looks like happy traders for JUNE!

Ridoodles...how are you...we traded earlier this year...happy to have you as part of the group! :)

Something ate all of my cucumber plants...totally bummed about that! Not sure if it's too late to plant seeds...am going to see if there are plants still for sale ! UG!

I'm starting to tag all the plants - very inspired from you all!

happy father's day to all!

XO

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9168577

GM ALL Or think it is yet :))) With Tinkerbell On my Shoulder I will try to get caught up here JUST CHECK TO SEE IF i'M RIGHT OR WRONG PLEASE .

PLAYERS & PARTNERS

FOTV--1--------AliKat32 ------REC'D ???
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT-----ALIKAT32
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ALIKAT32--CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM------REC'D
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP-----REC'D

we are getting a few rain drops not nothing to take cover with or going into the ground just wetting the leaves of the plants & It is so so very dry here I Cannot dig if i wanted to . I try to keep my newer plants from trades up close to the house where i can keep them watered LOOKING GOOD So Far. & Here are a few Blooms I Took this morning .

ridoodles: you are welcome to join in any time or any month we just find it easy & Fun to share what we receive from others here :)
each month we trade with someone KNEW or try to :)
WELL THE RAIN IS OVER & SUN COMING OUT , Like Someone just said there is a LULL In between Blooms right now :) & I cannot see many of my DL's Under the weeds so Not sure if I will see many Blooms this year or not :))))

well guess i better get off here & go take walk see if i can see any knew Blooms :) have a great day all

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9168652

Question ??? POPPIES SEEDS
Is it best to let them dry on the Plant or can I cut the pods off let them dry is a GLASS Jar to collect the seeds ????
Back later for answer I Hope :)
Oh they are not opening yet & They are HUGE PODS

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9168668

Happy Father's Day everyone, especially to your Dad Susie.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 17, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9168681

Everything looks so pretty right now - wish I could figure out how to keep it like this till August/September. HA!

Susie - When ya get a sec could you add my trade with Scarletbean for the month of June? :)

xox
A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9168745

Right On Amanda thank you TY Fruity Hope you & Hubby has A GREAT DAY Also . Dinner is over everyone stuffed daddy wanted to lay down so i came out to the house going to take Tinker outside for awhile back later.

VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT-----ALIKAT32
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ALIKAT32--CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
AMANDAESQ--SCARLEBEAN
SCARLETBEAN---AMANDAESQ

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9168897

Just finished weeding out two gardens...much more to go...but at least you can see some plants now! It's almost like a surprise when you wait to weed! It's suppose to get up to 90's later this week with no rain until Thursday...here comes the sun to NH! I haven't even hooked up my hose yet...gotta get ready! I did label more plants today...slow but steady! Something bit me right by my eye and now it's all puffed up like someone hit me! UG! No photos of today's celebration for me! :(

We're heading out to dinner with my hubby's parents...my parents are in TX so I'll celebrate with them when they come up in the fall!

Susie -- Glad dinner was great ! I love the Tinker rides on your shoulder...that's so cool! I've been training my pup Ethan to stay around while I'm outside weeding...he's always taking off to go smell something or roll in something...which wouldn't be bad but he's only 8 pounds so a hawk or owl could totally take him out...not to mention the fox and coyotes we have...today went well...I brought out treats and he didn't go to far! Maybe it will work!

Everyone's flowers look so fantastic...I'm going out before we leave to take a few photos to share later today!

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 17, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9169045

Susie, Sooz and I are trading too. I recd her box last week and will be sending mine monday.

We've had rain like that yesterday and today. Had a picnic with DH'S FOLKS nd mine at the park reserve. Left because a cold front and rain came in. Kids had a quick swim. Came home and slept for 2 hours trying to ward off a headache. Well, it didn't work and now I hear thunder. DH & DS are still napping. DD is bored. I should send her out with an umbrella to weed. That always fixes the bordom. Laundry instead I guess.

Not sure if its too late but I potted up some clematis seed this morning. 8 different kinds. Wish me luck.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9169081

I Just found a few packs of clematis seeds & wondered if i should try to pot them ? Guess if you can do i can also give it a try:)
Jims GD Zoey is here wanting aunt susie to walk in the gardens so ya all be well send some rain here really need it

VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT-----ALIKAT32
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ALIKAT32--CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
AMANDAESQ--SCARLEBEAN
SCARLETBEAN---AMANDAESQ
MINNESIPPI---FOTV---REC'D
FOTV---MINNESIPPI---

ALSO WILL YOU ALL SAVE ME AS MANY SEEDS AS YOU CAN FIND OF THESE :)
CONEFLOWERS ANY EXCEPT THE REG PINK OR PURPLE
COLUMBINES : RED,WHITES, BLUES, YELLOW , BLACK , ALL VERIETIES AS MANY AS YA HAVE
RUDBECKIAS ALL BUT BLACKEYE SUSAN ---I HAVE PLENTY
GAILARDIAS : ANY ALL TYPES
SILENE : JACK FLASH
FOXGLOVE : WHITE OR YELLOW CAMELOT SERIES
CARNATION : REDS WHITE YELLOWS
DIANTHUS DBLS
DATURA : DBL YELLOW & WHITE
ZINNIAS " HUNDREDS PLEASE " ALL TYPES & COLORS
ASTER : OF ALL TYPES & COLORS
LEOPARD LILIES / CANDY LILIES ALL COLORS
LUPINES : RED , WHITE BLUES , YELLOW, PURPLES
LARKSPUR REDS & WHITE , PINK

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9169129

Suzie will find seed for: Lupine (red and purple), Columbine ( I have many many diff. varieties, do you want the labled when possible?), think I have a rudbeckia that has an eye zone and diff. golds, Have Datura metaloides, Larkspur in a mix. Will send next month when we trade.
Suz. also allow the seed pods to ripen on the plant if possible, the pods will open at the top like a salt and pepper shaker and then can be sprinkled about or saved. Save me a few pods, PLEEEZ. lol...

The question reference Peonies. If they are too deep, they will never bloom. The eye shouldn't be any deeper that 1-2" below the top of the soil or NO blooms, and that includes removing the muclh, they don't need it. They love love aged manure ( a side dressing of manure in early spring), also love water in the spring. Shade can be a problem and cauuse many little or no bloom also.

Too warm here today so am hiding inside, yuck I hate the 90's.Will be working on Velansia's box this week...

pix 1: iris g. a flatie
pix 2: Peony
pix 3: more peonies
pix 4: Aquilegia, columbine at my daughter's, getting seed, might be maggie mae from seed I grew a few years back.
pix 5: Alchemilla molis, (lady's mantle, in bloom)

OOOps pix 3: 2 different Verbascums phoenicium, Geranium Rozanne, Centranthus ruber (Jupiter's beard), Aspen tree, and in the back lily unopened ( L.A. Hybrids).

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 3:55 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9169216

Kathy Sounds Great all types of columbine is good sooze is saving for me also :) Love lady's Mantle i have one .
also I'll take seeds from all your VERBASCUMS & GR & CR (JB) Those are very Lovely :) & IRIS IS A FLATIE ITS NAME ?? or you just calling it A FLATIE :??? HEHE Very pretty .
& No Need to Name the Columbine just MIX Them is fine :))) I Have a Huge Garden they are all going into Taken all my DL's Out Of that area . so I Need Fillers .

Has anyone Grew Peonies from Seeds ??? I Have a Peony that is setting seeds already .

well off to tell daddy GN & get my Critters in back later

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9169277

susie...that flat iris is called Flopsy.
Hate to say it but the peonies from seed will take years and more years to get to bloom size, I saved seed a few years ago but decided it faster to get them at home depot , lowes or walmart. Did you know peonies are included in a womans dowery in Japan, and many will outlive their owners when they like their spot...100+ years.

Pix 1 Another flatie named Amaryllis, both are very fragrant.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9169282

I just planted all the Zinnia seeds in my stash, Susie, but will save seeds for you in the Fall. Are you good with Cosmos seeds? The majority of those are planted too and have a few volunteers again, just trying to look ahead. Also have either Candy Lily or Blackberry Lily seeds you're welcome to. You and several others are already in the queue for Columbine seeds harvested from my plants a few weeks ago. Clippings with the heads by bloom color are separated and stored in large brown paper grocery bags and should really get to those and start packing seeds to mail out. If my Echinaceas 'Pow Wow White' and 'Pow Wow Wine Berry' make it, I'll save seeds for you, and also from Echinacea 'Paradoxa', a yellow one added last year (see pic 1).

When you get a minute, please update the list to reflect that AliKat32 has received from me, as has minnesippi. All I'm anticipating at the moment plant wise is the package from you, Steph, and by mailing it tomorrow it will be here soon :)

Kathy, your Alchemilla mollis, Lady's Mantle, looks outstanding. Did you grow yours from seeds or divisions? Never have tried either way. Peonies don't like me, trust me I've tried by the book several times, but do enjoy seeing their blooms. Wow, around here they bloom around Mother's Day and were even earlier this year. It was either last year or the year before when my neighbor wanted to save seeds that it can take up to 7 years before the plant is mature. Pic 2 shows the Nepeta cataria, Catnip, in the foreground that you gave me in May...growing gangbusters.

Third pic is a Dahlia that didn't even come up last year but is blooming now with a vengeance. Lost tag but looking through last year's notes, it must be 'Rosella'.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9169320

Fruity...love that echi. (I grew one from seed years ago before cother colors became popular), mine I hope will be blooming soon, and it does come true from seed as many of the new colors don't from what I've read.
My Lady's Mantle was gotten at the annual Denver Botanic Gardens sale in may every year. It was from a members garden and bought for $2-3, think this is the 3rd year from a quart pot. Yup filling out nicely now. It petals hold water which is cool. Remember that kittynip does reseed..just tell'in ya, lol, remember to share with kitty!!!!! Am curiuos did ya ever get to smell that Dianthus X Loveliness, yummy, I promise, just deadheaded some of mine I want more blooms, tho will stop in late Aug. so I can get fresh seed. Sure wish they would seed about in the garden.

Pix 1: Adenophora lilifolia (common name is Ladybellls and is related to Campanulas), 24-30"x spreading(stolniferous). Love it,but I gotta find a better spot for it so it can run.
Pix 2: Gypsophila repens and Caliroe Wine Cups

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 17, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9169337

up-dated ty sooze:) also kathy send it here i have lots of places it can run :) HEHE
GN all have to be up early with daddy .

VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT-----ALIKAT32
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ALIKAT32--CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
AMANDAESQ--SCARLEBEAN
SCARLETBEAN---AMANDAESQ
MINNESIPPI---FOTV---REC'D
FOTV---MINNESIPPI---

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9169351

Holy Cow - I didn't know peonies could live that long! 100+ years--- amazing! Below is a pic of my peony garden...was here well before we bought the house...the original owners and builders said some of the plants were from her grandmother's garden...I offered for her to take them but she never came back to get any! Anyway -- the peonies are just blooming now and this year it seems like the best one yet!

The other pic is my orange rose bush that is planted in the worst place...by the house in a garden that only gets a little bit of afternoon sun...but every year that bush sends up several beautiful roses! This bloom is the first of the season!

Love the dahlia's! I just got some bulbs/tubers? whatever...from a friend and planted those...so far only one has green on it coming up...hope the others grow...I'd love flowers like that...however, here you have to pull the plants up and over winter them in your cellar...!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Thumbnail by AliKat32   Thumbnail by AliKat32

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 17, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9169354

Susie
I got my box from Fruity and she got mine... :)
C
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 17, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9169406

FOTV, I don't do well with seeds but I think everyone can grow columbines. Could I be added to your seed want list? I already have the white alba.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 18, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9169746

catnip reseeds...LOLOLOL - thats an understatement! I dont know how big a bushel actually is, but Im sure I harvested that much catnip this weekend. I had it laying on the deck until I could get it bundled and hung and the cats were rolling in it :) Then I did the ritual walk around the yard and found MORE! Good grief...Im a drug dealer for cats :)

Sooz - box is posted and will be in the mail today :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9169845

ITS HERE ITS HERE :) I'm BLOCKED HERE IN MY LITTLE HOUSE JUST ME & TINKER LAYING ON MY SHOULDER :)
& HOPING THAT THE RAIN WILL LAST FOR AN HOUR OR 3 :) jAN IS IN WITH DADDY SO HE IS FINE . SHE CAN GET HIS LUNCH IF NEED BE .
THE ONLY PART OF THIS I DON'T LIKE IS THE LIGHTENING COMING THROUGH ALL 5 WINDOWS NOT AT ONE TIME . I HAVE NO CURTAINS YET & DIDN'T REALLY WANT ANY BUT NOW ON DAYS LIKE THIS I BETTER RETHINK IT :)
ROLLING THUNDER OUT THERE :)

WELL YOU ALL STAY COVERED WILL BE BACK TO CHAT MORE LATER.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9169914

I'd love to be watching that thunderstorm. Mom raised us to be scared of them.

I have to get my whacky sleep schedule back in order! I pass out after dinner on the loveseat, then awake around 1 or 2, awake till 3 or 4, back to sleep in the bed with the critters, and then you know how I feel in the morning. Ugh.

Did not start the new job today. Snafu with the paperwork - an email from HR with the subject line JOB OFFER went straight to the junk mail folder. It was there a week before anybody bothered to say, "Hey - how 'bout them forms we sent you?!"

O well. Will keep you posted. Temps climbing here this week to 90. I sure have enjoyed this mild spring we've had. :)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9169938

Front of our house is glass (solar) and wowzer with the lightening...especially at night. Course we have not had any of that for quite some time. In fact I am can't remember even having one this spring. Upper 90's maybe 100 today, with wind gust up to 40...kind of feels like getting hit from a blast furnance...rofl.

frausnow
Winterville, GA
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9169939

Is there going to be a July swap? If so, where do I sign up? this looks like fun. I just renewed my subscription to Dave's Garden after being away for about a year. I was doing a lot of seed trading back then, but now I'm trying out plant propagation. I've taken a lot of soft cuttings in the past week or so and hoping they'll root well. Using Clonex gel. Anyway, I have several plants I can dig up or share cuttings of most of them. I have a few trademarked/patented plants and shrubs...are those allowed in the swaps? I know you can't sell them without permission.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9170142

Deejay, in answer to your poppy question rather to let them dry on the plant or not? I had a beautiful fancy poppy and it came back year after year, but never got any additional plants from it. So I would be inclined to catch the seed and sow them myself in a pot where I could watch. After saying that I have heard they don't like their roots bothered, so maybe sow them where you want them. Now the orange ones which I have hundreds of I just let them go and they reseed all over which is fine with me. Now that I read this I don't think I was any help...rofl.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9170324

frausnow THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME SORRY ALL FOR BEING SLOW BUT HERE IS THE

JULY PLANT SWAP OPEN FOR SIGN UP HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9170582

Will be glad to share Columbine seeds with you, Velma.

Nice looking Red, White and Blue pot of flowers there, Susie. We had storms this afternoon, a good soaker for about two hours without much rumbling or a light show.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 18, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9170592

I CAN HANDLE THE THUNDER BUT HATE THE LIGHTENING Ooops sorry for caps ours was for about 45 mins but it was a good soaker
& I hope we get more tonight :)

TY Fruity I Cut a couple Larkspur, wild Queen Ann's Lace I Have Loads around here if anyone wants :))))) & of course the red is verbena ???
or is it lantana I Don't really Know I Got them at My swap in the park from a lady .

Well it turned very HOT & Muggy for awhile & Now we have a very nice wind in the air tonight guess i will go take Daddy out on the deck with
everyone else back later

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 19, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9172168

We are due for big storms here in NH...I agree watching the storms from afar is great...too close is scary! Last year our giant pine tree got hit by lightening...it's the closest to the house...the lightening traveled down the trunk (blew out a path of bark on the way down) across the ground and blew up our satellite dish! I was in the dining room and looking out the window when it struck...it was loud and bright and scary! Be safe everyone!

Yeah for the July Swap!

Candi
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9173262

Susie...I am behind on reading threads, so you may already know this, but Amanda and I decided not to do a trade this month. AliKat and I are still doing ours.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9173273

AkiKat, Bet that scared for several seconds. One time we had a bad storm in our old house. I was doing dishes, DSS was watching tv and DH was taking a bath (yes a guy taking a bath,soaking and reading a book). Giant clap of thunder and everything went way bright and then pitch black...rofl. Well it seems it blew out the light bulbs in the bathroom! After I gather my wits, I could hear DH calling, I found the flash light and up the stairs, that is when he told me to be careful the light bulbs on either side of the vanity had exploded...rofl. Needless to say we lost lots of electronics in that little incident, course that was in the 80's so not as many electronics has we have now...rofl. I don't take a bath during storms or wash dishes any more...LOL
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9173464

Oh my! Your T-storm stories make my toes curl. I am terrified of storms, always have been. Sadly, my dogs seem to take after me as well :( My DH generally has nervous nellies in the house during a storm.

Roxxanne, I will have our trade, hopefully, sent out on Monday as well. WWKathy, I have not forgot about our side trade just had a lot of stuff going on these past couple of weeks. I will try to get your MO out on Monday as well.

I have a question for some of the more 'experienced' traders in our group about a daves garden member. I don't believe he is a subscriber, has not participated in any forum what so ever, and generally is not very active. I sent my end of a trade on June 4th. He claims when he got a medium flat rate box it looked as if someone had jumped up and down on it, making it flat, and that everything but one baggie of Kalanoche cuttings and a pack of seeds was not there (Keep in mind I sent cuttings of 12 different cactus, tropical plant cuttings and 3 or 4 packs of seeds). He also claims that he sent a box that was delivered on June 7th to me. I never received a package from him, he cannot provide a tracking number or DC#, so that I can contact my Post Office and find out what happened to it, but claims he can track it through paypal when he printed a label. I thought to do that you had to send money through paypal? To make a longer story short, he has been increasingly rude in D-mails, called me every name in the book, left negative feedback, and is demanding a refund of his money invested in the 'box' he supposedly shipped to me where he will reimburse me $0.50 for the cuttings and pack of seeds he claimed to receive. And of course, now I am a liar about shipping anything but those two items. Even though I have a receipt with DC# and the weight of the flat rate box on it. I am getting increasingly more aggravated and really starting to regret signing up for Dave's Garden. I have met lots of wonderful people on here, enjoy our group trades, and love reading the stories everyone posts. But this trade has really left a bad taste in my mouth. I frankly have had it, telling me how awful I am for screwing over him and his sick grandson, how god is going to get me etc... I know what I sent in that box, all I asked for was proof he sent his, am I being unreasonable? I would like to find a happy medium with him (even though I highly doubt those two items were all he got from my box) but I am wondering if it is really worth trying. What would you guys do in this situation? I am honestly at a loss for words here...

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 20, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9173554

Oh Liz! How terrible! My first reaction would be to block him from being able to Dmail you...you don't need to read anything from this person! I'd find out if that is possible on DG. If it isn't, you may want to consider slightly changing your "name" so he can't find you anymore. You are totally a great trader - we all know that! Only a person with something to hide gets mad when asked to produce something (proof). It's the tactic of '''hey look over here and be distracted"" cuz I don't have anything to show you! Please don't unjoin! One bad seed out there isn't worth it! I would like to know a trade name so I don't trade with this person. We can all boycott him! :) I don't think you should try anymore to find a happy medium...it won't happen if he really is lying. I've shipped plants all over the USA and even to Africa...they have always made it and were not damaged! You didn't do anything by asking for a tracking number since you never got the trade! I'm sorry this is happening to you!
C

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9173576

I would contact admin either Melody or Terry - just type their name into a Dmail or look them up in the member list.

Report this person who may be masquerading as a legit member - Frooty told me last year when I had similar issues on a trade - "follow your gut." Something wasn't right - I reported what was happening. Admin "investigated" and the member was banned for creating multiple screen names and leaving themselves bogus feedback and trying (and actually succeeding in at least one case) to bilk DG members.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, but it happened to me too - the rude Dmails and me feeling bad and I was also a newbie - perhaps "they" look for new members to prey on.

Anyway. Take heart!

xox
A.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9173578

Liz - here's a link to a thread where the perp was found out after I reported them.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1185088/

A.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9173603

OMG A, the guy went by the name of Scott, lives in the same city as that guy. A lot of the experiences on that thread sound like me and floridaheat! I don't think it is a coincidence!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9173611

Well there you go.

Glad to help. :)

xox
A.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012

Post #9173612

OMG A, the guy went by the name of Scott, lives in the same city as that guy. A lot of the experiences on that thread sound like me and floridaheat! I don't think it is a coincidence! I contacted melody about it, and we will see what it says. But after reading that thread it sounds just like road_dog from Crookston, MN.

Thank you both for your comments, I was pretty upset when I wrote that post. After 5 nasty d-mails today I was quite sick to my stomach.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012

Post #9173613

Lol, posted some of that twice, sorry everyone ;)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9173625

poor thing. I actually have the person's contact information in a Dmail somewhere or other. Distantkin actually contacted this person by telephone and they knew people in common!!!

Please let me know if I can help further - do hope you send your dmail to Admin asap. I wonder how they could screen these people out, but it's obvious they're like roaches!!!
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9173637

Amanda sending you a d-mail with their contact info. See if you can compare the two maybe. I already sent the email to the admin (Melody actually), Distantkin actually lost out on way more than I did, monetary wise, I felt bad reading that.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
9:41 PM

Post #9173732

Well, be glad it wasn't worse. I don't know what s/he was posting for on that particular thread, but it must be hard to find and valuable. Geez.

We will eventually get back to talking about plants, ladies! Pardon us as we digress. We are taking this discussion to Dmail.

xox
A.

p.s. and HURRAY for us for policing DG!!!
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
9:58 PM

Post #9173745

Yes, I agree, sorry for hijacking the thread lol ;) On another note, I received a wonderful package from another lady on DG today. She sent Banana trees (Dwarf Red and Lavender ornamental) , yay ;) And mandevilla, papyrus, Butterfly ginger 'Elizabeth', and 2 different types of canna! So very excited! Will have to bring them in for winter but, how great is the papyrus!!
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 20, 2012
10:35 PM

Post #9173775

Hollysmamma: (and everyone else)
I wrote to Distantkin a few moments ago and sent the actual address for comparison that I had in an old D-Mail to see if it might be the same person with another user name.
Funny after reading this you had the same experience as I did...so far me and God are in OK standing, the Devil hasn't come knocking at my door to drag me to the hot depths of misery, and Oh, I'm not even sure the grandchild there claiming as sick is real much less my fault for the child being sick or sicker because I dropped the trade.
Now to let you know in the begining I didn't send my 1/2 for ligit reasons and let the person know right from the begining that I was busy, but the DM's never stopped, in the end they were harrassing, full of vile threats, normally I get my trades out within 5 days, but life at that time had a plan other than my best intentions and I let this person know how sorry I was and that I had not forgotten them...WELL!!! That wasn't good enough for this Scott person, the Dm's were such that if I had been standing there I would have been body slammed into a pot of boiling oil!! According to him/her (I think it is a woman personally) I am a liar, a fraud, and some other unsavory unmentionable things according to the gospel...I have read the good book I don't remember seeing my name in there, I would have remembered that I think?
Not to mention that they said they had to go to some hospital days away from home in the middle of winter. Now this is where they want me to drop everything right now and send a box of cactus and succulants to MN for them to freeze on the door step...what sense does that make?
I dropped the trade, as far as I knew I was allowed to do that as long as nothing had been sent.
No they never sent me anything, but I can tell you, to this very day that everything we were suppose to trade for still "isn't" listed on there trades HAVES list...strange ya think? I am not the biggest participator but you will find my user name dotted here and there...Road_dog has none.

It happens, like I said I got hit by gardenelf333 the way you did! Yea it made me mad, but don't give up a whole garden for one nasty spider, like mine your feedback speaks for you.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
10:49 PM

Post #9173781

OMG Patti, I was trying to read your post to my mother and ended up laughing so hard I was crying. Oh my, Patti I think the good thing to come out of Road_Dog is going to be you lol. Not only was I laughing so hard, my mother couldn't finish reading it either she was laughing so hard. So I am pleased that so far you and God are in OK standing, the Devil hasn't come knocking at your door to drag you to the hot depths of misery ;) Oh my, you must be quite the character lol. I'm gonna enjoy getting to know you.

Liz
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 20, 2012
11:02 PM

Post #9173784

Glad I served as amusement for you and all...LOL We are already friends! we have a mutual tie of sorts (grrr...) and a mutual love of gardening, how bad could it be???

It wasn't funny at the time believe that!! If gas wasn't so expensive...Hummm

Oh and just to let you and everyone else know...he hasn't joined the friends of his sick grandchild either on the website...there are 5 people and scott isn't one of them.

Now lets be done with the jerk and get to some real and serious addictive trading shall we?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
4:32 AM

Post #9173900

Holly So sorry you had to go through That , It is very sad . & This is why when I Open any trades where many have SIGNED On I Check Them out if i have not had a trade with them .

CHECK LIST :))))
ARE THEY A MEMBER ???? & How Long they have been a MEMBER .
HAVE THEY FEED BACK IF NOT THEN Their trade NEEDS To be SENT & REC"D First .
& If they don't Send Then Guess they don't want or need my Plants or Play in the Trades .

& I do not Mean to sound Rude In anyway Its just a way of protecting other players & Myself.
when ever anyone pursues you for a trade I Feel they need to send their end 1st.
if i ask for a trade I always send 1st .

well off to the gardens this morning it is a bit cooler . back later

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 21, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9174061

Just to "defend" MN, we aren't all nasty like them up north there ;) Funny s/he's from "Crook"ston though...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9174067

WE KNOW That for a fact MN :))) Just got home had to rush TINKER BELL To The VETS I Got her Beek with My Fork in the garden this morning boy did i feel bad but all is well the vet TECK CLIPPED It off & Said it will grow back.
Home Nurse is here gotta go back later
OH & Tinker still loves ME :))) hates the fork
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 21, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9174089

:( poor Tink but glad she will be okay. Accidents happen.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9174311

OH my goodness. Susie how devastating. I hope Tink will be okay.

Liz and FLheat - I received the same tirades and made my blood pressure go up by degrees. I try to forget the bad things and so I have. Last night when I was looking for his/her contact information in the Dmails he sent to me, I had to page thru so many I just started watching for the "Replies" column because when I reported to DG the Dmail which should have been a simple trade had 44 replies. Most of them from him/her saying "dija send it dija send it?!" :D

Promised me the moon and the stars. Irritated the crap out of me. Glad there was someone out there (Admin) who could take recourse.

I have to add this Stephanie and Susie - can't help myself - that Liz and I both looked at the guy's facebook page, and the name of the town where he went to high school is/was "Thief River Falls." OMG. Classic. Almost like the whole thing is a fiction, but it's not!!!

A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9174314

see TINKER IS DOING GREAT VT said it will grow back :) so I'm happy. & As she for she is on my shoulder while I type once again :)))

wow the heat is rough out there today had to come get cooled off. & share a few pic's

pic 2 not sure of the name & No matter it is very pretty has some GREEN Streakes in the leaves
love it i hope to scatter the seeds this fall .
PIC 3 I THINK IS APPLE BLOOSOM YARROW
PIC 4 ARE JUST A FEW OF MY ASIATIC LILIES THAT LOST THEIR TAGS SO HAVE TO TRY TO ID THEM i HAVE THE NAMES :)
PIC 5 IS OF A DBL DL I was told was old Glory but when i looked it up it sure didn;t match so i don't know what it is
except BEAUTY FULL :) well Home nurse just left so i can go fix lunch back later .

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 21, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9174353

Guys, reading the postings on this he/she person and how persistent this person is make me think this person may be a physco. Picture him/her sitting at the computer just making contacts for trade without the faintest clue of trading ethics...probably don't even have a yard to put the plants in...just asking for plants as her crazed mind demands. From what I have read so far I, too, think it is a she.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9174397

Ahhh poor Tinkerbell, I am glad she is ok! Its good that she still likes you ;) Just stay away from that fork little baby!

Yes, I should have checked feedback, I was just extremely excited about the rid rac cactus he promised. It was my mistake on the checking of feedback. I didn't check it until the day I mailed and when I saw the negative from FH I was concerned at that point. Like I said, I did contact an admin and hopefully they can sort it out.

Susie that apple blossom yarrow is beautiful! My Aunt has some red yarrow and every time I try transplanting it, it just dies on me :( Some plants I do ok with, others not so much. Yarrow tends to be one of those others.

Was at a garden center and picked up some stonecrop 'purple emperor' on the clearance rack! I got a gallon pot of it for $3.99!! So excited. I hope it works itself into a better shape! It was a little worse for the wear!

Liz

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9174400

# 5 IS OLD IVORY FOUND IT IN MY ALBUM ;))))
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 21, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9174417

Oh no! Velsmania, I have already been given that title pinned on me by Road_dog...LOL
Liz I am working on that box which will include some ric-rak for ya
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 21, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9174547

Well, when you spend 8 months out of the year with snow...it does crazy things to a person ;)

Thief River Falls & Crookston are real towns in MN..

http://www.citytrf.net/TRFNameHistory.pdf - a little TRF history

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9174803

Thanks Stephanie! I loved that - I have done a lot of research in native americans in PA and land sales and timber rights as part of my master's degree work. I sent a copy of the .pdf file on to one of my professors.

Still, apt place for plant thieve to live!

A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9174938

Liz and anybody else whose been duped or nearly has been by this obviously disturbed person, Please don't let one bad trade spoil your fun here on DG. Do what Susie does and check your trading partner out ahead of time.

It's just my opinion that there really is safety in numbers and very much enjoy our monthly group swaps. Now you all know why I ask for your phone numbers and email addresses when you sign up for one of mine, if I don't already have them. And have I ever called or emailed with a reminder? Never, although having extra info is like a safety net, and do appreciate many of you who volunteered in the past to send an extra box when one of our participants has been unable to fulfill their end of the bargain. Most were understandably due to health reasons. I've done the same thing too filling in, although those occasions and asking for volunteers are rare. Some of us do call each other, but on my end it's never been about "dija send it, dija send it!?" Geez, Manda, has it really been that long when you used your girlie intuition?

You'd think DG programmers would be able to catch people who sign up with multiple ID's with the same IP and / or physical address! I'm glad you weighed in floridaheat, and that you can laugh it off now, and anyone else who has fallen prey to this crazy person saying "God will get you." Or worse. That's just absurd, and I wouldn't entertain more than one or two of those kinds of Dmails before they were ignored altogether.

One a much brighter note, Steph, your lovely, generous box of plants arrived today! This is what we're all about...sharing from our garden to someone else's!

Sedum 'Autumn Joy'
Spirea sp.
An Iris with Black blooms, sounds very interesting
Uvularia grandiflora -- Large Bellwort (really wanted)
A Monarda that will have Lavender blooms, most welcomed since mine have Burgundy or Red blooms
Forsythia start
3 different large NOID Hostas and
a personalized Card with seeds enclosed.

The plants are so healthy and all are welcome additions to my gardens. Great job, Steph.

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 21, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9174951

YAH!! Glad they got there healthy :) I was worried. Always am no matter if it takes 1 day or 4... Glad you got some wants :) and things you didnt have already.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 21, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9175127

Liz - You are going to love purple emperor stonecrop! I got mine last year...and traded some this year to one of you! Hope it's doing well ! Anyway -- I was weeding in the garden yesterday and found 10 babies! YAHOO! I'll have more to trade once they grow a little! It was very exciting...and now I've marked them all so I don't accidentally dig them up! :) If anyone wants a baby baby...I'll be happy to send it along!

All -- feedback...I've been trading for a while...and don't have much feedback as I never think to ask for it! Can some of you that I traded with leave me some? I want to have a good reputation! And if you need feedback from me...let me know! Everyone's boxes are awesome and I've received more plants that ever before! It's the best planting season yet! XO

Sooz...I didn't give you my number -- want it? I can DMAIL it to you! :)

I'm so glad that Tink is OK! Deejay -- you must have felt awful! Give her extra kisses! SO Tink is really tuffy after all! :)

I am so happy that we're watching out for DG and policing it! I love this site and it's really the only online place that I've joined and actually participated in ! I love all my new trading friends!

Floridaheat...yahoo for good standing and no burning away in that nasty place...! :) Nice to chat with ya!

candi

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9175147

DBL What FROOTY Said :)))) It is Much safer & More successful when we trade in groups . & I also appreciate when you all volunteer to help no matter what IT Makes being a hostess for these swaps so much better.

A Huge TY To all of you who make these a safe GROUP. :) well off to sit with daddy back in the morning
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 21, 2012
9:02 PM

Post #9175244

AliKat, I'll take one. I have been looking for it as well as "the postman". I bought what was supposed to be emperor but it wasn't. Mine is not upright and not a deep purple. You can send in the fall, too hot right now for planting. Maybe we could do a fall trade.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
3:03 AM

Post #9175427

Velma -- awesome...let's do a sept trade together...it should be great planting time ! I'll save the biggest baby for you! I just checked them again this morning -- I know it sounds obsessive and addicted to plants (do I fit in with you all?) - and they are getting bigger now that they aren't competing with all the WEEDS that were taller than them! :) The mommy plant is deep purple and the babies are following...all are dark right now! :) I'll write it down for the fall so I remember!
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 22, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9175692

Alicat32 :-)

So far so good haven't had any personal revalations of my so called misdeeds. Haven't seen any signs of fire and brimstone my way...so it's all good...LOL

The best way to recieve feedback is to give feedback, I have never asked for feedback.

I would love to have a place where I could offer feedback on pet Docs though...I am starting to think there isn't a decent one in all of my county...my poor kitty is sick and I can't get the Doc to call me back, yesterday I was told, no one here can help you and today is your Docs day off.
Really? There is no other Doc there? Yes, but your his patient. SO WHAT!! Just make Kitty as comphy as possible, keep him calm the Doc will call you tomorrow. I called and left a message for him to call me today, almost 11:00am here now and still no call back...UGggg

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9175805

POUR Kitty I KNow your delima I went in to sit with daddy Last night after i got home from BINGO & He was in MISSERY For his CATH was Plugged The Nurse had been there to put a new one in early in the day . I tried to
do a flush but that did not work so had to get the home nurse back out Here at 4 am Findly relief for him & The rest of us .
about 5am wide awake at 8.am . now ready to go back to bed for a couple hours jim just came in to take over .

ya all have a great day .

xenspirit

xenspirit
Woburn, MA
(Zone 6b)

June 22, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9176290

Will a list be coming out for July? Can you tell me where I can find instructions on exactly how this works? I am new to Dave's garden. I've done a few seed trades with folks and 1 plant trade via a small priority mail box. Konnor

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9176378

Xenspirit...Welcome... Scroll up to the top of the page and find heading: Forum, click Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins. Scroll down to DJ's July 2012 Red, White & Blue, click. At the top of the page deejay has explained the set up for next month. She will asign you a partner to trade with. Very easy...come join us, this is truely great fun!!!! And any questions are happily answered...we love newbies tooooo!!!!
Pix 1: just got this statue in the red/white and blue trade a few weeks ago, special huh!!!!! I just love it..
Pix 2: Coreopsis grandiflora, just now opening as is much of the garden.
Pix 3:: Scabiosa columbaria at 30-36"

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9176608

Kathy -- beautiful as always...I need to fly to CO and view your gardens in person...they look lovely! Are the deer staying away? Last week -- they came into my garden and ate the tops off all my raspberry plants...BRATS!

Konnor -- welcome! Another new englander on the trade group...yahoo! I just joined this great group of traders a few months ago! You're going to love trading with everyone!

Deejay...your poor Daddy! How awful for him! I am glad there was finally some relief!

FLHeat...what's wrong with your kitty? I can't believe that they won't help! I hope someone called you back...any ER vets in FL? We have two ER vets...both about an hour away...but the one in Manchester is the best...they are attached to an actual animal hospital so if you bring your pet to the ER they will make sure they are as ok as they can be and then in the AM the hospital staff takes over...I hope kitty is ok! I have three kitties and a doggie...!

Warm day here...not as hot as yesterday! Just finished up the last day with staff at school...what a whirlwind! Now it will be a bit calmer! The school's head office is landscaping and changing the gardens so I went over after school and dug up some plants they didn't want...more siberian iris! They filled my truck up...so a planting I'll be doing tomorrow!

Crit -- I'll be digging up your plants for our June trade tomorrow and will mail them...they should arrive to you around Monday I would assume ! :)

Goodnight everyone!
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 23, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9177025

hollysmamma: I sent you a D-mail please read it, it's kinda important.
I just got a D-mail from a subscriber "NOT" a member about Road_dog sounds like an attorney to me...beware!!!

Alicat32: I took him to the vet for his annual a bit early because he seemed a bit off but he is 12-13 years old. Anyway, the bloodwork says he has anemia, and can't figure out why. The Doc doesn't seem really interested in finding out why either, which is frustrating to me.
Then he was given an anti-biotic at my request, well then I noticed he had the Hershe squirts so I took that to the vet to be looked at, he was given another antibiotic, but there was no blood or parasites present, they gave him a different antibiotic... I asked if I should take him off the first for the second and I was told...we don't know, your Doc isn't here it's his day off...I was agahst to say the least, but was told he would call in the AM to just make Charlie comphy, finally at 2:30pm he called and wanted to see him. More blood work and now a different antibiotic, very weak, mouth breathing, paler, ect...but don't take that food away, he ate all day the amount equal to 3 cans of food, so the tummy is working!! I put him on fish oil & Vit. B-complex and added boiled liver to his diet to try and stimulate that bone marrow. So I asked for a riticulate done, that test shows if he is making new blood or not and the amount the bone marrow is pushing out...so I am hoping Charlies body isn't self destructing (auto-immune) when that happens there is very little that can be done. Other than a few reto viruses which have no cure they really are not sure why some cats go into self distruction. If he is making an adaquate amount of blood I need to know where it is going and why...I NEED the vet to 'think' this is what I pay him for! Not for me to think for him!
Yes, we have an ER, everyone avoids it, it's $400.00 to walk in the door (office visit) before they even touch your pet and they work on commission! So they try to sell you everything under the sun that you may or may not need...so knowing the commission issue it's not about the pet but rather how deep your pocket is. I am not new to the pet scene I have 26 cats and 2 dogs, went in there with a blocked boy once and they left me in the office with him quite uncomfortable to go get a quote...I told them that's fine! I'll tell you what I am not going to pay for! The first quote was $2300.00 to diagnose him...I said NO! I already did that, he has a full bladder and bladder stones. Well we need to know what kind? Struvite! See they pull you over a barrel there, $600.00 to look at some urine under a microscope, most people don't know that and just get dragged along by the heart strings into poverty...they know you care, your there...so you will pay. I don't need X-rays, blood work, ect he needs to be drained!! By the time it was all said and done I owed $675.00, $400.00 for the office visit and $175.00 for them to unblock him with a cath. I still had to take him to his vet in the morning for treatment mind you he wasn't cured, just out of trouble...that's all an ER's job is anyway, get them stable. When the Doc came in finally after all the negotiations with the Tech to come get the boy he said ... so you have done this before? I just smiled. Scammers!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9177132

FH I Took My cockatoo DENI to the Special Vet clinic over 75 Miles from here they had to put her in a special OXYGEN Tank They took blood & exray said to leave her there for the night .so i came home hadn't even been home 1/2 hr they called to say she died & That they wanted to do an atopsy I Said no & That I Would be right back to get her.
The bill was $600. for 31/2-4 hrs that she was there . I Said I Shouldn't have to pay for a dead bird when i paid $600. for her when i got her. 5hrs before. then they still just said she had a turmor or cancer of sorts.
well off to put on lunch
back later
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9177144

DJ, Avian vets are awful on prices. It cost me $120 just to walk through the door with my birds. I have a macaw, a cockatoo, and 2 cockatiels. Their yearly vet visits cost me an arm and a leg, so I generally try to plan them around income tax time lol. I am a full time college student and I swear I work just to pay for school. And trades of course lol.

FH, check your d-mail...

Thought I would share some pictures with everyone! It has been awhile since I have!

Pic #1 Echinacea 'Pow Wow Berry'
Pic # 2 Mandevilla 'Brides Cascade'
Pic # 3 Oriental Lily 'After Eight'
Pic # 4 Varigated Rubber Tree
Pic # 5 Adenium Obesum (Desert Rose) Plant in bloom (First time I have seen it)

Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma

hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #9177153

And some more ;)

Pic #1 a No ID rose bush from Alikat, May's Trade
Pic # 2 Mexican Hyssop 'Acalpualco Orange' Bought from Home Depot this year
Pic # 3 'Celestial City' Daylily
Pic # 4 'Maiden Pinks' bought from Lowe's this year
Pic #5 I hijacked my mom's pink pig planter and planted Lavender, Pizza Thyme and Pink Geraniums. The smell from it is wonderful ;)

Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma   Thumbnail by hollysmamma

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9177181

Love the biggy planter :) got to share a few of MY fav's that are in bloom also

pic 1 is HAVE TIME
PIC 2 IS DAMASCAN VELVET
PIC 3 RUSSIAN RHAPSODY
PIC 4 IS LONG STOCKINGS
PIC 4 IS ECH SUNSET

hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #9177191

Susie, I love your ech Sunset ;) So pretty, I think I am going to go find me some of that. The other echineacea that I have haven't bloomed yet, but the flower buds are starting. Considering my pow wow berry was new this year I was surprised to see it bloom so much. It has 6 or 7 buds on it right now, leaves are just starting to turn pink!

Hehe, I loved the piggy planter too!
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 23, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9177194

Deejay9...the almighty dollar can be a powerful thing especially if there not attached to it.
I had a cat that had to go to Gainsville teaching hospital, $3500.00 later they said they had no idea what was wrong with him, but they did a bonemarrow biopsy and a few other tests that might tell us something, we had him for about another 30 days before we said we can do more and did him the favor of putting him at rest, another 15 days passed and I got a letter from the teaching hospital that said we regret to inform you the tests came back inconclusive. My Vet demanded the report so they sent it to him...test is inconclussive: Please submit a viable sample...that test was like $600.00 and the Vet did it wrong so they couldn't get any results from it mean while we were still in mourning over poor Stephan. My Vet was so MAD I could hear him seathing on the other side of the phone when he called...he told me to go there thinking he was doing what was best for Stephan, wish that Doc was still around he retired to Mexico when he found out he found out he had inoperable cancer. No the teaching hospital did not refund my money for the badly done test...it was just bad! Won't go there again!
Just to put it in perspective though, before they would even see the cat they wanted to know about my finances and demanded I get a extension of credit on my card and if that wasn't bad enough they started to put all of that in the computer...I SAID NO! That's none of yours or anyone elses business. I will decide how much and for what I am going to spend...not you!
Even the teaching hospital is all about money...not lives!!
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 23, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9177400

Doesn't look good...Doc left a message on my house phone but asked him to call my cell phone since I might be out.
I don't know what happened but the message is really garbled, the most I got out of it was that he is in fact making blood on his own, his bonemarrow is in overdrive making blood! But he is still loosing blood his overall values are worse now, they were at 24 and now at 17, then the rest of it was bits and spurts, and of coarse the office is closed to find out what he said! Suddenly I got a call from the pharmacy that said Charlie has a prescription called in and we don't actually carry that but we will have it in for you on Wednesday...NO!!!!! Find a pharmacy that carries it and transfer the prescription I will go there and get it. Organs start failing between values of 10-12...Ugggg!!!!
she found it...30 miles away I traveled to get this Millipred! Holy smokes 15 mg, 2 times a day, I don't care as long as it stops the progression of what is going on till we figure out and fix it. I feel so helpless to help him!!!

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9178204

FLHEAT! I am sending you positive thoughts about your kitty -- we went through every tramatic times with one of my kitties from Sept of last year to March of this year...4 surgeries, thousands of dollars, and lots of meds later...he's doing ok! It's a very long story but at least it worked out...one thing out of all of this that we found is that antibiotics do mess up the poops...our local vet suggested that we use fortiflora (like yogurt bacteria you're suppose to eat when you go on antibiotics). OMG it worked VERY VERY WELL - that afternoon his poopies got back to normal! You can purchase it online: http://probioticsmart.com/pets/allproducts?brand=71&gclid=CK-N47_95rACFYFo4Aodsw253Q the vets charged me $30 bucks but online it's $17 and no shipping. We used it everyday when he was on the meds. One thing we noticed during those long months (we were taking turns being with him in our back bedroom during recovery - sleeping and eating in there - one in at least all the time) is that he often had trouble getting poops out...but on the fortiflora he was more regular...so we have now decided to put him on a maintainence of it three times a week. The vet loved the idea and she's now recommending it for all the kitties she sees that are constipated too...it's just good bacteria for your intestines! I don't know if it will help with any blood stuff but it doesn't interfere with any meds so you don't need to worry about that. We sprinkle it on his food, it doesn't change the taste one bit...he doesn't even notice! Please keep us updated! XOXO
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 24, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9178416

We aren't looking good this morning, weaker, pale and eatting less. I fear waking up every morning to what I might find.
He likes being in the middle of everything so he is here in the den which is the hub of the house.
I am not going to add anything else to his ever increasing mound of meds not that I fear any reaction but that I need to reduce stress as much as possible.
His bowels seem to be better now anyway, with yet a new antibotic. Hurry up and wait...this is so frustrating.
Everytime I hear him do something I wonder if what I heard was his last breath...pins and needles.
He really needs a blood transfussion, I have his healthy brother here...we will see what tomorrow brings.
With any luck the meds will kick in and his bonemarrow can do a little catch up.
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

June 24, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #9178550

I just called the pet ER here to see if we could get a transfussion to get him over the hump till tomorrow...partial quote... wait for it...
Between $6,000.00 to $10,000.00 dollars !!! Yep you read it right!!! Six thousand to ten thousand US greenbacks and that is if I suppy the donor.
Yes, I have his healthy brother BUT who has that kind of cash floating around...I've been under employed for a year or better and just getting by.
No I wouldn't say that adds to my stress

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
1:42 PM

Post #9178811

FL: As ALI Said YOGURT IS The Best My Cat / Neighbors cat mine for 14 yrs+ eats it here with me Its the only Human food he will eat , Its cheaper & Better for your cat at this point . It sounds as if He needs help with his amune system sure won't do any harm to him . but then that is your call .

well i was weeding all morning well most of it till i happened to remember DADDY & MARGARET 13th ANIVERSARY
WAS Yesterday so I Dropped everything & went into town to get them a few gifts , CAKE ICE CREAM, & Hurried home to get it all together before Margaret got home from church . SHE WAS VERY Surprised & Pleased .

Now time for Quiet afternoon till cools off so i can go back out to plant a few plants . so will put in a movie & Lay back .
back later
dose anyone grow bronze fennel ????

Thumbnail by deejay9

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2012
1:58 PM

Post #9178829

Thinking I have 1 plant that has reseeded, not sure if reg or bronzed tho.

Neighbor just called...said wildfire just 10 miles south and east of me and the wind is blowing it my direction. Sigh...we need rain!!!!

pix my perennial foxglove

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9178844

Kathy you better get your hose out & water down YOUR HOUSE Just to be safe NOPE TO BE SAFE Just GET OUT OF THERE FIre can travel fast . hope you have a place to go INSURANCE Will help rebuild . & Mother nature will help regrow as will your gardening friends .. just keep us informed .

this is a 4yr old seedling the grew in my Kennybrew/spaccoast collection pic is nothing compared to up close :)))
#2 is RUSSIAN RHAPSODY
#3 DAMASCAN VELVET
# 4 FLYING SAUCER
#5 MAYBE ECH GREEN EVNY ??? ANYONE KNOW ???

velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 24, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9179005

Kathy, is there a lake /spring or any water source near by? I have been watching the news...hate it when someone loses ones home like that. Have you moved out as much as you can just in case?

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9179217

Watched the evening news and they said it was now 80% contained, gosh and new fires starting elsewhere in ths state, something like 12 in the state now...All the small towns just west of Colorado Springs are being evacuated today, yikes!!!!, and there is another larger fire, 20 some miles to the west on the same hiway.

Nothing like a lake on my property, a neighbor has a pond that gets filled with rain this time of year...but not any rain for awhile. I signed up for reverse 911 today, it will notify me if the fire gets too close.

Vel...no, can't, no place to move it to and physically it's too hard on me at the moment. The heat has been horrible and now the smoke from all the fires. The news people say for those with heart problems to stay inside. Am running the sprinklers now, mostly to keep plants alive. Yuchhhhhhhh...I want light gentle rains!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9179254

we need it here also but i will be happy to let it get to you 1st :) Be safe
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 24, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9179278

.Yes, it is dry all over except Florida. Had my air on in my car coming home from church and it was still registering 100 degrees in my car. This heat is dreadful, glad I don't work outside. I really feel sorry for those who work outside.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9179319

Oh the fires would be so scarey. Sounds like fonder lac wi got all the rain for everyone. Horrible floods.

Winds blow here nonstop except when it is 100 and then not a breath... the poor ducks were even panting. They are so funny. They wouldn't stay by the pool unless I was there with them.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9179344

Kathy please be careful! Maybe pack up a bag with really important stuff you don't want to lose so, just in case. But just be safe, DJ is right, insurance will help rebuild, you are not replaceable. Your foxglove looks great, I had my first bud open on my Camelot Series Foxglove I bought this year. I was so excited when the flower spike went up, I thought that it wouldn't bloom for me this year.

Susie, that doesn't look like green envy to me but maybe its just the picture? Green envy has a band of pink that goes around the middle and the edges of the petals are green. Like I said, maybe it is just the picture though. I grow bronze fennel as well, did you have a question about it?

FH, your poor kitty. I hope he gets over this hump without costing you an arm and a leg because those prices are not only outrageous but a d*mn shame as well.

I have a question, has anyone grown Brazilian Walking Iris seeds? I was given some in a trade as a bonus, and I only found one site with info on germinating from seeds, evidently it is pretty rare that they develop seed pods? The lady said it took between 45 and 75 days for her seeds to germinate, and I was wondering if any of you tried?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2012
4:27 AM

Post #9179532

Holly : No Question on the B FENNEL Just that I Love the Flavor I Just grow it For Looks & to Chew on the stems as I walk pass it :) But I Have No luck Growing it from seed So as to grow it in other spots of the garden What Gives with that Can you tell me ???
As for the seeds i Don't know about IRIS SEEDS .

Well off to Get My Siding to finish off my trim on the House so ya all be safe & Have a great day

redunicorn
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9180014

I have lots of daylilies that need splitting. At least 70 of them.

I am looking for a Klingon Princess iris, a Beam Me Up Scotty daylily and Star Trek celosia to complete my Star Trek Garden.

Lindalee

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9180024

SORRY RED TRY OVER ON THE DAYLILY or iris FORUM This is just a Monthly trade forum .

afternoon all getting warm outside But Nice wind . have some new BLOOMS So going to go take a few Pic's
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 25, 2012
9:53 AM

Post #9180093

So I stopped @ the garden center for work...I will need to go back BECAUSE...
Red asiatic lily 'Monte Negro'
White asiatic lily - 'Casa Blanca'
White Spiderwort - 'Snowcap'
Red (flowering) sedum - 'Red Cauli'
Campanula carpatica - Whiteclips
red flowering lungwort - 'Raspberry Splash'
Company colors are red & white - can you tell?
And LOTS of blue there too!! I got 3 of each of the above (for the work retaining wall garden that I dug 8 dead junipers out of last week) for $125! Score in my book. Now I get to plant them all.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2012 11:01 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9180636

YeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwww. My June plant box from AliKat (Candi) arrived today. It is al appreciated soooooooooooo much!!!! I love it Candi!!!! I got some GREAT things I had been wanting!

Columbine (do you know what color it is?)
Hosta (do you know the name of it?)
Masterwort
Purple Coneflower (I love purple!)
Blue Cardinal Flower (lobeilia)
and a bonus plant : Rose Campions

They all arrived in really good shape. I was worried because our heat has been so terrible. I think I can go ahead and pot them up without giving them an extra drink in plain water as the paper towels are still damp. I will do that tonight when it cools down (well, cooler than the 104* it is right now. lol), right after I get your box packed up to mail when I go to town tomorrow!

We are into a stretch of triple digets the next 7 days. 106* predicted for a couple of those days. I hope this isn't a pre-view of the summer yet to come, like we had last year. I can see my water bill going up, up, up since I enlarged 2 gardens and built a new one! (pictures below) I slowatered all day yesterday and just got everything finished up. I think I'm going to add water crystals to to all the plants in that flowerbed, to help control the watering. I did it to my tomatoe's but have some other potted plants I think I will do it to also.

Susie, I have a daylily that I think I got from you, but the tag faded and I can't read it, except for part of spacecoat. Do you recognize it? The frost proof gardenia you gave me bloomed so wonderfully this spring. It smelled soooo good! I love it. Also the spider wart you gave me bloomed a pretty purple bloom. Right up my alley! I have several plants that have dj9 on them I have gotten over the past couple of years, and they are doing so well!

Edited to add: redunicorn...when you start dividing your daylilies, I would like to get some from you if we can work something out. TIA

Well, some of the new garden is now in shade so think I will go a planting. :-) You all have a great day!

This message was edited Jun 25, 2012 4:27 PM

Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 25, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9181214

Just wanted to let ya all know...I'm ok for now, they say the fire is 90% contained today. we'll see what happens overnight. I also got pix of the fire on the west side of Colorado Springs, in the pix the mountain is Pike's Peak. The pix were taken from my mailbox (1/2 mile from home and about 50-60 miles from the fire). First four pix are of the fire by Colorado Springs and the last pix is from the fire north by Fort Collins, it just shows all the smoke in the air west of me looking at the mountains.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2012
3:04 AM

Post #9181368

Kathy -- the bad fire better stay way from you! OMGoodness your sunrise/set photo is great...don't like that you can see the fire from your mailbox! Prayers your way for a break in the action and the fire to be put out!

Patti - so HAPPPPPY you got the box~ your gardens look great...you must have to water a few times a day with all those containers! Love the light house...garden accessories are so much fun! I'll have to snap a photo of my little bear...my neighbor has been trying to teach himself chair saw art and has been making little animals...he didn't like little bear and was going to burn him up in the bonfire last year...so I rescued him and now he lives at my house... WHAT ARE water crystals? Do they work?

Plant colors...
columbine -- those are baby ones and haven't flowered yet...they were growing by purple and burgundy so it could be either...this year I'm going to try and capture seeds like Fruity does so I'll know what color is what!
Hostas -- no idea...inherited those with the house 8 years ago...they just grow and grow!
The plants I sent seem to do well anywhere in my gardens except the hosta's need shade. I think they will love OK however, triple digits don't sound fun for ANYONE or THING! Stay cool! xo

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9184815

Water crystals, or Moisture crystals you can buy at places like Lowe's or Home Depot. They are very tiny little crystals that when you add water to swell up into a gel like state. They hold the water until the soil around it starts to get dry and adds moisture to the soil until they too get too dry, then they go back to their normal state. I try to keep things watered enough that the crystals never go back to their dry form.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9186390

I received my box from Roxanne today! I am amazed at this box, just stunned speechless! I will try to get some photos up later tonight!

medinilla magnifica
euphorbia
solomon's plume
gladiola Priscilla
potintilla Miss Wilmot
dbl. Tuberose
dwarf Cavendish banana
waterlily wilfrom gonnere
agapanthus
thalia
star of bethlehem
passiflora temptation x temptation
buterfly bush alternafolia
lingularia the rocket
iris- 'edged delight'
iris- 'pink frost'
Peruvian daffodil
Varigated solomon's seal
Chameleon plant
golden creeping jenny
red yarrow
toad lily tricyrtis
daylily double classic
penstemon husker's red
purple ballon flower
tiger lily bulbettes
cerinthe
sea lavender
globe flower
calla lily
amorphophallus konjac- Voodoo Lily
Jewels of Opar
Black Taro

Mosquito Pellets, and a wonderful solar powered dancing daisy! Everytime I look at the dancing daisy, I smile lol. Every section of the box I have unpacked, I have discovered another plant that hasn't been listed on the list ;) So I hope I have all of the plants listed. Roxanne, I honestly cannot thank you enough!! I love the box, and everything in it! I am extremely excited about the voodoo lily, I couldn't find one locally. I am hoping the smell isn't as bad as they make it out to be lol. I will try to get pictures of the box and post them tonight! The medinilla magnifica looks stunning as well!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

June 29, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9186404

What did she ship these in? A gaylord?!! LOL! WOW!
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9186486

LOL! A HUGE box. The mailman brought it up to the door, and I was like 'Are you sure this is the right one?!?' lol.

:D I have my hands full planting today lol.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9186518

WOW : YOU ALL JUST SURELY OUT DONE THIS SWAP THIS MONTH :) I HAVE TO PLAY CATCH UP
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I'M WRONG

DADDY IS READY FOR SUPER SO OFF I GO BACK LATER .
PLAYERS & PARTNERS

FOTV--1--------AliKat32 ------REC;D
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT---AMANDASQE---REC'D
AMANDASQE----CRIT---REC'D
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE ---REC'D
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM-----REC;D
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP----REC'D

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9186529

deejay...val advised me she would be out of town til after the 4th, so will ship June box in July...

Pix:Adenophora lilifolia, ladybells, related to Campanulas...

hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9186536

Susie, I told roxxanne that I will ship her box next week as well. I have been in over my head with trades and switching jobs. Now that things are starting to even out I will get it dug this weekend and shipped on monday.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9186615

ok ty ladies just check back i when they all arrive :)))) kathy our side trade will hopefully go out monday also very hot here also lack of rai makes for hard digging . going to try to go out & water as soon as i get daddy into bed .

ya all have a great evening .
susie
velmansia
Antioch, TN

June 29, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9186899

Yes! Sooooooooo hoooot!!! 106 ddegrees today, felt the heat coming out of the asphalt burning my face. I think of hell when it gets this hot and I know that is one place I don't need to go...can't take the heat.
Hollysmamma, that was a real treat!! Never heard of many of those plants. Wonderful trade.
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
11:15 PM

Post #9187089

Vel, I hadn't heard of many of them either. And truthfully, I had a cutting of a toad lily that I am currently trying to root that floridaheat was kind enough to share with me and a very small chameleon plant that a neighbor gave me, other than that, they are all new to me. So I have been up way too late looking up care information on all of them. I hurried up and planted them all (I'll dig up the tropicals at the end of summer) and figured I would move them to beds better suited for their needs as I figured them out.

Kathy, I hope everything is ok for you right now. I read that fires have been contained, and I was hoping that you were doing alright.

Susie, hopefully things are getting a little back to normal with your dad. I can never get bronze fennel seeds to germinate, I bought a small plant at the high school my little brother starts next year (it's a trade school and they have a horticulture program there). But I have wasted several batches of seeds with no luck.

Liz

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #9187366

GM Or MID NOON :) had to get my garden work done this am getting to warm out there already . so here I'am :)
Yes Daddy is starting to do better the INFECTIONS Are gone for now anyway .

I Have Cut one of the BRONZE FENNEL & Trying to get more starts as soon as i see if they are going to take i will be happy to share with others .

well i have a few irises in bleach water got to get them rinsed back later

xenspirit

xenspirit
Woburn, MA
(Zone 6b)

June 30, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9187987

I don't think I have plants that would fit the requirement for red white and blue. I will have to think about it, but it might be a stretch.
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9189700

They just called with Charlies results, he has cancer. Lymphoma, not treatable.
Tops they tell me I have 45-60 day left with him. Yea, not over joyed with that.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 2, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9189768

:( so sorry
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9190612

My husband and a DG friend are both telling me I need a second oppinion.
So that is what I am doing tomorrow, he will go see a specialist.
My DG friend says that cats that eat, are energetic and doing all normal cat things?
That may be a misdiagnosis.
She worked in a vets office for a few years as a tech and said she has never seen that in a cancer patient.
What do I know? Besides knowing I have to pay the bill? I know NOTHING about feline cancer!
hollysmamma
Cuyahoga Heights, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #9190731

Patti, she has a point, when Holly was sick the first thing that let us on to it was her eating habits changed, then she went blind, and the rest was down hill. But for them to say that Charlie has the same cancer as her but are missing the same symptoms...

Plus, Holly never developed fluid on the lungs or had to have her chest drained. And her cancer was in the lymph nodes as well. Has he lost weight? Holly went from 150lbs to 79lbs in 2 months.
FlaFlower
Miami Dade, FL
(Zone 11)

July 3, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9191437

No Charlie never skipped a beat on the food trail, ate even good this morning, he was consuming about 30 - 32 ounces of wet food a day and nibbling on dry when we were out of the house his only symptoms were mild anemia, I insisted on the X-ray and that is when they found the fluid. We went and had the second oppinion today and the end result was not good, Doc thought he had lung cancer, but we couldn't be sure because dispite repeated calls and requests, the original Vets office NEVER sent the X-rays Via e-mail we waited and waited and called and waited and nothing. The end result was even with very expensive Chemo, his prognosis at best was 6 months assuming he had a favorable reaction to the medications and very quickly at that, it would never be completely gone or in remission due to the type of cells he had going on...I decided to do what was best for him...and loved him into a peaceful farewell, I didn't want to see him sick or him experience that, I didn't want to see him in pain or him experience that, I didn't want to put him threw the ridgid schedule, maintainance and medication sickness just to see him in the same state a few days, a few weeks or a few months from now...I didn't want him to experience all that for my being selfish and wanting him here with me...I loved him enough to let him go, let him have the easy way out, while he was still healthy, purring, playing and I know he knew I loved him...I told him the whole time he was slipping away :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
This Pic was taken yesterday evening...not looking to shabby but is not interested in the camera at all

This message was edited Jul 3, 2012 1:15 PM

Thumbnail by FlaFlower

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9201749

Not sure where to post this, but it is Crimson Pixie that I got from Susie; first blossom and only second lily to bloom at all this year. Rest are coming. Also her Hens and chicks. I found an absolutely dry rocky place that nothing else will grow and they have gone nuts. Were only little round balls when I got them. Also a Lamium but not sure about the name.

Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46   Thumbnail by Oberon46

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9203311

Mary - nice photos! Gardens look great!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2012

Post #9203824

LOL. Most of it doesn't look like the moon's surface like you see under the hens and chicks...All we have gotten for over a week is rain and more rain to come. Wish I could send you all some

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2012
9:53 AM

Post #9203863

we have had NO rain for over 5wks Now & Its been in the 100* then cooled to 70's Now back up in the 90*s un heard of for michigan this time of year . Our Summers have never Been this unbearable . thankful for the AC :)

Opened my sale again & I Don't think anyone is going to be yard saling today as hot as it is . Had 8 sales this morning .3 of them were just for cut flowers from the gardens . one guy bought 2 bouquets .

sorry had a car drive in GOOD Sale :) time to fix me some coffee :) ya all have a great day .
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9203892

You too Susie. I will really try to ship some of our rain to you. We are turning into mushrooms. course, that isn't unusual for us.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #9204157

thank you for the sprinkles of rain we got ;)we got just enough to wet the leaves on the plants but will take any we can get .
tomorrow is a 30% chance . well off to tend to my critters so i ca sit back & relax for the night :)

velmansia
Antioch, TN

July 19, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9211160

Deejay9, I received my package from warriorswisdomkathy.

Kathy sent me my birthday gift 2 months early and oh boy...what a treat!!
Sorry, I got busy planting and didn't take any pictures. Went to bed plannning and got up at 6am and started my planting. Trying to beat the sun.
This is what I found in my box:
IRISES-
White with purple stitching (2)
Ski run s. alpine
Peach (3)
Dwarf yellow (2)
Amarylis
Nice cluster of Johnny-jump ups
Adenophora
Veronica-sight seeing blue
Scabiosa
Coreopsis sunray
Centaurea montana amethyst -very large clump
Valariana officinalis
Hesperis matronalis
Verbascum phonecium white and also seeds
Phlox -David
Thanks for a great trade. Now I am waiting for the promised rain

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9211283

NICE BOX VEL , WE JUST GOT OUR POURING RAIN last nite from 2-3am then it went into just a steady rain till about 8 am went out to try to get a few weeds out & found that some of the ground down by the roots are still bone dry .
we need still allot more rain .

OK NOW I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE BOX TO ROXXANNE WAS REC'D OR NOT THEN I CAN CLOSE THIS ONE .
TY ALL .

FOTV--1--------AliKat32 ------REC;D
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY----REC'D
CRIT---AMANDASQE---REC'D
AMANDASQE----CRIT---REC'D
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE ---REC'D
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM-----REC;D
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP----REC'D
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9211919

No I didn't get a box from hollysmama yet.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9211995

pix 1: Amaryllis (flatie)
pix 2:Ski Run
pix 3: dwarf yellow
pix 4: Peach coloered iris
pix 5: White with purple stitchining

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9212007

pix 1: Hesperis
pix 2: verbascum phoenicium
pix 3: Adenophora lilifolia, ladybells (related to campanula), blooms June-July, sun to shade
pix 4: Valariana officinalis
pix 5: Centaurea montana Amathyst in Snow

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2012
8:48 PM

Post #9212010

pix 1: Veronica spicata, Sight Seeing, blue
pix 2: Phlox paniculata David
pix 3: Coreopsis grandiflora Sunray
pix 4: Scabiosa caucasica, lav/blue OR
pix 5: Scabiosa caucasica white

Gosh I hope you like them and they grow big and strong, lol. Enjoy!!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9212266

this has been a very hot summer for many of us & So Maybe she may have to send your box when it cools . we will be sure to let you know .
ty all NICE Pic's Kathy :)
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 20, 2012
8:26 AM

Post #9212335

No problem. I'm patient
velmansia
Antioch, TN

July 20, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9212939

Kathy, the snapshot of your flowers are always so stricking. I hope mine will get to look like yours.
Timing was just right, we had a down pour last night and more today, so you sent them at the right time.
Thanks again.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9213909

Love your pictures Kathy. Would love to see your place in person!

I got a start of Amethyst in Snow last year, I think from Fruity, that I have had in a pot since then. It bloomed real pretty this spring. Question is, do they spread or do you just have a lot of them planted? That is the next one to go into the ground in the new bed.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

July 22, 2012

Post #9214322

I have a strain of Amethyst in Snow and I scattered seeds from the blooms last fall. I have tons of new little plants all around. Had to pull many as they were overcrowded.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9214513

AUG SWAP SIGN UP IS OPEN .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272084/
COME CHECK US OUT

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 22, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9214664

Crit... Amethyst in snow is a vigorous grower all on it's own, when I deadhead, I've been dropping the flower heads on the ground under mommy and I've gotten many babies doing such. It will grow better in the ground tho... Just to let ya know, they start blooming in late spring with a big flush of blooms, I dead head a few times and then when things get a bit ragged looking I chop the plant back to about 8" or so and let it regrow to full ht ( bout 24-30"), and blooming begins again. Continue doing when it begins looking a bit icky (technical term). lol. I have the blue variety and this one, the white is a bit more aggressive (reseeding) than the blue...It's also a indicator plant, when this one begins to droop it's time to water the garden...

these are considered perennial cornflowers, (sure would like to find the pink one, may have to sens to England if I want one tho, got a new one last summer is blackie, gosh maybe I should look and see how it's doing, lol...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9219569

Thanks Kathy. Mine is like pic #1
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 26, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9219730

Thats the one she sent me in April (?May maybe) trade :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9220769

ok mY FRIENDS as you all know this is the last week for the boxes to go out Can i get some up dates as who has SENT ??

I will be in & Out more out then in for daddy is not well right now & it is taken both of us to deal along with hospis off to get some sleep
so i can go take over at 12 am .

so just let me know that you have sent your JULY BOXES OR NOT Or When you will be able to. TY ALL .

susie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9222604

Prayers are with you and your family Susie.

AliKat and I are doing a trade that was to be suppose to be for June, but our tremendous heat has kept me from mailing to her. You are my trade partner but with all that is going on, if you would like me to wait a while to send, I can do that. Don't want you stressing about needing to put things in the ground with all the other things you have going on. Just let me know.

Our temps this week are going to be MISERABLE. All over the 100+ temps. We had 9 days in a row over 100, then a 'cool down' to 98 but now back in the 100+'s. This week we have 2 112*, 2 111*, 108, then cooling down to around 105* or 106*. We have had about 7 days in a row since we had our 98*. May have to mortgage my DH to pay the water bill. Not to mention watering my gardens and flowers, he has been watering the back yard because he is determined to have a nice green yard back there so we can enjoy it. It is nice, I have to admit! Our front yard is left to it's own. It is too large to try and water, and a lot of it doesn't have any grass anyway because of the pine trees and oak trees that shade the ground.

Thinking I may go float around the pool a while. Being in the pool is the ONLY thing this weather is any good for. About 1/4 of the pool gets shaded by the roof overhang, so I can hang out there and not be in the direct sun.

Oh, got my notice my subscription is up August 11, so if I don't answer dmails or something, it's because it is off for a while. As sporatic as I have been on lately, you probably wouldn't even notice I am gone. lol I won't stay gone for long, but wanted to give you a heads up. If you want my email address, just dmail me in the next few days with your mail and I will send it to you.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America