Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Orchid Cactus: Beautiful blooms this year.

Communities > Forums > Orchid Cactus
bookmark
Forum: Orchid CactusReplies: 6, Views: 97
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9121332

Some of my Orchid Cactus are blooming so well this Spring. Though I would share.

Thumbnail by picabo   Thumbnail by picabo   Thumbnail by picabo   Thumbnail by picabo   Thumbnail by picabo
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9121358

(((((((Betty)))))))))))) Long time no type! Those are gorgeous. How have you been?
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9121373

Hi Kim!!! I am trying to get back on here. Just stay so busy. My kids are on Facebook so I am on there visiting with them. I posted these pictures on FB and thought I need to put on here too. How are you doing? Thought I would make it to Ritas with the group but couldn't make it work. I would love to see everyone.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9121486

I didn't make it to Ritas either, would like to get back to seeing our group of gardening friends. You must have enjoyed the mild winter, thus so many blooms on the Orchid cactus?
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9121517

The bugs are awful though. Most of the Brugs have Broad Mites. I am on my second round of Avid spray. If this don't fix them I am about ready to torch about 30 Brugs. LOL
orchidman1
Deep Run, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 12, 2012
8:50 PM

Post #9121641

Picabo:: Beautiful blooms! Do you possibly have the names so we can study them better? bob
picabo
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6b)

May 12, 2012
10:58 PM

Post #9121692

The first on the left I think is Cream de Menthe ( I have another plant blooming next week and will know for sure)
I had some bad labels a few years ago and let them get mixed up. I think they are both Cream de Menthe I know the second one is. It is a large 6 year old plant and has set its first buds. The blooms on this plant are about 12" across.

The second and third are unknown I have had them for at least 20 years bought them as cuttings from the Estate sale of a woman who worked at Cheekwood Gardens here in Nashville. The blooms are about 8" across

The third is Marseillaise A great bloomer, the color is not to be believed. stripes of Orange, dark pink and fuchsia with a lime center.

Last is a Ric rac . This has been a GREAT bloomer until last year when I let them get sunburned. I only got this one bloom on about 5 plants this year. I usually get dozens of blooms.

Any idea on the ID for the pink?
Here is a picture of one of the Ric racs on a better year

Thumbnail by picabo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Orchid Cactus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
what is a epis? binky1972 16 Aug 19, 2008 10:55 PM
Epiphyllum seed help Kachinagirl 4 Oct 1, 2008 6:42 PM
Epiphyllum blooming MaryE 87 Aug 1, 2007 8:22 AM
The Epis Are Coming, The Epis Are Coming!! 2005 Happenstance 182 Feb 7, 2008 2:40 AM
The Epis Are Here, The Epis Are Here!! 2005 Happenstance 155 Feb 7, 2008 2:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America