Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Landscape: The Texas Native Wildflower Slope.: Still going?

Communities > Forums > Landscape: The Texas Native Wildflower Slope.
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: The Texas Native Wildflower Slope.Replies: 1, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rookerie
Denison, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 13, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9121897

Hello, Josephine:
I know it's been several years since you posted these pictures. I do hope your wildflowers are still just as stunning!

I live in North TX (Denison), so I'm not too far away, perhaps only half a zone or so. I wonder if I could recreate something similar to your wildflower garden in a problem area of my yard? Here we have red sand with a layer of red-iron gravel which has to be removed before planting anything. I've built up the 20-foot bed with native rock and amended the soil a little with good compost and the oak leaves that drop on it every year. Surprisingly, it gets sun almost all afternoon, which makes it difficult to cultivate in our hot summers without excessive watering.

I would sincerely appreciate any hints and tips you could give about getting started. Could you possibly list what kind of plants you put there, and whether you had to use any starters, or if it was all from seed?

Thanks so much for posting these pictures! Great inspiration!
Rook
plant_it
Valparaiso, IN

June 3, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9150369

Love the native plants. I just stumbled upon the photos of your slope and am so impressed with what you've done. Absolutely stunning! Thank you for the inspiration.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: The Texas Native Wildflower Slope. Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
landscaping your sloped area FLAGARDENING 9 Oct 19, 2009 12:01 PM
Native butterfly bed plantmover 2 Oct 19, 2009 1:40 PM
1/2 sun, Need something tall shortgardener 3 Feb 28, 2011 12:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America