Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: healing powers of comfrey

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sshort
Kansas City, MO

May 14, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9123037

I developed a herbal garden for a living history village and included Comfrey. A volunteer was bitten by a Brown Spider while digging into old boxes of linens with a resulting nasty open sore on her forearm. The doctor stated the only treatment was to keep it clean and prevent infection. The hole would get bigger and not heal for at least a month. I suggested she try a comfrey poltuce and gave her some of the leaves from the garden. To everyones surprise, and the doctor, the wound healed in one week. I do not suggest anyone take comfrey internally but I am now a believer in it's healing powers externally.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9123066

That's very interesting, and god to know that a doctor can attest to the event and result. Thans for reading , and more so for yur interesting story.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now I'm even happier... critterologist 4 Apr 9, 2010 6:59 AM
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
Handy for first aid, too! imapigeon 1 Apr 10, 2010 5:36 AM
regarding comfrey, cjvwm 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America