Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Abevmurray
Miami, FL

May 14, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9123047

I notice that my mint plants wilt at the end of the day. Does that mean that they are not getting enough water.

I have a Moringa Olifera plant which I planted almost a year ago. It is very tiny and will not grow and appears to be struggling. I live in Florida, could it be the soil. I have friends with this plant and could almost watch it grow. This plant grows very fast from what I can see with my friends plants
allgr8dogs
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9158315

Moringa typically are able to grow in very poor soils - do you have caliche?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 9, 2012
1:33 PM

Post #9158335

For the Moringa, can you post a picture and say a little more about the conditions you're growing it in (sun/shade, watering, fertilizing, what type of soil you have, etc)?

As far as the mint--did you plant it recently or has it been there a while? If it's newly planted, it could just be transplant shock and should go away as they get better established. It doesn't necessarily mean they need more water (too much water and too little water can both cause wilting, and especially with newly planted things sometimes they will wilt during the heat of the day even if they've got the right amount of water, but then perk up in the evening when it's cooler and the sun's not beating down on them).
WeeNel
Ayrshire Scotland
United Kingdom

June 10, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9159729

Cant help you with either other than to say, Mint becomes rampant once it starts to really take off and I would always plant this in a large container to prevent the spread from underground runners / roots, believe me I've seen whole gardens taken over with mint, even in lawns, suppose it depends on what type of mint it is but have never seen one that is well behaved yet.You can sink the container into the soil if required and the container might not dry out too fast. Good luck. Weenel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America