Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities: invasive

Communities > Forums > Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualitiesReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NSgarden
urban Halifax, NS
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9123336

I have found comfrey really hard to remove. We grew it years ago to feed to our manure producing farmed rabbits. We don't keep livestock anymore but it is very persistent in places where I would like to do something else. The tap roots go down forever. But it does have lots of good Qualities. The bees love it. Comfrey is always full of the big bumbling bees as it seems to flower forever. It holds a wet bank in place for which I am truly grateful as we had hundreds of millimeters of rain last summer. It is great for the green component of the compost pile. ( Can't use kitchen waste as we live in the woods with bears and raccoons ).
The deer love comfrey which is not a wonderful thing for my property.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 14, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9123979

Interesting information! Thanks for reading and posting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common comfrey (Symphytum officinale) has uncommon qualities Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Now I'm even happier... critterologist 4 Apr 9, 2010 6:59 AM
Good info! Sundownr 2 Apr 14, 2010 6:28 AM
Handy for first aid, too! imapigeon 1 Apr 10, 2010 5:36 AM
regarding comfrey, cjvwm 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:47 AM
PROOF WAS IN THE PUDDING docgipe 1 Apr 13, 2010 6:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America