Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Hidden in Pictures: Re not seeing what's there...

Communities > Forums > Article: Hidden in Pictures
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hidden in PicturesReplies: 0, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
prickersnall
Madison, WI

May 14, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9123380

Hi; Two points...I have a feeling the Congress Street Bridge in Austin, Texas is home to millions of bats who are an area tourist attraction for their evening descent to feed. I think bats would see spiders as food.

The other, my experience of surprise when I saw results of film devepment:

Wisconsin..my home base...in winter occasionally has hoar-frost, a delicate tracery of frost crystals on every weed and leaf over a valley or moisture-swept plain...a beautiful, short-lived sight before the sun warms it away. So I was out with my camera one time, and saw that chicken wire, which I had stretched across something in the garden, was edged with tiny little white teeth of frost...looking like lace edging the wires, so of course I homed in on the needed focus, clicked, then went looking for more to shoot.

When I got the pictures back from development, to my amazement, there right in the middle, behind the frosted chicken wire sat my neighbor's husky dog, intently watching me at my work !

Although he couldn't have been more than 3 feet from me, he had said not a murmer, as was his way, as a husky...curious to watch instead of speaking up. But it made a great photo.

The Owner of the dog bought a print !

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hidden in Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wow! jazzy1okc 2 May 14, 2012 3:24 PM
hidden snake NSgarden 0 May 14, 2012 9:27 AM
picture of mosquito and frog water_sun_grow 0 May 14, 2012 3:03 PM
Very nice! KimNorthrop 2 Jul 2, 2012 7:40 PM
WOW ! BessieJoubert 0 May 14, 2012 10:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America