-
AuthorContent
weasel71
Lombard, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2012
11:56 AM

Post #9124925

I transplanted my Rose of Sharon about 5 days ago from behind the garage where it only got a few hours of morning sun to a raised flower bed that's in a sunnier spot. My problem is that the leaves on this plant have been limp ever since and I'm afraid it's going to croak. Maybe it was just a bad time to move it since here in Chicago, it's been warm and sunny the last few days. Anyways, I'm keeping it watered and will feed it tonight with the hope that this plant will bounce back. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 15, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9124958

Sounds like it's suffering from transplant shock, that is very normal. Assuming you dug up a sufficient amount of roots when you moved it, it should bounce back. If it's warm and sunny, you might try rigging up a little shade for it to try and keep the sun off of it until it gets its roots going again. I also would not feed it yet, you want to give it a little chance to recover first. And make sure you keep it watered but don't drown it, too much water is just as bad as too little.
weasel71
Lombard, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2012
12:28 PM

Post #9124966

Thanks!
Cearbhaill
Russell, KY
(Zone 6b)

May 16, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9125863

Stakes+sheet+clothespins=dandy temporary shade.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America