Intermediate Bearded NOID in burgundy

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

I think this happy IB came to me as a bonus from the Suttons or from Schreiner about 4 years ago. I can't match it to any of the IBs pictured in recent catalogs. It has a touch of purple on the bracts. Beards are orange tipped. Definitely a reddish violet with hints of brown, except for lavender-blue veining (or something) in the centers of the falls. The photo is pretty true to color.

Thumbnail by dawnsharon2001
New York, NY(Zone 7a)

It is indeed a Sutton (George) intermediate bearded iris, "Pop Art", and it grows like a weed for the Suttons too.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Love it! How tall is yours? Does it grow like a weed for you too?

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

I haven't measured bloom stalk height, but "Pop Art" shares a container with Schreiner's TB "Amity Estate", which starts blooming almost two weeks later and overtops it by 6"-12". I'm pretty sure I started with no more than one rhizome of each, and "Pop Art" has taken over that container and puts up about a dozen bloom stalks with 4-6 flowers apiece. I'd call it a weed if it weren't so pretty. It seems to shrug off pests, though gray aphids seem to have messed up a stalk or two this year. "Amity Estate", crammed into the container with it, manages half as many stalks with enormous purple amoena flowers.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Just gorgeous...I want it !

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.