Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Hidden in Pictures: Lizard or snake? Name that reptile!

Communities > Forums > Article: Hidden in Pictures
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hidden in PicturesReplies: 2, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
natureguyfrog
San Diego, CA

May 15, 2012
10:14 PM

Post #9125536

Yes nature is full of these hidden wonders. Some of my best pictures were taken with a macro lens on my old fully manual Canon F1 in a deserted lot full of weeds and trash. Taking a picture of a flower can turn into a picture of bee, butterfly or even humingbird! There are ALWAYS things to see in a photo that are hardly seen with our eyes. Its all about perspective! You see things in a NEW way!

About the "hidden snake": The very small portion that is seen is very un-snakelike. Snakes do not have eyelids. The eyes are fixed in the sockets. In what I see, the ridge over the eye and the light area around the eye seems to point towards eyelids and eyes that are directional. If you look at the zoom of the hole while blocking out (piece of paper with a straight edge) the blurry object just to the right. If you block only along the line of this blurry thing you will see what looks to me to be the top of a lizards head cocked to the left (as lizards do) to get a good look at camera with its right eye. You can see the top of the head and the forward part of the 'brow' of the left eye. I would guess it could be one of the "spiny" lizards ie. fence lizard, swift, etc. It appears to have a somewhat rounded head but we do not see the snout. If it is longer then it could be a mature male skink. Both of these genus Sceloporus and Eumeces have species in Texas.

Anyway its all a guess...sure a lot of fun trying to figure out!
hamptons
Watermill, NY

May 16, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9125882

I don't know if it's a lizard but it doesn't look like a snake to me.
Sceloporous
Lebanon, PA

May 26, 2012
1:16 AM

Post #9138979

Doesn't strike me as a "blue-belly." Head seems too elongated and not rounded. Almost looked for a protruding fourth tooth by the shape of the head. But this isn't croc and gator country...or is it?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hidden in Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wow! jazzy1okc 2 May 14, 2012 3:24 PM
hidden snake NSgarden 0 May 14, 2012 9:27 AM
Re not seeing what's there... prickersnall 0 May 14, 2012 10:15 AM
picture of mosquito and frog water_sun_grow 0 May 14, 2012 3:03 PM
Very nice! KimNorthrop 2 Jul 2, 2012 7:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America