Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Flowers: Trumpet plant/vine won't bloom

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 2, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
artist410
East Hartford, CT

May 16, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9126185

A friend gave me a cutting from her trumpet plant and it's been planted for about 8 years. Each year, if I'm lucky it has six or eight blossoms on this huge vine. What can I do to help it bloom? I fertilize it with all purpose flower fertilizer, but practically no blooms. Why?
cytf
Staten Island, NY

September 11, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9271901

I have a trumpet vine for 5 years that someone gave me too. I never fertilize it, I even cut it back every year and it blooms nicely.Try not to fertilize it and see what results you get next season. I have mine planted at the 90 degree angle where the fence meets and its a sunny area.Good luck ctyf

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9271941

I agree, cut out the fertilizer and see what happens. Are you getting lots of foliage? If so, that's a sign of too much nitrogen which is great if you want leaves.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America