Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Woo Hooo!!!! New Fence!!!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Now I don't have to look at the train wreck next door! I've been saving for this fence for 5 years and realized I finally had enough money for 100 feet of privacy fence. I had the reed fence up before but it was pretty much see through and the reeds had to be replaced every 2 years. Now I have this awesome blank canvas!

I'm thinking of getting 3 pieces of that 10 foot vinyl guttering and planting annual trailing plants in it and putting hanging baskets of Geraniums in between the guttering.

The obvious thing is wave petunias for the gutters but I'd love some ideas on other trailing plants that would look great. Also ideas of what you'd do with this blank canvas!

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
(Zone 9a)

The sweet potato vines come in about a gazillion colors now, you could mix them in.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

What about a confederate jasmine? Then you won't have to smell the eyesore either!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I like the batatas idea .. Mike, I have some of that and it wants to climb more than trail .. I just want annuals .. nothing that will try to grab hold of the fence and I don't thing perennials would like something as shallow as the guttering.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

I got ya now... I overlooked the guttering part.

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Nice fence! Congratulations!
Entlie

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I'm loving it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.