Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

DG Journals and Diaries: How to add a plant to my journal if I can't find it on DG?

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dcartphoto
Fort Dodge, IA

May 17, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9127585

I bought Thrivers Perennials Stonecrop Veriegated Sedum Spectabile but I can't find it in the DG plant list and would like to add it to my journal, is there a way to do that?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 17, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9127803

If you have the real cultivar name for the plant, you can add it to Plant Files and once it's in there, then you can add it to your journal. Or if you don't want to add it to PF or aren't sure of the real cultivar name then you can manually add it to your journal (go into whatever category you want to add it to, and you'll see a link to add a new entry to this category--that'll pull up a page with blank spaces and you can add the name, etc.) I don't know if you can know for sure what the real cultivar name of your plant is if what you showed here is all that came on the label--Thrivers Perennials sounds like a grower's name, and variegated is just a description not a cultivar name. So your best bet will probably be to manually add it to your journal rather than trying to add it to Plant Files.
dcartphoto
Fort Dodge, IA

May 18, 2012
11:36 PM

Post #9129186

Thank you so much! Yes there is no cultivater name on the tag or on the website and I can't find one that looks quite the same here so I'll just add it manually. Thanks!

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America