Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Vegetable Gardening: This wee's harvest

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Vegetable GardeningReplies: 14, Views: 90
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

May 18, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9128310

A few of the things we're harvesting this week. Weather is hot, upper 80's most days, upper 60's at night.
I can't believe it, it left out my photos after I waited forever for them to load, so frustrating!

This message was edited May 18, 2012 8:32 AM
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 18, 2012
10:21 PM

Post #9129156

Very small harvest. Lol Sorry for your frustration but thank you for making me laugh.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 19, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9129297

I'm disappointed too as it is always interesting to hear how the season is going for you, Calalily. I will hope that you are able to get photos posted.

I've heard so many complain about these photos not going thru or taking sooo long. But then I look and no one seems to be doing a complaint thread on the Daves Garden forum.

Many have said just to send one photo at a time works best just like the good ole days. Sorry ~ Kristi
MaryMcP
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

May 19, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9129439

I think it depends on the size of the image. Mine load just fine but I don't know what the size is...whatever the camera does. :-|

stephanietx

stephanietx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 19, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9129585

There's another thread with the pics. :)
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

May 19, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9129792

Okay, this thread is jinxed! I was typing and the whole tab disappeared!
I have a laptop with a wireless data thingie, like a memory stick but has its own phone #. It is ATT, works well when it is HSPA connection, but more often than not it doesn't work and is GPRS which is terrible. If I call and complain, it usually works well for a while, then back to same old stuff until I call again. They said I could buy a booster that may or may not work for $200. I think they turn the service to yuckie or good at their whim!
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 19, 2012
2:57 PM

Post #9129797

But not all of us can post on that thread. Well, on one of them we can.

Pod-when I checked Daves Forum last night the first thread was all about the problems that everyones having loading pictures. I didnt understand it but the one thing I did get is that many people are having issues with it. Oh, BTW, what type of Cucumber are you growing Pod? I know youve mentioned it before but... Is it in a container? Im quickly running out of garden space so I thought I might try some cukes that produce pickling type fruit without the huge vine, and that can be grown in containers. Im growing bush beans in containers (1st time) and it is working out well. I have a lot more control over how much sun they get. Which Im hoping will help in the middle of summer. Dont know why I planted sooo many tomato plants, Im planting the last this weekend. I ask myself this every year, but every year it gets worse. LOL My son dug the holes and its so easy to just plop the plant in. I even have tomtato buttons on my Aunt Ruby's German Green. Wow, do those plants grow fast!
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 19, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9129800

I have no idea what you just wrote but good luck! lol

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9129864

I'm not having picture posting problems. Awhile back I was, but I set the max pic size to medium and haven't had any more problems. There's an option to set the picture size on most cellphones and cameras.

Try playing around with it.

Linda.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9130635

I think there are lots of factors that weigh in with the photo transmission issue and I think Krowtens' post snagged it http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257471/#new

Hey Lisa ~ I'm growing the cucumbers in a raised bed. Right now I am growing Alibi (my new favorite) and Little Leaf which has always seemed to be a bit slow starting. I am starting new cucumbers to keep them going through summer as we enjoy them. I will be starting some Spacemaster cucumbers as well. If I'm not mistaken they are all parthenocarpic and seem to start producing earlier than those types that need pollination. I'm sure I have a few extra seed if you want to try a few?

I just lost a whole blessed post... I guess I will never get used to this new laptop. By the time I figure it out, it will need replacing. Grrrr!

stephanietx

stephanietx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9130648

I commented on this very problem when they first went to multiple pics in a post and was blown off. So glad others are having the same problems.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9130654

Actually the best thing to do is start a thread in the Daves Garden forum rather than just comment in a post. Admin won't take notice of grumbling unless it is brought to their attention. Others, like myself look there first if I am having an issue and if there are no posts, I assume it is a problem on my end.

stephanietx

stephanietx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2012
2:36 PM

Post #9130868

I did post it in the Dave's Garden forum and was simply told 'resize'.
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9130875

There is an active thread at the top of Daves Garden forum called Problems Loading Pics. Or something like that. Lol. Many others are having problems I suggest you check it out and add your 2 cents.
One person just suggested that the user shouldn't be the one to solve the problem, that the tech team should. Seems reasonable to me.

Pod-thanks for the cuke seeds offer. Could any of those be grown in containers? I really want to make pickles this season.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 20, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9130891

Lisa ~ any of these would work in containers.

BTW, my link above goes to that specific thread.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vegetable Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very important question farmgirl21 31 Jan 8, 2008 12:31 AM
Need Source For Chinese Vegetable Seed berrygirl 18 Jun 15, 2008 7:21 PM
An accidental lesson Farmerdill 26 Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM
Planting the "Three sisters" HilltopDaisy 94 Jul 6, 2011 3:38 AM
Rhubarb emilyrasmus 19 Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America