Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Antiques and Collectibles: Antique Picture Frame

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 2, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FlowrLady
-South Central-, IL
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9128669

Today I got an antique frame, like pics of our great grandparents are in. It has rounded corners on the bottom, the top is totally rounded, and it has curved glass.

Now I don't know anything about this, but I think it might be valuable, and I'm wondering if someone can ballpark a $$ for me.

Also, what am I going to do with it? The person in it looks pretty creepy, and the picture has no value to me... does it?

What are people doing these days with those old, old, frames?

Thanks for your input on this. I know I'm at the best place to get the best advice.
bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2012
2:36 PM

Post #9128780

I inherited a bunch of those. Had a garage sale and put a sign on the table that read, "Instant Ancestors." That was at least 15 yrs ago. I think the ones that had the rounded glass sold for $35. to $65. It depended on the frame and size too. I had lots of small professional photos that were of little girls or families dressed up. Those sold for $5 to 10. with no frames.

It's too bad people don't mark the back of their photos for their relatives. I have a stack of family photos that I have no idea who any of them are. One is a group of men with long beards and all on horseback. I can't get rid of 'em because they're family, but I don't know anyone alive who could possibly ID them. After Hurricane Camille, I started marking the back of my photos with who they were and my relation to them.

Hope that helps.
FlowrLady
-South Central-, IL
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9128909

thanks, bubbles. It helps to know 'something'. I appreciate it.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America