We are blooming Now!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Everything is looking so lush with this great weather. I have all my seeds and tubers planted and now just waiting for more blooms.

Thumbnail by haighr
Hillsborough, NC

What a lovely area -- it looks so inviting. I bet you spend LOTS of time relaxing out there!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh we spend all our time out there. Our outside is 10x better than in and we do enjoy it. This is our "nightlife" too!

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

We call this our Burning Pickle Patio, you are always welcome to drop by!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1240686/

Thumbnail by haighr
Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

the perennials,azaleas, etc are lush in growth. The weeds are even more numerous and lush!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Finally since I am retired I can begin keeping the weeds under control. I have all the dahlias in and all but a few are coming up.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

haighr

I love how you added the roof to your fence, that is a great idea, would you mind if I stole it?

You have a wonderful backyard. I miss MD, but I'm love the weather in FL, but to have the weather, I have to give up a lot of my perennials that I loved so much. A lot of trade off, but for the most part it is wonderful to be home again.

Jan

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Happy to hear that you are loving FL and sure you will compensate with the tropical gardens that I love so much and can't really have here in MD. Well, I can but then must tote all that stuff inside the end of Sept.
We wanted just enough roof to keep the rain off so we can be out through all weather and it is perfect. Kinda like being in a little private pub which we call "The Burning Pickle" patio! Come over and enjoy anytime and help yourself to the idea!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks haighr.

We are still trying to clean up from the TS Debby and the minor damage. Today is the best day so far, winds are starting to die down some, more breaks between the showers. Now just waiting on the fence guys, pool cage repair guys, and roofing company. Then we will be back to normal.

Jan

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh dear, I have seen some of the damage on the news. How much rain did you get? Did you lose your roof? We had a terrible storm at the cabin last year and the hail poured right through the kitchen roof and we had to put a new roof on that entire side of the cabin at our own expense so I feel some of your pain. Glad to hear things are getting better today.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

well the official record last night said 10+ but I measure by my outside dog water bowl and how many times I have to empty it and it was 2 full plus some more. Today is the first time when letting the dogs out that I didn't have to tie them to the earth to keep them from flying by.... and life moves forward. After having so much wind it is strange to not have hardly any.LOL

Jan

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow, guess you are now in the calm "after the storm". Glad things are getting better for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images