Photo by Melody

Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet?: Nice article, nice plant

Communities > Forums > Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet?Replies: 5, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9131603

Nice article and sure sounds like a winning plant. I may have to take the plunge! You showed quite a color range too; must be one for me there!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 21, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9131617

Go for it, a pot will have 3-5 individual plugs which you will separate out and grow separately in other combinations, if I know you! There are lots more colors than what I pictured---there were SO MANY PHOTOS I just used a few. Look in plantfiles, or go to the nursery. Go for it! Thanks, Sally.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9131635

I did see some at a nursery...

Thumbnail by sallyg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tbva
Falls Church, VA

May 21, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9131649

I have been growing them in pots in my Northern Virginia area for a couple of years. I love them. No deadheading, no sticky parts, lively colors...what's not to love? Prices this year seem a little lower than last year...more suppliers?
pattyd17
Wheaton, IL

May 21, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9131892

I love these plants! I grow them in a hanging pot in a lot of shade and they do just fine!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 21, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9131903

Wow, Sally, that "gold with red eye" is actually two different colors, not two different shades of the same color! Good that you grab these photos...we have a roving photographer!

Patty and tbva--I agree, they are great little plants! Do it, Sally, now, now, NOW. (And hello to Falls Church!) I'm getting so revved up I can hardly wait to move so I can start buying stuff.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good Information! CLScott 3 May 21, 2012 6:10 AM
Love this plant LadyAshleyR 8 May 24, 2012 12:56 AM
Love the "Cabaret" White improved! NorahE 1 May 24, 2012 12:44 AM
Calibrachoa doniesue43 1 May 24, 2012 12:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America