Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet?: Nice article, nice plant

Communities > Forums > Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet?Replies: 5, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9131603

Nice article and sure sounds like a winning plant. I may have to take the plunge! You showed quite a color range too; must be one for me there!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9131617

Go for it, a pot will have 3-5 individual plugs which you will separate out and grow separately in other combinations, if I know you! There are lots more colors than what I pictured---there were SO MANY PHOTOS I just used a few. Look in plantfiles, or go to the nursery. Go for it! Thanks, Sally.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9131635

I did see some at a nursery...

Thumbnail by sallyg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tbva
Falls Church, VA

May 21, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9131649

I have been growing them in pots in my Northern Virginia area for a couple of years. I love them. No deadheading, no sticky parts, lively colors...what's not to love? Prices this year seem a little lower than last year...more suppliers?
pattyd17
Wheaton, IL

May 21, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9131892

I love these plants! I grow them in a hanging pot in a lot of shade and they do just fine!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

May 21, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9131903

Wow, Sally, that "gold with red eye" is actually two different colors, not two different shades of the same color! Good that you grab these photos...we have a roving photographer!

Patty and tbva--I agree, they are great little plants! Do it, Sally, now, now, NOW. (And hello to Falls Church!) I'm getting so revved up I can hardly wait to move so I can start buying stuff.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Calibrachoa -- have you tried them yet? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good Information! CLScott 3 May 21, 2012 6:10 AM
Love this plant LadyAshleyR 8 May 24, 2012 12:56 AM
Love the "Cabaret" White improved! NorahE 1 May 24, 2012 12:44 AM
Calibrachoa doniesue43 1 May 24, 2012 12:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America