Photo by Melody

Sewing and Quilting: I need your help ....

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 247, Views: 1,620
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 21, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9131828

!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THEM ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE THEY ARE PERFECT AND THIS MEANS SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know my father was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma back in October he is in a research study and doing well on his treatments. My DH headed out to Florida on Sat. to see his sister who was diagnosed last month with lung and kidney cancer. He just found out yesterday that it has spread to her brain and liver. Debbie is a single mom who brought up a son (Jason) with childhood leukemia that is thankfully in remission and he is now 22. Unfortunately Debbie was given 3 to 6 months.

The Ladie's Auxillary for VFW in Pelham N.H. where I grew up, will raffle a quilt for me and the money will be donated to cancer research. Without research my Dad and Jason, oh and so many other survivors would not have the chance or time they have now been given. I would like to make 2 quilts. One quilt is for the research donation and the other for my nephew to honor his Mom and him as a cancer survivor.

Here is where I need your help... I would like to have 42 blocks but I appreciate anything you can do. Here is a tutorial of the block I would like to use for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeJp-TIAqc. There is a correction to the cutting directions for this video and is as follows;

!!!!!!!!PLEASE SEE CORRECTIONS FOR MUSLIN FABRIC BELOW.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Color Fabric

4--3.5 in blocks
1--2x3.5 in rectangle
1--3.5 in square
2--2 in squares (These were missed in the video)

Muslin Fabric CORRECTIONS: The video directions do not seem to be working out at all for the borders on this one. For all the strip cuts below keep the the width cut but change the length to WOF and just square off when you go to the next strip.

2--2x12 in strips (2x WOF and trim)
2--2x9 in strips ( 2x WOF and trim)
2--2x7.75 in strips (2x WOF and trim)

1--3.5 in square (this cut is ok)
1--2x3.5 in rectangle ( this cut is ok)
8-- 2 in squares (this cut is ok)

It seems people like this better than video so here is the link for this if you want to do it this way instead
http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PinkRibbonBlock.html

2 blocks per person (if able) in same color from awareness colorchart.
muslin (OFF WHITE) background
sign quilt blocks (optional) with archival pens please. Your name, a survivor you know, or someone you want to remember who lost their battle.
Blocks should be to me by the end of June Raffle will begin around the 1st week of August. Hope that is enough time everyone.

Thank you all in advance for your help it is sooooo appreciated.

1. cheriffic - 2 burgundy ribbons DONE!
*********cheriffic - 2 Large Lavender Hands blocks for all cancer awareness ( will be center of quilts)

2. Mary- 2 Yellow Ribbons (cheriffic's Mom) Recv'd!!!!

3 Quilter5bdsr- 2 white ribbons Recv'd!!!!!

4. Quilter5bdsr- 2 black ribbons Recv'd!!!!!

5. siliolegma - 2 pink ribbons...Recv'd

6. shuggins - 2 orchid ribbons...Recv'd!!!!!

7. Catbird423 - 2 orange ribbons...Recv'd

8. Quilter5bdsr -2 gray ribbons... Recv'd!!!!!!!

9. helenethequeen- 2 dark blue ribbons... Recv'd!!!

10. barefootT - 2 emerald ribbons...Recv'd!!!!!

11. kizmo - 2 burgundy /White ribbons Recv'd!!!

12. kizmo - 2 teal/pink/blue ribbons Recv'd!!!

13. siliolegma -2 gold ribbons...Recv'd!!!

14. kizmo- 2 light blue ribbons Recv'd!!!

15. cheriffic--2 lime ribbons DONE!!!!

16. cheriffic-- 2 teal ribbons DONE!!!!

17. cheriffic-- 2 periwinkle ribbons DONE!!!!

18. cheriffic-- 2 peach ribbons DONE!!!!

19. Qwilter--2purple ribbons...Recv'd!!!!!

20. abbisgranma--2 plum ribbons...Recv'd!!!!

21. cheriffic--2 teal/white ribbons...DONE!!!!

Editted for changes to the cutting directions for Muslin Fabric using the video!!!!!!

This message was edited Jun 24, 2012 2:38 PM

This message was edited Jun 28, 2012 10:21 PM

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012 11:46 PM

Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 21, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9132176

When do you need these blocks??? I'm not unpacked yet so it would be a couple weeks at least till I could start sewing.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9132271

Do you want them all the same color or do we use the color for the one WE are remembering. Mom had lung and Norm has had melanoma. Melanoma is a black ribbon - would you prefer a different color???

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 21, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9132369

Jean, that is great I fixed above to show when I need the blocks end of June so I can put together and quilt it by the first week of August. Thank you so much.

Barb, You can pick the color from the chart above I would like each person to send two of the color they pick so I can make the duplicate quilt, I am hoping to get enough donations for blocks to be made that most of the cancers will be shown in the quilt. It does not matter what color a name appears on as the entire quilt is for all cancers. When you write the names on you can put that info on if you like, dates , type of cancer any thing like that, this quilt is for suvivors as well as those who have lost their battle with cancer. I am just trying to get as many of the colors on the chart as I can using 24 blocks each quilt. I hope that was helpful Barb and Thank you too so very much.

Cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 21, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9132388

I will make two white ribbons and two black ones...Thought I would outline the white in the lavender color for all cancers so it would show against the light background.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 21, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9132418

that would be fantastic Barb thank you so much!
Cher

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 21, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9132803

I can make two for you.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 21, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9132806

Oh Karen that is wonderful what color can I put you down for????

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 21, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9132818

I have two cousins who are breast cancer survivors. So if it's ok I will do pink for them. Unless you need some other colors, I can really do any you want.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 21, 2012
8:03 PM

Post #9132822

Pink is yours I will put your name on it now Thank you very much.
Cher
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 22, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9133602

I will do two in orchid.

Not to sound goofy, but do you know if this block has written instructions anywhere? I work better from that. If not, I can watch the video and write down the instructions.

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 22, 2012
11:21 AM

Post #9133627

Cher, I will make 2 orange ones.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9133768

Thank you Sheila and Robin so much this is wonderful.

Sheila no she gives a list of supplies and what you need to cut at the very beginning of the video where you can pause to write it down then she tells you exaclty what to do with it all. Hope that is helpful

Cher
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 22, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9133792

I'd like to do two in gray for Angie, she lost her battle this past winter. She was the coordinator for our Small Christian Community at our church and also our small group hostess.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9133912

Mittsy thank you so much.
Thank you all for honoring your friends and family as well as mine it really means alot to me.
Cher

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 22, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9133973

I too wil contribute, that is if I may, 2 with pink and 2 in dark blue as I had colon/rectal cancer and survived 2x.
I did contact the MO quilt company asking for pattern, but I will slow down the video and try to work from there, don't understand the XO part, but will work through it.
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

May 22, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9134109

No problem, I will figure it out.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9134143

Helene thank you so much. Sorry the pink has been taken but I will absolutely put you in for the dark blue if you would like to pick another color I would be greatful if not the dark blue is gracious enough. Thank you again
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9134157

Just ignore the x's and o's reference it is another block she did that she was trying to show that it was as easy as that one.
If you cut out all your pieces and put the half sqaure triangles together just follow her in laying them out then piece them like we do any other block. Hope that is helpful everyone.
Cher

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9134433

I think quilters cache ribbon block is the same ???

http://quilterscache.com/P/PinkRibbonBlock.html

I will do two, emerald.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9134441

it is not exactly the same but very similar...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 22, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #9134516

Thank you Thunder 2 Emerald it is. I am so happy you all are helping me with this. My friend from the Ladies Auxillary is just over the moon about having this quilt made. They are planning a dinner to begin the raffle on August 3rd now so I will be very busy but Iam so proud to display all of your beautiful work for such a great cause. Thank You all from the bottom of my heart.
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 22, 2012
9:59 PM

Post #9134581

Cher - just found this thread.
I'd like to do 2 yellow ones (bone cancer), but I see that you already have 2 yellow ones coming from your Mom.
Do you want to Only have 2 of each colour? I understand that 2 is because you're making 2 quilts.
Otherwise, I could send 2 white ones, but again - I see you already have white.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #9134703

Hi Susan, there are 27 colors on the chart for awareness so I want to have 24 out of the 27 colors.
You can pick any color and put your persons name on it. The quilts are to represent all cancers so the placing of the name will not matter and you can write the type of cancer on your block. I am looking for it to look like an autograph kinda quilt. So please pick another color your person will be remebered not matter what color you make. Thank you so very much.
Cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 23, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9134826

Hi Cher,
I have cut all my pieces for the blocks. As I look at my muslin, it looks more like a light eggshell than off white. Should I continue or get something closer to white? I'm sure there will be variations in the background colors due to interpretaion of what is off white but I would like your opinion. I am doing white ribbons and they do show against what I have.
Barb

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
7:50 AM

Post #9134958

Cher, I could do 2 of the burgundy/white (neck) and 2 of the teal/pink/blue (thyroid) if you like, are these to be solid colors or like a tone-on-tone colored prints?
And the background of off-white muslin: just normal muslin like quilt backing or an off-white tone-on-tone?

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9135026

the "white" is a good ? Can I just use white moda- don't have any good muslin...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9135113

Barb what you have is great that is what I am looking for the stuff we use for backing is it that way the light blocks will show as well.

Kathy Thank you so much that would be great. I am getting there fast this is wonderful.

Helene if it is the stuff we use for backings that is perfect that is just what I am looking for all muslin is good what you have is fine.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
11:05 AM

Post #9135219

sorry - need to clarify before I start cutting... solids or prints for the colored parts?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9135220

Cher - I'm still not clear - "pick another colour your person will be remembered no matter what colour you pick"?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
11:31 AM

Post #9135244

Oh sorry Kathy prints or solids whatever you want to do is fine.

Susan I thought you wanted yellow for someone special or the white for someone special. What I meant was that yes I only need two of each color so if you pick say yellow for someone special and it is already taken then that cancer is being displayed already in the quilt.
What I meant by remembered is that if you have a name you are putting on the block do not worry that their name is not on the color of their cancer it is a quilt for all cancers if you want the cancer to be mentioned you can write the type with the persons name. Is that any better I hope.
Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #9135296

Oh yes...that's clear to me now!!! (sorry, I can sometimes have a "clear as Mud" brain and previously to your last explanation, that's what I was dealing with LOL) NOW I understand completely LOL I had thought you only wanted one person to be able to have the colour... duh on me lol
Guess today clarily wasn't my 'strong suit' lol

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9135321

ok, did up a test block from the video, even with a scant quarter inch seam, it's a 12" unfinished block, not a 12.5" unfinished like most patterns. Is this what everyone else is getting?

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9135384

well I just rushed here to find out if anyone has made this block yet. I am finding 2 (2" squ) missing in the cutting instructions for the color and also my 2" corner units do not cover the bottom of the ribbon nicely. and yes not a 12-1/2" block as we are told to cut 12" strips from the white for the sides. - Now if everyone is making this according to instructions then all the blocks will be 12" - I am thinking that be ok.but if someone make from the quilters cache ...How do we proceed?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9135395

oh Cher - re-reading, and not clear again.
I have 2 "someone special" - one for Lung (my sister), and one for Bone cancer (my dad), hence the White and Yellow ribbons...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9135417

Susan I am sorry now it's me who is getting mud brain lol.

I do only want 2 blocks per color

ex: If there are 3 colors left to choose say; red, white, and blue. You decided you want to do a blue block then I only have red and white to choose from after you take blue you see what I mean?
So we have 27 colors of ribbons I need 24 colors used so if 24 people all pick a different color then I will get most of the 27 if I do not get 24 people to make 2 blocks then I will then make 2 from each of the remaining colors to make the blocks I need.
I hope that I am wording this ok and not in circles for everyone.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9135420

well - sewing the ribbon part and adding the 7-1/2" strip to the corner units gives us 9-/2" not 9" as we cut the white strip the measurements are a bit off - what to do ? as mine are nearly finished...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9135423

ok Susan so those colors have been chosen would you like to pick a different color? and you can still write you peoples names on what ever color you choose.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9135424

cher - we do have a sizing issue here !

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9135449

Cher - I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to bow out of this one.
I KNOW it's for a good cause, and I have 3 family members that have been touched by this terrible disease (Dad - bone cancer, passed; Sister - lung cancer, survivor; Sister - breast cancer, survivor), but I'm getting all stressed right now, and don't think I can take on another project... Heck, don't know how I'm going to be able to afford sending the mail I need to, in the projects I'm currently in...
Enough of myself... I hope you have all the lovely people you need to make these 2 quilts a reality. It's people like yourself that contribute to the "cancer cause" that get the research done...!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9135457

Yeah it seems we do ,ok can we just put this on old for tonight. I am gonna try a couple when I get home and that is not about 2 more hours.

Unless Barb can tell us what she is getting... If they were all 12 that would be fine but a 9 and a twelve something is off.
Cher

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 23, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9135460

Cher, how about if I add 2 gold ribbons to the 2 pink I am doing?

There are also supposed to be 2- 2x12 strips, shouldn't that make it the right size?

This message was edited May 23, 2012 3:57 PM

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
2:01 PM

Post #9135463

this far it is 10" square. so if we add the 12 " strip...

had to use 9" strip to match up with the corner units and 2nd row 2"x2" squ not mentioned in measuring instructions I watched for it again on the UT.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Click the image for an enlarged view.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 23, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9135466

There are supposed to be 2- 2x12 strips. wouldn't that make the size right?

Also the only difference I can see between the two patterns is on the quilters cache pattern, the very top of the ribbon is narrower. If we use the quilters cache pattern and cut that piece 2 x 3 1/2 instead of 1 1/4 x 3 1/2 I think they would be the same and maybe easier to understand a pattern we can print out instead of trying to remember the video.

If I'm not seeing this correctly, let me know and I will just hush. LOL

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
2:16 PM

Post #9135476

Ok Susan I am sorry too. I didn't want anyone stressed about this at all. It is totally voluntary and not meant to cost anyone a lot of money. I will try to get enough people if not I have committed to it so I will get it done.
Thanks for tryin.

Helene,
I will try this when I get home too. I am sorry I have followed her tutes before and they have always worked well I just assumed this one would also. Give me a bit to get home and look closer at this I am sorry again.

Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9135484

You know they are so close just make the one you want I don't think in the grand scheme of things it is going to matter much. If you rather use quilters cache and not the video I will post link above

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9135499

I tried printing the quilters cache one but it won't print for me. She does say go ahead and use it. I do like her patterns very much also.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9135564

i cant print that on either wonder if it is just that one

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 23, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9135592

I had to go to the quilters cache site from my bookmarks and then it printed just fine. Use the alphabet listing, go to pink ribbon.

This message was edited May 23, 2012 5:40 PM

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 23, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9135597

Cher, I can add two gold ribbon squares to the two pink ones if you like.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9135614

That would be great Karen Thank you will add it now.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9135624

I went to the tools on the toolbar above and there is an option to print that worked ok does that help???

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9135640

As long as I know what size block (unfinished)you want, I can make more so you have all the colors you need. Jenny's video is missing 2 of the 2" colored (pink) squares but if you lay out all the pieces before sewing them together, its evident as you watch the video that she missed them on her list.
I have some light blue if you would like me to add a couple to my list as I sew.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9135669

ok I just looked over the video and your right it ends up at an unfinished 12 in block. That is fine if they come out that way I can just adjust my sashing if some would rather do the quilters cache that is fine too. Either one is fine as long as they are almost the same I am so greatful to have them so please enjoy it.

I really feel bad Susan I did not want to confuse you I am new to the hosting thing and I guess I need practice on clear directions. I hope your not upset and I totally understand if this is just one too many. It was kind of a last minute surprise to me as well and I just want to do a great job, and I am really so appreciative for everyones help with this. XOXOXO
Cher

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9135681

so here is the solution to my problem. In the analysis: the core of the block is the X-factor each one half of the X has to be exactly 3-1/2" block and the corner units have to be exactly 2' squ. then it comes together in 12" block. I think.

Anyhow the muslin does streatch a bit more than the color...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9135704

Yup you ladies are right on the ball I will post the cutting directions above to include the 2 in squares she forgot Thank you so much
Sorry for the mixup

Cher

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

May 23, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9135723

(((((((((((Cher)))))))))))) my goodness lady - please Don't feel bad. This has Nothing to do with you - I've just take on a bit much, and I'm feeling overwhelmed right now. Between my DH & I being both out of work (I'm trying to find my own job, but he needs my help too, so basically I'm "looking for two"), and I have 2 lap quilts, 2 RR quilts, a baby quilt, and soooooooo much Church work I'm almost "spinning out of control" right now. I just spoke to our TV/Internet/phone provider and had them cut some services to give us a break on our bill... they cut about 2/3 off it, so I'm happy, but still have bills on the "brain" (yes, I still Have One lol but just barely!!!)
Trying to "support" two unemployed people is "telling" on a person... blech!!! LOL
So, that's why I'm bowing out of this one - as wonderful as it is, I need to know when to say "no, thank you" and I'm afraid this is the time.
Bless you, Cher, for all you do - you're a terrific "first time host" m'lady!! I'd just like to help Everyone, and I can't (right now).

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9135787

Cher, add the light blue ribbons to my donations above, I found a pretty calico in my stash. I think I'll stick with Jenny's video, and just cut the outer strips wider by a bit to make it finish out to 12.5"

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9135871

will do Kathy Thank you so much

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9135880

keeping it 12 is fine Kathy not a big deal this is going to be a big quilt so fudging sashing will be ok no worries
I just washed my dark fabric getting ready to cut it now and see how mine looks and I used her measurements.
Cher

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9135909

it is listed in the comments, under the video on u tube that two 2'' squares are missing from the cutting list for the colored part of the block.

the video block is 12'' , quilters cache is 12.5

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9135971

Cher, is your addy in the Exchange current?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9136002

Yes that is my correct addy

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9136008

Cool, thanks!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 23, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #9136085

This is my first one and I don't think I did anything different but it came out exactly 12.5. go figure ????? I am perplexed because it should have only been 12 based on the measurements hmmmmm oh well we take em as they come :-)
Cher

edit to say little oopsie in the right corner but will remake was the trial and have to hit the hay but pretty please it was not too bad to put together
Night All

This message was edited May 23, 2012 11:01 PM

Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 24, 2012
4:56 AM

Post #9136258

Must have been those "scant" 1/4" seams. LOL

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 24, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9136336

strange how everyone gets something different, oh well blocks are blocks and we finagle when needed LOL

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 24, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9136678

Sending mine today - 12-1/2" b;ocks they are, god did have his hands in it but I think it'll all work.

Notice in the tute, after she is finished sewing on the 12" strip there is a bit missing on top . I ? this yesterday in my head, but then she shows a completed perfect block.

Again, if you square of that X nicely and the two/tone 2" blocks nicely. it all works beautifully.it's like building with Lego.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 24, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9136784

Helene, she just lays the pieces in place where they would go. So the first one you see"completed" hasn't been sewn. Only the square on the right has been sewn. Threw me off the first time i watched it too...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 24, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9136846

Oh Great thank you Helene I am sure they are beautiful

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 24, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9137019

I'll most likely get mine done next week. I have 22 people about to come in for the holiday week-end.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 24, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9137203

Oh enjoy hope the weather is good where you are gonna be very warm and beautiful here. The best part is DH comes home Sat afternoon.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9137206

Mine will be sewn Mon or Tues, My sailor is coming home for Sat, Sunday :-)
He will spend Sun night at a friends house and leave from there Mon morn...and of course I am working the weekend and have Mon, Tues off...oh well *sigh* I will get some time with him, and he will also be able to see friends, with out feeling guilty that he is not spending more time home :) so it works out well...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 24, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9137478

Oh enjoy Thunder. Too bad you have to work though. Just wish we could make a career in quilting wouldn't that be great !!! I can dream.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday weekend. I hope to ride my motorcycle this weekend I just haven't had the time yet but gotta do it when the sun is shinin.
Cher

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9138896

ride safe Cher :-)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9139084

ride North Cher!!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 26, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9139184

Wish I could join you but I'll have to just follow along. I'm still trying to finish up projects and now I need to alter some clothes so that I have something to wear when I go back to work in a week!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9139482

I must confess I did not like the instructions that were given on You-Tube this time. I got two of my ribbons all put together and the final pieces that go around the outside were cut too short and I didn't have any more of that particular muslin left. I was a tad upset with myself. A final piece cut at 12 inches makes a 12 inch block!!!! A final piece cut at 12.5 inches makes a 12, 5 inch block. I don't know where my head was!!!! So now my fabrics are changed - the pieces are cut again and this time I'm doing instructions from part of one and part of the other. This will be interesting!!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 26, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9139498

I'm trying to cut just a tiny bit bigger in hopes that it will turn out just the right size. I really hate do overs! My gray is not particularly pretty so we will see.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9139544

I will find a use for the ones I did - maybe put a colored border on them instead of the off white background. They are black so I am sure I can use them somewhere else...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

May 26, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9139605

Yep, no such thing as a wasted block!!! LOL, there is always Mittsy's placement project!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 27, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9140157

Yeppers!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 27, 2012

Post #9140181

It does come out 12-1/2" - i left the white 2" strips wof and then just used whatever each step required. Strangely it worked.

the seam allowance, somewhere is not figured correctly - i think.-

here you have it : 3-1/2"white strip, 2" color sq.2" strip + 2" strip on either side of of the 3-1/2 white strip. Taking away seam allow. you now have 3" + 1-1/2"+1-1/2 +1- 3/4" (this is where it's figured wrong, one side is not sew together as yet) on either side of the strip.
3" + 9-1/2 = 12-1/2" ! so either cut your strips 12-1/2,9-1/2", 8" or just sew from the long strip as needed. I think!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 27, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9140250

Yes, I am sorry about this that video has some pretty good errors in it. I too just kept my strips WOF and trimmed to fit and as you say strangely it worked for me also.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 27, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9140281

I put corrections up top I hope this is helpful. This is how I am doing it and they are coming out 12.5 each time.
Sorry everyone her videos are usually right on the money i have done others not sure what happend with this one.
Cher

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 27, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9140292

No need to appoloize - we are in this together - so we have something to talk about...Are my blocks OK?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 27, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9140311

Thank you Helene I just want it to be easy for eveyone thats all. I feel bad when everyone makes something and has to start over that makes it frustrating not fun. They haven't arrived yet Helene but I am checking everyday usually takes 4 to five days for me to get from FL. I am sure they are perfect and I will post as soon as I get them Thanks so much.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 28, 2012

Post #9141463

Mine have been recut and will be sewn today. In the mail tomorrow I hope ...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 28, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9141613

Thank You Barb
I am heading to the LQS in Pelham today to get some teal fabric for two more, my DM had some lime colored fabric so those are ready to go This is really coming together I think it will be beautiful.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 29, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9144155

Helene I got your blocks today they are perfect thank you so much.
Cher

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 29, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9144214

oh good good good - few flaws but that''s me - they'll work,

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 30, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9145085

No flaws they are just right thank you

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9145125

Whites and blacks are in the package. I will mail tomorrow!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 30, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9145513

Yay!!!! Thanks Barb

Burgundy, dark blue, and yellows are done!!!!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

May 30, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9145538

peach,teal, lime, and periwinkle all cut and ready to sew YAY!!! This is gonna be beautiful I am so pleased already.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 30, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9145607

I have one more burgundy/ivory to do, then all mine will go in the mail ASAP!
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

May 31, 2012
2:14 AM

Post #9145706

i am unhappy with mine and will be going out to look for a nicer muslin today. Sorry for the delay.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

May 31, 2012
4:47 AM

Post #9145788

Hope to start all mine today, Getting back to normal after all my holiday company.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9146266

Mailed mine today Cher and completely forgot to sign them. May I dmail what I'd like on them to you?

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 31, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9146530

Mine went out today, too, Cher!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2012
1:27 PM

Post #9147931

Do you have all the colors accounted for? Now that I have a machine I can assist.
let me know.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

June 1, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9148174

I've had a list going, I believe purple for pancreatic cancer and plum which honors caregivers are still unclaimed.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 2, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9148643

I am going to have to withdraw. I hate the colors together and have no other options for gray in this area. Been to all the local stores and with only the one car and so many doctor appointments for DH, i just don't want to hold you up any longer. I am so sorry I am unable to complete them.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 2, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9148675

I have some gray Cher. Let me know if you want me to take care of it... I'd be happy to and maybe we could meet for coffee and I'll give them to you instead of mailing!!!!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 2, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9148902

greys are very hard to find around here, too! Unless you're looking for just solids, then dark and light. Did notice that our new fabric dept at WM (which has more than tripled... with nicer fabrics, no less!) did have a few bolts of greys. I better go back and look again today, for stash. Yesterday, there were 4 Amish/Mennonite/whatever young girls in there buying 5-6 yds of blues, browns, tans, pinks, and lavendars and were talking about making dresses. I was surprised, but I know that some of the newer Orders are allowing some color now.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

June 2, 2012
9:02 AM

Post #9148930

When our WM up here had a fabric dept, it was managed by an Amish lady. We have quite a few Amish families in the area.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 2, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9149140

I have grey fabric & purple.
Let mw know if you need me to make some.

Jean

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 2, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9149159

The funniest thing was, everyone of those girls had cell phones. When one of them would wander off to look at something, the others would ask "is your phone on?". They were all around mid-teens, and there were no adults with them at the time. Usually the only ones I see with cell phones are the men and boys. But they sure were having a good time!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9149321

The quilters I see ( 2 sisters that are there now - in winter up to ten, one sis is 91 the other 86) use pins instead of buttons,sport those white caps, have cell phones and drive Chryslers. Amazing.

I see young ones in that area of sarasota in winter and they all have the same pattern dresses but do use collor and small prints.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 2, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9149338

LOL drive Chryslers... Well, the Orders have come a long way, and the newer ones are becoming more modernized. However, the Old Ones can sure cause a ruckus within the Groups due to the younger ones wanting to change. The family that lives next to my Mom in IN still has their phone in the dairy barn, and a freezer on Mom's back porch that they 'rent' from her, bartering produce and fresh milk for the electricity. They are still black, grey, navy colors in their clothes, but they are the sweetest people. The kids are just adorable.
A friend sent me a sunset pic of his vacation in the Keys yesterday... just too beautiful for description!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9149430

I have a picture which was published in the sarasota mag of a family of menonites hats, caps and all, long dresses etc. but taken from their backs against a sunset. in other words, they are watching the sunset. Priceless.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 2, 2012
9:44 PM

Post #9149841

LOL I tried to log on the other night and the server was down Wow I missed a lot. Mittsy no problem I understand.

Barb I got your four blocks they are beautiful thank you so much. Yes, I would love it if you did the gray and the meeting you for coffee would be fabulous!!!

Jean I would love for you to do the Purple Thank you so much.

Cher
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2012
4:40 AM

Post #9149956

OK...I have plenty of purple fabrics. Now to go back up & look at all the directions.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 3, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #9149977

Jean, when I made mine I cut the muslin border strips marked at WOF above as follows: two at 8", two at 9.5" and two at 12.5" . These measurements worked out perfectly with the other measurements given above. Now I'm off to get out the grey fabric...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 3, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9150963

Thank you ladies
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 3, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9151005

If you forgot to put names on your blocks and would like me to do it please dmail with info you want written on them.
Thanks Barb was re reading and noticed you mentioned that.
Cher
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9151021

I was out of town when this was posted so I am late seeing. I would love to have done a block for prostate cancer (light blue) but I see Kathy is doing 2. As long as prostate is there, it is okay. That one is close and dear to me!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 3, 2012
8:45 PM

Post #9151040

It was just brought to my attention and I just want to clarify this quilt is for all cancers, survivors and those who have lost their battles from any type of this terrible disease. Please feel free to dmail me names for this quilt it does not matter if you have sent me a block or not. If you have someone you would like me to honor on these quilts I would absolutely do that. Please don't feel like you can't be part of it this is a donation quilt for Everyone your loved ones names are part of the donations and exactly why I am doing this.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 4, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9151272

Yay!!!! We have all the colors being sewn there was just one left teal and white and I will do that one. Thank you so much everyone this really is wonderful of all of you.
Cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 4, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9151394

Cher - the grey ones are done and ready to go to you. I have Pulmonary rehab on Tues and Thurs until 1 pm. I'm free any other time to meet with you wherever is good. Just let me know.

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9151423

I will be making my two blocks tonite and will put them in the mail tomorrow.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 4, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9152590

Kathy I got all your lovely blocks today thank you so very much they are beautiful too.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 4, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9152607

Thank you Robin I will be watching the mailbox...

OOOOOhhhhhh!!!!!! Ladies please regular mail is fine you really don't need to use priority mail it is costing you tooooo much. I will re-iron if needed but please don't make it so expensive for yourselves. Thank You
Cher

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 5, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9152930

glad you got them Cher! Looking forward to see the finished quilt!
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 5, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9153041

I am working on mine this weekend.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
8:33 AM

Post #9153123

I'm heading out to the studio now.
Is any off-white OK for the background? I don't have any muslin on-hand.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 5, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9153393

I am really looking to keep the top as close to the same as possible Jean if you don't have any Muslin you can just send the color you chose and I will finish it if you want.
Cher

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

June 5, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9153553

Off to the Post Office tomorrow. Thank you Cheryl for giving us the opportunity to share in this project.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9153770

I did not get any sewing done today, as I slept in, then had doctors appointment which ended up being longer than usual, and then darling son took us out to eat, then he bought a movie...which we just finished watching, and I have to get up early for work so will soon try to go to bed...

blocks are the first thing on my list to do, next time I get to sew. maybe tomorrow after work?? if work is not to crazy?!?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 5, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9153954

Oh Karen Thank you I am so happy to have this help from everyone and this quilt is for you too. I am sorry about your CML and am so glad that you are healthy enough to participate in this project today. I know it is small drop in the bucket but I hope it gets us that much closer to cures for this aweful disease.

No worries Thunder enjoy your DS company while you can I still have a couple of weeks to have all the blocks ready for assembly.
Cher
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
4:15 AM

Post #9154219

I need to go to JoAnn's tomorrow anyway, and do have a 50% off coupon. I think what I have is the "color" of muslin. So will wait till tomorrow to do these. Still will be in the mail by next Mon.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 6, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9155202

Thank you Jean
Cher
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 7, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9155488

I found muslin while organizing yesterday!!!! Good thing fabric doesn't spoil!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 7, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9155832

Ain't that the truth!! I hate that word "ain't" but sometimes you just have to use it.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 7, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9155851

I do the same. sometimes you just have to use bad english to achieve results.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 7, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9155903

I like when Helene throws in some of those German phrases... it always add a little punch to the postings.. LOL
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 9, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9158075

Just finished a charity quilt top & these blocks are now being cut. Hope to get them in the mail Monday.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 9, 2012
10:07 PM

Post #9158773

Thank you Jean
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 10, 2012
4:08 AM

Post #9158882

My "funny" story...
I rarely follow a pattern. Just make things. So I'm putting these blocks together yesterday just by looking at the picture. I had the ribbon part done & had 8 pieces left over. Just thought I'd miscounted when cutting & making the 1/2 sqs.\.
And I'm ironing the block before putting the final border strips on & think "this is the ugliest ribbon I've ever seen". Then I realize why I have 8 pieces left...there was a row missing.

Anyway, they are now "correct" and will be mailed off tomorrow.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 10, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9158888

I have a friend, Judy, who finds the most wonderful table runner patterns, and buys her coordinated fabrics from Keepsake, however she is directionally challenged, when laying out her blocks before sewing. On several occasions I have been invited "to take a look", my usual answer is, wow, that's pretty but I think I'd like it better if we switched these blocks around. So we complement each other's abilities, and I'm constantly introduced to new patterns.
"Spatial Reasoning" who'd have ever thought it would be so useful in sewing, and quilting?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 10, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9158956

Is this our mutual friend Judy???? Is she up here yet?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 10, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9159086

Some us are VERY challenged... Mittsy I remember what I difficult time I had doing your Card trick block because it used 4 fabrics instead of the two the pattern was written for. I had to make myself a color "exploded" view in order to get it right!! But I did it!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
8:33 AM

Post #9159133

I have to make myself a blank pattern, which I color in, every time I do Snail's Trail. I can not get that one clear in my mind. Truthfully, I am still using the pattern color sheet my hubby made for me...I was/am that bad with that pattern. In the weird sense of humor he had, he decided to print me off a stack of coloring blocks for a birthday present one year. I was somewhat taken aback by this gift but I now have to admit it was one of the nicest things I have received. Almost 8 years later and I am still using the coloring blocks...did I fail to mention it was a full 500 sheet pack of paper he printed!!!! He was original if nothing else.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 10, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9159212

I have mild dislexia and trouble following a pattern - I inevidebly wander of on my own tangent. And it does come out ok most of the time
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 10, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9159328

Yes, it is our most wonderful mutual friends and she is in NH. Wanted to go to a knitting show somewhere in the area. She left FL Tuesday. Going to stay two months so do call her.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 10, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9159450

Will do!!!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 10, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9159782

Keepsake - has a huge yarn and knitting outfit somewhere in NH. "Don't remember what it's called - they used to be near me Patterson Ny and then moved to NH.

I hear Keepsake quilting was sold to Fons and Porter???

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 10, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9159821

Lol I know what you Jean I think I put those 1/2 square triangles on the bottom of the ribbon wrong everytime up until the last one I am still croaking from all the "rippit".

Will be watching for your blocks the assembly should (if all works out) be started next weekend.
Cher

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 11, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9160585

THAT is really cool, I can't wait to see the pics of assembly.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9160735

Helene - the knitting store is right next to Keepsake Quilting.in Center Harbor, NH. It is a specfialty store with wonderful yarns and more notions than you can shake a stick at.
I haven't heard that Keepsake was sold but then I haven't been over there in a while. Maybe some day I'll just go for a road trip to find out!!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9160928

Ella, the quiltshop owner mentioned it. Well they also have an on line store and a spin off from their catalog.
Very efficient peeps. I'd love to see the place. My Lisa mentioned something about a quilt show in Sept. In Pa. on the NJ border, that would be nice to see.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 11, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9161367

Oh I got blocks from Karen and Robin today so beautiful ladies thank you so very much.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 11, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9161374

Yay!!!!! Just waiting for 5 more people and the assembly begins!!!!!! Yay we are on schedule Thank You so much!!!!!!!!
Cher
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9161968

Mine should be finished today Cher and in the mail tomorrow..that is my plan right now.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2012 10:03 AM

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 13, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9163796

Well, I recreated this block in EQ7 and put it toghether in what I think will make a great wall hanging as well. I am not done coloring it but it gives the idea anyway.
Cher

Thumbnail by cheriffic

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 13, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9164123

That looks really good, Cher! Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. Did you get enough blocks for both quilts?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 13, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9164311

Thanks Kathy yes I am just waiting on 5 more colors to arrive and I will begin the construction I am looking forward to it .
Cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9164550

Cher - would you ike me to mail these grey down to you? We can still meet for coffee on the 23rd!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 14, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9165556

No Barb save the postage I will still have plenty of time. Can't wait to spend some time together it will be really nice.
Cher
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 16, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9167331

I am doing my blocks tomorrow. I bought a solid colored fabric and a small print. Whichvwould you prefer. Also, just to be sure, for the muslin, there was white and then beige/not white. Is that the off white?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9167549

Cheryl - my blocks were sent Tues. Have they made it north yet????

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 16, 2012
9:56 PM

Post #9168269

Sheila yes it is off white that is what I meant thank you, and print or solid you choose.
Jean Yes, I got your blocks late last night Thank you so much they are beautiful.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 18, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9170785

Yay! only four to go. The Chairperson for the Cancer aide and research wants to begin the raffle on the 27th. Wow it is in motion now huh? Anyone else who would like names put on this quilt please dmail me I need to have all names written on before I quilt the quilt. I don't want anyone to miss out on honoring their loved ones or close friends.
Thanks Ladies
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 18, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9170791

Karen I love the placement of the names you put on the blocks and I am going to continue the rest in the same way so that they go around the blocks it is perfect thank you.
Cher

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

June 18, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9170796

Whew, Thanks. There were no instruction so I just took my best shot.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9170948

Mine blocks are finished and will go into tomorrows mail for sure this time Cher. Had some unexpected changes in my week last week so never managed to get them to the post office.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 19, 2012

Post #9172250

Ok I have given the quilt a name...
I am calling it "A Rainbow of Hope"

Thank you Marion I will be watching

Cher
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2012
4:37 AM

Post #9172465

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

June 20, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9172470

Ooooooo I really like the name.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 20, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9172504

Love the name Cher and can't wait to see it... See you Saturday!!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9172608

great name Cher, my blocks will go to the po today or tomorrow.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9172617

The name is just perfect. Well, my blocks are indeed "winging" or "crawling" their way to Cher. Just depends on the mail service. I, too, can't wait to see a picture of the finished quilts. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful project.
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

June 24, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9178125

My blocks are done and I will mail them on Monday. Sorry it took so long.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 24, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9178728

I have Barb's gray blocks hand delivered yesterday Beautiful Thank you

Marion I got your beautiful Plum blocks yesterday in the mail Thank you, and yes that is perfectly ok putting the caregivers just perfect.
Thank you so much.

Just 2 more YAY!!!!!!!!!

Thunder and Linda thank you for your updates and I will be watching for them. I am so excited this is gonna be beautiful.
Cher
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9178881

Thanks Cher. Those 2 go beyond what their job calls for and they are very special people. I have seen them come in on weekends on their own time to visit with someone who doesn't have any family in the area.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9178914

Marion, THAT is a wonderful act of love!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9178931

I so agree Pat, that is why I added their names to my block as people (caregivers) I wanted to honor. It is so sad to see the number of elderly people in the facility where my Mom is that has no one left. Most, if not all, aren't aware of where they are but the smiles that you can see on their faces where they recognize a familiar voice is so heartwarming.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9178952

I'm here asking for your prayers for my son and his family. I just got word that they have had to evacuate their home in Colorado Springs because of the wildfires there. The fire is only one ridgeline away from their home. My DIL said "Tell Grammy not to worry - we grabbed the quilts on the way out the door!" Can you imagine that? With all the precious things we acquire over the years, and they grab the quilts!!!!! They are now at Peterson AFB until they find out if they can go home or have a home to go home to...Thanks my friends.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 24, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9179061

Oh Barb! They will certainly be in my prayers.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9179273

mine too

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 24, 2012
8:31 PM

Post #9179313

Oh me too Barb that is aweful. The woman I work with has a son who is a pilot and he has been called to fly for them and put those fires out. I hope everyone is ok and the house too.
((((((hugs)))))) and prayers Barb and Family
Cher
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 25, 2012
12:59 AM

Post #9179424

mine, too.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9179564

Thank you so much my friends for your prayers. I can't wait to call them and check. This time difference is killing me!!!! They are in a shelter on the air base and I hesitate to call too early. At least I know they are safe for now...

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2012
1:31 PM

Post #9180497

Elements are just so dangerous, wether water or fire. Just cannot be controlled.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 25, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9180502

Any news from Colorado?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9180684

They are still in mandatory evacuation. The fire is heading toward their home and the Air Force Academy. All the local fire companies are stationed throughout the neighborhoods to try to control and protect what they can. I'm so grateful for all your prayers. My son Bob (here in NH) talked with them this afternoon and they are pretty stoic about it all. They said if they lose the house, it is just a thing and that what matters is that they are all safe and together. This is my oldest son Tony and his wife and two girls who live in CO.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

June 25, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9180834

They are so right Barb, What matters most is that they are safe, all else can be replaced.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9180850

Oh Barb, that is not what I was wanting to hear but again as long as they are all together and safe then it is okay. Let's hope and pray something stops the oncoming disaster.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9181166

gorgeous Family - they are together - they are young and strong and come from good stock.. Surely delt a bad hand.
All will be well though.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9181442

Thank you so much my friends. From what I can tell from the online reports, they are still in evacuation this morning. I'm so grateful to you all for your prayers...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 28, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9185612

Thunder got your blocks Thankyou sooo much they are perfect and beautiful.
I have begun assembly YAY! just one more and my center is almost done. I have tomorrow off and I will be sewing all day!!!
Cher
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 29, 2012
4:13 AM

Post #9185782

Wind, fire, and water - we can't out run any of those. Wish I could package the 40" of rain and send it out west where it is really needed.
I was so worried about some water getting into my Studio then thought how petty I was being. Folks just 5 mi away had their houses under 5' of water and I was going to worry about some on the floor. Told DH I was just going to bed & what would be would be.

For everything there is a reason...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9185810

As far as I know this morning, my son and his family are still in mandatory evacuation mode. I think I would have heard by now if their house was destroyed. According to the fire map picutres I find online, it looks like their house has been spared but those pictures were from two days ago. I do know that they said the fire was across the street from their house. So, like most things, it is a waiting game. The police and fire people still have to go through every house in case there are bodies. One has been discovered that I know about. They won't let them back in until the city says so. But, I know they themselves are safe and that is what is most important right now.
Thank you all so much for your concern.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2012
9:26 AM

Post #9186128

I lost connections to the internet yesterday and have just managed to get back online. Barb, what a relief to see your post...I pray all is well and their home is/was spared.

Cher, can't wait to see the progress with the quilts.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9186132

Jean, I'm glad to hear no water in studio.

Barb, like you said THEY are safe and that's what matters.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 29, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9186931

Oh Barb I keep praying that everything is ok. I hope you hear something soon are you able to speak with them or just wait?

Jean I hope you make out ok with th water Gosh what aweful season for so many.

One quilt is partially together still working on my centers too but I think you will all be pleased at how your beautiful blocks are gonna look so far I am very happy with the results. I won't show until it is done though.

Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

June 30, 2012
9:52 PM

Post #9188330

Linda yours came in this mornings mail Thank you they are wonderful.

Thank you so much everyone I am just so happy you could all help me with this project. You won't be disappointed they are coming out beautiful so far.
i'll share pics when complete and before I lose custody.

Cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2012
4:30 AM

Post #9188439

Just to bring you up to date---my son's home is still in one piece!!!! The house across from them is gone. They are still in evacuation mode as all the utilities are shut off and most need to be repaired before they can be used. No idea of when they can even enter the house. They were taken on a bus ride by the city to view the outsides of their homes but nobody is allowed off the bus or inside a home. There have been reports of looting and trashing of homes that were evacuated so I don't think the city will be able to keep people out of their homes for long. People will camp out there if necessary.
I thank you all for your prayers and concern for my family. It is so appreciated...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 1, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9188505

WHAT a relief!!! Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure your son & daughter are eager to get back into their home.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 1, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9188520

I was just talking to my ex-neighbor in MD. They have been w/out power since that bad storm went thru Fri nite. Say there are trees & power lines down all around them. 2 mi up the road, looks like nothing happened.
Yes, this is a very odd storm/disaster year.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2012
1:10 PM

Post #9188873

It sure is Jean. And so many different kinds of problems as well. Between the wind, the rain, and the fire and the heat causing droughts we are in rough shape. I'm still waiting to see how many countries that we have helped over the past are willing to help us... What's that you say? Of course they won't help...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

July 1, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9189064

Oh I am so glad to hear that Barb. Still a long road ahead but the house is there and your family is safe Thank God!
Cher
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9189738

Wonderful news.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 2, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9190278

arrived in NJ safely 24 hours in 3 days, did a round about as we stayed at the Biltmore NC
for one day and one night.

To that point had resevations in Lexington Va and that was touch and go because of Power Outages. Roads were busy. Very Hot, but after the storms it is nice and comfortable here now.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9190386

Glad you arrived safely Helene. Keep us updated on your moving progress.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9190533

It was cooler in Cocoa Beach the last few days than it has been here in Cicero. Too hot to be outside for very long. So dry, I've been watering in the early morning. Helen, glad you have safely arrived. To all the quilt block senders, I thank you. Got the camera charging and will post the goodies tomorrow. Thank you, Helene, Kizmo and Pat. I'm exhausted so going to bed early tonight.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 2, 2012
6:27 PM

Post #9190597

Happy to hear you had a safe trip, no doubt a fun time with your daughters. Biltmore has been on my list of go-to's for years, friends brought back pictures and brochures for me when I was in the factory. Girlfriend and I just couldn't manage to get the same amount of time off, but we still talk about going.
You're very welcome Mittsy! Still very warm and muggy here, 83 at 9:30pm, and will be the rest of the week.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 6, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9195502

We loved our road trip. Touched or drove through 10 states because we went west to the Biltmore. (Talk aboutWOW) $$$WOW but the girls treated. Darling DD's I have. mittsy I am glad you are loving you blocks.

I do love having peeps around me.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9195646

Hello Helene! Glad you had a nice trip! Your daughters are sweet to have treated you to the Biltmore, lovely place! Hope you are getting situated in NJ, I'm sure the family will love your cooking!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 7, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9196614

we have such an awesome fish moger herre fish goulash tonite and spaetzle. Fresh peach kuchen sehr fein.it is soo nice to wake up and see dog and peeps. SI very nice. as he works from home (his office given to me for craft room annd he works fromvp for the barn) so I see him at lunch and we cook together. Love it DD and I butt heads but pleasantly so - we always did - she is soo like me. She is VP with ATT
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9196618

Helene - so happy to hear you are adjusting to the new diggs. I'd sure love having someone around to cook for me!!!!! And nice you have people to talk to living right there.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 7, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9196767

Joann is making out like a bandit with my purchases (should buy stocks) did have good sales on the 4th. We live in the mountains so I shop on line. its very Quaint like one lane bridges and rather bumpy driving, there I do miss Sarasota.

It's all bitter-sweet. Where is the old man when you need him.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9197780

Oh Helene, he is there, believe me. Sounds like a lovely place to live from my point of view.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 14, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #9205060

How's the quilt coming Cher?

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

July 14, 2012
10:10 PM

Post #9205544

The tops are all together I am still collecting names to put on and should have a complete list by the end of the weekend and then I fire up the longarm and geter done.

Will post once I complete.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

July 15, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9205696

Oooooh can't wait to see it all.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 16, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9277203

Ok here is the one set for raffle OMG I think it is beautiful. I have raised 45.00 so far on my own haven't gotten a count from the VFW yet but I am sooooo proud of all the blocks you all did such a gorgeous job. This raffle is going until Nov so I am hoping we do really well. Will keep you posted. My sister inlaw who I made the sister quilt for is just over the moon for her quilt . Thank you all soooooooo very much from the bottom of my heart this meant the world to me. I am the one on the right and Leslie is on the left she is the one coordinating the raffle and as you can see by the brace on her arm a cancer survivor. So again Thankyou all sooooooooooo much for your help with this project and I love and appreciate you all.
Cher

Thumbnail by cheriffic

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 16, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9277216

I have better pics of the stiching but I cant get at them yet but I will post asap .Cher

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

September 16, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9277217

Oh this is sooooo exciting to finally see it all done. Hoping you raise many hundreds of dollars.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2012
4:02 AM

Post #9277451

Wonderful. Really really nice. Im so so sorry I missed this. Everyone did a great job.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 17, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9277466

Oh Cheryl, I'm so very proud of the job you did on that quilt. Now that Norm's melanoma has reared it's ugly head again, I'm doubly proud of you. Hope we can get together in Nov. in Manchester...

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9277485

awesome, Cher!! Did you have enough blocks for a second quilt also?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9278393

Looks fantastic Cheryl, Thanks for letting us be a part of such great quilts...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 17, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #9278411

Thank you all sooooo much!!! Oh Barb (((((hugs))))) to you and Norm. I am guessing that this time they got right on top of it. I just hate this disease! And most definately I will be in Manchester in a couple of months This time we will make a meeting point so we can spend the entire day together I can't wait!!!!
Yes, Kathy I did make two exactly alike and my DSL has hers and loves it like crazy I have more pics but had to getmy phone fixed today so will try to show some more detail the back has the info block and the caregiver block it really is pretty that picture didn't do it justice. Again thank you all for helping me with this very moving and emotional (for all) project. It was the most important thing I have ever embarked on and I couldn't have done it with out all of you.
Bless you all. I know Itook photos of the back but they are not here will have to check the camera. Hereare some close ups of the stitching I did though and the quilt label .
Cher

Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic   

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 17, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9278419

this label looks better I think

Thumbnail by cheriffic

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 17, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9278422

very Impressive !!!!!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 17, 2012
9:19 PM

Post #9278427

Thanks was a little touchy with metalic thread but I thought it was pretty

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2012
4:25 AM

Post #9278556

I think you are amazing Cher. What a great thing to have done for your SIL and your Dad. I'm so proud to call you friend!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

September 18, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9278642

It was amazing to be a part of this special project. Love the label, tried to read the first one before I saw the second. LOL I'm so very proud to be a part of this forum.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9278841

We did real good this time ladies.!!!!! And you are right Karen - it is a priviledge to be in such great company.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 18, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9279344

Yup we really did I am soooooo very proud!!!!!!
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 19, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9280057

It looks great! So happy to have been part of this project.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9289461

Just got back home to find this in my unread threads. Love the finished quilt and words can't describe how honored I feel to have been a small part of this. Thanks to you Cher.

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

September 29, 2012
11:14 PM

Post #9290576

Thanks Marion I am honored to have had all of you help me with this. Glad to see you home safe and back with us here. I do intend to get this quilt back for a bit to sell some raffles and take some more pics.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2012
10:06 AM

Post #9290961

Cheryl, I would like to buy a ticket, is that possible???

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

October 1, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9293079

Sure Thunder they are 1 dollar each or 6 for 5 dollars I am in the exchange DM me with how many and I will send them to you.
Cher

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 9, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9329369

The Raffle is this weekend YaY!!!!!!! will have a winner by 5 pm on Sunday will keep you posted
Cher

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012

Post #9329371

did you send me tickets?? cause at the moment I can not remember ?? :(

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 17, 2012
11:14 PM

Post #9335968

omg I have no idea what is going on with the typing on this but I just wrote a huge thing here and it is like a word processor if you try to fix a miss spell it deletes. I will try again tomorrow just have no energy to start over
cher

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9336054

Cher - do it in word and then copy and paste it!!!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 18, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9336167

great idea Barb thanks

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 18, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9336180

Well, Everyone the quilt was won by a woman named Rita (not my friend in the pic below) from Pelham N.H. I drew the name out of a bag. She was thrilled and I am hoping they will get some pics of her with her quilt as she was not there when the ticket was drawn. The quilt raised almost 800 dollars for cancer research. I had hoped for a higher number but we done good for a great cause.
I just wanted to thank you all again for your help with this and the beautiful work you all do. I am so proud of these quilts and with all my wonderful friends here at DG.
This is the finished raffle quilt and the two people are Rita and Mark McCabe they run the VFW and Ladies Auxiliary in Pelham New Hampshire.
The purple block on the back is the caregivers block and under that I put the label

Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic   Thumbnail by cheriffic

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 18, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9336183

WOW !
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9336190

Cher, that is beautiful and thanks for giving us the chance to participate in such a wonderful project.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI

November 18, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9336258

Yes indeed, it was an honor. Be sure to call on us if you do a repeat next year.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9336480

I'd be more than happy to do it again...That $800.00 just may be the amount needed to find the cure so no amount is ever too small...I think it did well as I know how small the town of Pelham is - one of my brothers lives there now.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

November 19, 2012
3:23 AM

Post #9336827

I agree, $800.00 for Pelham is very good.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 19, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9337070

$800. is way more than 0 sew you did a very good thing !!! whhooooo hooooo !!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America