Happy Birthday to all born May 23rd!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

mrhank
careyana
jmflack
lorettad

This message was edited May 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Thumbnail by taters55
Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Sending wishes for a very Happy Birthday to all!

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Y'all are too sweet. Thank you for the warm wishes!

My day will probably be spent at my new most favorite nursery (Green Gate in Seguin) and I'm going out for a sushi dinner with a family friend since DH is out of town on business. He took me to San Francisco over the weekend so he's forgiven. :)

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Nice! Hope you're out having fun now!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Very nice. Thank you.

My day was spent on airplanes, daydreaming about my 250 Texas Lantana (Lantana horrida / Lantana urticoides) cuttings which have rooted. Now I have to plant them.

Thank you for the kind wishes.

Hank

That is a lot of plants! Are they easy to root from cuttings?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Totally totally easy. Shockingly easy.

What I do is buy a tube of paper cups, drill some holes through the bottoms (I can do like 15 at a time), and then fill each with potting soil.

Then I just start cutting up some long limbs off a Lantana horrida I have. Dip the ends in Rootone powder and water... so it sticks. (I just fill an old empty rootone bottle with about half powder and the rest waterand shake). Stick the ends in the soil. Water every day or two for about a week. BANG!

About 75% "grab."

(The FIRST THING that happens is all the existing leaves dry up and die. Your bench will look like everything is dead. Wait till loves leaves get crispy and snip 'em off... BINGO you'll see all sorts of new stuff happening.)

I've never found anything EASIER to root.

My thought is: Native, Heat Loving, Dry Tolerant. Beautiful. I am filling a massive area with them.

Thumbnail by mrhank Thumbnail by mrhank

Thanks for the tip. I have a wild lavender one, I would loe to try to root.

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, you sure are ambitious, Hank!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images