Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

NE Pets Forum #22

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

It's time to start a new thread. Plus it's another kitty's turn to have her picture posted.
We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1252818/

This is Sweetie Pie. She is a 3 year old or so abandoned cat that we ended up with.

Thumbnail by Doug9345
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here's my friend's daughters with the kitties

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Sweetie Pie & kitties are dolls! Looks like they have very loving families!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Little girls and kittens just go together. Has she played dress up with them?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Sweetie Pie looks lilke my Wallingford. By her name, I can tell she doesn't have his personality - a GOOD thing!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Actually until these last few months she periodically became a member or the wrong species - canine. She is also a klutz. I think part of it is that she was a second cat here for a few months then Fluffy passed away. For a few more months she was an only cat. Then we added Bear the dog, Hairy the older blond cat, and Midnight a mostly black cat that I haven't posted a picture and I guess I will. I think it took a while for the whole pact to settle down into a comfort zone.

Thumbnail by Doug9345
Thomaston, CT

Oh, she's pretty!

South Hamilton, MA

Your friend is going to have 4 cats. No little girl is going to give them up. Very cute child with great dimmples.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

the mom has the same dimples but with black hair, yeah they have 4 kids 2 boys 2 girls I don't think those kittens are going anywhere, LOL

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I don't think anyone could get those kittens from those girls. Really cute pics!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice, one for each!! Love great endings!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love all the pics!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful kitty's here!!
Glad the kittens had a happy ending. :)

For the yuck factor - picked a SLUG out of Sampson's fur last night!

South Hamilton, MA

Better than a tick.

Didn't think about that - you are right. (But still very yuckky!)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

How great all 4 kittens got to go to the same home. 4 kittens for 4 kids!

Nice kitties you have there Weeze and Doug.

Here are some pics of Jerry in the garden today.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we found another on the couch this morning too Memory.. as soon as I saw your post Karen.. I thought of Wall-E grabbing those tennis balls... and running around the yard.. pipe & all.. sorry Jen

:)

Holly brought me another vol last night. GOOD KITTY!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Jerry's a nice looking dog. I take it that he's some kind of hound.

My neighbor has 2 beagles. The male just loves me. If I'm out side he'll come straight over to get petted and play with my dog. The female doesn't and she and my dog have decided that the in between neighbor's driveway is the dividing line between her territory and his. I wish she was a little big more laid back because then if the neighbor wanted to go away for a weekend they could just come stay with me. The boy would the girl I don't think would.

Thomaston, CT

Jerry is a handsome boy! My Suey had to be in the kennel while I was in NH, & I miss her...can't get her until Tues. as they are closed Sun. afternoon & holidays....It would be nice for your neighbor, Doug if you could take the beagles, but my Suey wouldn't let another dog into her house....she's just too bossy!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good kitty is right!!!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

The bossy one in this group would be the female beagle.

We got two ewes Saturday and I took Bear out to see them yesterday. He hadn't paid much attention to them before that. Of course he has to bark at them and as they moved to the other side of the pasture he had to run around it. I'm sure he'd like to get in there and play with them. I'm also sure it wouldn't meet the criteria of fun for the sheep. They were a little wary but not freaked about him. I was told that they had been around dogs before.

This isn't really my project. I share a house with a retired friend and the sheep are in theory his and another guys project. Given his health that means they are my project. I can't complain. It's his equipment and land that I'm using to put a garden in.

The dog going to see the sheep did accomplish one thing. I wanted to get close to the two to examine them very closely. One is losing wool and I wanted to see what her skin looked like up close. I can't see any parasites and she isn't itching. From what I read, ewes will sometimes lose wool after have a couple of lambs. I'll keep an eye on her.

Thomaston, CT

How nice to have your own wool....do you sell it? There is a horse, 2 pigs, & a flock of chickies on the land behind my house....my dog is fine with that, as long as they stay on the other side of the fence.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Doug I can relate. I think I've lost a little wool after having my little lambs too. If had a male sheep, I'd name him Samson. Bear must be in dog heaven with all the barnyard friends to investigate.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

No we've had sheep a few times here but not regular. I've never sheered one and I've never spun wool. They definitely have been around dogs before because Bear was sticking his head through the hog panels that we are using for fence and barking at them and the ewes weren't running away at all.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

RosemaryK, so you think that my diagnosis of her problem is most likely right? Her skin looks good, just bald.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

A local historical society sponsors annual sheep shearing demonstrations, but you have to get them there. When I was little and we had sheep, you could hire a guy with a van to come and do the work in the spring. He'd get to keep the wool for payment.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Crosspost! I don't know. I'd suggest you ask the vet if in doubt or if the redness deosn't go away soon.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks. I'm not too worried as there is no redness, no "hot" spots, the skin isn't sore as she was more than willing to let me touch it anywhere, just no wool on her sides..

Chalk up another vol for Holly!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

You have a good kitty there. It's amazing how much a cat or two can reduce the small rodent population.

Thomaston, CT

Holly is a good little hunter....chippies just running wild here.....

If Holly liked car rides I would bring her up for a day of hunting.

Thomaston, CT

Oh, that would be nice.....large, well-fed rabbit hopped out of my flower garden this morning!

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I bet if it looks really fat it's a she and she's pregnant :-o

Stuck Holly out in the yard when I got home from work last night - but no vol. I'm sure she couldn't catch a rabbit - she is too fat and her arthritis is too bad to run. (I AM working on getting her to lose weight.)

Thomaston, CT

My Suey needs to lose 2 lbs.......

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Bear could do with loosing 10 or 15 lbs.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

WOW...Baby bird w/2 heads & 3 beaks??
http://www.gazettenet.com/2012/05/30/baby-bird-challenged-with-2-heads-three-beaks

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.