Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Perennials: What is wrong with my Meuhlenbeckia complexa

Communities > Forums > Perennials
bookmark
Forum: PerennialsReplies: 2, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MaryEv
Columbus, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2012
6:32 AM

Post #9136356

This seems to be an easy plant for most...just not for me. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I would like to keep part of it in a container and put part in the garden. (the green plant on the right is Soleirolia soleirolii, grown under the same conditions.)

It is currently in the plastic that it came in, in a NW window receiving only morning light. I'm watering when it's completely dry.

Thumbnail by MaryEv
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 24, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9136374

I know you said you only water it when it's completely dry, but your soil looks really wet right now. Maybe it's just the lighting or maybe you just watered it, but it makes me wonder how you're judging completely dry--are you just looking at the surface of the soil, or are you checking down farther in the soil where the roots are? The surface of the soil can dry out very quickly while it's still sopping wet underneath and overwatering could cause the problems you're seeing. Too little water can cause similar symptoms, so if you really are letting it get completely dry for too long that could cause problems too.
MaryEv
Columbus, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 24, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9136386

It was just watered...I'm waiting till the pot feels light when I pick it up and the soil pulls away from the sides...probably too dry?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America