Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Where are the pests?

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Ohio River Valley GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SteveOh
Cherry Grove, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 24, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9136569

Normally I'm battling the bugs by now, but this year the vegetable and ornamental gardens are virtually pest free. I've seen a few Ladybird Beetles, but not many of the aphids they love to munch on. Also plenty of bees on the peas and beans.

Are you all experiencing a similar pest-free spring?
salix_man
Barberton, OH

May 24, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9137346

I am a little behind you up here in the north, but aside from slugs and Viburnum Leaf Beetles the only thing I've seen is a soft beetle with chevron on its back crawling in the garden, sometines with another on its back. Don't know what it is but it wanted to spend the winter in the house with me. Haven't seen it eating anything either. Oh and something is skeletonizing my Hollyhock leaves. Herman

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ohio River Valley Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Plant Lists with Invasives? tabasco 80 Aug 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Let's go gardening! Terry 1 Jul 9, 2008 12:16 AM
Adams County Amish Bird Symposium: March 3, 2007 tabasco 6 Sep 7, 2008 10:34 PM
Cincinnati Flower Show 2007 "Play in the Dirt" tabasco 18 Apr 21, 2007 7:48 AM
ORV Spring Plant Swap/Potluck Questions Illoquin 154 Mar 12, 2007 9:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America