Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Roses: Unknowns and Not Sures....II

Communities > Forums > Roses
bookmark
Forum: RosesReplies: 5, Views: 84
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9137307

Continued photos from post I.

Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent
Click an image for an enlarged view.

WinterGirl21
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 6b)

June 7, 2012
10:04 PM

Post #9156574

Hi Scottishgent - I suspect the third and fourth pictures are Dream Come True!
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9165505

Thank you WinterGirl21 ! You really have a good eye for roses.
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9166071

Pretty whatever they are!
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2012
4:21 PM

Post #9169161

Terri, 'not trying to be nosy, but you stated you lived in a northern state for some time and grew roses there, and now you're in Texas growing roses ? That's interesting to me, because except for small excepts, I know virtually nothing of the problems those in other climates face, but surely it couldn't be much worse than southeast Texas, with the high humidity and usually hot summers. I guess we caught a break this year (so far...!), as it's rained several times, really good, long rains.
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 19, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9171364

Well, true. But each area comes with it's own pro's and con's when growing roses. In the Chicago area summers can be just as hot and humid as here in NE Texas. But in Chicago we had some really cold winters while I was there. Some of my roses heaved out of the ground and needed replanting. Then we had a flood and my back rose hedge was under water (some of it sewer water--UGH). Different set of insects. Different soil. The summer I moved down from Chicago to Texas was so cool that most of my tomatoes did not set fruit. And I've never had more trouble with bunnies than in that Chicago area neighborhood! No predation asside from my late crazy red heeler. But the sheer volume of bugs here in NE Texas is quite noticable, to put it mildly! ☺

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America