-
AuthorContent
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9139132

'Just trying to get some opinions here, but I'd like to preferably build (or buy) a simple covered carport for 2 vehicles, nothing with sides or anything fancy, just something to protect the vehicles. I can add lights, etc...if I can just get something up. Wood or metal supports, metal or 'other' roof, just something that will look nice and be sturdy and functional.
Any ideals would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Mountaindweller
Dolan Springs, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9150373

Pep Boys sells a metal tube frame kit for about $200 when it goes on sale. 10 x 20, so maybe only big enough for 1 car. It comes with a canvas top, no sides.
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 4, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9152667

Thanks Mountaindweller; that's getting down to my speed :) ! But, I need something for 2 vehicles. I think I'm just going to construct it myself, using 4" pipe for support, and probably a metal roof. It doesn't have to actually connect to the house, it can go under the existing eave, and have a slight downward angle.
Mountaindweller
Dolan Springs, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 4, 2012
9:08 PM

Post #9152744

That sounds like it should work :>) Do-it-yourself is generally less expensive, if you have the courage and imagination to tackle it. Good luck!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America